Alternative needed to HPC?

original title:

Goodbye to HPC? Ultimatum issued

Ban the Clown - or Ban Me ! , please Mods

=============================

(I have just posted this on HPC. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.)

Ban the Clown - or Ban Me ! , please Mods

I'm fed up to the teeth with this unwarranted abuse

=======================================

I fully accept that we are in a bear trap, that prices are still unsustainable high, and that prices will start falling again. None of the bears on this site would diagree with that. The issue here is Dr B pretending he has some special insight into the property market through his magic powers of browsing Yahoo Finance, and consistently calling the top of the market wrong.

2/

ARE WE THERE YET???

Nationwide : House prices rose in September

Dr Bubb, when are you finally going to admit your bullcrap about having some special super secret techincal system to determine future house prices by posting loads of random charts copied and pasted from Yahoo Finance was just a load of balls? Still waiting.

I am a little amazed that Little Professor has not been banned from this website for his constant lies and slander.

I will ask for that now.

It should be clear by now whose prognosis has been worth paying attention to.

+ Hometrack has reported the biggest drop in 18 months.

+ Rightmove has reported a 7.1% drop in Greater London over 3 months

+ Nationwide's own report says:

Martin Gahbauer, chief economist at Nationwide, said September had proven to be an uneventful month for house prices.

He said: "The seasonally adjusted price index for a typical UK property was essentially unchanged in September, edging up by a marginal 0.1 per cent from its August level.

"The three month on three month rate of change, a good indicator of the near term price trend, fell from 0.0 per cent in August to -0.9 per cent in September.

"This represents the first negative reading for the three month rate of change since May 2009 and is consistent with the clear loosening of housing market conditions observed over the summer months.

/more: http://www.ftadviser.com/FTAdviser/Mortgag...-Nationwide.jsp

I have asked the Mods here to ban Little Professor or to ban me from this website

UNQUOTE

Posted here: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=151921

=== ===

MORE ON THE CHOICE that I was giving to the HPC Mods: see Post #128 :

In effect, I was asking them if they wanted to be a serious website, or one dominated by small minded spin artists.

The choice has been made. The die is cast. And I can move on.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay

( [#103126] Your posting rights have been removed by an administrator. )

I have been banned now

My next step...

I may threaten to sue then if they do not remove ALL of my posts from the site.

Time to move on

Sounds like old psyco babble himself may have finally got to you!

It's just plain rude - Not to mention that they are always spinning everything so heavily it might as well be an outright lie.

BEFORE I MOVE TO THE NEXT STEP (if I do), I want to count:

+ My postings

+ The hits on my top 10 thread

+ Estimate how many hits they have generated for the website

The most (only?) sensible bit of your post.

Relax! There's a world out there!

Ah well.

Some of the shite I have been subjected to on that website is beyond belief*

No one here would (or should) expect to put up with it on GEI.

(Warning: Possible new policy coming here. Not suggest by me, but I can see the point now.)

== == == == ==

*As a result of one such rude posting towards me within the last week, I got this PM:

HPC - S****, mother of 4:

I have been lurking on this site for many years and just wanted to thank you for all your comments and information. I thought i let you know this becasue there are many people who do have a go at you for no good reason. I am a mother of 4 and a hard working full time employed person who always appreciates information from you. And yes, you have stopped myself and my husband committing financial suicide by waiting for the right time to by a house.

==

(my response was):

Thanks for that, S*****.

I am fairly thick-skinned, so those negative comments do not really get to me. But I do appreciate your words.

Best of luck to you with your investing.

THAT WAS BEFORE, I saw a barrage of aggressive and unfair posts from some of the usual suspects.

Why not set up an alternative house price discussion website? GEIPropertywatch? Beat them at their own game.

That way you make sure only adults and those with at least a 3 digit IQ could join. HPC has veered way off course from what it used to be.

LOL.

I love it.

Do you think that would be popular?

Maybe a relaunch of Global House Price Crash ... Global Edge House Price Crash (GEHPC ?)

- Just kidding.

