Sign in to follow this  
drbubb

Kroma Private Discussion - for KTO Group

CIRCUIT BREAKER Issue - Only 40 Amp, while 5o may be normal

TD_TS_l.jpg

> source: https://sea.omega.com/ph/pptst/TD_TS.html

Q: Induction range: "Ansons told me the rating required for the range they are selling is 50A.

And the circuit breaker in the Kroma specs is only 20A.  What to do?"

A: "You need to ask Alveo to upgrade your breaker. Also look for a stove that is not more than 40A.

That is what Alveo will install."

A2: "I installed a 15amp slide-in range. But you cannot use the cooking element & oven at the same time"

===

Compensation: FREE ROOMS at Seda?

about001.2.jpg

This was posted on the Viber chat for the KT Owners Group:

"Maybe we should ask for Free rooms at the Seda Hotel, Citygate,

since ALI is shifting workers there, and away from Kroma - it would seem."

Not entirely a joke!

I SAT IN THE KROMA LOBBY TODAY

And I'll be back... to get some petitions signed maybe

xQ4O16v.jpg

I was in the Kroma lobby today for over 30 minutes, and met two neighbors there. (D. & T.)
Both had moved in already.  They were sympathetic about the delays, but not fully sharing the deeper concern
of those who have not yet been given a turnover of their units.

+ The lawyer (T.) told an interesting story about how he had objected to the design of the window AC unit in his bedroom.
In fact, he found the design for 2BR bedroom AC's very unsatisfactory, dangerous (for healthy reasons), and a nuisance.
It seems he started a court case, found an engineering expert, and was able to confirm problems with the design.
After several lawyers' letters, and some contacts with government departments, he was able to get Ayala to change the design.
The AC will now sit outside the unit, instead of inside.

+ There remains a problem with the revised design, and that is the outside box is too small and does not permit air circulation.
T's solution was to get Ayala to install an vented fan that will push the hot air out of the AC support box.  This will not
be installed automatically, and the buyer must ask for it.

They asked me my plan. I said that I wanted to sit in the Kroma lobby from time o time, and talk to owners about the delay.
Ultimately, I may draft two Petitions, one for those who have already moved in and have concerns about the delays in things
like completion of all the lifts and the amenities.  And a second petition for the "unfavored few' on higher floors, who have
not been able to move in yet.

The lawyer thought I need to cooperate mainly with this who have the same concerns (the Top floor people),  I agreed,
but I do not want to neglect the concerns of those who have moved in

LAUNDRY ROOM Issues

+ Venting for the drier seems to be an issue in some flats.
The concern is that hot and moist air is not getting sucked out of the flat.
Instead, it might cause damage to the range hood, if the same venting is used.
I am trying to get a grip on what solutions people have come up with

+ Other people are saying there are issues with the electric outlet for the washing machine area.

It was not working properly, and needed to be replaced. Else washing machine would not plug in properly.

Solution seemed to be simple: get a dual outlet from the hardware store

WHITE CURTAINS
One of the Kroma owners was reminding others that they needed to have an external curtain in white

so that from the outside the curtains look white, rather than some darker color

Post re: THE BREAKER Issue, etc

After a 3-month wait and endless follow-up, they have upgraded my main breaker from 60A to 70A.  This is part of the range circuit upgrade which they did in October.  The previous plan was to upgrade it to 80A.  It seems that they avoided need to replace the main line with a bigger wire.  However, they did not upgrade the breaker at the common electrical room which remains at 60A.  No one could confirm if they will upgrade it.  Essentially, 1BR unit's total available capacity remains at 60A.

(Post, re; Upper Floors):

Btw, back to Kroma... Hahaha!!! Went around early this morning. I sneaked into ‘R’, Level 56, or where the Enterprise Lounge is. Nothing there. All base concrete. But similar arrangement in the 8th Level, there’s like a gate separating the residential units.

(Post, Worker commitment):

Workers get there as early as 7am. I guess there are 2 shifts. As  some workers go home at 10pm. But the number of workers in kT is nothing compared to AFT. Installing glass exteriors already in AFT. Our exterior has not progressed a bit since my turnover in August 1. My glass windows are so dirty now.

ALVEO WALLS. Cost & Corner cutting - comments (per viber chat)

Bathroom walls hallow. Lerato kroma sequoia all the same.... Probably High Street South also,,,

It’s gross when water leaks from the shower area of your neighbor and it’s going right to yours

Need to be vigilant when evaluating Ayala Land projects for purchase or turnover. The newer/more recent the project, the more to be wary.

Ayala has been cutting corners more and more in order to meet financial KPIs. Doesn't matter whether it's Premier, Alveo or Amaia -- all are affected

No. Just anticipating in the future. I don’t trust those macrowall things. Again: Concrete is concrete. Fake is fake.

Yes. I see that the new Premier project beside Glorietta (Garden Towers) has windows similar to Kroma. Very small ones.

Ke3YjdT.gif

KROMA BUYER, for 20 units!

