That must be a cool place to be in ! B);)

Hi ML

Its causing me problems to be honest. Havent bought anything since 2009 but I stupidly overinvested and didnt leave a cash buffer in my finances for day to day living expenses. I really, really dont want to sell anything at this stage as i think we are close to a very big move, so i struggle on slightly cash strapped!

Fortunately, the cavalry arrives in 2 months when an insurance policy matures and delivers a tidy sum. I just have to resist the temptation to buy more gold when it arrives!

I have been holding back waiting for £27.50 in Silver and $1350 in gold to make my last purchase with available free capital! :o

The saying "picking up pennies in front of steam rollers" , keeps coming to mind :lol::blink:

Good luck with those targets......I admire your optimism! :D

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I sense 'ERROLS' hundred dollar daily swings nearing.The first big ones could be around the announcement of QE3 and its succesful magical fixing of all the worlds woes.

"BE RIGHT HOLD TIGHT ONTO PHYSICAL" watch the fundamentals as they continue to get worse,whilst 'THE WIZARDS OF OZ's' continue with their ILLUSIONS and MANIPULATION.

Gold within spitting distance of 1000 GBP - probably only take someone to order half a dozen Sovs to take it there.

Happy to oblige... :D

Looks like we have lift off. IF we hold to the close then I reckon we'll get another $100 on top by the end of the week.

Feels good.

Gold within spitting distance of 1000 GBP - probably only take someone to order half a dozen Sovs to take it there.

Or more like a 100 x physical 12 sovereigns in worthless ETF's on the CONmex.This rise is quick and TOTALLY justified by the HORRENDOUS fundamentals and in REALITY should be alot higher but their CONmex is still there EXPECT the UNEXPECTED.

Or more like a 100 x physical 12 sovereigns in worthless ETF's on the CONmex.This rise is quick and TOTALLY justified by the HORRENDOUS fundamentals and in REALITY should be alot higher but their CONmex is still there EXPECT the UNEXPECTED.

Yes, that is right but activity in the real world - of bullion being acquired for fiat and put into storage must affect the CONmex.

Gold looks well poised for highs, according to this sound article:

http://www.kitco.com.../jul112011.html

COT short positions, open interest, public sentiment, and Wall street sentiment indicate a bullish bias.

Poised? It's already at them.

So much for meeting the 144MA line... Sigh... I suppose I've missed my buying opportunity 2 weeks ago and the summer seasonal dip has already occurred :(

And to think a week ago i was in a dealers shop with Au at £923 an Oz and was holding back for the summer low.I am PI**ED OFF and have been constantly aware that things would turn at some point and not stop.I don't think this it that momment YET but who know's for sure.ALL I KNOW IS THAT I'VE GOT A PILE OF TURDLING AND I REALLY DONT WANT TO WIPE MY AR*E WITH IT.!! :(

Yes, that is right but activity in the real world - of bullion being acquired for fiat and put into storage must affect the CONmex.

I've had this conversation several times and i dont see how the real world physical market is really effecting the paper fictitious CONmex.Your thoughts on how the REAL world physical bullion is effecting the CONmex would be greatly appreciated.

I've had this conversation several times and i dont see how the real world physical market is really effecting the paper fictitious CONmex.Your thoughts on how the REAL world physical bullion is effecting the CONmex would be greatly appreciated.

It is unclear to me whether the tail is wagging the dog or the dog wagging its tail but there is no disconnect between paper price and real price at the moment - at least as far as small quantities are concerned ( a side effect of this is that physical gold can still be bought at stupidly low prices). I do not understand the delivery mechanisms regarding the LBMA and do not know what level of fraud is going on at the CONmex but I base my reasoning simply on arbitrage - If physical sales price started to creep above paper price, whatever physical existed in paper markets would leak out into the real world - perhaps it already is.

I keep my eye on CID and similar and ebay and I believe that when a disconnect in price between these real world prices and spot price starts to happen, the spot price will fall quickly - perhaps down to zero as FOFOA has written. That will be an interesting day..

It is unclear to me whether the tail is wagging the dog or the dog wagging its tail but there is no disconnect between paper price and real price at the moment - at least as far as small quantities are concerned ( a side effect of this is that physical gold can still be bought at stupidly low prices). I do not understand the delivery mechanisms regarding the LBMA and do not know what level of fraud is going on at the CONmex but I base my reasoning simply on arbitrage - If physical sales price started to creep above paper price, whatever physical existed in paper markets would leak out into the real world - perhaps it already is.

I keep my eye on CID and similar and ebay and I believe that when a disconnect in price between these real world prices and spot price starts to happen, the spot price will fall quickly - perhaps down to zero as FOFOA has written. That will be an interesting day..

Concur totally ref the BARGAIN prices AMAZINGLY still available for REAL PHYSICAL i talk with whoever wants to listen every day ......thats why i usually end up talking into the mirror. :D

There clearly is fiat rollover incentives on ETF paper contracts at option expiry as high as 25%,that i have seen quoted to keep people from taking physical delivery.

But how someone walking into a bullion dealer and purchasing physical bullion feeds into affecting the CONmex price is where i

cant see the mechanism or correlation.Or even how the Lbma daily fix price would be correlated to this example.

If the metal that most of us purchase is coming from the buying in of gold from the general public and either refined into bars or resold as bullion coins how is the CONmex or LBMA accounting for any of that trade in its QUOTED MARKET PRICES.??

(with apologies for meaning-mangling)

Whereas intelligent(oft-times world-weary) resources self-allocate to the wilderness.

To avoid excessive use of the hyphen, is my excuse. What was yours RH? - Oh yes, panning for gold. You win! :D

A contra-thought within a thought. Would hate to be overly tamed and civilized. B)

An all time high at 1580.

from drbubb's diary

PARABOLIC GOLD ?

30-1.gif

Larry Pesavento on TFNN is talking about the possibility of a Parabolic Move up in Gold:

MP3 : http://www.tigeruniversity.com/mp3/TWS071311.mp3

The sign that the move is underway would be "a $50 move up" in a single day.

If we see a parabolic move, it would "not be the beginning, but the end of Gold's bull move."

He thinks it could be something like we saw when silver went to $50.

"Watch open interest," Pesavento says, if it begins declining sharply on a move up, then it is being driven by short-covering, and then it would likely be followed by a sharp correction.

"Watch open interest," Pesavento says, if it begins declining sharply on a move up, then it is being driven by short-covering, and then it would likely be followed by a sharp correction.

I unexpectedly just had one of those: 'I don't like what was said so I will ask elsewhere', moments.

I unexpectedly just had one of those: 'I don't like what was said so I will ask elsewhere', moments.

Strange really as the margin requirements on gold were actually relaxed when they increased them five times recently on silver. It is almost like they are trying to distract attention away from silver due to lack of supply.

There isn't much chance of gold going parabolic as the cartel seem to always make sure that the 2% rule is stuck to. I do expect gold break the 2% rule on the day that the next round of financial stimulus is actually announced, but not to go parabolic.

This chart of the daily gold movements over the last 3 years hardly looks parabolic to me, more like a steady escalation.

20110714-q5dffr6928f48pdywy67gmcmbw.jpg

from drbubb's diary

’’It could go up it could go down. It's a coin toss'

The profundity of the heavenly bodies and the full moon, which is, at least, very beautiful tonight.

I have listened long and hard to Larry but I have to say that, on balance, I think he talks a load of crock. But very nicely..and hedging his bets.

Verdict: bit of a shill.