• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Sorry if this one has been post before. I rememebr reading somthing like this the other day. Not sure if i had the lnik from this site or not. If it has then please deleate.

Russell - Gold Threatening Dollar’s Reserve Currency Status

Link http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/1/28_Russell_-_Gold_Threatening_Dollars_Reserve_Currency_Status.html

With the Fed announcement sending gold soaring more than 4% this week and silver almost 7%, Richard Russell is talking about gold replacing the dollar in international transactions, and taking over as the ‘King of Currencies.’ The Godfather of newsletter writers, had this to say in his latest commentary: “In a deal concluded in the 1970s, it was agreed that all transactions of oil would be done in US dollars. Thus the US dollar became the world's reserve currency, used for trading in most materials and commodities.”

This created a huge desire and need for dollars. As a result the US dollar became wanted and thus strong, heading higher and higher. The ‘expensive’ dollar led to high US unemployment and a strained economy. Inflation enveloped the US, particularly in housing.

But recent shocker, India and China have started to buy Iranian oil, not with dollars, but with gold. If this continues, it will be bearish for the dollar and bullish for gold. The strong dollar will also be bearish for the US economy. So let's keep our eyes on the dollar and gold.

The chart below shows gold in relation to stocks. Since August stocks have outpaced gold. But note the recent upturn in the ratio. Gold is now starting to act stronger than stocks. Something new is taking place. Is gold taking the place of dollars in transactions including the buying and selling of oil? If so, the dollar's reign as the king of currencies will be toppled, and gold will be the new king.

There Are some charts on the site too.

Im sure that Iran now its been banned from most of the worlds banking styem, Will be haveing payment in Gold for its Oil from one country. I can not remember which one??????? Might be China But im not sure.

Comex Gold Prices Fluctuate Then Back Off In Wake Of Strong U.S. Jobs Report

03 February 2012, 8:50 a.m.

By Jim Wyckoff

Of Kitco News

http://www.kitco.com/

Follow Kitco News on the Updated Kcast Gold Live!+ for the iPhone -- Now You Can Watch Kitco Video News Right from Your Phone!

(Kitco News) -Comex gold futures prices initially pushed a bit higher and then sold off modestly in the aftermath of a much-stronger-than-expected U.S. jobs report.

The U.S. Labor Department reported Friday morning that the key non-farm payroll employment component of the jobs report rose by a much-higher-than-expected 243,000 in January. The market place expected a rise of around 125,000. The U.S. dollar index was little impacted by the jobs data and traded around steady levels after the report, while crude oil prices did rally modestly in the wake. The jobs report is a mixed bag for precious metals traders. The report bolstered the "risk on" trading mentality of the market place, which is bullish for raw commodities, including the precious metals. However, the strong jobs data also lessens the need for the U.S. Federal Reserve to implement a "QE3" monetary stimulation to the U.S. economy. The commodity markets, including precious metals, rallied last week on notions that QE3 could be in the offing. Gold prices backing off in the aftermath of the jobs report is more likely just profit taking and a technical corrective pullback from recent impressive price gains that drove gold prices to a fresh two-month high this week.

April gold last traded down $7.50 an ounce at $1,751.80.

By Jim Wyckoff, contributing to Kitco News; jwyckoff@kitco.com

DrBubb, assuming you still have a medium/long-term bullish stance on gold, do you currently have any downside targets that would cause you to add to your position? I know quite a few people looking to make purchases, albeit with well-sized positions already, so they have the luxury of patience.

DrBubb, assuming you still have a medium/long-term bullish stance on gold, do you currently have any downside targets that would cause you to add to your position? I know quite a few people looking to make purchases, albeit with well-sized positions already, so they have the luxury of patience.

This could...

Please tell me it is a spoof

Stash of £156BILLION in gold bars found stored in former WWII canteen under London

...We've still got a few quid then! ... "but sadly not all of it belongs to us."

Could this be the gold recovered in Nazi Germany by Eisenhower's invading army? If so, this gold was claimed to have been returned under the post-WWII Marshall Plan to the original European countries from whom it was looted by the Nazis. See:Did Eisenhower Loot the Nazi Gold & Treasures for his Bankster Handlers?

By Emma Reynolds

Last updated at 8:55 AM on 3rd February 2012

Cash-strapped British people will breathe a sigh of relief when they see these impressive treasure troves.

Despite the financial crisis, it seems the country still has some money left in the Bank of England's vault beneath London.