There is a message going around... A broker is aiming to Buy 20 units in Kroma on behalf of a client

My follow-up message on the social media chatboard:

"The 20 unit buyer is willing to pay 180-190k psm it seems. 

Here's what I want to know: Is it a foreign Buyer, or a Local?  If Foreign, it is too low.  At The Rise, foreign owned units, which foreigners can buy, are worth about a 10% premium.  I can find a few units in the Rise (owned by foreigners) at under P5M, net to Seller."

That P5000M at the Rise is: 5000M/ 28= P179k psm, but selling costs (& 5-10% EOC) will take it up to P200k+ probably

Was with a new owner about to take turnover. He/she saw their unit and mine. 

Initial reactions seemed to be positive.  We both like our balconies... Me, more than expected. 

Makati's LEGASPI VILLAGE at Dawn. 180 degrees from high floor at Kroma

jrJDHH7.jpg

#1 starts from Shang Grand

Juo2E7x.jpg

#2:

nJMkT81.jpg

#3: That is Grand Midori, standing in front of Kroma Tower, on Legaspi St.

mMvtHuw.jpg

#4:

QUozgkl.jpg

#5: At the right is... Exportbank Plaza, in the area I call "Little China"

The high floor views are exceptional, btw.  just hope we dont have noise problems, thanks to thin walls.

Those tricky WINDOW Treatments - thanks to beams

Suggestions

Here is one solution to this.  Install your blinds/curtains along the red line. 

image.png

Then cover the upper part with carpentry work.  see image

/ 2 /

installing blinds or curtain might be a challenge for the master br. Window too close to cabinet. Sliding door might be a solution as you earlier suggested. Have you received your unit ?

A: Not yet. But I saw pics from (a similar unit) and I think It’s going to be a headache to install those fixtures.

+ the area where to install is already a problem. It’s too thin.

+ Yes this is a problem.  Very huge beams .  I think the cabinet changed to sliding door. Alveo is using 01 as office but they do not have beds in the room to notice the problems

+ You know what. I just wonder if the architect did site visits in our building as these should have been seen and resolved. Most of the problems we are finding are architectural deficiencies  that should have been cleared/remediated on-site by the architect with the contractor.

+ Lets all call Aidea Philippines Inc. and tell them (how we feel about) Kroma

+ Alveos work would exceed expectations if they were mass or affordable housing developers.  But for upscale branding... quite off. I was shopping for induction type range and so far all needs at least 50amp. Alveo originally installed 20 then upgraded to 40.

+ ("Maybe young and inexperience archi or designers.")

Not an excuse to notice these small but big issues. As an architect I should be meticulous on my work and small issues like that is simple and noticeable. An architectural firm always has  a veteran lead that looks over the young guns and they should be accountable for stupid mistakes like these.

MORE on Beams, Windows, AC's

+ speaking of beams....not sure why developers in most 3rd world country are so hang up with post and beam design. In most european and North American countries we all use slab bands (no beams) then we don't get these ugly drops that the mechanical/electrical contractors hate because they cannot run their services straight.

+ a good example of Alveo "oops" that they have been quietly been fixing upon unit owner's request is the big threshold gap on 1 bedrm units that has a split-type/ window type AC. They did not put proper weather strip on the small door and some of the guys/gals here complained about it and Alveo fixed it. This window/beam problem should be the same thing.

+ Another thing the alveo guy in the office said was to install the A/C condenser very very near the louvres.  If you don't, some hot air will find their way back into your room.  He showed how it was done in the 18th floor office

+ Wow!! I’m really amazed on these people. What a solution. Do it if you want your condenser to be ‘nearer’ to sunlight & more exposed to rain. Eric, those guys who installed my Panasonic split-type a/c installed something near the condenser that kind of deflects the heat to go out of the louvre. Sorry I forgot the term. It works.

==

image.png

Installing blinds or curtain might be a challenge for the master br. Window too close to cabinet. Sliding door might be a solution as you earlier suggested.

+ Just the area where to install is already a problem. It’s too thin.

+ I just wonder if the architect did site visits in our building as these should have been seen and resolved. Most of the problems we are finding are architectural deficiencies  that should have been cleared/remediated on-site by the architect with the contractor.

image.png

For people with curtain installation. Issues can you not just install the blinds that fit like the above that are snug with the frame

If this needs 3/4th of an inch to mount , this may even work for the window with awkward beam

image.png

image.png

I guess blinds that fit within the window frame might work

"How much did you spend on the blinds?"

I think 21000 peso

TRANSACTION SUMMARY - based on reports & the KT owners chat, etc

+ 1 BR (above 30th floor) sold at just over P11.5 Million = P220K psm (all-in)

+ 1 BR, maybe several being sought by a “bulk buyer”, whose agent has offered one seller P190k psm

+ Seller of a high-20’s 1Br unit made listing (on Property 59 website) 59 sqm at P 179k, = P 10.56 Million
… reportedly got a quick verbal offer at P11 million = P 186k psm

RENTAL Decision:
1 BR’s are getting 50-55k Psm, which is like P10k less than Fully furnished.

