Maybe you are right and this is really more about these kind of things. Lots of emotions around gold, quite funny that.

Without a doubt what we are witnessing at HPC is pure hate. Many of these folks have lost a shedload of paper money, and they are lucky to earn 5% in funny money from high street banks. They fail to realise that this is FAR LESS than the real rate of inflation. What little equity they may have left after bad decision after bad decision is being decimated now if they are not in a true currency i.e. gold.

They wander onto a 9,000 page gold thread and realise (wrongly!!!) that they've missed the boat! They see folks making over 50% in metals in a year or 18 months.

They are so brainwashed by the establishment (schools, university, the professions, the media etc etc) that they cannot and will not admit that they have been HOODWINKED - yes they have been HAD well and truly by the banksters and the politicians - all they can do is attack those who (and eventually they will see this) have the brains and balls to do the research and ACT.

This is why cgnao sticks around, he enjoys giving them all two fingers every now and then as gold and silver continue their relentless march upwards.

Going bust on a grand scale, as the likes of bart/muttley/smelly/olfart etc etc are doing, really, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people!!! :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Who knows? :rolleyes: I still think we could see $1,000 in March. If Bernanke gets more bearish and they cut a lot, it could easily happen if the Cartel doesn't throw the last bars they have against it. I am patient. I might be buying, but want to see how it's doing overnight and tomorrow morning.

If it doesn't hit $1000 before hand, that 75 basis point cut on 18th will guarantee it.

If it doesn't hit $1000 before hand, that 75 basis point cut on 18th will guarantee it.

You got your phillis* yet narco? Let me know when you get them. Hey I got a good deal on ebay on Saturday. 1kg silver argor £355, three of them (£1065) and 14 eagles £10each, £140. Bargain :rolleyes: Think the seller was bit foolish.

*Edit, Thats 1 ounce Philharmonics, not syphilis

You got your phillis* yet narco? Let me know when you get them. Hey I got a good deal on ebay on Saturday. 1kg silver argor £355, three of them (£1065) and 14 eagles £10each, £140. Bargain :lol: Think the seller was bit foolish.

*Edit, Thats 1 ounce Philharmonics, not syphilis

They should arrive on thursday or friday. Sonia at coininvestdirect says they come in sheets of 20 rather in a tube. Going to have to figure out how to stash em. :rolleyes:

was a nice price I thought.

Yep, that is the way I see it also. There is a lot of claptrap going around about the fed saving homeowners with rate cuts, blah, blah, blah. The fact of the matter is mortgage rates have been increasing while heli bene has been cutting. There are cutting to save banks, and will continue to do so.

Today was a concerted effort to smack commodities before the rate cut. The whole G7 or 8 were involved as the dollar lost ground against other currencies today also. Today was a classic smackdown - to get the shorts back in - without them this run wouldn't be half as fun.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...;postcount=8336

JSinclair talk at Toronto show....

Here are a few notes from JS-Toronto talk. Jim extemorized for about 45 minutes then began taking questions.

* Gold is going up for the reason that it serves the pujrposes and interests of the wealthy.

* Gold is only one component of the picture: ALL metals are going up because of demand , esp in Chindia. But Gold's particular function now will be to stop the melt-down before it gets too bad.

* China will be worlds No. 1 economy, period. India, probably number 2. US, probably #3.

* Dollar will tank to .52 or lower, but "Plan is in place" to restore it to .72-.82 trading range.

* Bargains will exist in equities sometime, but not now. This is not a time for speculation unless you are a PRO. Time to hunker down with Gold, foreign treasuries.

* Heavy % gold holdings makes sense, but most can't ride the bull because of the volatility. Find your comfort zone. Look for wild swings.

* 1650 is assured, following big battle at 1,000. 1,024 is a significant number on the way.

Not willing to speculate about anything above 1650, preferring to take it one step at a time thereafter. Acknowleges he may be "conservative" at 1,650.

* He recollected how absurd 1650 semmed to many when he was predicting it in an 248 environment.

*Confiscation: doesn't see it.

*Conspiracy Theories: doesn't buy it; believes it is a matter of "keen-minded" fellows taking advantage of stupid people, as per history.

* Gold Silver histoircal ratio: not a reliable indicator. Watch each individually.

* Look at the juniors and choose carefully. "When a junior gets it right, it leaps." Right means "good people and good property." Any other combination spells eventual disaster. Look at geology, frinds of owners developers, other business interests, and browse the principals extensively. Proof is in the people.

*Pressed on advisability of Perth Mint, JS could not recommend it based on opinions of those he trusts. He was not more specific, and only answered the question because asked directly from the floor mike.

*Avoid online gold banks.

* Avoid online , esp. discount brokers.

(from bill cara blog)

I wonder what he includes in online gold banks. GoldMoney and BullionVault are no 'banks'. There is no credit risk or derivatives riskas far as I can see.

They should arrive on thursday or friday. Sonia at coininvestdirect says they come in sheets of 20 rather in a tube. Going to have to figure out how to stash em. :rolleyes:

was a nice price I thought.