You should be relieved to be honest.

The discussion over there has come full circle and the same topics are being re-hashed over and over with a bit more bitterness each iteration.

there's a lot of bitterness in anyone who invests in anything over there mainly cos they haven't got the balls/nouse to do the research and formulate a strategy to survive/thrive in this greater depression.

I may threaten to sue then if they do not remove ALL of my posts from the site.

I find the concept of "posts" or "postings" interesting.

Here is a typical piece of legal boilerplate found on the Terms and Conditions for many websites that provide an ability to make "postings".

By making Postings on the Website you grant to us an irrevocable, unconditional, royalty-free, fully paid-up world-wide license to use, advertise, sub-license, distribute and market (directly or indirectly through agents and distributors), display, perform, modify and have modified, reproduce, copy and have copied, publish and prepare derivative works thereof in any form and format and in any media in existence or hereinafter developed, the Postings and any and all information contained therein. Any postings or material which you provide to us will not be subject to any right of confidentiality and we will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, or incorporate this material for any or all commercial or non commercial purposes.

Looking at the typical flow of a thread on these discussion sites, the series of postings would normally start with a reference to some item of interest and add some commentary on that. So in the case of this "posting" I have taken a part of an original "posting" by DrBubb and added the text I am currently typing to it. As I continue to type I increase the transformative nature of my derivative work and thus alter the copyright infringing and fair use aspects. The status of those aspects would be set by the legal context of the initial post and the surrounding environment of posts. By the action of posting I may be deemed to have accepted explicitly or implicitly the terms of the contract as set out in the posting policy.

Some websites, however, explicitly state the retention of copyright by posters though granting by their actions a licence for delineated usage within the website. In this case the derivative work" sequence in a series of posts in a thread seems more problematical should a poster part way through the thread revoke the licence.

Turning then to the definition of "ALL of my posts", would this encompass:

a) all original text typed by the poster but excluding hyperlinked material and framed material

B) all posts created by the poster including hyperlinked material but excluding quoted text from other posters

c) all posts created by the poster regardless of what appears by whatever mechanism in the rendered appearance

d) all posts created by the poster and by any other poster in which complete or partial text from the poster under consideration appears.

Anyone know if there are any legal rulings clarifying these issues?

( [#103126] Your posting rights have been removed by an administrator. )

I have been banned now

Changed now, to this:

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on 30 September 2011 - 11:25 AM.

Seems to be some difference of opinion amongst the HPC mods

there's a lot of bitterness in anyone who invests in anything over there mainly cos they haven't got the balls/nouse to do the research and formulate a strategy to survive/thrive in this greater depression.

Yeah. It's a funny thing.

Whenever I see someone has bought whom I know, they usually sound like they do plenty of thinking,

and I wish them luck with their purchase.

Why not? It doesn't cost me a thing to say that, and I mean it.

It does take courage to buy when you are thinking about all the potential risks, rather than just following the crowd.

And those that have thought it through are most likely to make it work in a tough time.

I find the concept of "posts" or "postings" interesting.

Here is a typical piece of legal boilerplate found on the Terms and Conditions for many websites that provide an ability to make "postings".

Looking at the typical flow of a thread on these discussion sites, the series of postings would normally start with a reference to some item of interest and add some commentary on that. So in the case of this "posting" I have taken a part of an original "posting" by DrBubb and added the text I am currently typing to it. As I continue to type I increase the transformative nature of my derivative work and thus alter the copyright infringing and fair use aspects. The status of those aspects would be set by the legal context of the initial post and the surrounding environment of posts. By the action of posting I may be deemed to have accepted explicitly or implicitly the terms of the contract as set out in the posting policy.

Some websites, however, explicitly state the retention of copyright by posters though granting by their actions a licence for delineated usage within the website. In this case the derivative work" sequence in a series of posts in a thread seems more problematical should a poster part way through the thread revoke the licence.