+ if owner spends P400k on the fit-out , that investment gets recovered one a Longish 40 months
+ but some agents are saying the Corporates who rent Bare units may put in bunk beds, so there could actually
Be MORE wear and tear,

2BR - #2 Unit

1: SSxsiWd.gif

2: Uw6bI2N.gif

3: pvtl6Xf.gif

4: ajw8vOU.gif

5:

6:

7:

VORTEX WATER HEATER

cc

/ the small one suitable for the small area under the sink costs just under P8,000.  Walter at Ace sells it, and will come on his motorcycle a day or two later & install it (for free, but I gave him P100).  He will need a gate pass approval from Admin to get in.  It cost me an extra P1000 to get some faucets added.  WALTER JOROLAN / Globe: 099554038940 / Smart 09199232748

COOKER

image.png
No Gas allowed in Condos.  Only electric
If you have a 1 BR, you cam buy the Techno gas Range
It was the cheapest for the 60cm slot - “I think at P 25k”
Next is Elba at 30K plus

U have to ask the buildings elextrician to do the plug for u

image.png

FRIDGE, people were buying:

Lg ref 20k

What is the height of your fridge? 5.5cu ft or 6cu ft

SUGGESTED by a Kroma Owner (L.)

This is my list for rental which I always provide on my 1 bedroom rentals:

For the bedroom:
1. Queen size bed
2. Bed side tables with lamps
3. Desk with chair
4. Desk Table lamp
5. TV with tv stand
6. Accent chair

For living area:
1. Sectional sofa
2. Accent chair
3. Coffee table
4. Floor lamps
5. TV with media cabinet
6. 6 seater dining table expa dable to 8 seats
7. Area rug
8. Wall decors
9. Fridge
10. Stove
11. Microwave
12. Washer/dryer
13. 6 sets of utensils, plates and cups
14. Cooking pans (4 sizes)

REVISITING kitchen appliances

Circuit's 1BR Show Unit

3Mvtkuh.jpg

Nice set-up for the kitchen.  That is a Alba Range hood

+ Dark glass from showflat - anyone know where I can get this - what it costs?

+ How about this Cooker, from the show unit for Circuit... Is the cooker from Elba?  How much, from where can I I get it?

RESPONSES

: SM Makati 40+ (they will have a sale in May accordingly), abenson Glorietta still asking for max discount, and Cash and carry anson 40K flat

: SALE at Bosch / Haefli this weekend, from Friday (40% OFF)

Mike & Nelly furnish their 2BR unit at Kroma

FOREIGNERS REACT to furnished MANILA HOME

BEDROOM: Bed „Galley“ in Grey Bed Side Table„Giorgina“ Chair „Albury“ Drawer „Gaelus“ Carpet „CarpetworldCain Pirncess Mix XS Matress „Ambassador Morning Memory“ Pillows & Bedding „Boutique“ Line in Winter White 🛋

LIVING ROOM: Couch „Seville“ in Grey Accent Chair „Lym“ in Forest Green Couch Center Table „Harold“ Small Side Tables „Harold“ Carpet „Carpetworld Brent Isla Mix XXL“ 🍽

DINING AREA/BAR Dining Table „Halfrid“ Bar Stools „Shelby“ in Brown 💻

OFFICE: Chair „Fargo“ Table „Geraint Low“ Sofabed „Albania“ in Green Drawer „Gaelus“ Carpet „Kings Carpet RC 39185“

DRAFT: email for Kroma Tower admin

UNDERGROUND WORKS?
Please take this as curious and cautionary, not Alarmist.
I have noticed the underground works on the opposite side of Makati medical, and someone told me recently that “the tunnel has now gone under Makati Medical”.  That comment gets me thinking: From there, where?  We are almost immediately next to Makati Medical

Does the tunnel go under De la Rosa street?  And does it also go under Kroma Tower?

The person who told me about these works, said I should not worry, because the tunnelling would be “very deep.”   Here’s my cause for concern, I have seen this before.  

When I lived in Hong Kong I watched the planning and building of a deep tunnel for the fast train to China from Kowloon Station to the China border.  The tunnel passed right below the 13 story building we lived in.  And there were cracks in the building as a result of those works.

The cracks were serious enough that a devlce was place on the roof to monitor the size of the crack.  We lived on the top floor, so I would go to the roof from time to time, to see if the crack was widening, and if the device was triggered.  The crack was bigger than a hairline, and smaller than the tip of my small finger.   The good news was, it was not on our side of the building, and as long as I lived there, the crack did not widen.   But I feared if there was geo-activity, that could happen.

So here’s my main question:  Does the tunnel pass directly under Kroma Tower, or nearby us under the street.  What precautions are being taken to insure the tunnelling and the existence of a finished tunnel will not cause cracks in nearby buildings?

Thanks for looking into this.

Michael Hampton

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this