Alternative needed to HPC?

HPC is just another place for me to ramp property down, my shares/investments up. I know Eas, journalists, well heeled people read that site. Its all market manipulation. For me, its that simple.

Don't take it too hard. You have nothing to prove. You owe the world nothing, and the world owes you nothing.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(ORIGINAL was deleted.)

To be fair you wrote alot of stuff with different ideas and then edited alot them to suit, so for many it was information overload

I enjoyed reading your articles, but I can also see why people got fed up with what you had to say and this is where I am coming from.

You have made particular calls, some have been right others not so. I dont really care either way if I am honest and like I say I am just offering an opinion as to why others may have got annoyed.

As for people thanking you, they are seeking comfort and if their thinking is aligned to yours then of course they will thank you.

I am really surprised at them taking you off the forum because what you wrote at least had some science or logic behind it even if it turned out incorrect some of the time.

Look strings, you are new here, and I gave you some leeway.

But I've had enough of your trash. I don't tolerate lies and slander here - so take rest for a week.

If you come back with the same lies you will be gone for good.

Enough people know the facts, or will take the time to investigate (as I have already suggested.)

Meantime, I think you may be happier back in the cesspool than here. Go shit on your own doorstep.

== ==

in edit:

People who think this action is over the top: Please go and read my very polite response to string in #44.

After he basically ignored that, and accused me of modifying posts (how do you modify an hour long podcast ?),

I realised that he must be a nemesis from HPC. Do I really want that lot spattering their mud here?

If he is not, then after a week, he can come back and post something sensible. Else he will be quickly banned here.

A 1 week ban is a much more lenient treatment than many on HPC have received.

BTW, this issue does inflame me because anyone who bothered to truly investigate my Dead Cat Bounce forecast,

would find that it was 85-95% accurate, and I only suffered a small and lukecold wobble about it in the summer 2009.

Probably 90% of my posts about it (including the original!) suggested a longer bounce and/or was waiting for the

Homebuilders to signal the downturn. (Again, listen to the podcast to hear the original, unaltered version.)

Why should I bother to post or support a place (HPC) that permits such blatant misrepresentation? So I will happily

move on from there.

DrBubb, I dont think you should have given the mods an ultimatum, as they banned you. Lots of people enjoy your input and you have let one idiot spoil it for everyone else. I bet that little proffessor is laughing now.....

Very probably, he is. But I don't have to listen to it.

And there's every possibility others will be laughing when he is done.

The Property website project is one very much in my mind at the moment. Let's see what happens

Well, FWIW reading Bubb's posts on HPC changed my life.

It was they that got me started in all this gold, investing, podcasting, Moneyweek mullarkey.

Thanks, CC.

You would have gotten there anyway, I reckon. Maybe I helped to speed it up a it.

But I'm happy I did. I keep learning from many posters here (& even some on HPC)

Well, FWIW reading Bubb's posts on HPC changed my life.

It was they that got me started in all this gold, investing, podcasting, Moneyweek mullarkey.

Me too, and I hate to admit it, but so did RealistBear.

I would even go as far as saying your posts in 06 and me reading Fred Harrison's book, saved our business millions.

I have found elsewhere that the best way to deal with trollers is to ignore them - but do it in a devastating way. You wait until they make a post, then within a couple of minutes you add your own post directly under theirs, one that has nothing to do with their trolling and indeed moves the argument on in such manner as to make it obvious that you are treating their posts with silent contempt. very few trollers have the will to rise to this treatment for any length of time. You win the moral victory.

...I wouldn't waste time or money on a legal challenge. I place lawyers beside economists as self-serving parasites and mountbanks.

Where have you been, Malco?

Havent seen many of your postings recently

The problem with ignoring lies, is that some may believe them, and if you do not respond some folks with tend to think you are accepting their arguments. The contribution of the troll String above is a case in point. Anyone who bother to check what he had said, would see it was 20% spin and 80% fabrication. But if I do not answer it, and try to set the record straight, some will believe the lies. (Even some here seemed to. Perhaps they were unaware of the podcast or the actual original posts.)

Anyway, hitting the Suspend button, and probably the banning button when he returns, is far more effective.

===

Is anyone interested in the job of Moderator on a new Property Forum, if I start one?

Don't all jump at once. haha

I would like to add my support to a new property forum. I have been lurking on HPC since October 04, and I agree it seems to have lost its way recently - the same old arguments being re-hashed over and over by the same uber-bears. I only really look at it now for the news blog. I believe there is a need for a balanced property forum where the latest market developments are posted and debated in a sensible manner.

Thanks for those comment, especially from "New guys".

And welcome to both of you

Very probably, he is. But I don't have to listen to it.

And there's every possibility others will be laughing when he is done.

The Property website project is one very much in my mind at the moment. Let's see what happens

Yes, it could prove to be great timing in UK, as the property market has not yet crashed, and with all the austerity measures I think it will, big time. So a property related website could be good, but just a section here would be best IMO. I will participate in it as once houses become more realisticaly priced I will be buying back in. I think it will take a few more years yet though.

Do you think there would be an interest in a SERIOUS chatboard narrowly focussed on Property?

If so, I may tru to start it (I have a name in mind) and ask for volunteers to join it, and some to act as Mods.

This is important since I am not in the UK timezone, and I think much of the original posters would be in that zone.

I might even consider a business partner in such a venture, if he could bring the right ingredients to the table.

It would not cost much to start it. But it would require a time investment.

Shame to see this happen although setting this kind of ultimatums never works.

I personally would love to see a serious chatboard back similar to the old HPC...the level of economic debate when I joined (~2007) was of a pretty high standard. I definitely learned valuable things from some of the posters. Nowadays it seems to be mostly abusing anybody who does a serious post/anecdote, rarely do I spot a well-thought out argument anymore let alone that the poster is left alone. My question would be whether you need a new board or wish to revamp this in clearer sections....property section here for example is pretty much non-active!

My past experience in running chat-boards is that the key is that you need some good people willing to set the tone of the debate. If you have contact with some of the old good posters from HPC you might have a chance otherwise it will be very difficult to pull of. Even with good mods/admins as it takes a hell of a lot of time to get it running. I can't recall specific nicks, only one that comes to mind is HonestEA but that was more because of his valuable posts and of course Spline! He made really fantastic posts.....doesn't he run houseprices.uk.net? One idea would be to connect a chatboard to that site! That would immediately grasp a lot of attention as his site is high in the search-engines already and a chatforum there would be a nice complement to the existing site.

*) Not to forget Jonathan Davis himself offcourse....

I didn't set the time frame, he did!

I suggest you read the thread then comment on it

By the way, prices have stagnated oposed to "crash cruise speed"

Strings.. take a look at this from the HPC homepage (if anyone objects to the use of the image PM me):

homepage.png

Tell me you honestly can't see a bull trap (dead cat bounce) forming.. starting in about March last year, ending this spring.

I don't see how you can be quite so adamant that he has been proved badly wrong..

Strings.. take a look at this from the HPC homepage (if anyone objects to the use of the image PM me):

homepage.png

Tell me you honestly can't see a bull trap (dead cat bounce) forming.. starting in about March last year, ending this spring.

I don't see how you can be quite so adamant that he has been proved badly wrong..

Trouble is, still no one can afford a house cos' no ones got a job now.

N

o

o

d

l

e

homepage.png

Trouble is, it's taking it's time rolling over, giving the bulls ammunition to bait the bears. We need the crash cruise speed to kick in.

Okay

( [#103126] Your posting rights have been removed by an administrator. )

I have been banned now

They banned the only poster who made any sense. Hilarious!

Yes, UK house prices are going down, but the fools money in the bank is going down even faster.

They won't listen and they don't care.

On that site they are ALL HOUSING BULLS. They are just bitter at missing the big ramp up in prices.

Can't afford one even with a job

:(

Neither could I.

Airstream trailers. Look on US ebay then look at prices in the UK, order of magnitude difference. Stick one or more on a ship out of Jacksoville port. Better than some shite box new build in Gateshead or some damn awful place.

Chin up! Keep calm and carry on!

homepage.png

Does that red line represent wages? If not, you can throw that graph in the rubbish.

Archived