The Breakthrough - Human thinking is changing

Yeah, Right.

We cannot trust infowars on this report.

They must have hired an actor to lie about how the Feds funded this operation.

Susan Lindauer must be lying too, since she is on the same page of this thread

Sorry Doctor, I was actually being an ironic smartass again :D

Since I saw the report "Nerds are the Biggest Danger in America" (in my post above) I have written off InfoWars as a crank site, although I confess I still laugh long and loud over it!

View the report if you're ever feeling down, it's a right hoot.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Doctor, I was actually being an ironic smartass again :D

Since I saw the report "Nerds are the Biggest Danger in America" (in my post above) I have written off InfoWars as a crank site, although I confess I still laugh long and loud over it!

View the report if you're ever feeling down, it's a right hoot.

Alex Jones generates his fair share of comedy. Sometimes unintentionally, no doubt.

The Breakthrough - Human thinking is changing

The Source Field - A New way of seeing / seeking the Truth

==============================================

The Source Field Investigations:

The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies [Hardcover]

(now a NY Times Bestseller: #18 )

The Book's position was Hanging up in Top 200, until the latest week...

NYT Hard Cover Best-Seller list

Position of Wilcock's "The Source Field Investigations" (SFI)

2011-10-02 : Fell off

2011-09-25 : #18

2011-09-18 : #16

2011-09-11 : #18

COMMENT from an open-minded skeptic:

I've always been interested in what David Wilcock has to say, but as to whether or not he and his information is genuine, I am on the fence and will remain on the fence (at least until I give his book a good read).

Of course, everyone is going to come here spouting off "WiLcoX SAID disclosure was HAppeniN in NOvvember 2009 and iT didN'T HaPeNNN!!!!! He iz da HOAXXXXER!!!!!"

And although that event certainly doesn't add to his credibility, I don't think it writes him off as a hoaxer/charlatan either.

It does, however, underline the key problem I have with David: his trust, reliance, and interest in so-called "whistle-blowers", a la Project Camelot. Anybody who relies on such whistleblowers to relay any kind of information, under the label of "fact", is setting themselves up for failure. Plain and simple.

Besides that, I think Wilcock is very intelligent and a genuinely spiritual guy- He just tries too hard and goes too far to try and get attention to his ideas. If he hadn't of cried wolf for disclosure, many people who have written him off would still be taking him seriously (although, of course there are the people who have never taken him seriously who wouldn't change their opinion at all :lol. If he hadn't spouted off he was Edgar Cayce reincarnated, I'm sure he would be about 20 times as popular as he is now.

I think the main issue here is that Wilcock lets his own personal beliefs and biases get in the way of his research and presentations- A vice that many other researches and presenters have gone to great lengths to avoid displaying.

Some of his work has been truly mind-blowin: I read the article he wrote on all the different patches and insignias of government/military space programs... and it really did blow my mind at how smart and true he put his information together.

He has done a TON of research on all kinds of phenomena- enough to get himself some serious air time on "Ancient Aliens". He also has a keen knack for digging out scientific studies and findings that go generally un-noticed by mainstream science, but are very interesting and relevant none-the-less (i.e., the research Wiclock found done by Russian Scientists that describe how people's emotions psychology completely change when they sit in a pyramid).

Some of the science could definitely (and already is, has been, and will be) labeled off as fringe-science or just fake altogether. But it's not Wilcock doing the research- he is just presenting what others have done.

Will I buy his book- Definitely.

/see: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread688163/pg1

Aware of this risk, I bought extra food over the weekend...

"Highly Speculative"? Maybe.

But given the next "expected big quake" day is tomorrow, I thought why not post this here:

...and that has proven to be a good thing.

Hong Kong shuts down in T8 Signal

WE experienced "Earth changes" up close and personally last night.

You may have heard of the Typhoon in the Philippines : News.

It arose shortly after severe Coronal Mass ejections at the beginning of the week.

(I reckon there must be a connection, though the weather forecasters may not acknowledge so.)

