Jim Sinclair Will Speak at GATA’s Gold Rush 2011 Conference in London

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

Gold mining entrepreneur Jim Sinclair — chairman of Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corp., veteran gold and commodities trader, and proprietor of the free Internet site of financial market information for the gold community, JSMineSet.com — will speak at GATA’s Gold Rush 2011 conference in London on August 4-6.

For a decade now Sinclair has fearlessly and steadfastly predicted gold’s ascent against the forces of price suppression and market propaganda, and he repeatedly has put his money where his mouth is in pursuit of gold’s renewed recognition as the international currency. Back in 2004, as gold climbed its wall of worry to reach $400 per ounce, Sinclair arranged for his readers what might have been called the "Sinclair put" on the purchase of 1-ounce Vienna Philharmonic gold bullion coins from Monex Precious Metals in Newport Beach, California. If gold still wasn’t above $400 a year hence, Sinclair pledged, he would buy the coins at that price from any disappointed reader. Emboldened by the Sinclair put, your secretary/treasurer bought 10 such coins — and, of course, along with other Sinclair readers, wishes he had bought more. But that is only a part of the gold community’s debt to Sinclair.

Anyone know how to get tickets?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Here you are Crush

prod_valium.gif

I notice not one guy has rushed to CTR's aid.

I'm assuming his suffering is due to a gold/silver portfolio imbalance

I notice not one guy has rushed to CTR's aid.

I'm assuming his suffering is due to a gold/silver portfolio imbalance

Side effects of ETFGLD. Zerohedge recommends laxatives.

This link may be temporary, but newsnight did gold last night:

Newsnight

All in all more balanced than I'd expected, but they had to get the 'it's a bubble' line right in at the start. Oh and that crook Blanchflower still parroting Keynesian claptrap and shilling for Labour. It's going to be a treat watching him implode as things play out over the next decade, his whole belief system is about to come crashing down around his ears.

Following classic contrary style I'd now expect a large correction in the next month or so. All good, as I'd really welcome one last great opportunity to buy.

All in all more balanced than I'd expected, but they had to get the 'it's a bubble' line right in at the start.

The 'experts' have been calling a bubble since gold hit 400 dollars per ounce. Strange that they never noticed the biggest house price bubble in history. Taking into account risk and inflation I don't see anything I'd like to invest in. Take a look at the divident on stocks

dowdividendyieldhistory.jpg

With inflation, measured using fiddled CPI stats, is four percent. Do I really want to risk my wealth investing in stocks during an inflationary depression? Gilt yields are also about four percent. So if inflation increases I would lose money by buying gilts. European govt bonds yields look good, but I doubt they can afford to pay.

Where should I put my wealth to escape the gold bubble? Any suggestions?

The 'experts' have been calling a bubble since gold hit 400 dollars per ounce. Strange that they never noticed the biggest house price bubble in history.

Taking into account risk and inflation I don't see anything I'd like to invest in. Take a look at the divident on stocks

dowdividendyieldhistory.jpg

With inflation, measured using fiddled CPI stats, is four percent. Do I really want to risk my wealth investing in stocks during an inflationary depression?

Gilt yields are also about four percent. So if inflation increases I would lose money by buying gilts. European govt bonds yields look good, but I doubt they can afford to pay.

Where should I put my wealth to escape the gold bubble? Any suggestions?

It is interesting to contemplate how wealth can be preserved through time against a background of changing technology and shifting geo political power. The most valuable tool is ... yourself! A person's ability to understand what is happening now together with some knowledge of history enables the right decisions to be made.

Buying under-valued assets cheap and swapping them when they become over valued applies to gold just as it does to other things. Given what is coming, gold is still very undervalued.

It is interesting to contemplate how wealth can be preserved through time against a background of changing technology and shifting geo political power. The most valuable tool is ... yourself! A person's ability to understand what is happening now together with some knowledge of history enables the right decisions to be made.

Buying under-valued assets cheap and swapping them when they become over valued applies to gold just as it does to other things. Given what is coming, gold is still very undervalued.

Indeed, but what is the next asset class?

Indeed, but what is the next asset class?

I watch the ratios for signs of relative valuations: gold:Dow, gold:S&P, gold:oil, gold:copper, gold:real estate, these will give us some very important clues.

Many people have their eyes on natural gas, uranium, farmland - and all of these could work.

I would now add foreign stock indicies to the mix: gold:Shanghai, gold: India, gold:Brazil.

I watch the ratios for signs of relative valuations: gold:Dow, gold:S&P, gold:oil, gold:copper, gold:real estate, these will give us some very important clues.

Many people have their eyes on natural gas, uranium, farmland - and all of these could work.

I would now add foreign stock indicies to the mix: gold:Shanghai, gold: India, gold:Brazil.

Thanks for the answer. I quite like farmland as the supermarkets have made it hard to make a profitable farm.Many farmers Ive met have complained about this and some have thrown the towel in. I know an egg farmer and a dairy farmer who recently have done this. How can you sell a farm at a high price if you cant make a living out of it? Jim Sinclair has also recommended this so as to be self sufficient and I am seriously considering it.

Thanks for the answer. I quite like farmland as the supermarkets have made it hard to make a profitable farm.Many farmers Ive met have complained about this and some have thrown the towel in. I know an egg farmer and a dairy farmer who recently have done this. How can you sell a farm at a high price if you cant make a living out of it? Jim Sinclair has also recommended this so as to be self sufficient and I am seriously considering it.

I'd broadly agree, energy and agricultural land. The key question, as always, is at what price?

Timing will be absolutely critical - come inflation or deflation the price paid for assets could vary massively in the space of months. I think the transition from gold could prove to be tricky one, especially as I believe all the ratios we're familiar with are about to go well beyond their historic extremes.

I'd broadly agree, energy and agricultural land. The key question, as always, is at what price?

Timing will be absolutely critical - come inflation or deflation the price paid for assets could vary massively in the space of months. I think the transition from gold could prove to be tricky one, especially as I believe all the ratios we're familiar with are about to go well beyond their historic extremes.

Which ones? Go on, spill!

I'm on holiday in New York. I was a little surprised to see a massive sign covering the entire front of the New York stock exchange building with the words, "The best currencies gold and silver!" It was part of an ad. for www.usgold.com.

I'll post a photo when I can.

Shoeshine moment for certain...sell everything!

Buying a farm that the previous owners found hard to make profitable seems unwise. I dont know what you would do with it until a change in the cycle comes and makes farming more profitable and the business of higher value.

Buying a farm that the previous owners found hard to make profitable seems unwise.

You would need to know the reason why the previous owners found it hard to make it profitable. For example, maybe they were stuck in their ways and didn't adapt to new markets and/or didn't utilise new technologies.

Many farmers are retiring, I think the average age of a farmer now is about 63. Many dairy farmers are quitting due to poor returns and the need for major capital investment. Minimum slurry storage rules will be enforced in Jan 2012. This covers most of the country which has now been classified as a Nitrate Vulnerable Zone. Those without approximately six months storage will have have to invest (non-existent) capital in order to continue.

I dont know what you would do with it until a change in the cycle comes and makes farming more profitable and the business of higher value.

I don't think you would really need to do anything with it. It won't go anywhere. Renting the land out to neighbouring farmers would be an option.

I remain optimistic about farming. Maybe I'm just an optimistic person.

pricesf.jpg

(I posted this on the 'Have you bought the farm yet? thread as it was digressing slightly.)