• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I am sort of hoping that we will see a massive move in Gold similar to what we have seen in silver this year. Cant quantify it so no charts or anything.........just a pair of crossed fingers!

The pattern we have seen in the gold price over the last month or so tells us that it is preparing for a massive move. Whether up or down ... time will tell.

Yeah, we seem to be tracing out an inverse head and shoulders and we all know what happened after the one in '08.

20110326-x28a8gea8hmf3h21p5ag6q6bhx.jpg

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/001f816c-5859-11e0-9b8a-00144feab49a.html

Not sure I dare quote anything from an FT article?

This is John Dizard with tales of 'his' Swiss refiner's current core business, & a certain lack of trust in banks, govts., & institutions.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/001f816c-5859-11e0-9b8a-00144feab49a.html

Not sure I dare quote anything from an FT article?

This is John Dizard with tales of 'his' Swiss refiner's current core business, & a certain lack of trust in banks, govts., & institutions.

For those that don't have FT subscription, google news:

"Melting gold market is a hot issue"

The pattern we have seen in the gold price over the last month or so tells us that it is preparing for a massive move. Whether up or down ... time will tell.

The Feds are signalling they are going to normalise the balance sheet prior to small interest rate rises, where they say QE was only an extension of interest rate policy once zero was reached.

They have already announced they will sell off the less than 300B of agency mortgage backed securities still on the books and presumably buy treasuries to replace.

Possibly QE2 will be cut short and after a short period maturing treasuries will result in reserve 'distruction' as banks use reserves, and via customers use reserves, to buy new US treasuries where the reserves return to the fed via maturities and the balance sheet reduces.

There is no economic purpose served by the trillions of reserves in the banking system and there removal with have little economic purpose other than to raise the federal funds rate.

This change in policy could be well in place by the end of this year.

From the Frizzer thread:

[ramble] I was speaking to a very good friend of mine over the weekend who I consider a very intelligent individual, in fact even if I consider it so or not, he IS a very intelligent individual by virtue of his academic and indeed career (IT) track record. At 38 he is the same age as me and therefore of my generation having grown up with many of the same lower middle class cultural influences. Now I have applied for over a year now a self imposed ban on ever raising the subject of precious metal and related investing in conversation, and will only ever now even discuss it if someone directly asks me about my thoughts on where to be invested and I believe they are actually interested in a proper conversation rather than something they not really going to listen to.

Well after a well lubricated afternoon in a London Bridge pub he asked the question, "how are those investments of yours doing these days?". We have discussed my views on gold, and silver, a few times before but he still maintains I have never convinced him of a single good reason for the case of gold ! So maybe in this particular instance I'm the problem , perhaps I can't articulate it, ( I was pretty hosed up!); but I don’t think so. Over the course of about another hour covered many of the fundamentals, supply and demand, past and future debt crises and the monetary response, the bull market technicals, long term cycles and trends and the historic facts of repeating ratios and trends, the psychology of markets, gold as money, 3000 years of history vs 70 years of fiat experiment and so on. And we discussed it all.

And nothing seemingly can convince him. Yet he accepts I might be right on “rising gold prices” (which by the way I emplored him to see as falling fiat money values), but in a way that somone would accept there is a 50:50 chance of a coin coming up heads if you tossed it… And the over arching basis to his thinking seems to be that fiat moneys are the way to measure the value of assets and the sovereign economies those currencies mainly operate in. In other words I see the situation as him being massively culturally wedded to fiat monies and incapable of seeing a reality, which I have explained to him is my reality, where individuals should be far more comfortable measuring the real value of things in gold and silver ounces.

On the other hand, 3 other people who before my self imposed ban and during (on request only) I had previously discussed PM’s with have unprompted mentioned how well gold had performed recently and how I was a “lucky ba**ard”.

What I take from this is that I think some people will actually be more easily convinced than others by a record of “rising PM prices” and quite soon, but that it is in others the cultural complacency and blindness to the flaws of fiat currency that must be overturned by an epiphany before they will be convinced of the truth that is the devaluation of fiat currency, and for them it may sadly come too late. For me it wasn’t 7 years of “price rises” that made me buy metals just blindly jumping in; I do actually consider myself “lucky” that in 2007 I had the epiphany of what gold is and woke up from “the matrix” of the fiat system, as otherwise I could have been in that latter camp of those for which I think it will eventually be too late.

I think $1500 / £1000 gold will be very important in terms of a sustained increased awareness amongst those who will respond to sustained “price rises” rather than truly understanding fiat devaluation. Yet I am fairly convinced we will have one major pullback soon before prices are above those levels permanently [/ramble]

And nothing seemingly can convince him. Yet he accepts I might be right on “rising gold prices” (which by the way I emplored him to see as falling fiat money values), but in a way that somone would accept there is a 50:50 chance of a coin coming up heads if you tossed it… And the over arching basis to his thinking seems to be that fiat moneys are the way to measure the value of assets and the sovereign economies those currencies mainly operate in. In other words I see the situation as him being massively culturally wedded to fiat monies and incapable of seeing a reality, which I have explained to him is my reality, where individuals should be far more comfortable measuring the real value of things in gold and silver ounces.

This applies to a vast majority of people IMHO. Measuring value in terms of the local fiat currency is so engrained in people, they will not understand what is happening until it will be way too late. This even applies to some people who I know who are or have been invested in PMs. They still don't get it.

This applies to a vast majority of people IMHO. Measuring value in terms of the local fiat currency is so engrained in people, they will not understand what is happening until it will be way too late. This even applies to some people who I know who are or have been invested in PMs. They still don't get it.

Totally. Your post and Dooferdog's post sum up my experiences too. Everyone will one day walk on this gold trail. Some sooner. Some later. But walk, they will.

It could be a good time to get in now at the end of the quarter, when hedgies are selling to square books etc. Come April, everyone might be piling back in. (Inspired by a Dan Norcini comment...)

I still have another 20% of my SIPP to commit. The naysayers' "correction" never really came ("duh...winning!").

China, now the largest producer of gold in the world is seeing its gold mines struggle to cater for surging Chinese demand.

Gold now guaranteed to crash.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/massive-raw-gold-shortage-china-supply-and-demand-crunch-looms

Most nonsensical vid have watched in ages - a lot of talk about 'raw' gold. Don't they know that uncooked gold cannot be eaten? One guy is described as a 'raw raw' dealer complaining he cannot get enough of the raw stuff :lol: Mention, of I think, 20 000 and 50 000 tonnes being needed this year - if that were KG it may make some sense.

Edit:

Your mission is to produce a short video to attempt to persuade the sheeple that gold is in a bubble. To amuse yourself, you may incorporate nonsensical terms and ludicrous numbers. If the video clip is acceptable to us, you will be paid 10 000 tonnes of raw raw.

Your mission is to produce a short video to attempt to persuade the sheeple that gold is in a bubble. To amuse yourself, you may incorporate nonsensical terms and ludicrous numbers.

This reminds of that tragic time when the Romans decided to create a fake market for the menhirs made by Obelix in an attempt to overheat the Gaul economy.

It's so well documented considering how long ago it was.

One day I might discover why this reminds of that tragic time when the Romans decided to create a fake market for the menhirs made by Obelix in an attempt to overheat the Gaul economy.

ERROL YOUR DAILY SWINGS HAVE STARTED.!!

$10-$15 a day at the momment roll on the $100 daily swings

goldmarch11.gif

Good to see you are wide awake GF.

It must have been the living legend that is ALK that shook you in your boots whith his "WAKE UP MAN" rant.

Dont you just love that guy.

I mean to have an EXPERT in the sexual and mating biology of frogs on GEI is a major coo for all peruses of this financial investor's board.

I love his position in HARD paper asset's I wonder wether that investment philosophy was devised while he was watching his frogs sh##gging.