The remnants of that storm passed through Hong Kong last night, and strong winds were blowing all night, making it almost impossible to sleep. The 42 story building under construction next to us was not fully prepared for such a storm, and we have heard things flapping in the wind all night. In fact, this is still going on as I write this. (This has been the worst storm of the year, and maybe the strongest winds we have experienced since we moved in here.)

I shall jog around it later this morning, and see what damage I can observe.

The City is mostly shut down today:

Schools are closed, buses are not running, restaurants and shops are shut.

It may clear up later, but I am happy I took the precaution a few days ago to load up on dried food.

=== === ===

HKtyphoon.jpg

(My flat is not far from the tall building at the center of the photo.)

Hong Kong Closes Stock Market as Typhoon Passes

By Fion Li and Stephanie Tong - Sep 28, 2011

Victoria Harbour is seen during a Typhoon 8 Signal Warning as Typhoon Nesat passes close to Hong Kong. Photographer: Ed Jones/AFP/Getty Images

Hong Kong shut financial markets, schools, courts and government offices, raising its highest storm signal in two years as Typhoon Nesat brought gale-force winds and rain into the city.

The typhoon, which killed at least 20 people in the Philippines, was centered about 350 kilometers (217 miles) south-southwest of Hong Kong, and is heading toward China’s Hainan Island, the city’s observatory said. The No. 8 gale signal will remain for most of the day, it said.

“It’s deadly quiet outside, like a dark, wet, ghost town,” said Gavin Parry, managing director of Parry International Trading Ltd., an equity trader, in Hong Kong. “There are few mini buses, no public buses and taxis are trawling for passengers to pay an extra HK$100 fare given the typhoon.”

Gale winds swept the city, home to the world’s fifth- biggest equity market, with trees collapsing, scaffolding falling off buildings and a vessel crashing against a pier. All bus, ferry and trams services are suspended, and the Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. canceled the morning trading session.

“Nesat is closest to Hong Kong now,” the observatory said in its statement at 9:45 a.m. local time. “Gale winds are expected to persist over Hong Kong.”

/more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-28/hong-kong-typhoon-8-signal-raised-trading-halted.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIo2SFUjjuA

The Great Year is a compelling documentary that explores the possibility that the fall of ancient civilizations around the globe, and the rise of modern civilization, might be related to our Sun's motion around a companion star. The film examines evidence that ancient civilizations may have known of this celestial cycle and that our Sun may indeed display the characteristics of binary motion.

Narrator : James Earl Jones

This is a serious film from serious people. Below is the producer

Walter Cruttenden, 60, is a financial markets entrepreneur having founded and served

as CEO of two innovative investment banking and brokerage firms; Cruttenden Roth

(now Roth Capital, one of the largest providers of equity capital to emerging growth

businesses), and E*Offering, formerly part of E*Trade Securities. Cruttenden is also an author of books and films on history and astronomy.

Thanks for that response. Even if we do not agree.

My opinion is that: Science has plenty to learn from future Research. Even in my own life, I have seen what is considered scientifically accurate evolve and change.

Wilcock has done loads of research for his book, and he quotes many scientists - Though I will agree that many of them are not mainstream western scientists. The researchers that he does quote often come from places like Russia. But isn't that a good place to explore "outside the box" thinking?

Why not cite one and two examples of Wilcock's ideas, and where you think he has it wrong? His overall thesis is miles away from Mainstream science, but that alone doesn't make it wrong.

I haven't read the book yet, but from what I have seen in videos and his writings:

Wilcock's Achievement is that he has managed to back-up the realisations from his Law-Of-One spiritual work with scientific references.

His overall conclusion that the Universe-is-A-Hologram is supported by respected scientists like David Bohm*. Personally, I find it rings true to me, that each of us has a piece of "God's consciousness", and if we are spiritually developed enough, we can gain access to greater wisdom. That fits in well with the notions of people like CG Jung, who spoke of of a collective unconscious**- ie each of us has access to a bigger mind through our intuition.

Most mainstream scientists become obsessed with tiny prices of the bigger picture, and due to their conservatism find it tough to see the bigger picture.

