a news paper tells you what happened in the past. it doesnt proof what will happen in the future.

It's late fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in British Columbia asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribal community that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the Environment Canada National Weather Service and asked, 'Is the coming winter going to be cold?'

'It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold,' the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later, he called Environment Canada 's National Weather Service again.

'Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?'

'Yes,' the man at National Weather Service again replied, 'it's going to be a very cold winter.'

The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, the chief called Environment Canada 's National Weather Service again. 'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?'

'Absolutely,' the man replied. 'It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we've ever seen.'

'How can you be so sure?' the chief asked.

The weatherman replied, 'The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy.'

Remember this whenever you get advice from a government official! OR NEWSPAPERS.!!!! :lol::lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

A normal trading day :blink: on the CONmex. :rolleyes:

Can you see it, can you see it YET.This is beyond a joke.PLEASE.!!!!!!

Here is some hard evidence of the systemic afternoon CRIMEX smackdown:

http://gold.approximity.com/since2006/Gold_USD_PMAM.html

Gold_USD_PMAM.png

http://gold.approximity.com/since2006/Gold_USD_AMPM.html

Gold_USD_AMPM.png

gold in msm

sound advice but who's listening some of the comments are unbelievable

looks like majority still have their heads buried deep in sands

You're insane if you don't own gold, investors told

Robin Griffiths, a technical strategist at Cazenove Capital, told CNBC: "I think not owning gold is a form of insanity. It may even show unhealthy masochistic tendencies, which might need medical attention."

He added that the dollar was heading for "oblivion".

Mr Griffiths predicted that gold's 10-year bull run would continue and even intensify. "Although it's been a top performer for each of the last 10 years, it's still in a linear trend," he said. "Eventually it will go exponential and make more in the last little bit than the whole of the 10-year trend."

He said investors should regard any short-term falls in the gold price as a buying opportunity, adding that gold was still not an "over-owned trade".

His comments come against the background of the US Federal Reserve's huge monetary stimulus from quantitative easing, which many believe will result in inflation and a fall in the value of the dollar.

"The downward trend in the dollar is awesomely powerful," Mr Griffiths said. "It's vital to get yourself out of the dollar long-term on any significant rally. Continuing to own a currency that is going to be printed virtually into oblivion – that's the official policy – is crazy."

He added: "Real assets hedge paper money being printed into oblivion, so you've got to own gold and you've got to own other commodity-related investments still."

Gold hit an all-time high of $1,432 last month and is currently trading around $1,375.

Meanwhile, the gold price would have to exceed $2,000 for the metal to be considered in a bubble, according to an analyst at Deutsche Bank. "We believe gold will continue to compete aggressively for investment capital," said Michael Lewis in a report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...stors-told.html

It's late fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in British Columbia asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribal community that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the Environment Canada National Weather Service and asked, 'Is the coming winter going to be cold?'

'It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold,' the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later, he called Environment Canada 's National Weather Service again.

'Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?'

'Yes,' the man at National Weather Service again replied, 'it's going to be a very cold winter.'

The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, the chief called Environment Canada 's National Weather Service again. 'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?'

'Absolutely,' the man replied. 'It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we've ever seen.'

'How can you be so sure?' the chief asked.

The weatherman replied, 'The Indians are collecting firewood like crazy.'

Remember this whenever you get advice from a government official! OR NEWSPAPERS.!!!! :lol::lol:

gf reads the daily sport and now he knows the future :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know we've seen the "sell your gold" adverts everywhere, but I just saw a place in on a typical London high street advertising "drop-in gold purchase" facility along with a big graph showing gold climbing ever upwards; Another sign of gold investments hitting the mainstream? I was a bit surprised as I thought the only gold adverts on the high street were places trying to buy gold!

first you said the news paper proves the future now you think it shows the present. it doesnt. it reports the past

You're a wise guy, eh?

But you make one mistake after the other. It was you who used the present time in the original question.

And now you seem to blame me that you did not use the right time.

why is gold better than platinum for money?

Did you go to school or the uni in the UK by any chance?

Edit: I take the question back since I don't want to be controversial.

You're a wise guy, eh?

But you make one mistake after the other. It was you who used the present time in the original question.

And now you seem to blame me that you did not use the right time.

Did you go to school or the uni in the UK by any chance?

Edit: I take the question back since I don't want to be controversial.

not the blank one. the one before the blank one where i said... there is nothing wrong with my question and other people answered it. you talked about the past and then claimed you know the future thanks to news papers. my post was about the present as you noticed. now you are sulking cos you made a poor point and i told you it was poor. and now your deleting my posts so you can win. if i am stupid why are you scared and deleting posts

not the blank one. the one before the blank one where i said... there is nothing wrong with my question and other people answered it. you talked about the past and then claimed you know the future thanks to news papers. my post was about the present as you noticed. now you are sulking cos you made a poor point and i told you it was poor. and now your deleting my posts so you can win. if i am stupid why are you scared and deleting posts

I did not delete anything. So, better get your computer skills sorted (besides the use of times).

You asked why IS gold money.

I said because it has been for 6,000 years.

Then you said only because people have done bad things during the past 6,000 years it wouldn't mean that you personally would do so in the future.

With that statement you suddenly changed the time in question from present to future, so you made a first mistake.

The second, logical, mistake was of course that it doesn't matter at all what you in particular will do.

But I granted you the mistake and explained in laymen's term that something humanity has done for 6,000 years it won't drop that easily (even in the future), and pointed to the fact ("newspaper") that in the case of people doing bad things, it was still going on and that there was no evidence whatsoever that the doing of bad things would stop.

Then you apparently really wanted to start counting beans, by pointing out that a newspaper reports news of the (immediate) past.

This however, I pointed out, was a pretty weak argument as the newspaper is clear evidence that bad things are still going on in the world and that there is no evidence that this will stop anytime soon.

Your arguments make no sense.

Anyway, why do you worry about gold if you can invest in facebook? Or, instead, you could go and start shorting stocks of securities firms and military equipment. I heard the Earth will be an entirely peaceful and safe place from now on.

1. I did not delete anything.

2. So, better get your computer skills sorted (besides the use of times).

3. You asked why IS gold money.

4. I said because it has been for 6,000 years.

5. Then you said only because people have done bad things during the past 6,000 years it wouldn't mean that you personally would do so in the future.

6. With that statement you suddenly changed the time in question from present to future, so you made a first mistake.

7. The second, logical, mistake was of course that it doesn't matter at all what you in particular will do.

8. But I granted you the mistake and explained in laymen's term that something humanity has done for 6,000 years it won't drop that easily (even in the future), and pointed to the fact ("newspaper") that in the case of people doing bad things, it was still going on and that there was no evidence whatsoever that the doing of bad things would stop.

9. Then you apparently really wanted to start counting beans, by pointing out that a newspaper reports news of the (immediate) past.

10. This however, I pointed out, was a pretty weak argument as the newspaper is clear evidence that bad things are still going on in the world and that there is no evidence that this will stop anytime soon.

11. Your arguments make no sense.

1. i didn't delete it and warpig was the only other person here. did warpig delete it?

2. you are threatening me and i will report you. you created a problem because i said your point was poor and you keep making the problem bigger.

3. NO i didnt. look at #25774, 25775, 25776. youve made up a question

4. and then you didnt answer it. your telling me about the past when you can see i am asking you about the present

5. i didnt say me personally.

6. you changed the time in question when you said "continue to do so". 'continuing' is a future act!. then you said a newspaper was proof for this future

7. i know. i didnt make the mistake. you made it up and then blamed me for it

8. you didnt grant me the mistake. you made it up and said i made it. what youve written above isnt what you wrote in post 25794. i might of understood your post if your wrote that first time or wrote it later. instead youve set out to attack me and threaten me. you can think i am stupid if you want but you must know that other people can look up the page at the post numbers i am writing and see you are making things up - thats probably why someone who is not you deleted my post

9. bean counting? what does that mean? i didn't become an accountant in the thread.

10. again you have posted information for the first time and if you wrote that first before threatening me i might of understood.

11. if my argument made no sense to you you would ignore it. you can see that i have pwooned you and now you are scared of me. thats why some one who is not you deleted my post and then you started making things up. do you know you have forgotten to change all the posts to match your argument? all the posts are there to be seen. you are making things up and threatening me.

1. i didn't delete it and warpig was the only other person here. did warpig delete it?

2. you are threatening me and i will report you. you created a problem because i said your point was poor and you keep making the problem bigger.

3. NO i didnt. look at #25774, 25775, 25776. youve made up a question

4. and then you didnt answer it. your telling me about the past when you can see i am asking you about the present

5. i didnt say me personally.

