War On! Britain is still battling over Brexit

drbubb

8 hours ago, drbubb said:

NO SYMPATHY for MAY's Tears

Owen Jones responds

Political commentator Owen Jones, who identifies as gay, appeared on Sky News to discuss Theresa May’s tearful resignation.

Sky News presenter Adam Boulton asked during a TV segment: ‘Owen, you say you don’t have much sympathy for her?’

Jones then replied: ‘I’ve got less than no sympathy for her.

‘She didn’t publicly break down publicly over the victims of Windrush, who, because of her policies, were driven from their homes, denied medical care, and even kicked out the country.

‘She didn’t cry publicly over the dozens of working class people who burned to death in Grenfell Tower. She didn’t weep publicly over those who’ve had their benefits stripped from them, those driven to food banks, because of her policies. The victims of universal credit.

‘I think our media can often express much more sympathy for the powerful – in her case, she will lead a no doubt comfortable and affluent life to her very end, rather than the victims of their policies, who I’m afraid have been driven into misery, insecurity and turmoil as a direct result,’ Jones said.

Embedded video

Reporter: ‘Can’t you just respond on a human level?’

Boulton then asked: ‘Can’t you just respond on a human level?’

Jones responded: ‘I have responded on a human level.

‘I’ve spoken about the humanity of those who have suffered as a consequence of her policies and I wish the news would give far more space to them rather than spending time discussing the prime minister crying because she can no longer hold the most powerful job in the country,’ he said.

Many people took to Twitter to share Jones’ sentiment in condemning Theresa May’s policies and to share the video.

One tweet has almost 200,000 likes and 60,000 retweets, at the time of writing.

Jones then tweeted: ‘Don’t feel sorry for Theresa May. Feel sorry for the victims of her policies.’

Well well well... I never thought I would find myself agreeing with anything that plonker said :)

Just had to listen to Malcolm Rifkind on BBC given carte blanche to rant for a good 10-15 minutes uninterrupted repeating himself over and over like some deranged loon that Parliament couldn't agree a deal and wouldn't allow us to leave without a deal and therefore the only democratic course of action was to ...yes you've guessed it...Have a People's vote.

The BBC scum really are pulling out every stop ...

Rifkind was followed by another Remain nut job from Northern Ireland the newly elected Alliance Party MEP ...looks like she ate all the pies and then puked up her Remain rant for another 10 minutes.

The BBC is now Remain central on steroids with any token Leave viewpoint scoffed at and derided.

It's going to be an interesting summer. If these lunatics do get there way and we end up staying in the EU it's going to lead to violence somewhere down the road if we are forced into EU political integration through some Parliamentary stitch up....and not the kind you see exercised in riots but an organized resistance something like the IRA. That would be kind of ironic wouldn't it...because Sinn Fein the IRA's political representatives now can't get enough of their EU masters. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"It's going to be an interesting summer. If these lunatics do get there way and we end up staying in the EU it's going to lead to violence

somewhere down the road if we are forced into EU political integration through some Parliamentary stitch up."

Time to JUST GET OUT

Get the F#!$ Out of the EU!

• 1 month later...

BoJo's Brexit coming

Prime Minister Johnson Purges Hardline Remainers from Cabinet, Prepares to Deliver Brexit in 99 Days’ Time

Boris Johnson has cleared out the Cabinet of hardline remainers and his critics, rewarding allies and appointing a number of Brexiteers to his government.

Prime Minister Johnson has recruited Brexiteers to top roles in his government, signalling that with 99 days to go, he is committed to taking the UK out of the EU on October 31st.

The wholesale clear-out of 18 ministers occurred throughout the day, with fervent Remainers and Jeremy Hunt-supporters being fired or resigning. The BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg remarked that “This is officially the biggest clear out of Cabinet without a change of party in power — more than half of them gone — [this is] not a reshuffle it’s a new government.”

Britain's Trump says: "You're Fired!"

New UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson fires nearly all of Theresa May’s Cabinet and replaces them with Brexit supporters

• Boris Johnson has held his first meeting of his new-look Cabinet after bloodbath of Theresa May’s ministers
  • The incoming PM culled nearly two-thirds of predecessor’s team as he created a new Brexiteer group 
  • Many of the Vote Leave 2016 referendum team have been installed as top ranking ministers or advisers 
  • Mr Johnson told ministers they were all committed to leaving the EU on October 31 or earlier – ‘no ifs, no buts’

Boris Johnson today warned his new-look ‘Brexit Cabinet’ that Britain is at a ‘pivotal moment’ – and vowed that the country will leave the EU by the end of October ‘or earlier’.

The incoming PM gathered his team in No10 for the first time this morning after staging an unprecedented bloodbath of Theresa May‘s government, stripping out 17 of her ministers to create a group willing to go through with No Deal.

ComPost doesnt like it

Washington Post

An Eton-educated man whose career is a showreel of ineptitude and orchestrated blunder, heaped with a huge dose of confidence. This is how you might describe Britain’s new prime minister, Boris Johnson. The people around him aren’t much better. Celebrated for being “diverse,” his picks for the country’s “Great Offices of State” are united by their regressive views. Together, they represent some of the major problems in this country: an outdated class system, entrenched privilege and a fixation on diversity over racial equality. They are exactly the opposite of what Britain needs.

It’s difficult to understate how calamitous Johnson’s government could be. Not unlike his presidential counterpart in the United States, Britain’s new prime minister comes from the elite, purports to be a man of the people and has used flagrant racism and homophobia when he thinks it might be good for his image. Though he differs from President Trump in his pitch as a supposed “one nation” Conservative, he’s already been called “Britain Trump” by the president himself.

Incredibly there are still more than half the Cabinet (19 out of 33 ) who are remainers  . (25.30)

Many people fear that Boris will just try to get a concession on the backstop and then reheat the May surrender Treaty... In fact I think he has made it clear that is his strategy but...

It won't wash with Nigel Farage and the Brexit Party (37.45)

Boris is going to have to do better than some backstop fudge to satisfy the Leavers and neutralize the Brexit Party but how can he do that without enraging the remainer infested Parliament. Nigel thinks he has to go for an election and Jacob Rees-Mogg assures us all he has to do is nothing and we will leave by default on October 31st.

POUND under Pressure

GBP ... update : $1.23 - 0.0085

MUpXbxC.gif

==

Poor old Sterling... It has fallen so much I actually find it fascinating to see how low it can go now.

For a trader Sterling must have been a one way bet for the last few years but one thing I have noticed about Sterling is that when it turns ..it turns really quickly. I wouldn't like to be the trader who gets caught napping.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sterling rises after Brexit....That's the kind of reverse psychology that rules the markets.

Snowflakes Offended... so he must be onto something Genuinely truthful

Snowflakes Crush ‘Rock’

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson may need to change his nickname.

The actor, producer and professional wrestler has been caught performing a humiliating and craven reverse ferret when he deleted a tweet praising his ‘namesake’ – Britain’s new prime minister Boris Johnson.

Boris-The-Rock-Johnson-640x480.png

His original tweet went:

“Breaking: PM Boris Johnson is in fact my cousin [though we clearly look more like twins].

“Jokes aside, PM did say something in his speech I liked – ‘the people are our bosses’.

100% agree. The people/audience/consumer will always matter most. #ourboss.”

But a quarter of an hour’s worth of attacks from the usual leftist suspects, the Rock quickly turned to jello and deleted his tweet.

> https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/07/29/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-deletes-pro-boris-tweet/

6 hours ago, colonelmustard said:

Poor old Sterling... It has fallen so much I actually find it fascinating to see how low it can go now.

For a trader Sterling must have been a one way bet for the last few years but one thing I have noticed about Sterling is that when it turns ..it turns really quickly. I wouldn't like to be the trader who gets caught napping.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sterling rises after Brexit....That's the kind of reverse psychology that rules the markets.

Should be some strong support at $1.20.  And I may buy some calls there

7 hours ago, colonelmustard said:

lol.

gbp. forgot all about that pos.

gbp is deader than a argentinian peso surely.

Already only really good for buying dirty donner meat made from skinned rats.

Once London falls post no deal brexit there will likely be some decent upside. Other than that you should of been out of gbp more than 2 years ago.

• 5 weeks later...
FARAGE BARRAGE

Nigel Farage warns Boris Johnson ‘honeymoon is over’ and says Brexit Party ready to wipe out Tories at next election

NIGEL Farage has warned Boris Johnson that the "honeymoon is over" and said the Brexit Party is ready to wipe out Tories at the next election.

His stern warning comes after the Prime Minster asked the Queen for her approval to suspend proceedings for nearly five weeks from as early as September 9.

Farage has warned Boris Johnson that the 'honeymoon is over' and said the Brexit Party is ready to wipe out Tories at the next election.
Farage has warned Boris Johnson that the 'honeymoon is over' and said the Brexit Party is ready to wipe out Tories at the next election.Credit: Getty Images - Getty

Touching on The Queen's decision to prorogue parliament, Farage wrote in The Telegraph: "This comes as a clear message was sent to the heart of Westminster on Tuesday when we announced that we have 635 approved candidates in place across the country.

"The Brexit Party stands ready to fight the next general election. In fact, we are more prepared than any other party in British politics today."

'SUMMER IS OVER'

He continued: "The summer is over and with it, I would suggest, is Boris Johnson’s brief honeymoon period.

"If Johnson does choose to sell out his own people by consigning Britain to such a position of weakness, the Brexit Party would have no choice but to fight him in every seat at the next national poll."

IT'S ON! Boris Johnson leaves Remainers reeling;

Close Parliament to push through Brexit...

BORIS Johnson today left Remainer plotters reeling — after wrong-footing them with his mammoth Brexit masterstroke.

The PM had repeatedly played down the possibility of proroguing the Commons.

PM Boris Johnson has taken the fight to his Brexit enemies by suspending Parliament

PM Boris Johnson has taken the fight to his Brexit enemies by suspending ParliamentCredit: AFP or licensors

But he asked the Queen for her approval to suspend proceedings for nearly five weeks from as early as September 9.

Remain MPs, dubbed the “Rabble Alliance”, are now left with just four days next week to try to derail Brexit and pass a law to stop a No Deal on October 31.

Senior sources told The Sun that No10’s extraordinary move was designed to prove to Brussels that Parliament will not be able to stop Britain from leaving in October.

They wanted to “flush out” any opposition now in the hope of forcing EU leaders into concessions on the Irish backstop.

One insider said: “The EU will never negotiate with us and consider changes to the backstop if they believe Parliament can block a No Deal.

“As well as having the advantage of sending Remainers into meltdown and putting them on the back foot, this is about showing the EU that they have to come to the table.”

• 3 weeks later...

A Old warrior for UK-in-Europe makes his Case

Lord Michael Heseltine | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union
/ 2 /
"I thought it was absolutely grotesque"

Brexit: This rotten parliament -- the spiked podcast

• 2 months later...

Delingpole: Neither Boris nor Corbyn Won the TV Debate. Nigel Farage Did.

Delingpole: Neither Boris nor Corbyn Won the TV Debate. Nigel Farage Did.

Hands-down winner of last night’s general election TV debates was Nigel Farage: the only authentic politician, the only man willing or able to tell it like it is.

He even gave a straight answer to an elephant trap of a question about what he did personally to save the environment:

“I drive all over the country. I catch a lot of aeroplane flights every year. I am not a leading example.”

That was while being cross-examined on ITV after the main debate in which only Boris and Corbyn took part. His performance on a BBC Question Time special with Fiona Bruce, though, was even better because it was punchier.

Seems WRONG about so much...

Leftwing stupidity (& abject surrender) on steriods

Jeremy-Corbyn-3-200x150.png

Labour ‘Manifesto’ Proposes Class War, Chain Migration, Voting for Children & Foreigners

x

• 1 year later...

haha

Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare bill:

We will have to sign it, to find out what is in it

Just 1,652 Days Late We Go With a Whimper, Not a Bang: UK Leaves the EU

GettyImages-1230359493-e1609441861324-64

The United Kingdom is no longer a meaningful member of the European Union, the culmination of decades of campaigning by Eurosceptics, and years of negotiations and political intrigue following the EU membership referendum.

Boris Johnson’s new European treaty, a trade deal agreed on Christmas Eve between the two parties and ratified by the British Parliament late last night took effect at 2300 GMT — until the very last moment the EU had proceedings running to their time, with Britain’s departure taking place at midnight Brussels’ time — signalling a major shift in the relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union.

. . . Several key Brexit stakeholders have voiced serious concerns over the deal, although some subsequently went on to back it in last night’s parliamentary vote. The small-c conservative Bow Group has noted ten serious areas where the deal is deficient, their chairman suggesting these would become more pressing worries with time as the full scope of the deal becomes more widely known.

> https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/12/31/just-1652-days-late-we-go-with-a-whimper-not-a-bang-uk-leaves-the-eu/

Yep...I'm afraid this dog's dinner was the best they could come up with in the face of so much establishment resistence and sabotage. It is a minor miracle we have managed to get this far.

Without Nigel and the Brexit party it would never have materialised I am sure of that. May and her band of weasels would have rigged another referendum to remain given the chance.

All the Decades of lies and betrayal to steal our democracy piece by piece....so slowly most people didn't even notice until Brussels became so entwined with every fibre of Government it was almost impossible to break away.

I pity any country that has joined the Euro currency because I cannot envisage they will ever be able to disentangle themselves unless there is a spontaneous and unforeseen collapse which I think is unlikely as long as Germany bankrolls it. I don't pity them because I believe Brexit is going to bring economic success or monetary gain..it may not...that's not what matters to me. What's important is we decide our own future for good or bad.

For me the EU is a sinister operation and actually I am still angry that we came so close to the point of no return. If the 2016 referendum had gone the other way there would be no going back...eventually we would have been forced to join the single currency too.

Maybe we had to experience the marriage before we could appreciate the divorce.

Peter Shore in 1975...sounds familiar doesnt it....

" The message that comes now is.. FEAR !..FEAR !.FEAR !...fear because you won't have any food...fear of unemployment...fear that we've somehow become so reduced as a country that we can no longer as it were..totter about in the world independent as a nation...and a constant attrition of our morale..a constant attempt to tell us that what we have and what generations of Englishmen have helped us to achieve is not worth a DAMN !... "

“If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system,” ...Tony Benn.

Happy new year dr B.

I hope it's a good one for you.