==== ==== ====

holo.jpg

/source: http://drjoesholograph.blogspot.com/

*The holonomic brain theory, originated by psychologist Karl Pribram and initially developed in collaboration with physicist David Bohm, is a model for human cognition that is drastically different from conventionally accepted ideas : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holonomic_brain_theory

**Collective unconscious is a term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung. It is proposed to be a part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems, and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience. Jung distinguished the collective unconscious from the personal unconscious, in that the personal unconscious is a personal reservoir of experience unique to each individual, while the collective unconscious collects and organizes those personal experiences in a similar way with each member of a particular species. :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious

Where to start? I admit I haven't looked at the videos / links because, from the tone and texture of the intro to them, I know they are nonsense.

The fact is this 'source field' is nothing more, nor less, than the quantum field we are all a part of. We each build our own version of reality, using our senses and our learned experiences. Challenging our normal perception of reality is not new or original in any way - people have been doing it for thousands of years.

What's funny is that not many people ever seem to find the time to stop and think about our human condition - and, by thinking, coming to any sort of realisation of the true nature of our reality.

All you need to do is find the time - and the determination - to meditate. It's not rocket science, it's not new age - but it takes a lot of time and persistence to get anywhere. Most people are too busy paying the mortgage.

The bloke referred to is just someone else who is 'on the way' - but I guess his ego has made him spread the word and try to appear clever.

Where to start? I admit I haven't looked at the videos / links because, from the tone and texture of the intro to them, I know they are nonsense.

The fact is this 'source field' is nothing more, nor less, than the quantum field we are all a part of....

Typical classic CLOSE MINDED comment:

"I admit I haven't looked at the videos / links because,... I know they are nonsense"

I think you should be embarrassed posting such a comment on GEI.

"I admit I haven't looked at the videos / links because,... I know they are nonsense"

And did you actually read the rest of BaB's post?

I might be reading it wrong, but to me, it looks to be right up there alongside your (non-science or philosophical) line of thinking.

I have looked at the videos / links and can confirm that they are total nonsense.
:D

I have looked at the videos / links and can confirm that they are total nonsense.

"Look at" for about 10 seconds or so ?

"Understood"? "Read Wilcock's book"? I think not.

(I wonder sometimes why I bother sharing my trading ideas with people who are close-minded, and have so little to share with others? I think when I sort out the hosting issues here, I will move towards and new Subscribed Members section, and move the GEI Trading thread there. Let's first see if there is any audience for it.)

Here's another thought-provoking video, by the best-selling writer Graham Hancock:

(A similar battle here to the one on the Silver thread?

It does feel it bit like that sometimes...)

Battling for Ego or "for Light" ? (haha)

WELCOME TO BATTLE OF THE EGOS

TONIGHT'S MAIN EVENT

Actually, I do not understand why you do not analyse what is happening here...

WORTH FIGHTING FOR?:

I am suggesting Options and TA are useful tools and have been demonstrating how to use them

Pixel keeps coming on, and saying things like:

+ You are missing this big risk : etf's aren't physicals

+ "I don't give a stuff" (that your options & TA techniques are working)

It is not about ego - it is about trying to get across to someone who is very close-minded, the value of the information I provide freely here. (I thought a real-life demonstration over many weeks and months, might be enough to show that options and technical analysis of great value in trading and investing.)

In fact, the close-mindedness of a few who post on this website is really starting to get to me.

Not only are some people coming here with very fixed ideas, but they somehow feel duty-bound to rubbish the useful information which is freely provided here, at the expense of time and (some) money. I really wonder why I bother at all ?!

What is being battled here is the "Buy and Hold is best - & everything else dangerous" mentality. But frankly, those who understand and use these techniques, or have learned them here, never seem to jump up and defend them against the attacks from Pixel et al. They leave it to me. Instead of just ignoring them, or telling Pixel etc to shove off, I try and defend them using the very real track record that has been built up here now.

What's wrong with that? (It puzzles me that so few others not take up what - to me - is very clearly the DEFENSE of self-empowerment against the force of ignorance, reaction, and lets-stay-in-the-darkness?)

Haha- (I am aware that I am baiting some - but there's a genuine frustration too.)

(A similar battle here to the one on the Silver thread?

It does feel it bit like that sometimes...)

Battling for Ego or "for Light" ? (haha)

Actually, I do not understand why you do not analyse what is happening here...