Yes it was quite cheap. I dithered as usual and just went for a modest amount. I just picking up bits now from ebay or if there are any other "special offers". Have you got much physical silver & gold? Im about 2/3 physical and 1/3 BV

Oh, and a little bit of UK housing news if I may be so bold.

Abbey National are going demand 10% deposits are reporting that the majority of FTBs are holding off buying regardless. No more, "gotta get on the ladder" nonsense.

http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/mortgage...s_FTB_fears.htm

Saw the headline. Good news. :rolleyes:

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...;postcount=8336

I wonder what he includes in online gold banks. GoldMoney and BullionVault are no 'banks'. There is no credit risk or derivatives riskas far as I can see.

The thing I worry about is that you haven't actually got the gold when its in B.V., just promises and words. What happens if the net goes down? Although it looks safe to me I guess we don't know what the future holds. I would have done better if I had put all my ££ in BV but I think I'm happy with my positions. I might even try and time it so I sell my BV gold and trade it for some physical. Going to wait for the same day bank transfer in May I think.

GF - I was on HPC.co.uk earlier today and someone had asked for your email address (thread was a few months old) on the metals forum.

So I replied saying that if you're looking for Goldfinger, he can be found on <here> and pasted a link.

As soon as I posted, I realised I should have probably mentioned that you are G0ldfinger on GEI, not Goldfinger - immediately clicked 'edit post' and I got a browser error...went back to the metals forum and they has deleted my post AND closed the thread in less than 60 seconds !!!!

I really don't think the mods like you over there !

Oh, and a little bit of UK housing news if I may be so bold.

Abbey National are going demand 10% deposits are reporting that the majority of FTBs are holding off buying regardless. No more, "gotta get on the ladder" nonsense.

http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/mortgage...s_FTB_fears.htm

Err sorry thats off topic. Any more of that & you get banished :rolleyes: hehehe

I have a Silver Jubilee book, an interesting book

In 1930 there was a run on the £ according to it.

Gold soared - by 1932 gold was very valuable - high prices were paid according to it.

This is some elses book on the internet - its the 3rd from the bottom, right hand page

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?a...mp;from=froogle

Heading reads 1932 - "rush to sell old gold"

We are not even at 1930 yet? [i.e no stock crash or sudden run £]. Anyone got a gold chart in £ in the 1930s? $ chart is no good as price was fixed.

i will put up pics of my book at some point....

Yes it was quite cheap. I dithered as usual and just went for a modest amount. I just picking up bits now from ebay or if there are any other "special offers". Have you got much physical silver & gold? Im about 2/3 physical and 1/3 BV

Not as much gold as I would like but I've been concentrating mainly on silver lately. I'm 100% physical but i'm in the process of becoming cap registered on goldmoney.

The thing I worry about is that you haven't actually got the gold when its in B.V., just promises and words. What happens if the net goes down? Although it looks safe to me I guess we don't know what the future holds. I would have done better if I had put all my ££ in BV but I think I'm happy with my positions. I might even try and time it so I sell my BV gold and trade it for some physical. Going to wait for the same day bank transfer in May I think.

This was always my concern and it kept me from investing for a while. I suppose in the end though it's no different from any other online investment. In fact, it's also true whenever you hand your money to any institution. I guess Captain Darling aint likely to bail out BV like he did NR though.

The only way to be entirely confident is to hold physical, but that in itself brings concerns.

Not as much gold as I would like but I've been concentrating mainly on silver lately. I'm 100% physical but I'm in the process of becoming cap registered on goldmoney.

You prefer goldmoney as they do silver? What do you think about BV?

You prefer goldmoney as they do silver? What do you think about BV?

BV seems fine also but I worry about the fact that selling the gold would require the funds to pass through another financial institution, as with goldmoney.

I'd use BV or goldmoney just to kind of quickly trade in and out but I prefer to actually own the stuff directly.

GF - I was on HPC.co.uk earlier today and someone had asked for your email address (thread was a few months old) on the metals forum.

So I replied saying that if you're looking for Goldfinger, he can be found on <here> and pasted a link.

As soon as I posted, I realised I should have probably mentioned that you are G0ldfinger on GEI, not Goldfinger - immediately clicked 'edit post' and I got a browser error...went back to the metals forum and they has deleted my post AND closed the thread in less than 60 seconds !!!!

Not only do they not like GF, they do not like Gold at all. A good moderator should very rarely be seen or heard - they certainly should NOT be spreading their VI garbage on all the threads - look at the HPC metals thread 'moderators' - look at the numpties in charge of moderating the metals forum, you could not make it up!

Metals

Gold, Silver, Platinum etc

Forum Led by: Fancypants, Bart of Darkness, muttley

edit to add

they are afraid of a mass exodus if this site's url is posted at hpc

This is seriously ridiculous. I've done no more than basically saying I wouldn't like where the thread got moved to, the thread would be generally unwanted by the mods, and I would think it was time to move on.

I really hope they wisen up over there at some stage. :rolleyes: