DrBubb's Diary - Q1. 2020 Trading - v.132

SCARY - but Out-of-Date

Italy’s death toll leaps by 97 in one day to 463 as alarming photos emerge of patients hooked up to life support machines inside quarantine-zone hospital while medics in hazmat suits battle to save them

====

REMEMBER 2008: They said “IT’S CONTAINED!” & it wasn’t
===
That +26.5% rise* seemed scary, but look at Yesterday !
Overall, Non-China: 38,144 +4,352, +12.9%
Italy :          10,149 +977,  +10.7%
Germany:     1,565 +341,  +27.8%
USA :               978 +274,  +38.9% !!
Switzerland:   497 +123,  +32.9%
Norway:          400 +173,  +76.2%
Denmark:       262 +172,  +191.%
=======
*SCARY - but Out-of-Date
Italy’s death toll leaps by 97 in one day to 463 as alarming photos emerge of patients hooked up to life support machines inside quarantine-zone hospital while medics in hazmat suits battle to save them
> https://governmentslaves.news/2020/03/10/italys-death-toll-leaps-by-97-in-one-day-to-463-as-alarming-photos-emerge-of-patients-hooked-up-to-life-support-machines-inside-quarantine-zone-hospital-while-medics-in-hazmat-suits-battle-to-save-t/

/ 2 /

In 2008, at the beginning of the GFC, Ben Bernanke, would say over and over that it's contained.

> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-of-cards-the-mortgage-mess/

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FTSE never has the big rally that SPX had

It may be closer to an important Low

UKX ... All : Last

l6ytXwa.gif

The drop is Gold & Silver stocks friday was one of the sharpest falls I have ever seen

SIL vs GDX ... All Data -W:  D :

xx

SIL, Silver Miners Etf : $18.61 -3.84 -17.10% vs YrH: $33.75: -44.9%
GDX, Gold Miners Etf: $19.00 -3.31 -14.84% vs YrH: $31.84: -40.3%
Gdxj, Jr Gold Miners : $22.17 -2.50 -10.13% vs YrH: $46.42: -52.2%
GLD, SPRD Gold Etf : 143.28 -4.51 - 3.05% vs YrH: 159.17: -10.0%
SLV, Silver Trust Etf : $13.69 -0.93 - 6.36%  vs YrH: $18.35: -25.4%
===
Notice the difference !

Same here Dr Bubb. I could not believe last night how low GDX was. I could only find temporary technical reasons (Friday night margin calls & panic) to explain such move so I bought during the last hour at 19.92USD
With interest rates going towards zero or even negative & gold being a tangible safe haven I expect gold to go up within few weeks or months then remain at high levels. With higher gold prices and lower oil prices, which make up significant portion of a miner's costs, how could the value of Gold mining companies not appreciate sharply in the future?

Nice Move!, Alex

I will post some charts later

So far, I have been researching Virus related matters all day.

BOOST IMMUNITY & Go Green (full recovery)

> New thread: Boosting Immunity & Getting to Green on Covid-19

See what measures Macau used to "GO GREEN"

As Metro Manila goes into LOCKDOWN, you may be better off in the Provinces (if you are there now)

xx

Yes we are in Makati. Duterte declared lockdown of Metro Manila and (just now) a curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. But still we prefer to be in Makati rather than blocked in the province. We still have access to the airport (international flights only) but to go where anyway... ?

Yeah. 

Where is safer?  The numbers for PH infections are not so bad

CORONAVIRUS STATS / at 3.12.2020

Country — : #of Cases : per Mn.: Death: Serious: %cases
China         : 80,824   +11:   56.2 /  3,189: 4,020:
S.Korea     :   8,086 +107:  157.7 /.      72:      59:
USA            :   2,329  +82:     7.0 /.       41:       10:
Japan.        :      734    + 0:    5.8 /        21:       29:
(Vs)
Thailand.   :         75.   +0:      1.1 /.      1:          1 :
Indonesia   :        69.  + 0:     0.3/.        4:         0 :
Philippines :       64.  + 0:     0.6/.        6:         1 :
Vietnam.    :         44.  + 0:      0.5/.       0:         0 :
India.          :         83.   +0:      0.1/.        2:         0 :
Africa:
VERY FEW cases in Africa. Nigeria:2 , So.Afr,

He called for the CRASH

"Corona situation is just a trigger"

Charles Nenner - No Way to Avoid Coming Depression

“Nothing to do with the Virus… The market needs to do what it needs to do”
“It is all about Deflation”
At the Top, “Small investors were buying from large investors”
Interest Rates:
“They went to negative… the big problem is: how are Baby boomers going to retire?”
Gold:
“My theory is, if we have deflation, bonds will collapse, and real estate too.”
“Only gold will be left”

As the Covid crisis grows, maybe we need Help?

MARS- Antarctica Disclosures

The Asteroids were once a large Earth-like planet, says Wilcock

The inhabitants went to Earth and Mars, about "half a million years ago", when they came to Antarctica, crash-landing a huge mother ship

"Antarctica is Atlantis... the Earth shifted on its axis, and then Atlantis / Antarctica froze"

David Wilcock March 8, 2020 - Corey Goode Stunning NEW Antarctic SSP Insiders! LIVE

... "they Warred with Mars" and fragments of their exploded planet (or nuclear explosions) disfigured Mars about 500,000 years ago

Mars Massacre : Linda Moulton Howe and Dr John Brandenburg

==

Gold Hit -$77, & Silver clobbered -$2.49

silver.gif?0.6058618726160527

Gold

gold.gif?0.6926577608530164

Gold ($1456) / Silver ($12.23) = 119%

Friday:  SLV ($13.69) / Silver: ($14.50) = 94.4%
If Silver is now $12.40 x 94.4%= expected SLV: $11.71
SLV suggested down: -14.5%
X2 : AGQ:  Fri-$20.32 x (100- 14.5x2) : (71%): $14.43
X3 : USLV: Fri-$44.95 x (100- 14.5x3): (56%): $25.17
NOTE> Please regard these as Guessed

Threw in some orders, still analysing

BOUGHT

SLV- April $10 Calls at $2.24

WM.t

GCM.wtb

On 3/14/2020 at 7:26 AM, drbubb said:

The drop is Gold & Silver stocks friday was one of the sharpest falls I have ever seen

SIL vs GDX ... All Data -W:  D :

SIL, Silver Miners Etf : $18.61 -3.84 -17.10% vs YrH: $33.75: -44.9%
GDX, Gold Miners Etf: $19.00 -3.31 -14.84% vs YrH: $31.84: -40.3%
Gdxj, Jr Gold Miners : $22.17 -2.50 -10.13% vs YrH: $46.42: -52.2%
GLD, SPRD Gold Etf : 143.28 -4.51 - 3.05% vs YrH: 159.17: -10.0%
SLV, Silver Trust Etf : $13.69 -0.93 - 6.36%  vs YrH: $18.35: -25.4%
===
Notice the difference !

haha / Silver stocks now UP on the day! / 20.1359
    Change:+1.5259

Low of Day: $16.  We saw in minutes & hours, moves that sometime look years in the past

SIL-etc .... update

9MmpPH7.gif

==

Yes. Here are some comments from a Viber chat I am on - Philippines based, a location under Lockdown

"Isnt suspending stock market similar (in a small degree) suspending banking?"

"No.  No money, no food"

"(banks) booked vans to get its employees to work today, with normal transport shut down.  They know that many customers are highly reliant on those money transfers etc

"If banks start selectively shutting branches, that is when the bank runs will start"

"Banks are open until 3pm"

"long queues at ATMs here in makati, I am hearing"

The move yesterday in Silver stocks was extraordinary.  SIL, the silver stock index had a huge swing. 

LOW of the day, near the opening was 16.00.  Where did it close?  $21.03 +$2.42, +13.00%, on 941,165 shares (a lot for that ETF).
I have noticed that SIL will sometimes lead silver by a day - but not always

And GDX closed with +18.3% ! 

According to ETF Trends, the extreme volatility in levered ETFs and their need to re-balance may have created a disconnect among gold mining stocks' valuation vs. their fundamentals, possibly causing yesterday's outperformance.

"DO NOT LET A HUGE CRISIS Go to waste "

The elites (with the anti-human, anti-freedom agenda) are ready to exploit this

It is ALL HANDS ON DECK,. to keep Freedom alive!

"Because the Federal Reserve is wounded and left on the sidelines, I expect the MOTHER OF ALL BAILOUTS to start being deployed by the government and by international organization, which are U.S.-centric, such as the IMF and the World Bank.

