I have still over 50% of my SIPP money to invest. It would be great to get a 7xx price, but I just can't see it.

I am tempted in buying some more after about a year on the side lines. Was offered a ten tola bar (3.75 troy ounces) for £2800... seems like a good deal and through a good source, although i've never bought a tola bar before. Anyone bought in this measure of weight before?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Birth of Britain

Season 1 Episode 3 of 3

Tony Robinson goes in search of the UK's gold, visiting mines in Wales and Northern Ireland, and trying his hand at panning for the precious metal in Scotland. He also explores the geological events that came together to produce the deposits. Last in the series.

Documentary

Channel 4 8:00pm-9:00pm (1 hour ) Mon 31 Jan

Its very interesting, thanks.

Birth of Britain

Season 1 Episode 3 of 3

Tony Robinson goes in search of the UK's gold, visiting mines in Wales and Northern Ireland, and trying his hand at panning for the precious metal in Scotland. He also explores the geological events that came together to produce the deposits. Last in the series.

Documentary

Watching now.

Years ago you wouldnt see this on tv at all. Every time he says Gold I get a warm feeling inside :P

Birth of Britain

Season 1 Episode 3 of 3

Documentary

Watch it here on 4oD

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/birth-o...ain/4od#3157803

I haven't look at this chart for a while - Gold-in-Euros

goldineuros2.png

It is now BELOW the level of late August - What happened to the second half Gold rally ??

The dip may be over, but I would prefer to bet on a RETEST or lower

Yeah. I was so very tempted to swap some silver for gold thinking this is the 'correction' but it didn't materialise. I think there still is bit of downside left to go - perhaps more sideways than down - if you measure your PMs in dollars. Though i'll take another look at around the 35:1 mark ;)

I have still over 50% of my SIPP money to invest. It would be great to get a 7xx price, but I just can't see it.

At sub 800 I would be buying with both hands too but I can't really see that happening either.

At 824 I got the same feeling as I had at 750 in Aug 2010 and 569 in July 2009... time will tell...

Anybody want to give me some odds on XAUGBP not going below 780?

I bought some bullion today.

I bought some gold etf's today, but didn't load up. The overbought spx is likely to weigh on gold even down at the 200dma and we may see gold temporarily fall below the 200dma during the pull back of the spx. I think silver could get hammered.

I loaded up heavily at the end of last week.

I have 50% left to invest of the total that I want to in gold. , but want to see if Gold in GBP holds above the 233 dma at around £818. There seems to be some consolidation in the 820s to 830s going on.

I would worry if it gold drops through 810 as the next stop down is mid 750s.

(hence keeping back 50% etc.)

Ah, found it. I thought 168 was the number.

Redraw it with the 168 DMA. It is slightly lower only. That's every time the Chinese get lucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology#Chinese_numerology

168 — road of prosperity or to be prosperous together literal translation is "continuing to be wealthy"— many premium-pay telephone numbers in China begin with this number. It is also the name of a motel chain in China (Motel 168).

Now enjoy a chart

sc3rz.png