• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Madness gone mad.

For "3000 people CAN work there" read "we can (and will) provide all the stimulus required for any number of gratuitous construction projects one can desire"

Gold has been increasing in price quite steadily recently, but I say it is only when you look at the price in US dollars, a currency which has been falling against the euro. I think the price of gold is actually static right now, and ought to fall when the euro/dollar reverses its movement. For some reason, it is this staticness that worries me more than the recent volatility. No movement is more worrying and ominous to me than wild movement, because at least wild movement means the thing is alive...

Gold has been increasing in price quite steadily recently, but I say it is only when you look at the price in US dollars, a currency which has been falling against the euro. I think the price of gold is actually static right now, and ought to fall when the euro/dollar reverses its movement. For some reason, it is this staticness that worries me more than the recent volatility. No movement is more worrying and ominous to me than wild movement, because at least wild movement means the thing is alive...

No, no, no.... its relative stability is more assuring - considering the problem is the uncertainty, and hence the volatility, of the monetary value of all else.

Gold is not a monetary freak of the market, but the strongest symbol of money.

Gold is not a symbol of money: gold is money.

Money itself is an idea. Many things can be used as [function as] money. These are the forms we call currencies. The question today should be which currency is the strongest. Gold is the strongest because it best symbolizes, in our culture, the idea of money.

I think the price of gold is being managed continually at the moment, the price action looks very unnatural to me.

Apologies if this was already posted: http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/gold-confiscation/

HOW BANKRUPT GOVERNMENTS WILL CONFISCATE YOUR GOLD

About two weeks ago, GoldMoney sent out an apologetic email to all of its Dutch customers. The email explained how the Dutch financial regulator (AFM) considered GoldMoney to be in violation of various licensing rules and compliance requirements.

I think the price of gold is being managed continually at the moment, the price action looks very unnatural to me.

Hope it falls even more. More can be bought. Now that the wife is also on board we are going OTT in physical purchases. Somedays I feel like I should become Mr T.

Hope it falls even more. More can be bought. Now that the wife is also on board we are going OTT in physical purchases. Somedays I feel like I should become Mr T.

that would be the old Mr.T then (giving up wearing gold apparently)

Television actor Mr T pities the victims of Hurricane Katrina so much, he has decided to give up wearing the bling he is famous for as a mark of respect.

The former A-Team star arrived in London without his signature gold accessories and said he had given them up out of respect for the lives devastated by the storm.

He explained: "As a Christian, when I saw other people lose their lives and their land and property... I felt that it would be a sin before God for me to continue wearing my gold.

"I felt it would be unnecessary and disrespectful to the people who lost everything, so I stopped wearing my gold."

Mr T On Giving Up Gold

http://news.sky.com/home/showbiz-news/article/15229268

go for it. never regreted it since mid 2005. The whole house and the kitchen sink went into it. 100%. 3.6x already and this is just the beginning.

Mind you I risked it all for all my own personal reasons but has worked out very well. was only interested in protection and few other smaller stuff. :rolleyes:

All the best

Monthly chart on gold could indicate $1220 buy area before fresh upmove?

I personally wouldn't sell any physical held to trade down to this price as world markets are to volatile not to be holding gold.

However should you have any powder left to buy and price hits 1220 buy around April next year then I would get in?

Regards

ML.

Monthly chart on gold could indicate $1220 buy area before fresh upmove?

I personally wouldn't sell any physical held to trade down to this price as world markets are to volatile not to be holding gold.

However should you have any powder left to buy and price hits 1220 buy around April next year then I would get in?

Regards

ML.

Hope you're wrong, I'm expecting £1220 by April next year :D

Physical silver running out because its spot price does not reflect true investment demand

By: Peter Cooper, Arabian Money | Posted 6 October, 2011

Several readers of ArabianMoney have written to us over the past two weeks to express their astonishment at the current price of silver because demand where they live is so high that stocks have run out.

Consider this comment: 'I used to buy silver from a shop in Kobar in Saudi. From the last four weeks they said they ran out of silver. I cannot find anyone who sells silver in Saudi now. I asked them from where do they get their silver. They said the UAE. The problem is they only have 1kg bars…and I still cannot find any supplier.'

No stock

Well don't bother coming to the UAE. Our information is that the 1kg bars mentioned here and featured in a video on the website last month (click here) are all sold out too. We've also had feedback about low or no stock in Texas and Australia from big private bullion dealers there.

I would suggest he is not paying attention... and observing what is happening to stock prices and considering the knock-on effect on precious metals markets

Dubai may be headed back to the 2009 Lows

Dubai20.gif.jpg

/update: http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=qkchart&symbol=FT^DUAE

Typical for a myopic Precious metals bug, operating on a few brain cells. ( Haha )

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/17/us-markets-precious-idUSTRE78M11C20111017

Gold up 22% a year, and silver 30% odd. Looks a good a time as any to buy gold with the long term trend around that. A good chance silver will over-correct as it moves back to the long trend.

This chart showing the rate of appreciation from a while back:

log-2.gif