WORTH FIGHTING FOR?:

I am suggesting Options and TA are useful tools and have been demonstrating how to use them

Pixel keeps coming on, and saying things like:

+ You are missing this big risk : etf's aren't physicals

+ "I don't give a stuff" (that your options & TA techniques are working)

It is not about ego - it is about trying to get across to someone who is very close-minded, the value of the information I provide freely here. (I thought a real-life demonstration over many weeks and months, might be enough to show that options and technical analysis of great value in trading and investing.)

In fact, the close-mindedness of a few who post on this website is really starting to get to me.

Not only are some people coming here with very fixed ideas, but they somehow feel duty-bound to rubbish the useful information which is freely provided here, at the expense of time and (some) money. I really wonder why I bother at all ?!

What is being battled here is the "Buy and Hold is best - & everything else dangerous" mentality. But frankly, those who understand and use these techniques, or have learned them here, never seem to jump up and defend them against the attacks from Pixel et al. They leave it to me. Instead of just ignoring them, or telling Pixel etc to shove off, I try and defend them using the very real track record that has been built up here now.

What's wrong with that? (It puzzles me that so few others not take up what - to me - is very clearly the side of self-empowerment against the force of ignorance, reaction, and lets-stay-in-the-darkness?)

Haha- (I am aware that I am baiting some - but there's a genuine frustration too.)

I've made a few quid using TA, some of which I have learnt here (thanks very much to all those that have contributed).

I've also outlined why I think it has a place too (i.e. if enough traders follow it, it can become self fulfilling).

That's not the same as believing it always works, or that space aliens ate my hamster or that Elvis is living in a DUMB :lol:

I think your frustration with those that dismiss the techniques you describe (doubtless learnt through years of studying your chosen field of expertise), is probably similar to that felt by some of those that try to explain the difference between scientific and philosophical (and sometimes downright crazy) explanations of phenomena described in many threads here.

These people also use techniques that they have learnt over many years of studying their chosen field of expertise (e.g the scientific method and statistical techniques), just to have them dismissed and rubbished by laymen that have read a couple of books written by self publicising charlatans.

Know what I mean? :rolleyes: People who live in glass houses...... ;)

Know what I mean? :rolleyes: People who live in glass houses...... ;)

If I "live in a Glass house", it is only so the I can have transparency, so that I can see what is going on around me.

My comment was not about Battling other points of view, it was about Battling close-minded-ness. And those who come here thinking "Science-is-like -God / How dare you question God?" also have a problem with close-minded-ness.

Hence your post is full of unintended irony.

Hasn't the recent (apparent) discovery that The Speed of Light can be exceeded taught you anything about being close-minded ?

(By the time of Post #429) : How much progress here?

progress3.jpg

Won't John Doe be surprised if the next step in Evolution turns humans into "Light Beings" ?

Or maybe "Beyond Speed-of-Light Beings"?

If I "live in a Glass house", it is only so the I can have transparency, so that I can see what is going on around me.

My comment was not about Battling other points of view, it was about Battling close-minded-ness. And those who come here thinking "Science-is-like -God / How dare you question God?" also have a problem with close-minded-ness.

Hence your post is full of unintended irony.

Obviously not that unintended :lol:

"Science-is-like -God / How dare you question God?"

What are you on (abaout)? Talk about missing the point.

You really can't be reading my posts at all if that is what you think.

So, I say again

Keep an open mind, but never stop questioning, never just take someone’s word for it and keep demanding evidence

Hasn't the recent (apparent) discovery that The Speed of Light can be exceeded taught you anything about being close-minded ?

As for the exceeding of the speed of light question, again I say....

Real science does not claim to have all the answers, nor does it have "beliefs".

When evidence and observations show a contradiction in a belief, the believers fight it.

When the same happens in science, the scientists embrace it.

Haven't you seen the excitment in the scientific community, just at the slim possibility that this may be real? Or has someone painted your greenhouse black to protect the fragile little things inside from "the light" :rolleyes:

Yet you still keep coming back accusing me (and others) of being close minded :blink:

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that in fact it is you with the close mind,

• closed to reality

• closed to the FACT that others know more about certain subjects than you

• closed to the FACT that science NEVER stops questioning

Either that, or you are, to put it in your words

I am aware that I am baiting some

Please Dr B, read the posts properly, with an open mind and not the preconceptions that you appear to have.

