CryptoCATS Chat (Public)

"Gentlemen I can confidently confirm the bull market in crypto has begun anew

- I hope you all have accumulated at least some percentage of your net worth in crypto otherwise be prepared to pay rapidly rising prices."

- Hector, Feb. 24th

BItcoin ... 3 years : 6mos :

foOUdV8.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 1:37 AM, hector said:

Is anyone long? The last bull run in 2017 there was at least some chatter here.

No. 

Decided a long time ago I’d not envy anyone who made it with Crypto’s but I don’t trust them because I don’t trust the “system” not to find a way to bring them down.

1 hour ago, jerpy said:

No. 

Decided a long time ago I’d not envy anyone who made it with Crypto’s but I don’t trust them because I don’t trust the “system” not to find a way to bring them down.

How do you think 'they' will try to bring cryptos down? Will that risk harming economic growth?

As long as blockchain doesn't displace central bank fiat I don't see what they would have against it?

On 4/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, hector said:

How do you think 'they' will try to bring cryptos down? Will that risk harming economic growth?

As long as blockchain doesn't displace central bank fiat I don't see what they would have against it?

No idea in truth, other than I don’t believe the central banks will want crypto’s to flourish, as they represent an alternative vehicle to the fiat currencies they currently love. For the reason alone, in my humble opinion, I don’t think there will ever be a free market.

At some point I fear, they will be curtailed by ruling classes and the puppet government’s. Seem to recall China has already made noises. It’s not something I follow, if you do, good luck, as I said not for me. 

McAfee Says He Spoke with Satoshi, Claims the Bitcoin Creator Is Furious...

IMG_Tokyo_20190423_144731_processed.jpg?

7 days ago - 
By CCN: Don’t say we didn’t see it coming. John McAfee is not unveiling the true identity of bitcoin creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, at least not today. The mercurial tech maverick has put a stop to proceedings, alleging that due to an “imminent” extradition request to the United States, McAfee’s attorney believes outing Nakamoto to the world could be too dangerous for his client.

Big John claims that he has actually spoken to Satoshi, and the “technologist” has struck a nerve with the bitcoin creator:

“I’ve spoken with him, and he is not a happy camper about my attempt to out him.”

It’s pure gold; the fact that only two short quotes were useable for Bloomberg’s article is even more amusing. This has been fun while it lasted though, and you can’t deny the conviction that the security guru displayed.

/2/

John McAfee Claims Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Is Still Alive (And Kicking ...

7 days ago - McAfee Apparently "Spoke" With Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Wow. What a debacle this whole Satoshi Nakamoto thing has become! Weeks ago ...

Bitcoin Price Will Hit $1 Million in 2020 Because Maths, Stupid: John McAfee

John-McAfee-NTB-31-1-680x350.jpg

John McAfee has been really bold when it comes to predicting the price of bitcoin, claiming that each unit of the cryptocurrency will be worth $1 million by the end of 2020.

The cybersecurity expert had first said in July 2017 that one bitcoin would be worth $500,000 by the end of 2020. If that didn’t happen, he promised that he’ll do something that none of us probably want to see

But it looks like last year’s crypto bear market hasn’t injected any fear into McAfee’s soul that he might have to live up to his words. He is sticking to his million dollar prediction despite the volatility.

In one of his latest tweets, McAfee claims that it is “mathematically impossible” that one BTC will be less than $1 million “by the end of 2020.”

Is $1 million bitcoin possible?

Bitcoin had a terrible 2018, losing close to 80% of its value as the price of one unit of the cryptocurrency fell from more than $17,500 in January to just over $3,800 in December. That massive decline followed a terrific 2017 where the price of each bitcoin shot up from less than $1,000 to around $20,000.

bitcoin price

Bitcoin hit $20,000 at the end of 2017 | Source: TradingView.comIt was during that bullish run McAfee made his bold prediction of a million dollar BTC in December 2017.

McAfee had said that his model priced each bitcoin at $5,000 at the end of 2017. The cryptocurrency was trading at more than double of that level at that time, prompting McAfee to claim that $1 million was possible by the end of the decade.

> https://www.ccn.com/john-mcafee-maths-bitcoin-1-million-by-2020?utm_source=CCNUSABrand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dd

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, colonelmustard said:

Ok I'm in

Anyone give me a dummies guide to buying Bitcoin ?