In fact, there are stacks of gold bars worth a whopping £156billion stored in an old canteen deep below the streets of the capital.

article-2095535-118F9398000005DC-480_966x606.jpg

Treasure trove: The Bank of England's vault under central London contains 4,600 tons of the precious metal, worth an incredible £156billion

article-0-118F9483000005DC-510_972x628.jpg

Rich pickings: The rows of simple shelves are stacked high with 28lb 24-carat gold bars

It seems Gordon Brown did not manage to completely strip the country of its assets when he sold off 400 tons of gold at rock-bottom price during his time as Chancellor.

The gold he got rid of when prices were at a 20-year low cost the country up to £11bn, it was estimated last April.

He made just £2.3billion on the precious metal he sold between 1999 and 2002.

Read more: http://chasvoice.blogspot.com/2012/02/stash-of-156billion-in-gold-bars-stored.html#ixzz1lQy6C9pp

It seems Gordon Brown did not manage to completely strip the country of its assets when he sold off 400 tons of gold at rock-bottom price during his time as Chancellor.

Oh gosh, what brain-amputated BS!! The important question obviously is: WHO OWNS IT?

This could...

Stash of £156BILLION in gold bars found stored in former WWII canteen under London

...We've still got a few quid then! ... "but sadly not all of it belongs to us."

Could this be the gold recovered in Nazi Germany by Eisenhower's invading army? If so, this gold was claimed to have been returned under the post-WWII Marshall Plan to the original European countries from whom it was looted by the Nazis. See:Did Eisenhower Loot the Nazi Gold & Treasures for his Bankster Handlers?

By Emma Reynolds

Cash-strapped British people will breathe a sigh of relief when they see these impressive treasure troves.

Despite the financial crisis, it seems the country still has some money left in the Bank of England's vault beneath London.

In fact, there are stacks of gold bars worth a whopping £156billion stored in an old canteen deep below the streets of the capital.

Treasure trove: The Bank of England's vault under central London contains 4,600 tons of the precious metal, worth an incredible £156billion

Rich pickings: The rows of simple shelves are stacked high with 28lb 24-carat gold bars

The gold he got rid of when prices were at a 20-year low cost the country up to £11bn, it was estimated last April.

Read more: http://chasvoice.blogspot.com/2012/02/stash-of-156billion-in-gold-bars-stored.html#ixzz1lQy6C9pp

Is all that Gold ours? I know that we own and couple of hundrad tons of the stuff.

But we also store gold for other people. Banks and countrys and very rich people.

Is all that Gold ours? I know that we own and couple of hundrad tons of the stuff.

But we also store gold for other people. Banks and countrys and very rich people.

I was waiting to see if this story would come out from any other source.

I haven't seen it... as of Sunday morning HK time

Oh gosh, what brain-amputated BS!! The important question obviously is: WHO OWNS IT?

Does it matter who owns it?

If such a vast amount of gold has truly been found, it would confirm that the estimates of "how much gold exists in the world" are way too low, and that me impact upon the price.

Ah-ha, here's the Daily Mail source:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2096031/Caption-competition-Thankfully-Bank-Englands-chocolate-bar-stash-depleted.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

A Caption competition (??)

Comments from there:

========

So,that's where they store the bankers bonus...

- Bill, Doncaster, 03/2/2012 23:34

All is not lost. No thanks to idiot Gordon Brown, a lot of it is missing though see the spaces!

- Job Swerth , Southall Middlesex, 03/2/2012 22:03

There'd be a lot more there if Scotsman Gordon 'Incapability' Brown hadn't flogged so much at the bottom of the market.

- Alfred Wyrd, England, 03/2/2012 21:56

Chocolate bars? This is our country;s wealth! Those short pliles and huge gaps are caused by Gordon the moron. He sold us short, twit.

- Job Swerth , Southall Middlesex, 03/2/2012 21:55

OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, posting this figure will destroy the Labour Party as they thought they had spent it all!

- Armed Forces Member., Bannockburn, 03/2/2012 21:35

Does it matter who owns it?

If such a vast amount of gold has truly been found, it would confirm that the estimates of "how much gold exists in the world" are way too low, and that me impact upon the price.

Hey Bubb, sorry, but you're writing 100% non-sense here. This gold has not been "found", it has always been there (even if the DailyMail didn't know it :lol:). Please stop spreading such kind of non-sense. Most likely some of the posters on here own some of that stuff (directly or indirectly). It's simply one of the LBM storage facilities.

And don't get me started on the Asteroid belts, because they also have always been there... Non-events.

Is this GEI, or the "History" Channel's discussion board? Next thing you know, we'll be going ghost hunting with torch lights shining up our nostrils...