6. you changed the time in question when you said "continue to do so". 'continuing' is a future act!. then you said a newspaper was proof for this future

7. i know. i didnt make the mistake. you made it up and then blamed me for it

8. you didnt grant me the mistake. you made it up and said i made it. what youve written above isnt what you wrote in post 25794. i might of understood your post if your wrote that first time or wrote it later. instead youve set out to attack me and threaten me. you can think i am stupid if you want but you must know that other people can look up the page at the post numbers i am writing and see you are making things up - thats probably why someone who is not you deleted my post

9. bean counting? what does that mean? i didn't become an accountant in the thread.

10. again you have posted information for the first time and if you wrote that first before threatening me i might of understood.

11. if my argument made no sense to you you would ignore it. you can see that i have pwooned you and now you are scared of me. thats why some one who is not you deleted my post and then you started making things up. do you know you have forgotten to change all the posts to match your argument? all the posts are there to be seen. you are making things up and threatening me.

Boring troll

Why waste your time Goldfinger?

I did not delete anything. So, better get your computer skills sorted (besides the use of times).

You asked why IS gold money.

I said because it has been for 6,000 years.

Then you said only because people have done bad things during the past 6,000 years it wouldn't mean that you personally would do so in the future.

With that statement you suddenly changed the time in question from present to future, so you made a first mistake.

The second, logical, mistake was of course that it doesn't matter at all what you in particular will do.

But I granted you the mistake and explained in laymen's term that something humanity has done for 6,000 years it won't drop that easily (even in the future), and pointed to the fact ("newspaper") that in the case of people doing bad things, it was still going on and that there was no evidence whatsoever that the doing of bad things would stop.

Then you apparently really wanted to start counting beans, by pointing out that a newspaper reports news of the (immediate) past.

This however, I pointed out, was a pretty weak argument as the newspaper is clear evidence that bad things are still going on in the world and that there is no evidence that this will stop anytime soon.

Your arguments make no sense.

Crush your posts are totally unproductive and are tying up the time and vast informative knowledge and opinions of one of if not the BEST poster on GEI so give GF some respect which he outsatandingly deserves and wind your neck in.PLEASE

P.S i am no fan of gf he has banned me more than any other mod on here but you cant knock the quality and content of his posts.

Anyone with any sense, yes. After what has happened in the last 3 years I fail to see how one could have any other mindset.
Nice. Are we all, in general, of an anti-establishment mindset?

Listen to one of eustice mullins last interviews and he could certainly challenge your love for our big beautiful governments.

This is part one of 18 videos just follow the links for the whole interview at the you tube page.

Crush your posts are totally unproductive and are tying up the time and vast informative knowledge and opinions of one of if not the BEST poster on GEI so give GF some respect which he outsatandingly deserves and wind your neck in.PLEASE

P.S i am no fan of gf he has banned me more than any other mod on here but you cant knock the quality and content of his posts.

hello fitkid. he chooses to respond. i don't force him so its not really my fault if he gets tied up. if you don't mind i don't want to respect him cos hes making things up about me. I didnt ask him "why is gold money". I asked "why is gold better than platinum for money". i wasnt even asking gf, i asked another poster who choose to ignore me - thats fine. if gf ignores me i will stop responding. if he makes things up about me and threatens me and talks down to me i will respond and defend myself. as a mod he was nice to me before. as a poster hes been the most unkind person here. thank you for the way you have worded your post. you could have been like nigel w***son but you havent so thank you

hello fitkid. he chooses to respond. i don't force him so its not really my fault if he gets tied up. if you don't mind i don't want to respect him cos hes making things up about me. I didnt ask him "why is gold money". I asked "why is gold better than platinum for money". i wasnt even asking gf, i asked another poster who choose to ignore me - thats fine. if gf ignores me i will stop responding. if he makes things up about me and threatens me and talks down to me i will respond and defend myself. as a mod he was nice to me before. as a poster hes been the most unkind person here. thank you for the way you have worded your post. you could have been like nigel w***son but you havent so thank you

Crush you question ref platinum is genuine and i was asked exactly the same question in person only yesterday.I can see you are relatively new to this topic/information so would respectfully direct you to the vast information that is contained from the beginning of this thread which once you have read and digested all of the same should answer your question fully.But like all things in life as pointed out by the very wise and learned schaubulin in the civil liberties thread your life experiences and education could lead you to determine different conclusions to the very same information seen by others.

That is life BUT REMEMBER

"THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN" including platinum. ;)

"THE MORE WE CHANGE THE MORE WE STAY THE SAME" :o