• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Gold Crashes, What’s Next? - http://expectedreturnsblog.com/gold-crashes-whats-next/

I am getting excited because this is the fakeout move in gold I’ve been talking about. Everyone needs to realize that even if gold corrected to $1400, the bull market would still be intact. We’ve seen 50% corrections in gold during bull markets before, so this correction is not that big of a deal. The big picture hasn’t changed at all. The smart money is going to buy into this correction, and a huge rally will probably arrive some time in 2012. This is the setup I’ve been talking about.

Gold Crashes, What’s Next? - http://expectedreturnsblog.com/gold-crashes-whats-next/

I am getting excited because this is the fakeout move in gold I’ve been talking about. Everyone needs to realize that even if gold corrected to $1400, the bull market would still be intact. We’ve seen 50% corrections in gold during bull markets before, so this correction is not that big of a deal. The big picture hasn’t changed at all. The smart money is going to buy into this correction, and a huge rally will probably arrive some time in 2012. This is the setup I’ve been talking about.

This may turn out to be great advice.

But sitting through the slide after the obvious parabolic move up in Gold was not so great an idea

This may turn out to be great advice.

But sitting through the slide after the obvious parabolic move up in Gold was not so great an idea

Different courses for different horses Dr Bubb. No point bashing the buy and holders when they have done well to buy and hold over the past few years. Keep in mind also that many buy and holder types have their own forms of hedging. Spikes and consolidations were always a part of the game. If you can trade gold and make more of a profit, well done to you too.

Gold has predictably corrected to the long term trend after a spike up. If it trades sideways from here for a few months at around 1600-1650.... that still represents an annually compounding appreciation of around 20% odd.... which has also been predictable.

Why get so excited about spikes or corrections when it's the long term trend that's of importance to the [dis]invester?

I know this is slightly off topic but I'd like to ask a question about a gold backed currency. If say the Euro was backed by Gold and also the Pound.....I suppose the Pound wouldn't have been able to devalue against other currencies so easily? So, when a country is experiencing economic problems, they cannot devalue when they have a gold backed currency to increase exports and even encourage companies to set up in their particular area? I'd be grateful is somebody could answer this for me.

With Gold down today again... almost $100 :

I want to put a clip on YouTube...

335Robert_Ian.jpg

Robert Ian saying:

"Never ever ever... sell your Gold."

(What a great pre-warning of a coming top was that !)

And this:

Big Picture: “Ready to Launch”--All Roads Lead to Gold

MP3: http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2011-0910-2.mp3

Jim looks at two more topics on the Big Picture this week, "Ready to Launch: all roads leading to Gold" and "Policy Response" analyzing President Obama’s speech on jobs, and potential next moves for the Federal Reserve.

I think some purists need to do some serious rethinking of their "eternal principles"

A little bit of guru tapping may not be a bad thing, to bring the point home...

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN !

You may find you will trade better (as I did) when you adapt that as your mantra.

Buying Opportunity? Maybe.

Gold actually traded BELOW the 144d MA in Hong Kong and the UK.

I plan to buy some there (about GLD-$153), if it trades there in the UK

335Robert_Ian.jpg

Robert Ian saying:

And this:

Big Picture: “Ready to Launch”--All Roads Lead to Gold

MP3: http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2011-0910-2.mp3

Jim looks at two more topics on the Big Picture this week, "Ready to Launch: all roads leading to Gold" and "Policy Response" analyzing President Obama’s speech on jobs, and potential next moves for the Federal Reserve.

I think some purists need to do some serious rethinking of their "eternal principles"

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN !

You may find you will trade better (as I did) when you adapt that as your mantra.

Well, your post might make sense if there was ever an assumption that the above commentators or anyone on this board is just interested in trading. But obviously many don't want to trade. I have been following a little of the banter on your beating B&H and your above comment ultimately just illustrates your short term mentality vs others' long term holding/security mentality. Clearly comparing apples and pears.

I hope you're prepared to lose all your winnings... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC19fEqR5bA

335Robert_Ian.jpg

Robert Ian saying:

And this:

Big Picture: "Ready to Launch"--All Roads Lead to Gold

MP3: http://www.netcastda...2011-0910-2.mp3

Jim looks at two more topics on the Big Picture this week, "Ready to Launch: all roads leading to Gold" and "Policy Response" analyzing President Obama's speech on jobs, and potential next moves for the Federal Reserve.

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN !

`This from Glen Neely today:

Website@neowave.com to me

show details 14:34 (17 minutes ago)

After a nearly $400 drop off this year's high, we can finally say Gold's 12-year bull market is over. For quite some time I've warned that America was on the verge of an entirely new type of economic environment - Deflation! Since our last bout of deflation was 80 years ago, this is a situation virtually no living American can remember. The impact on banks, home values, debts of all kinds and consumers, will be profound. This means that everything denominated in U.S. dollars will - over the next few years - begin to drop in value. That will cause huge problems for all legal contracts based on payments in U.S. dollars, especially housing loans.

