• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Oh please... When have you ever been right?

I save your predictions because they are so ridiculous I can only assume you're having a joke with us all... :)

Here's my favorite chart of yours. Good luck with your shorts. Be careful you don't have to eat them!

4083004084_3bcd86e258.jpg

Hi again folks,

good setup to short gold right now:

http://seekingalpha....h-setup-is-here

p.s.

I see you have got new design of the website, cool!

Monday lift off is now assured.

Thanks ker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are so right, he does seem to turn up with these forecasts just before lift off. Rockets at the ready. cool.gif

Turk remarked, “Eric I have really been focusing a lot on what central banks are doing and how their actions might be impacting my long-standing forecast for the price of gold. You probably know back in 2003 I stated in a Barron’s interview that the Dow/Gold ratio would be 1 to 1 again sometime between 2013 and 2015. My thinking had been that gold would be $8,000 and the Dow would be 8,000, but now my thinking has changed.”

“I think that my gold forecast was too conservative. Given the way central banks are printing money when they are buying government debt, I think the 1 to 1 ratio is going to be reached at a much higher price.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/3/8_James_Turk_-_Forget_$8,000,_Gold_Headed_Much_Higher.html

It seems an opportunity for some cheaper gold is coming up. :)

And maybe an opportunity to capitalise on Golds rise to help in rebuilding a nation??

How easy would it be to arrange methods of selling a large amount of gold as a one off that did not depress the price while the sale was in progress? Can it be done?

Tremendous pressure on the PPT to sit on gold and silver right now. Can they do it? Or will demand blow them out of the water. We will know in these next 48 hours....

gold.gif

Looks like those puts that I bought to hedge my GLD bulls spreads might payoff afterall

...lurker popping his head up...

The Mrs pointed this out today from a popular London freebie magazine, mainly focused on womens style and fashion.

http://www.stylist.co.uk/life/list/1028/what-to-invest-in-1000-or-more-per-month

Media phase setting in? Anyway, I'm sure it attracted at least a little 'watercooler' chat throughout the capital!

Good find, it's more mainstream all the time.

...lurker popping his head up...

The Mrs pointed this out today from a popular London freebie magazine, mainly focused on womens style and fashion.

http://www.stylist.c...-more-per-month

Media phase setting in? Anyway, I'm sure it attracted at least a little 'watercooler' chat throughout the capital!

GF, a favour please? Can you point me towards the Gold/MZM chart you use or have please. Struggling to find it on gold approxmity.

This one here? http://gold.approximity.com/since1959/Gold_Price_to_MZM_Equilibrium_Price.html

Here is an explanation of what it shows: http://gold.approximity.com/gold_price_model.html

Gold_Price_to_MZM_Equilibrium_Price.png

Pixel8r over time this chart has become more and more impressive.

If I may ask, how did you calculate where to place the horizontal lines ?

Are they based on a percentage gain from the preceding peak ?

Here is a previous explanation;

R2-R1=G1 R3-R2=G2

G2 - G1 / G1 X 100 = % Gain (Value - Cost / Cost X 100 = % Gain)

So to work out R4 I took R3 and added the % Gain.

I hope that makes sense. I actually think that R4 is going to be broken very soon, Manipulation in the market by the bullion banks is going to make TA useless.

I truly think the gold cartel and bullion banks have made such an obvious pattern to make people sell when the line was reached. I think they are just trying to clear out all the small fry so that they can make all the money for themselves.

Buy & hold ignore the daily noise.

20101217-c4xqrh1wx5459rn5cnqsps8ebj.jpg

Here is a previous explanation;

R2-R1=G1 R3-R2=G2

G2 - G1 / G1 X 100 = % Gain (Value - Cost / Cost X 100 = % Gain)

So to work out R4 I took R3 and added the % Gain.

I hope that makes sense. I actually think that R4 is going to be broken very soon, Manipulation in the market by the bullion banks is going to make TA useless.

I truly think the gold cartel and bullion banks have made such an obvious pattern to make people sell when the line was reached. I think they are just trying to clear out all the small fry so that they can make all the money for themselves.

Buy & hold ignore the daily noise.

20101217-c4xqrh1wx5459rn5cnqsps8ebj.jpg

Nice chart Pix. Would you be able to reporduce that with some moving averages? Say 50, 76, 144, 200, and 252?

From the Telegraph ...

"Cash machines across Tokyo are shutting down, reportedly caused by the sudden increase in withdrawals. The price of gold has jumped by $2 an ounce in the city ... The cash machine problems in Tokyo have been confirmed by Mizuho bank. A spokesman said it was due to a concentration of transactions at some unidentified branches. Thousands of ATMs were affected, some went down twice in a day, others refused to give out foreign currency. It is unclear whether Mizuho was the only bank with the issue."

A sad reminder why you should hold some physical gold.

Nice chart Pix. Would you be able to reporduce that with some moving averages? Say 50, 76, 144, 200, and 252?

I will see what I can do tonight.

I will see what I can do tonight.

Thanks for the explanation........... :)

I was going to rudely ask if you could redraw your chart with the next Pixel8r 'R5' line on it.

I would print that one out and blue tack it to my office wall............... :)

Where would you place the green circle on the 'R4' line ?