Turning then to the definition of "ALL of my posts", would this encompass:

a) all original text typed by the poster but excluding hyperlinked material and framed material

B) all posts created by the poster including hyperlinked material but excluding quoted text from other posters

c) all posts created by the poster regardless of what appears by whatever mechanism in the rendered appearance

d) all posts created by the poster and by any other poster in which complete or partial text from the poster under consideration appears.

Anyone know if there are any legal rulings clarifying these issues?

Thanks for that.

My main intent is get them to understand the value that I have added to their site. And as such, my threads deserved more respect than they were permitted by the many troll-postings, from the Tiny Professor, etc.

I do think it is fair to say that I was one of the first to start posting deeper, more thoughtful posts on the underlying economic issues, and then many other thoughtful posters appeared adding their insight. I also introduced quite a number of iconic terms. I believe I was the first to talk about Vested Interests, and call them "VI"s" and introduce the concept of "crash cruise speed", and looking to the builders for clues about where the market was headed. And there's so much more...

If they delete my posts, they will lose the origins of all that. But I doubt many of the current posters, Johnnie-come-latelies, would really care about all that. But HPC would be left like Swiss Cheese in places. Some of its history would disappear.

HPC was ruined many years ago as the rabble caught on. I have been a follower of HPC since the days of the FT bulletin board, and it has long since stopped resembling the detailed and independent rational thinking that that board and the early days of HPC had. Nowadays it's just a sounding board for mindless trolls.

I rarely visit it these days and honestly don't think you're missing out on anything.

HPC was ruined many years ago as the rabble caught on. I have been a follower of HPC since the days of the FT bulletin board, and it has long since stopped resembling the detailed and independent rational thinking that that board and the early days of HPC had. Nowadays it's just a sounding board for mindless trolls.

I rarely visit it these days and honestly don't think you're missing out on anything.

What kept me going back was messages like the one I got from that "Mother of 4".

The sensible ones over there will know where to find my comments,

... and this is a shortcut: http://tinyurl.com/UKtrap or ... http://tinyurl.com/UKhpdata

If anyone is a member there, could you send a PM to Masked Tulip for me:

Hi, Masked. It finally happened.

I have been banned from HPC for a year for giving HPC an ultimatum, as an effort to stop abuse from certain posters.

If you want to read my posts about this, they are GEI, as well as a shortcut to my big HP Data thread here.

I wish you well. Don't let the bastards get you down. Best, DrBubb

HPC is weird and largely a waste of time these days. Far too many of its members are ensconced in bitterness and a profound lack of memory and appreciation of context. Leave them to it.

I've had a hunch that Fubra (site owners) have only cared about the ad revenue for years.

Some good things have definitely come out of it - for instance GEI (of course) - and I for one am massively grateful for all of DrB's work and posts.

If you really want to see children squabbling at a tea party, then in my view there is no better option than the MoneySavingExpert house prices forum.

It's not that easy to find, as the webmasters have hidden it away so as to minimise folks' awareness of it, almost as if Martin Lewis himself is embarrassed about it, so here's the direct link: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149 (note you'll need to have a login just to read it

It's not that easy to find, as the webmasters have hidden it away so as to minimise folks' awareness of it, almost as if Martin Lewis himself is embarrassed about it, so here's the direct link: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149 (note you'll need to have a login just to read it

You have to be a member.

Maybe I will put my remaining uk hpc energy into that.

But I do like the idea of starting a GEI version of HPC : "Gentleman/gentlewoman's HPC."

Any ideas on a good name.

If anyone here is very keen on this idea, maybe we can do it as a JV.

Especially if someone likes posting and has good web skills

fd312810de287d696d24e5807c13f8fb6g.jpg937bdcfcc147453effb6dbc12be04e3c6g.jpg

A ghost?

Some "rise from the dormant phase" - so HPC should be careful where they tread.

Message sent. Dr B.

Hi, Masked. It finally happened.

I have been banned from HPC for a year for giving HPC an ultimatum, as an effort to stop abuse from certain posters.

If you want to read my posts about this, they are GEI, as well as a shortcut to my big HP Data thread here.

I wish you well. Don't let the bastards get you down. Best, DrBubb

Archived