You will find that there is actually more agreement than you currently think.

I think it is becoming increasingly clear that in fact it is you with the close mind,

• closed to reality

• closed to the FACT that others know more about certain subjects than you

• closed to the FACT that science NEVER stops questioning

JD,

I give up with you. You simply do not have an open mind to any ideas that do not fit

within your scientific paradygm. You are so sure of yourself, that you and your scared

"scientific method" can tell you what is reality, I am pretty certain a larger reality

will one day jump up and bite you in the arse. You can live in the world like that if

you like - but I choose not to limit myself in that way.

Like an option, the scientific method is a mere tool, it does not constrain or limit

my imagination about what might exist in the greater (& more interesting) real world.

JD,

I give up with you. You simply do not have an open mind to any ideas that do not fit

within your scientific paradygm. You are so sure of yourself, that you and your scared

"scientific method" can tell you what is reality, I am pretty certain a larger reality

will one day jump up and bite you in the arse. You can live in the world like that if

you like - but I choose not to limit myself in that way.

Like an option, the scientific method is a mere tool, it does not constrain or limit

my imagination about what might exist in the greater (& more interesting) real world.

Again, you are STILL not reading my posts and are STILL missing the point.

So perhaps if I put it in capitals

ALWAYS KEEP AN OPEN MIND, BUT NEVER STOP QUESTIONING

How can any part of that be called closed minded? :blink:

I hope each day that something new (like a new reality) will appear, so that we can learn about it.

ALWAYS KEEP AN OPEN MIND, BUT NEVER STOP QUESTIONING

How can any part of that be called closed minded? :blink:

I hope each day that something new (like a new reality) will appear, so that we can learn about it.

You say that, but reject every interesting idea on this thread, saying:

"It isn't scientific enough for me," and you mostly do that without bothering to examine the idea in any detail and consider it from another perspective.

So you TELL me you are open-minded, but do nothing but present evidence to the contrary. This is why I give up on you: You may fool yourself about being open-minded, but you do not fool me.

You say that, but reject every interesting idea on this thread, saying:

"It isn't scientific enough for me," and you mostly do that without bothering to examine the idea in any detail and consider it from another perspective.

So you TELL me you are open-minded, but do nothing but present evidence to the contrary. This is why I give up on you: You may fool yourself about being open-minded, but you do not fool me.

How you can say this when I have on several occasions now pointed out that I relish the thought that Einstein may be superseded is beyond comprehension.

One of the cornerstones of modern physics, and I am happy to accept that it might (just might) be wrong, yet you ask me for evidence that I am not close minded!

:lol: It appears you are fooling yourself.

Read my posts properly, otherwise there is really no point continuing this discussion.

There is a difference between an open mind and a 'I'll fall for any old baloney that someone wants to spout' mind.

I didn't look at the videos / links because I read this ...

"Based on a hugely popular Internet documentary, this exploration of historic signs and symbolism determines what the future holds for humanity come 2012." ... hmmmm, sounds like typical new-age, old-age, semi mystical nonsense spouted by people who have no real understanding of quantum reality.

"If you believe there is no special significance to the year 2012, then prepare yourself for a guided tour through the most incredible scientific mysteries in the modern world, which may be the rediscovery of an ancient system of physics and spirituality that was once widely used and understood, but has since crumbled almost completely into ruin." -The Source Field Investigations ... ohhh please - it's just gibberish.

My mind is far from closed. I ponder a lot on the true nature of our existence and of reality. It doesn't cause me to start spouting nonsense about symbols - dreamt up by people with feeble minds who are as far from understanding anything as your average religious devotee. And, apart from responding to this thread, I keep my thoughts to myself - because most people are not the slightest bit interested and you, for want of a better phrase, 'look for the path' when you are ready.

There is no change in human thinking about to happen. No more than it has for the last 10,000 years. Some people progress - mentally and spiritually - most don't. Enlightenment is available to all - if you want it. Most people don't.

"Look at" for about 10 seconds or so ?

"Understood"? "Read Wilcock's book"? I think not.

(I wonder sometimes why I bother sharing my trading ideas with people who are close-minded, and have so little to share with others? I think when I sort out the hosting issues here, I will move towards and new Subscribed Members section, and move the GEI Trading thread there. Let's first see if there is any audience for it.)

Here's another thought-provoking video, by the best-selling writer Graham Hancock:

People who say that those links you posted are baloney are not, necessarily, closed minded. It may be that they are very open minded and can see that what is being propounded is just a load of new-age, psycho babble mumbo-jumbo. I certainly think that - yet I regularly meditate and take a 'close minded' trip down into quantum reality - beneath the world of cells - and molecules and atoms - into the void - where there is only darkness and the energy/intelligence that is the source of creation. (Now look, you've got me at it!) But this is a private world - in that it is a private experience - I don't have the words to explain it. What I can say is ... I haven't come across any symbols there that need to be shared.

I can't see what this has to do with sharing, or not sharing, trading ideas with people who scoff at the nonsense spouted in the links you posted. Trust me, they really are complete baloney.

I can't see what this has to do with sharing, or not sharing, trading ideas with people who scoff at the nonsense spouted in the links you posted. Trust me, they really are complete baloney.

BAB,

Excuse me, but why should I trust you more than Graham Hancock or David Wilcock ?

In fact, I don't "trust" any one of you. I do listen to many of these videos and keep an open mind about what you so happily call "baloney," but that doesn't mean the I will bet my life on any of it.

I certainly take the same approach : listening, but not trusting, much of the information that comes my way on mainstream media. I keep and open, but questioning mind towards all of it - including probably much of what you Trust in.

Do you trust in the Federal Reserve, or the promises of government? I think not, and skepticism has grown across society, since these institutions have not delivered. Do you trust in the Gold Gurus and Buy-to-Hold Wizards? Some here do trust the Gold guys, because doing so makes them feel better about their Gold portfolios. I do not, and regularly question their wisdom, and hedge what many here think does not need hedging.

What makes you think I am so gullible towards alternative media, when I am so cautious to trust experts, authorities, and self-proclaimed gold gurus? I assure you, I am not trusting they purveyors of what you call "baloney," But i do listen with an open mind. Even to people like Jim Sinclair and Bill Murphy. The questioning comes after the listening. And no one here has yet given a single example of an item from Wilcock's book that they reckon they can disprove, and we are many, many posts into this thread.

I quite like some of these kinds of youtube videos. I think there are enough verifiable ancient oddities present around the world that are not easy to reconcile with the orthodox view of mankinds societal and technological development. Some can be very interesting as ideas, but far too many try to cloak themselves in the "respectability" of science by claiming scientific proof that simply does not exist.

That video earlier about RH- genes??? It kicked off with the caption "If man evolved from apes, how come there are still apes around today?" Really, how can you take anything from that point seriously? The conventional theory is that man shares a closer common ancestor with apes than with other living creatures, not that humans are descended from modern Chimapnzees !

And no one here has yet given a single example of an item from Wilcock's book that they reckon they can disprove, and we are many, many posts into this thread.

But Dr B, your still missing the point, that's not our job.

We are not the ones asking people to believe this stuff (and buy his book).

As you know, it is impossible to disprove almost anything, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. For example, you cannot prove that there isn't an eight legged spaghetti monster living on the far side of Jupiter.

The onus is on the person trying to put forward the theories that they are calling scientific.

Surely with your "open mind" and living in your greenhouse , you can see this?

Talking of evidence, I also note you appear to have, conveniently, avoided the post I made earlier in response to you accusing me of having a closed mind and then of not offering any evidence to the contrary.

Just in case you missed it, I repeat it here

How you can say this when I have on several occasions now pointed out that I relish the thought that Einstein may be superseded is beyond comprehension.

One of the cornerstones of modern physics, and I am happy to accept that it might (just might) be wrong, yet you ask me for evidence that I am not close minded!

Or are you the one that chooses not to see evidence when it doesn't fit with your view perhaps? :rolleyes: