Gold Comments : for 1st Half-2007

drbubb

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also too much bullish sentiment. Everywhere you look people are saying gold will soon break $700. If it closes above $660, the sell signal is invalidated and I will buy back in, missing out on $12 or so. Not that bad.

Admittedly I'm reading everywhere that gold is ready for breakout. You're probably one of the few saying the opposite. I thought maybe the sell off on Friday's close would give the rally sufficient legs this week. Today could be crucial I guess but I have my stops at breakeven at least. If everyone is saying it is going to rally, who is going to be doing the buying to fuel it?

Looking good for an above $660 close. Even the favourable labour costs report and the implications for inflation haven't phased it.

It's above $660 now, it's hard to know what to do... I missed the peak last time and it feels like there is a peak here somewhere but there isn't as much bullish news around it like there was last time it went $720...

gold's moving now, and a further jump to $680-700, even higher, is likely IMHO

remember this from jim sinclair:

48403_Sinclair12.jpg

TOO MANY BULLS ?? - (the bears point of view)

EWI remain bearish medium term on Gold, citing excessive bullish sentiment:

[April Gold] continues to subdivide toward the “ideal” target area of $692-$694, but the look of the most recent

rally legs appears labored. The reason this is a concern for the near-term bullish case is that optimism has

reached an area that has coincided with previous gold highs, as seen on the above chart. With the trendfollowing

portion of our work still pointed higher, we are sticking with our forecast and continue to look for a

push toward the above cited target. However, if the trend-following data deteriorate, we will abandon the nearterm

bullish case. A break of $646.50 would start to degrade this data and would suggest that wave c (circle)

up is complete and the next leg down in the larger decline from last May was underway.

= =

ON THE SIDE of the bears, is the less-than-robust action in the Gold stocks,

which have not kep up with bullion

Hi Chuz,

Did you switch out for tax reasons?

ABB

yup, also because i think that things will get worse in america and the dollar might devalue causing money to move into gold, the etf underlying currency is dollars.

Mainly for tax reasons though (and i want to play with my ISA :) )

that little oopsy at 2:45 today.. that was me! The force is strong in the gold market though, i think it will overpower what ever evil mojo I carry with me.

:)

Heh, actually I am not that much better to be honest. I bought after one month delay (due to work) and have suffered for it ever since. I bought just before that massive peak at 720. I bought another bit at 540 so I am just taking some money from that really.

But thanks for motivating me :)

and right on que, evil mojo not beaten yet..it never fails $672 -> $655 who knows where the bottom is :lol:

I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw that. However I have still managed to make a loss on Gold, despite reading most threads here I just don't know where to put my money....

CHEAP GOLD STOCKS?

anyone listen to the Gold roundtable on FSE?

I keep hearing about how depressed gold shares are while my account keeps banging up to new highs. In my account are shares like: GAL.v. EOX.v, ...and many more which are trading near their highs.

So what are these stocks they are talking about??

Some of my stocks are hitting sell targets, so i am looking for new ideas. I'd love to knwo what these depressed gold shares are

Archived