• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Please no rockets... they are like GEI's version of the RBCI.

;)

Hence the choice of Ariane 5 to hopefully offset the RB indicator effect.

EDIT:- To be more accurate it was the super-drooper ECA version I was referring to.

£9 short of £900, looking strong today :lol:

What is causing this current weakness in the £ ???

We had 1.60 all last week, but now down to 1.55

Market makers PUMPING and DUMPING.

At least today was a true reflection of the AWFUL FUNDAMENTALS.

Stock markets going down.

Au going up.

CID now paying above spot to buy back most 1oz coins

The revamped site is causing me problems - the pull-down menus are not where they seem to be (farther to the right of the actual menu) and I had to delete their cookie to let me get back on the site - perhaps they don't want any business!

Goldfinger.....I am after some advice. I remember reading one of your posts saying that you use a SIPP to invest your physical bullion in. I have just reviewed a pension fund that I hold from a previous employer and it has grown by a pultry 5% in the last 4 years! I have decided to take the cash out as I am constrained by the funds I can invest in and stick it in to gold and silver averaging in over 12 months.

Can you let me know who your SIPP provider is and how you go about holding physical gold and silver in a sipp? Also do you store in a safety deposit box, use bullionvault etc or store at home?

I could just take the easy route and buy etf's but that would be potentially more risky....

Thanks.

Goldfinger.....I am after some advice. I remember reading one of your posts saying that you use a SIPP to invest your physical bullion in. I have just reviewed a pension fund that I hold from a previous employer and it has grown by a pultry 5% in the last 4 years! I have decided to take the cash out as I am constrained by the funds I can invest in and stick it in to gold and silver averaging in over 12 months.

Can you let me know who your SIPP provider is and how you go about holding physical gold and silver in a sipp? Also do you store in a safety deposit box, use bullionvault etc or store at home?

I could just take the easy route and buy etf's but that would be potentially more risky....

Thanks.

I think there are people on here who know more about it than me. Generally, you can hold gold in a SIPP through e.g. BullionVault or GoldMoney. I don't think they let you store it at home! You need a SIPP administrator. You can find some through GM's and BV's pages AFAIK:

http://goldmoney.com/de/gold-sipp.html

http://www.goldsipp.com/bullionvault_sipps.do

Mumbai: Gold benchmark futures on Wednesday struck a record high of Rs. 20,625 per 10 grams, tracking firm global markets. Analysts expect the rally to continue and breach Rs. 21,000 in coming sessions.

At 10:40am, the contract was at Rs. 20,589, up 0.25% after gaining 1.3% in the previous three sessions. The earlier record of 20,624 was hit on Tuesday.

“Gold is expected to trade positive due to continuing debt problems in Europe, and may witness Rs. 21,000 by end of the week,” said Pranav Mer, senior analyst with Mangal Keshav Commodities.

http://www.livemint.com/2010/12/01101600/G...igh-Rs-210.html

SINGAPORE, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Gold held near its highest in

more than two weeks on Wednesday as growing fears about

Portugal's debt pummeled the euro, sending bullion priced in

the single currency to a record high.

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesN...E6N102D20101201

Perhaps USD holders should take advantage of these "low" dollar prices.

...or perhaps not. DYODD.

Perhaps USD holders should take advantage of these "low" dollar prices.

Did that a couple of years ago, and put near 60% of my worth into bullion. No more buying gold for me. But it certainly would make sense for dollar holders to buy gold even at these current seemingly lofty prices... that is, if they didn't own any, or much.

Dollars are good for a hedge, ie in case you're completely wrong about everything [always possible], or then to trade against the volatility in something like silver in order to keep the hedge balanced against bullion... I'll get it right one day... :lol:

China approves first gold fund <_<

SHANGHAI - "China approved the country's first mutual fund that bets on gold prices, as inflation fears fuel demand for the precious metal.

Lion Fund Management Co said on Monday that it won approval from the China Securities Regulatory Commission to launch the Lion Global Gold Fund, which invests in gold-backed exchange traded funds (ETFs) overseas."

Taking advantage of rising interest in gold, fund managers are racing to roll out gold funds.

E Fund Management Co, another fund house, is also waiting for regulatory approval to launch a gold fund under the QDII scheme

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2010...nt_11628740.htm

Coming soon: the loud thud of a gold bust

http://blogs.reuters.com/deep-pocket/2010/...of-a-gold-bust/

Some time in the future the price of gold will crash and it won’t have a fairy-tale ending for the millions of investors who piled on in recent months.

If I could tell you when gold was going to bust, I’d likely be wrong or bigger than Warren Buffett, so I won’t even try. Just be incredibly cautious now. There are too many signs that gold is frothier than a Starbucks cappuccino.

It’s not that I don’t nod in agreement when gold bugs rant about why their metal holds a special value now. The dollar is in deep trouble as the U.S. sinks deeper into debt. Will Portugal and Spain be the next Ireland on the bailout boulevard? Ben Bernanke may not be able to put a dent in U.S. unemployment or the intractable housing crisis.

And yes, I also know the argument on how gold is nowhere near its inflation-adjusted equivalent of its high in January, 1980. According to the Leuthold Group, gold will have to hit $2,400 an ounce to match the $850 high mark it hit in 1980 in real terms. That doesn’t mean it will, of course.

New all time highs in currencies important to many/most of us, but still a lot of bearishness around, in particular the Dr. I'd say gold is still climbing the wall of worry here, as it has for a very long time.

I'm undecided if I want the price to go up or down here.

Thing is, I don't want to be competing with the hordes on my fossicking expedition to the Southern Alps. :rolleyes: