Alternative needed to HPC?

If the red line did represent wages house prices would be around about fair value!

Not quite fair.. I'm about 2/3rds in stocks. Never trusted gold though, but happy to admit it's proved to be a good investment so far.

Small world this internet place :lol:

How are you Libs?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the red line did represent wages house prices would be around about fair value!

Not quite fair.. I'm about 2/3rds in stocks. Never trusted gold though, but happy to admit it's proved to be a good investment so far.

How are you Libs?

WTF? You do not 'trust' gold, you have it because you cannot trust other people to honour their promises. Keep up at the back.

Always the mischief maker - be careful now or you could have the quickest ban on GEI from new blood to banned!

Always breaking records . . .

We'll edit the naughty bits before Bubb has his cornflakes or bowl of rice or whatever he eats over there. Noodles?

How are you Libs?

Life's good, although not as pleasant as a hammock in Thailand I'd wager..

WTF? You do not 'trust' gold, you have it because you cannot trust other people to honour their promises. Keep up at the back.

I don't want to upset anyone here.. we all have our own investment ideas. I guess I just think that any asset/commodity is vulnerable to speculation and I wouldn't want all my eggs in one basket. Especially one I don't really understand.

I had a quick look at it, but I am a mere monkey. I could ask one of the organ grinders to tak a look but I don't think they will understand it, not on paper you see.

Fear not.

I signed up here once, but forgot the username and password . . . happens that.

What time does Bubb get in?

Dr Bubb,

I'm sure regular readers on HPC will miss your insights, you add so much more value than most posters. I've been lurking on this site for ages because the info is much better and you don't have to scroll through lots of rubbish! I haven't posted because I'm learning, certainly not an expert. Your trading diary is great, it's useful seeing how a professional trader views the market.

I think the idea adding a property section to this site is a good idea.

Trouble is, it's taking it's time rolling over, giving the bulls ammunition to bait the bears. We need the crash cruise speed to kick in.

Right,

The foot is going from the accelerator to the brake too much.

But the mass of data : http://tinyurl.com/ukTrap gives a clear signal something bearish is afoot

Does that red line represent wages? If not, you can throw that graph in the rubbish.

homepage.png

Agreed!

And it doesn't. I have the data

On that site (HPC) they are ALL HOUSING BULLS. They are just bitter at missing the big ramp up in prices.

Indeed.

It sounds strange to say that, but the statement is actually SPOT ON !

So many think that at some future date after they buy, the old bubble market upwards thrust will thereafter be restored.

They have trouble contemplating that they may never see a move like that for a decade or two, and maybe not even within their lifetimes.

Global Edge Habitat

Global Edge Abode

GEI House Price Cache

Thanks for the suggestions, P.

I have one in mind, and shall probably buy the name and announce it this weekend.

Unless I see a better suggestion... based on my own (flawed?) subjective judgment.

If I have a poll or something, someone may grab the name I am thinking of.

When the coalition of the losers start going after property owners, as they stated last week when they said that: "property owners can't run away", the price of property will nosedive well below the fictitious red line on that stupid graph.

The banksters made a miscalculation in the US when they assumed that the suckers that bought into their ponzi scheme would continue to pay off their mortgages from savings etc. After all it is the AMERICAN DREAM. But they were wrong. They walked away as housing is NOT the most important bill that needs paying.

The same scenario will payout with gormless "bricks and mortar" British.

The average price of a crumbling, shoddy, UK house will be well below 100oz of gold.

Truly. That idea - shifting TAX onto property - is a big risk for property owners.

One that the loads of gullible foreigners who are piling in now, may not be thinking about

When the coalition of the losers start going after property owners, as they stated last week when they said that: "property owners can't run away", the price of property will nosedive well below the fictitious red line on that stupid graph.

I'm curious about the coalition tax on property plans - I hadn't noticed anything - do you have a link

Archived