Transmission Time:

Los Angeles: 26-Sep-2011 06:23 New York: 26-Sep-2011 09:23 London: 26-Sep-2011 14:23

Madrid: 26-Sep-2011 15:23 Mumbai: 26-Sep-2011 18:53

I know this is slightly off topic but I'd like to ask a question about a gold backed currency. If say the Euro was backed by Gold and also the Pound.....I suppose the Pound wouldn't have been able to devalue against other currencies so easily? So, when a country is experiencing economic problems, they cannot devalue when they have a gold backed currency to increase exports and even encourage companies to set up in their particular area? I'd be grateful is somebody could answer this for me.

I suppose then that a gold backed currency isn't that ideal then in certain situations. Anybody?

From DrB's Diary... Look what Neowave has come out with !

No unfortunately didn't see that before I posted. I was a little bit amazed when I saw the speed of the descent and the bounce back. I'm thinking there is a low out there in the low - mid 1500s that gold keeps pushing for and will eventually land on for more than a few minutes. Maybe central bank buying at the $1530 level?

The REAL PROBLEM now is there are not enough shorts.

If there were more shorts, then we would see buying driven by short-covering.

The parabolic move up, chased them out, and brought in too many new bulls, who were way too complacent, and maybe still are.

From above:

"How would you feel if $1920 proved to be THE Top?"

I will be PISSED OFF at having completely misunderstood the gold market, but not hurt too badly...

Now I just got this email from Glenn Neely who has a good track record forecasting Gold prices:

NEOWAVE: Gold's Bull Market is Over

After a nearly $400 drop off this year's high, we can finally say Gold's 12-year bull market is over. For quite some time I've warned that America was on the verge of an entirely new type of economic environment - Deflation! Since our last bout of deflation was 80 years ago, this is a situation virtually no living American can remember. The impact on banks, home values, debts of all kinds and consumers, will be profound. This means that everything denominated in U.S. dollars will - over the next few years - begin to drop in value.

That will cause huge problems for all legal contracts based on payments in U.S. dollars, especially housing loans.

Are we headed down to $1200 or even $1000?

"Anything can happen," Gentles.

"Never ever ever sell your gold."

Indeed ! - what piss-poor advice that could seem in a few months.

`This from Glen Neely today:

Whoops!

Just saw it.

Pretty different message than we are getting from the B&H bulls, isnt it?

Well, your post might make sense if there was ever an assumption that the above commentators or anyone on this board is just interested in trading. But obviously many don't want to trade. I have been following a little of the banter on your beating B&H and your above comment ultimately just illustrates your short term mentality vs others' long term holding/security mentality. Clearly comparing apples and pears.

DD:

Don't forget what I said: "Anything can happen."

I reckon, You are far too complacent.

I have been warning you and the others to be careful, think for yourself, and not listen only to the perma-Bulls. You may have a huge lesson to learn.

For your sake, I hope this proves to be only a warning. But you just might find that Glenn Neely is more right than Jim Sinclair despite all the assurances the Gold Bugs have given you.

DD:

Don't forget what I said: "Anything can happen."

I reckon, You are far too complacent.

I have been warning you and the others to be careful, think for yourself, and not listen only to the perma-Bulls. You may have a huge lesson to learn.

For your sake, I hope this proves to be only a warning. But you just might find that Glenn Neely is more right than Jim Sinclair despite all the assurances the Gold Bugs have given you.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/06/prweb2537224.htm

NEoWave Warns Stock Market Has Peaked for 2009

NEoWave Institute's Glenn Neely is forecasting the largest vertical drop of the decade for the S&P 500. Neely predicts the stock market will decline 50% in the next 6 months.

Aliso Viejo, CA (PRWEB) June 16, 2009

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/01/prweb3492414.htm

NEoWave's Glenn Neely Forecasts Looming Market Top - Multi-month Decline on Horizon

Glenn Neely, founder of NEoWave Institute and top Elliott Wave analyst, believes the S&P 500 is forming an important top and is preparing for a multi-month decline.

Aliso Viejo, CA (PRWEB) January 22, 2010

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/06/prweb2537224.htm

NEoWave Warns Stock Market Has Peaked for 2009

NEoWave Institute's Glenn Neely is forecasting the largest vertical drop of the decade for the S&P 500. Neely predicts the stock market will decline 50% in the next 6 months.

Aliso Viejo, CA (PRWEB) June 16, 2009

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/01/prweb3492414.htm

NEoWave's Glenn Neely Forecasts Looming Market Top - Multi-month Decline on Horizon

Glenn Neely, founder of NEoWave Institute and top Elliott Wave analyst, believes the S&P 500 is forming an important top and is preparing for a multi-month decline.

Aliso Viejo, CA (PRWEB) January 22, 2010

Quiff,

No one gets it right all the time - Neely has a good track record.

And he doesnt claim perfection like some the Gold Buy & Hold wizards do.

("Never ever ever ... sell you gold," is my definition of a nonsense.)

(Sorry to say this, but some here have lots to learn about how markets work,

and I fear they will learn the hard way. Don't say I did not warn you.