It looks as if the recent price surge has put the price up to 6k Sterling for one Bitcoin. Obviously would like a pull back but I want to be prepared to move if and when that happens.

Coinbase is a good introduction to bitcoin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 3:36 AM, hector said:

Gentlemen I can confidently confirm the bull market in crypto has begun anew - I hope you all have accumulated at least some percentage of your net worth in crypto otherwise be prepared to pay rapidly rising prices.

Looks like this is now happening as was forecast back then.

BTC >= 10,000

ETH >= 300

Zuckcoin was the catalyst, Carney lit the fuse...

In wholesale markets, consortia of broker dealers are working to develop settlement systems using distributed ledger technology that could overhaul how markets operate. These consortia, such as USC, propose to issue digital tokens that are fully backed by central bank money, allowing instant settlement. This could also plug into ‘tokenised assets’ – conventional securities also represented on blockchain—and smart contracts. This can drive efficiency and resilience in operational processes and reduce counterparty risks in the system, unlocking billions of pounds in capital and liquidity that can be put to more productive uses.

The potential transformation in retail payments is even more fundamental.

Earlier this week, a cooperative of technology companies proposed a new payments infrastructure based on an international stablecoin – Libra. Libra would be backed by reserve assets in a basket of currencies including sterling. It could be exchanged between users on messaging platforms and with participating retailers. As designed, Libra may substantially improve financial inclusion and dramatically lower the costs of domestic and cross border payments.

The Bank of England approaches Libra with an open mind but not an open door. Unlike social media for which standards and regulations are being debated well after they have been adopted by billions of users, the terms of engagement for innovations such as Libra must be adopted in advance of any launch.

Libra, if it achieves its ambitions, would be systemically important. As such it would have to meet the highest standards of prudential regulation and consumer protection. It must address issues ranging from anti-money laundering to data protection to operational resilience. Libra must also be a pro-competitive, open platform that new users can join on equal terms. In addition, authorities will need to consider carefully the implications of Libra for monetary and financial stability. Our citizens deserve no less.

Leveraging our position at the heart of the international financial system and one of the world’s largest fintech hubs, the Bank of England will help lead the way on these issues at the G7, G20, the FSB, BIS and IMF.

Whatever the fate of Libra, its creation underscores the imperative of transforming payments. The Bank’s strategy to open access to a wide range of payment solutions combined with appropriate regulatory oversight of them maximises the likelihood that the payments revolution will meet the demands of the new economy and the needs of all our citizens.

BTC has topped for now. Was a combination of altcoin capitulation back into BTC and new capital coming into BTC off the back of Libra.

Now I expect the easy gains to be made by investing in the depressed altcoins. ETH/BTC ratio has strong support at 0.025 and with the sell pressure taken off it is expected to bounce back to range resistance at 0.035.

• 4 weeks later...

Crypto Bullishness Spreads on Capitol Hill

By Kevin Helms

U.S. Congress has shown that it is starting to care about cryptocurrency as a number of lawmakers spoke up in favor of it this week. “The world Satoshi Nakamoto had envisioned is an unstoppable force” and “there’s no capacity to kill bitcoin” are some of the comments made by lawmakers. Meanwhile, the Fed chair said bitcoin is a store of value like gold and admitted that an era of many different currencies could return with the wider adoption of cryptocurrency...

IRS issues warning to over 10,000 crypto investors that they may owe money

Javier E. David
Editor focused on markets and the economy
Cryptocurrency investors beware — Uncle Sam wants his cut of your returns.

The Internal Revenue Service announced on Friday that had begun sending letters to taxpayers who trade virtual currency.

The agency warned that digital coin traders may have failed to report their investments properly — and they may owe money to the government as a result. The IRS began sending letters out last week, and expects to canvas more than 10,000 taxpayers by the end of August, it said.

"Taxpayers should take these letters very seriously by reviewing their tax filings and when appropriate, amend past returns and pay back taxes, interest and penalties," IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig said in a statement.

"The IRS is expanding our efforts involving virtual currency, including increased use of data analytics. We are focused on enforcing the law and helping taxpayers fully understand and meet their obligations,” he added.