The Breakthrough - Human thinking is changing

They are printing and will continue to do so for as long as they can but at some point it ends. There are untold trillions of debt in the world and the holders of this debt are currently happy to accept a small loss from inflation verses what could potentially be a huge loss in a deflationary collapse. As you say it's finely balanced and the printing presses continue to rumble but at some point further printing leads to higher rates and then it's decision time - either they stop printing and deflate or print faster and face rapidly accelerating inflation. Both will be very destructive and ultimately destroy a huge percentage of the imaginary claims to wealth that exist within many asset classes and likely destroy a significant percentage of good productive capacity.

Personally I can't see them printing. Hyperinflation would play out over a much shorter time span resulting in a loss of control by the PTB. Who knows where this leads, civil unrest, war? During a deflation the public are more controllable, politians can limp along, banks can be bailed, printing hidden, excuses made, scape goats found etc. It'll still be tough but the risks to the rich and powerful are reduced and ultimately that's what will decide it.

Late here so I'm off to bed.

Follow the footie? My team Charlton just blew a 2-0 lead.

Yes, without a doubt it's an extension of the great confidence trick and could at some point all come tumbling down. I guess the converse argument is that in whose benefit is it if it does come to an end?

Not the creditors, nor the debtors. I guess that that leaves only the little guy. But heh, when have they ever cared about the little guy?

Of course hyper inflation is just as damaging as deflation (which can also ends in civil unrest and wars), but they actually believe they can control hyperinflation, whereas they know they can't control deflation. That's what worries me.

As for the footie, I stopped watching when the tickets at Highfield Road went above £6! :D

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late here so I'm off to bed.

Sleep on... You and JD.

You both seem more comfortable that way.

Waking up can sometimes be a big shock.

bigbenMS1108_468x432.jpg

Just to give you a taste of what might lurk in the future, following is the

final paragraph from the link I gave you:

"THE BIG PICTURE

As I wrote in the previous article, The Source Field Investigations paints a "big picture" that is quite an adjustment for the average person... but is nonetheless backed up with extensive evidence:

+ DNA is a product of a quantum energy wave, and is written into the basic laws of the Universe;

+ The laws that govern the formation of life on Earth also govern the behavior of matter and energy in the Cosmos;

+ The human design is intrinsic to this galaxy, and probably a good bit of the entire Universe;

+ Other humans have progressed much, much farther, spiritually and technologically, than we have;

+ Those humans colonized Earth in the times of Atlantis, and their skulls reveal brain capacities significantly larger than ours;

+ These people were largely wiped out by a self-inflicted cataclysm caused by nuclear war between rival colonies;

+ The survivors built pyramids to heal and stabilize the Earth on its axis in the aftermath of this catastrophe;

+ They had direct knowledge of a natural cycle that propels each inhabited planet through quantum evolutionary leaps;

+ They were aware of a physical gland in the human brain that governs ESP and is "activated" by this natural cycle;

+ They knew this galaxy-driven cycle had an exact end-point, measurable by a 25,920-year wobble on any inhabited planet;

+ They extensively encoded prophecies of this cycle, and its ultimate effects, in dozens of ancient myths worldwide;

+ They honor the Law of Free Will through most of a planet's evolution, but are allowed to re-appear at the end of a cycle;

+ The completion of the cycle creates an energetic springboard that gives humans remarkable "Ascended" abilities;

+ World governments are utterly incapable of interfering with this process, regardless of what they may try to do."

If there's some strong element of truth in Wilcock's ideas (one or two of his strange ideas are also coming to me from completely different sources), then the importance of it is massively greater than something like: when and where QE3 might start. I am interested in that too, but I don't want to lose sight of what might be a much more important bigger picture.

...following is the final paragraph from the link I gave you:

This EXCERPT came earlier in the article:

SFI (Source Field Investigations) IS ALREADY BECOMING INSTRUMENTAL

DW: That concludes our interview – but it doesn’t conclude the insider updates that I feel are important to share.

One insider told me he is hearing about the Source Field book from 2-3 different key people per day. These are insiders within the black-ops community, who are working against the cabal, at very high levels of classification. Just to clarify, these are people who routinely work with free energy, anti-gravity, teleportation, stargate travel and time-viewing technology.

They are very excited, as they now realize that SFI is an excellent summary of all the science that has been suppressed -- science they use every day in their jobs.

They are well aware of the implications of this science being publicly disclosed to humanity -- for the first time in Earth history. They apparently are seeing that this book can be used to bring the public up to speed much faster than they had expected, and with much less risk or hassle. No one needs to stick their neck out and risk assassination in order to get the truth out – just recommend that people read the book.

INNOVATIVE MAIL CAMPAIGN HAS ALREADY BEEN LAUNCHED

I was also told that these insiders are buying 10 books at a time and sending them via certified mail, with written return receipts, to governors, senators and congressmen.

If the recipients of SFI sign for the book, that now makes them legally liable for being aware of its contents. Apparently, about half of these books are being returned unsigned.

This suggests that SFI is already being used to set the groundwork for the Disclosure coup itself… which may be coming a lot sooner than most people would imagine.

You last paragraph:

"Many think fiat currencies won't survive unless at some point there is a link to Gold. Since politicians don't generally like to admit they are wrong, it may well take a collapse in currencies before such a solution is introduced. If a dramatic event like that happens, if fiat money "dies", it will cause untold poverty across the board. Although, if such a scenario develops it could very well sow the seeds to a new mode of thinking that is needed."

Is very interesting, since many people in Alternative circles are talking about how an economic collapse, may precede a period of spiritual enlightment. It is fascinating how being wealthy increases you chances of being "caught up in Karma", and interested mainly in holding onto and increasing the wealth.

Could you point out some links regards the alternative circles? And your last comment regarding wealth, you're referring to a spiritual wealth (?)

This was posted earlier on, you might have missed it, do you have any links?

THE “NEOCONS” ARE THE LEADERS OF THE CABAL - says Fulford:

And I can tell you who the leaders are.

People like Henry Kissinger, George Bush Senior, George Bush Junior, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, and Tony Blair. We know who they are.

DW: So these are Neocons and their allies.

BF: Neocons is the label that you use for them.

That’s the group that had this crazy plan that somehow they could take over the world’s oil and still control the world through the 21st century. We know who they are. When you take away that curtain, it’s like the Wizard of Oz. You pull away the curtain and you see a little old man sitting at the control desk.

... Have we ever seen anything like this before? - Yes!

The BBC reports:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmQ-aSIVNiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvyXuANtSH4

This was posted earlier on, you might have missed it, do you have any links?

"A Financial Collapse may precede an Awakening /

Spirituality will grow as material wealth is lost"

Thread started - to collect Links:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=15365

I will post them as I recall them, or run across more

Yes, without a doubt it's an extension of the great confidence trick and could at some point all come tumbling down. I guess the converse argument is that in whose benefit is it if it does come to an end?

Not the creditors, nor the debtors. I guess that that leaves only the little guy. But heh, when have they ever cared about the little guy?

Of course hyper inflation is just as damaging as deflation (which can also ends in civil unrest and wars), but they actually believe they can control hyperinflation, whereas they know they can't control deflation. That's what worries me.

As for the footie, I stopped watching when the tickets at Highfield Road went above £6! :D

Well, I think we agree that whatever TPTB do it will be in their own perceived best interest and sod everyone else - has it ever been any different? The current system is unsustainable so we now only need to wait & see what they do.

Good luck to you JD I hope whichever way you play it you come out the other end relatively unscathed.

This has been an enjoyable chat.

Well, I think we agree that whatever TPTB do it will be in their own perceived best interest and sod everyone else - has it ever been any different? The current system is unsustainable so we now only need to wait & see what they do.

Good luck to you JD I hope whichever way you play it you come out the other end relatively unscathed.

This has been an enjoyable chat.

Likewise WB.

Right, once more unto the breach!!!

Sleep on... You and JD.

You both seem more comfortable that way.

If there's some strong element of truth in Wilcock's ideas (one or two of his strange ideas are also coming to me from completely different sources), then the importance of it is massively greater than something like: when and where QE3 might start. I am interested in that too, but I don't want to lose sight of what might be a much more important bigger picture.

Oh dear, I read those points (and some of the later points) and have to say that this is looking more and more like some crazy religious cult.

You talk about us waking up, I would say you need to open your eyes.

The emperor really does have no clothes!

Are you really taking these statements seriously?

There is not one statement there that has any element of proof, nor even any evidence pointing towards any proof.

You are essentially sitting in front of a new self made messiah, believing every bit of drivel spouted.

Keep an open mind, but never stop questioning, never just take someone’s word for it and keep demanding evidence, otherwise you're wasting your time and energy (and possibly money too) on fairy stories.

I'll give him some credit though, he has a great PR machine (just look at the images) and he chose his target audience very carefully it seems. The one group in the world that loves to think they have some hidden knowledge of secret conspiracies, and then fire that around the internet, "spreading the word". Very clever marketing indeed.

Oh dear, I read those points (and some of the later points) and have to say that this is looking more and more like some crazy religious cult.

You talk about us waking up, I would say you need to open your eyes.

The emperor really does have no clothes!

Are you really taking these statements seriously?

There is not one statement there that has any element of proof, nor even any evidence pointing towards any proof.

You are essentially sitting in front of a new self made messiah, believing every bit of drivel spouted.

You are obviously wrong to say I believe everything. But it does highlight your approach:

"Reject everything - Do not listen. There's nothing here... Move On."

Have I got your mantra right?

Anyway, as I said already, I have had some further evidence of one or two of his crazy stories "corroborated" from another unrelated source that has made accurate forecasts in the past, and pre-warned me of things before I saw them show up in BF's writings. (I cannot say more.) So I continue to listen & read with interest, without any expectation that all of this bizarre-sounding "information" will prove accurate.

boiling-frog.jpg

Simon Black says:

"There are two ways to sleep well at night: Be ignorant, or be prepared."

In the last year or two, we have seen many strange things like: the Norwegian spiral, quakes combined with tsunamis, unusual floods and earthquakes in hitherto "safe" areas, chem trails - that make me think that something new is going on with our planet's weather. These wonders seem to be increasing and frequency, and I am not going to behave like a boiling frog. If you want to do that, it is your choice.

You are obviously wrong to say I believe everything. But it does highlight your approach:

Obviously not dear Dr. I haven't once said you believe everything. Although, now you have brought it up, implying you don't believe everything he says, it raises new questions.

For example, why do you believe some of the things he says, yet (or why) not believe the other things?

Furthermore, I haven't ever said reject everything either, I just stated that there is not one statement listed that has any element of tangible proof or evidence of.

Your response is that you have had these things corroborated by another source, but (conveniently) you cannot tell me that source.

Indeed, does it not sound more like you are saying, "you don't need to know, it's just true as I say it is, now move along, no more questions"?

Are you saying just believe, take my word for it, take in on “faith”? (Honest questions).

In the last year or two, we have seen many strange things like: the Norwegian spiral, quakes combined with tsunamis, unusual floods and earthquakes in hitherto "safe" areas, chem trails - that make me think that something new is going on with our planet's weather. These wonders seem to be increasing and frequency, and I am not going to behave like a boiling frog. If you want to do that, it is your choice.

The world has always had earthquakes and tsunamis (the vast majority of tsunamis are caused by quakes, didn't you know?) and volcanoes and hurricanes, sometimes they cluster sometimes they don’t. There have always been extreme weather events. The climate has also always had mini ice ages and mini heat waves. Romans grew grapes in Scotland, the Thames used to freeze and they held fairs on it.

Statistically there is nothing different about the present time. One big difference is that the reports of such things are more common due to modern communications and monitoring.

Tell you what, I will wager everything I own that the world does not end next year, will you take the opposite bet? :lol:

Have I got your mantra right?

I think the mantra is more along the lines of "Reject everything, unless accompanied by a large body of evidence. Independently verifiable and up to the usual rigorous scientific standards".

Often impractical, but qualitatively high.

Anyway, as I said already, I have had some further evidence of one or two of his crazy stories "corroborated" from another unrelated source that has made accurate forecasts in the past, and pre-warned me of things before I saw them show up in BF's writings. (I cannot say more.) So I continue to listen & read with interest, without any expectation that all of this bizarre-sounding "information" will prove accurate.

".. has made accurate forecasts in the past.." Surely the classic line from investment literature "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." applies?

Consider the phenomenon of Apophenia (less pretentiously, 'patternicity'), the mind's tendency to see patterns in random data.

This short video by Michael Shermer explains it succinctly

It's an answer phrased in the context a question on religion, but don't let that distract from the idea.

Obviously not dear Dr. I haven't once said you believe everything. Although, now you have brought it up, implying you don't believe everything he says, it raises new questions.

Actually, I don't "believe" any of it.

But I listen carefully to all of it.

And I am alert to how it may resonate with what I see in the rest of the world, and what I hear from others.

Listen to the 2011 Forecasts on Frisby's Bulls and Bears.

MP3 : http://www.podbean.com/podcast-download?b=2516&f=http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/mf/web/z2u3e6/drbubb20111.mp3

I believe that I was the only one talking about the possibility of important Earth changes coming in 2011.

The other parts of my forecast (such as a slide in stocks, led by China and Hong Kong), were reasonably accurate too -albeit that pattern occurred a little later than expected. Why did I talk about Earth changes? Because I had been listening to many people on alternative media who could see the pace of Earth changes accelerating, and had seen evidence to back up those forecasts. So I thought this was an important message to share.

I don't close my mind, and say: "Back it all up with science, and then maybe I will listen." I call it being "open minded."

JD:

"The world has always had earthquakes and tsunamis (the vast majority of tsunamis are caused by quakes, didn't you know?) and volcanoes and hurricanes, sometimes they cluster sometimes they don’t. There have always been extreme weather events. The climate has also always had mini ice ages and mini heat waves. Romans grew grapes in Scotland, the Thames used to freeze and they held fairs on it.

Statistically there is nothing different about the present time. One big difference is that the reports of such things are more common due to modern communications and monitoring."

"nothing different about the present time"

?? based on what ??

I think that is factually untrue. During the last year, we have see number of floods, tornados, and earthquake clusters that look like 100 year events, and the "statistical random" argument is getting blown away.

"Tell you what, I will wager everything I own that the world does not end next year, will you take the opposite bet?"

I am not betting on the End of the World either. But I do not think we are seeing "business as usual" on our planet. From the way you write and think, and probably the way you live - it certainly looks to me that you ARE BETTING on business as usual. You think that all the changes around us signal nothing. You sleep easy in that assumption.

JD:

"The world has always had earthquakes and tsunamis (the vast majority of tsunamis are caused by quakes, didn't you know?) and volcanoes and hurricanes, sometimes they cluster sometimes they don’t. There have always been extreme weather events. The climate has also always had mini ice ages and mini heat waves. Romans grew grapes in Scotland, the Thames used to freeze and they held fairs on it.

Statistically there is nothing different about the present time. One big difference is that the reports of such things are more common due to modern communications and monitoring."

?? based on what ??

I think that is factually untrue. During the last year, we have see number of floods, tornados, and earthquake clusters that look like 100 year events, and the "statistical random" argument is getting blown away.

I don't have the numbers to argue either case, so I'm staying out of that bit.

However, don't confuse the clustering that happens with truly random events for statistically significant. The problem with 100 year events is that they are rare and therefore sample size is too limited to draw statistically meaningful conclusions from them. The link below explains.

http://www.stevekass.com/2011/04/13/math-causes-most-disease-clusters/

You can do this experiment yourself. Generate a short series of random numbers (say 100), turn them into event type/event strength, plot them on a smallish grid, say 30x10 (to represent the world map/coordinate). It's very likely that a bunch of clusters will form. I've not done it myself, but I've seen it done. When I have more time, I'll give this a go in Excel - if you're interested.

If you find that interesting, read up on "the law of small numbers" (specifically, "Belief in the law of small numbers" Tversky/Kahnemann).

Actually, I don't "believe" any of it.

Well why didn’t you just say so?

You have just left another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but also of made up guff and nonsense. You've completed a journey into a wondrous land where imagination and testable hypothesis work together for the betterment of all, where fact really is stranger than fiction. You have just re-entered, the Reality Zone!

Welcome back Dr.B, for a while I thought we had lost you in the Twilight zone. :D

I don't close my mind, and say: "Back it all up with science, and then maybe I will listen." I call it being "open minded."

Nor do I, I said many times before, stay open minded, but never stop questioning, that's not the same. I think we have both misundertsood one anothers veiwpoint.

As for the 100 year events, by definition, they happen, on average, every 100 years!

Thus, that implies they have happened before, about every 100 years or so :D

Just after the Asian tsunami that killed 100’s of thousands, hurricane catrina came along, in a year with loads of dangerous hurricanes (they even went all the way through the alphabet naming them that year). Everyone was saying the world had changed and there would be more and more dangerous hurricanes every year.

Since then, there have been hardly any.

These are statistical clusters. It would need several years of events ever increasing in number and severity to be classed as anything different.

PS The bet on the end of the world was a bit tounge in cheek, as it was no lose bet for me :P

Just after the Asian tsunami that killed 100’s of thousands, hurricane catrina came along, in a year with loads of dangerous hurricanes (they even went all the way through the alphabet naming them that year). Everyone was saying the world had changed and there would be more and more dangerous hurricanes every year.

Since then, there have been hardly any.

These are statistical clusters. It would need several years of events ever increasing in number and severity to be classed as anything different.

PS The bet on the end of the world was a bit tounge in cheek, as it was no lose bet for me :P

Some writers say "NO" to this question:

Are there more earthquakes in our days? Is the end of the world here?

Take a look to these graphs, where the number of earthquakes, classified by number and per year, is depicted. It is clear and obvious that the frequence of quakes of magnitude over 7.0 stays pretty constant:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/graphs.php

But if you look at the MOST RECENT charts and data, it says something else:

+ The number of DEATHS from Earthquakes in 2010 (over 300,000 people lost their lives) was unusually high, the greatest since the data began in 1980,

+ The number of Richter 7.0 and higher quakes was higher than average in 2010, and is running higher still in 2011, and 2011 is not yet over.

I think you also need to take into consideration all the other "unusual" natural disasters that are hitting us. But earthquakes are the most important, since they account for about 60% of the deaths from natural causes.

Some writers say "NO" to this question:

Are there more earthquakes in our days? Is the end of the world here?

Take a look to these graphs, where the number of earthquakes, classified by number and per year, is depicted. It is clear and obvious that the frequence of quakes of magnitude over 7.0 stays pretty constant:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/graphs.php

But if you look at the MOST RECENT charts and data, it says something else:

+ The number of DEATHS from Earthquakes in 2010 (over 300,000 people lost their lives) was unusually high, the greatest since the data began in 1980,

+ The number of Richter 7.0 and higher quakes was higher than average in 2010, and is running higher still in 2011, and 2011 is not yet over.

I think you also need to take into consideration all the other "unusual" natural disasters that are hitting us. But earthquakes are the most important, since they account for about 60% of the deaths from natural causes.

Indeed some do, and many do not.

Earth might seem like a more active and dangerous place than ever, given the constant media reports of multiple natural disasters recently. But a broader view reveals that it's not Mother Nature who's changed, but we humans.

Drawn by undeveloped land and fertile soil, people are flocking to disaster-prone regions.

This creates a situation in which ordinary events like earthquakes and hurricanes become increasingly elevated to the level of natural disasters that reap heavy losses in human life and property.

http://www.livescience.com/414-scientists-natural-disasters-common.html

The hurricane data is typical of clusters, much like volcanoes and quakes.

If you look over historical data (100's of years, which is available from historic writings rather than scientific studies) you will indeed see that the number of deaths is increasing. However, when you compare this with the massive explosion in the number of humans populating the planet, there is no great increase in percentage terms.

As I said, statistically there is no change at present to the long term norm. If we have several years of events of increasing in number and severity, year on year, then that would be statistically relevant.

Another point to note is housing types and density (something you have been looking at previously).

Only in recent times have populations in places like Haiti lived all in one big city. Prior to that, on the whole, they were pretty much spread out.

Of course these latest horrible earthquakes don't even come close to the 1556 Chinese quake that killed >800,000 people

In todays population terms thats a several million killer! :(

And the latest Quake... just missing 7.0

A strong earthquake has shaken northeastern India and Nepal, killing at least 16 people and damaging buildings.

The quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.9, was felt across northeast India. It triggered at least two aftershocks of magnitude 6.1 and 5.3, Indian seismology official RS Dattatreyan said. He warned that more aftershocks were possible.

/see: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/18/earthquake-india-nepal

And the latest Quake... just missing 7.0

A strong earthquake has shaken northeastern India and Nepal, killing at least 16 people and damaging buildings.

The quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.9, was felt across northeast India. It triggered at least two aftershocks of magnitude 6.1 and 5.3, Indian seismology official RS Dattatreyan said. He warned that more aftershocks were possible.

/see: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/18/earthquake-india-nepal

Again, not so long ago, no one would even have known this quake happened, except maybe for a few goat herders or nomads.

Indeed, it's only recently that there are monitoring sites everywhere too.

Hope the toll doesn’t increase though. These things have a nasty habit of increasing toll hour by hour.

Again, not so long ago, no one would even have known this quake happened, except maybe for a few goat herders or nomads.

Indeed, it's only recently that there are monitoring sites everywhere too.

Hope the toll doesn’t increase though. These things have a nasty habit of increasing toll hour by hour.

The data only goes back to 1990.

Here are the data points from 2000

Year : 6-6.9 : 7-7.9 : 8&up : Deaths--

2000 : -158-: - 14 -: - 01 : 000,231

2001 : -126-: - 15 -: - 01 : 021,357

2002 : -130-: - 13 -: - 00 : 001,685

2003 : -140-: - 14 -: - 01 : 033,819

2004 : -141-: - 14 -: - 02 : 228,802

2005 : -140-: - 10 -: - 01 : 088,003

2006 : -142-: - 09 -: - 02 : 006,605

2007 : -178-: - 14 -: - 04 : 000,712

2008 : -168-: - 12 -: - 00 : 088,011

2009 :- 144-: - 16 -: - 01 : 001,790

2010 :- 151-: - 21 -: - 01 : 320,129

2011 :- 157-: - 16 -: - 01 : 020,679

More serious quakes (R-7.0 and above) show a clear increase

/source: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/graphs.php

The data only goes back to 1990.

Here are the data points from 2000

Year : 6-6.9 : 7-7.9 : 8&up : Deaths--

2000 : -158-: - 14 -: - 01 : 000,231

2001 : -126-: - 15 -: - 01 : 021,357

2002 : -130-: - 13 -: - 00 : 001,685

2003 : -140-: - 14 -: - 01 : 033,819

2004 : -141-: - 14 -: - 02 : 228,802

2005 : -140-: - 10 -: - 01 : 088,003

2006 : -142-: - 09 -: - 02 : 006,605

2007 : -178-: - 14 -: - 04 : 000,712

2008 : -168-: - 12 -: - 00 : 088,011

2009 :- 144-: - 16 -: - 01 : 001,790

2010 :- 151-: - 21 -: - 01 : 320,129

2011 :- 157-: - 16 -: - 01 : 020,679

More serious quakes (R-7.0 and above) show a clear increase

/source: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/graphs.php

Not really, just a bad year with 21 (also see 1990 had 18 (and 1995 and 1999) with 16 the next year).

So statistically speaking there is no variation there. (For example, there were 4 bigger ones in 2007, then only 1 over the next 2 years).

Big earthquakes, in particularly active areas, are also thought (by some researchers, with some success) to put stress on neighbouring faults, resulting in "earthquake storms" as they are known, causing more than the normal number over a certain time period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_storm

Of course, 20 years on a geological scale is nothing and isn't nearly enough to draw any conclusions (as can be seen from those figures).

More historical data (not probably as in depth sources mind) can be found here.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/most_destructive.php

historical data (not probably as in depth sources mind) can be found here.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/most_destructive.php

This shows: More earthquake fatalities in the last decade than in any prior decade, going way, way back

Sure, part of this is due to the greater population now, but the population is not so much higher than:

+ 1990-1999, or

+ 1980-1989

Not really, just a bad year with 21 (also see 1990 had 18 (and 1995 and 1999) with 16 the next year).

"just a bad year" was what they said last year with 21.

But now we see 2011 is less than 3/4's done, and we already see 16 quakes of R 7-7.9.

Let's see what the final quake tally is for THIS year.

2009 was a bad year (worst since 2000 and longer) with 16 such quakes.

So statistically speaking there is no variation there.

Agreed. Statistically speaking there is absolutely nothing significantly different about earthquake activity this year.

Any attempt to make a case for Earth Changes from this data therefore fails completely.

Statistically speaking deaths would also be irrelevant to this arguement.

Agreed. Statistically speaking there is absolutely nothing significantly different about earthquake activity this year.

Any attempt to make a case for Earth Changes from this data therefore fails completely.

Statistically speaking deaths would also be irrelevant to this arguement.

You guys are both wrong, of course.

The last three years has clearly broken out of the long term range - isn't that obvious?

For it to prove statistically insignificant, it would need to return to the old range.

I am not a statistician, but my partner has a Phd from Oxford, and did tons of statistical work, and I can ask her to look at it. My common sense tells me that we do not have enough years of data to draw strong inferences from the data, but a new trend may well have established itself since 2009. (especially if we take 2011 at an annualised rate of 22-23 - so 2009 was the "breakout year" and 2010 and 2011 are bring strong quakes into a new higher range.)