This is a global pandemic and, as many have feared, the response will be globally-coordinated, opening the DANGEROUS doors to a one-world currency and global governance STRUCTURE.

Don't think for a second that power-starved globalist key players aren't looking to FULLY capitalize on the suffering of others and become their heroes in this time of crisis.

Make no mistake about it: the levels of FEAR on the street are HUMUNGOUS. I surveyed several mentors of mine, who were so bearish that I nearly used it as a CONTRARIAN indicator that the worst is behind us."

> https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2020-03-17/Respiratory-distress-gold-nosedives-mother-bailout-discharged.html

COVID is shutting Gold & Silver mines
Pan American Silver temporarily suspends mining in Peru
 Mar 17
(Kitco News) - Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ, TSX: PAAS), the world’s second-largest primary silver producer, Tuesday reported that four mines in Peru are being temporarily suspended due to government-mandated restrictions.
Mine
Freeport halts Cerro Verde mining for 15 days due to gov't COVID-19 rules
Mar 17
(Kitco News) - Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX) has put its Cerro Verde mine in Peru on "care and maintenance" for 15 days in response to measures taken by the Peruvian government to contain the COVID-19 outbreak, the company said Tuesday.

10 year chart - suggests some important support at about 235

spy - 10yr : 10d / last: $238.  day low : $236

gXiixSb.gif

if it does not bounce from near here, the bear is truly vicious

: 10d /

la7y7Du.gif

In edit:  Day's  Low was below 230, but it closed near 240

went to the supermarket...The shelves were being stripped bare again at 10 am...never seen anything like it in my life many of the shelves were completely empty so they obviously are preparing for the worst."

Finally!: but HOW SERIOUS are they in the UK?  

London shutting down... (or is it?)

Britain is braced for an unprecedented coronavirus lockdown – with ministers preparing to close London as early as this week.

Emergency legislation will be used to restrict tube networks, close schools, and ban large public gatherings.

THAT is Lockdown???

LOCKDOWN IN PH - is taken Seriously - Technically, after yesterday's edict: I CANNOT GET MORE FOOD

Only One Person per household is allowed out during two windows in time. That person must be UNDER 60 y.o.

(I am older than that, so I cannot go out,  If they check my ID I could get sent home immediately, or even arrested.)

My GF can go out, but she is required to work during those resupply times. 

By law, we should wait until her day off, that's just one day per week. Next one is Monday.

I am sure we will find a way around this... I may post here our solution.

I did not know about this rule for person over 60 y.o. !

Did you try to order from FoodPanda? Below is an email I received from them. If you wish to order from them but have difficulties email me directly so I can order for you and have it delivered directly to your place. Their website is here : https://www.foodpanda.ph/

As clarified by the leadership of the Department of Trade and Industry, foodpanda is allowed to operate along with other food services platforms as providers of basic necessities.

In light of this recent mandate, we would like to reassure you that foodpanda continues to operate as usual with free delivery on every order.

We value the safety of everyone in our community, and have introduced new measures to ensure you feel secure while using our service.

We're in constant communication with our restaurant partners over the latest World Health Organization notices, advising them on the health and safety practices that go beyond our already high food hygiene expectations.

We also encourage you to switch to online payment. That way, we can easily keep unnecessary human interactions to a minimum.

Our commitment remains with supporting all our riders, restaurant partners and valued customers as we go through this tough time together as a nation. Rest assured we will keep you updated with any further developments.

Stay safe.
Your foodpanda team

(i posted this just now on a Neighborhood viber chat):

AGE CURFEW : Heard it last night. It is not being enforced (yet).

Went on walkabout again, some minor shopping in the Neighborhood.  Lots of people around, mostly walking alone. 

Not stopped by anyone, nor did I have my idea checked for age.  The Lawsons nearest me was sold out of larger bottles of water, but a nearby 711 had plenty

Just a Little lower to go for Oil / USO?  Last $4.71 / WTI: $20.83

t0yV5U2.gif

“THE REALITY is Much WORSE, than you see” (in the Stats)
Cases “could get into the millions”
The market wants to discount the bad news, but does not know how to do that.
Complete economic freeze is possible. Like Ice-9, this can spread & spread

Jim Rickards: economic freeze is here, get gold, silver if you can and get ready
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj3ttaiSgvs