Hey Bubb, sorry, but you're writing 100% non-sense here. This gold has not been "found", it has always been there (even if the DailyMail didn't know it :lol:). Please stop spreading such kind of non-sense. Most likely some of the posters on here own some of that stuff (directly or indirectly). It's simply one of the LBM storage facilities.

And don't get me started on the Asteroid belts, because they also have always been there... Non-events.

Is this GEI, or the "History" Channel's discussion board? Next thing you know, we'll be going ghost hunting with torch lights shining up our nostrils...

Er... well according to the daily mail its been known about since at least 2008..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2082126/From-river-prospectors-canny-investors-everyones-hunt-gold.html

This could...

By Emma Reynolds

Where did I put my shovel and pick? :huh:

I think it is time to come out of retirement? :lol::unsure:

Regards

ML.

Smoke and mirrors comes to mind! ;)

o

Give me a break.

I posted the first story, when I found it - It turned out to be misleading- that's not my writing- In fact, I said it might be a spoof. Later, I found the original Daily Mail article, and pointed out it was a CAPTION COMPETITION./

There is and was no intention to mislead on my part. In fact I tracked the story to the end before anyone else here.

This story's backgrouynd does not change my belief (based on a variety of evidence), that there is far more Gold supply than the Big Gold rampers are telling you. I will continue to monitor that story as it emerges. And I will bat away the false evidence if/when I find it so.

Give me a break.

I posted the first story, when I found it - It turned out to be misleading- that's not my writing- In fact, I said it might be a spoof. Later, I found the original Daily Mail article, and pointed out it was a CAPTION COMPETITION./

There is and was no intention to mislead on my part. In fact I tracked the story to the end before anyone else here.

This story's backgrouynd does not change my belief (based on a variety of evidence), that there is far more Gold supply than the Big Gold rampers are telling you. I will continue to monitor that story as it emerges. And I will bat away the false evidence if/when I find it so.

Amazing isn't it if you go looking for something hard enough you will always find what looks to confirm what you want to find. The original daily mail artcile was actually linked at the bottom of the one you posted.

This is worth a read ...

How the PM blogosphere behaves like a cult

I first started seriously browsing the PM blog sites at the end of 2010. I'd traded for years (stocks mostly), but was a relative newcomer to the world of investing in gold and silver. I was struck by the huge amount of apparently helpful online advice, charts, and discussion, all dedicated to gold and silver. I'd never had such a resource to draw from when trading the FTSE, so I became something of an avid reader of these sites. A whole new world was opened up to me: one of Turds and talking bears and Keisers and KWNs and Zero Hedges; not to mention Harvey's Organ [sic] and too many others to name.

http://screwtapefiles.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-pm-blogosphere-behaves-like-cult.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ScrewtapeFiles+%28Screwtape+files%29

Amazing isn't it if you go looking for something hard enough you will always find what looks to confirm what you want to find. The original daily mail artcile was actually linked at the bottom of the one you posted.

Yeah.

I saw the first one just before I went to bed last night.

And then found the Daily Mail connection the next morning.

I was hoping there might be some further news overnight.

But, hey, I am seeking the truth on this, and have no desire to mislead anyone.

Since many others have now been sensitised to the Supply-of-Gold issue, then maybe many others can help me get to the truth on this matter.

This is worth a read ...

How the PM blogosphere behaves like a cult

I first started seriously browsing the PM blog sites at the end of 2010. I'd traded for years (stocks mostly), but was a relative newcomer to the world of investing in gold and silver. I was struck by the huge amount of apparently helpful online advice, charts, and discussion, all dedicated to gold and silver. I'd never had such a resource to draw from when trading the FTSE, so I became something of an avid reader of these sites. A whole new world was opened up to me: one of Turds and talking bears and Keisers and KWNs and Zero Hedges; not to mention Harvey's Organ [sic] and too many others to name.

http://screwtapefiles.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-pm-blogosphere-behaves-like-cult.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ScrewtapeFiles+%28Screwtape+files%29

Useful? Yes. But a bit dangerous too.

Sometimes the cult behaves a bit like the sheep in this video:

Almost anyone or anything can "herd" them at times, and people may even listen to those who say silly things like; "Never ever ever sell your Gold."

BTW, to the average guy that would possibly be better advice than constant buying and selling and buying back.

Im a buy and hold guy. I do like to keep the shares that i buy for the long tearm.

But im also intrested in learning about tradeing too. I can never hurt to know more info. But like all things if you dont know what you are doing then you can lose the lot tradeing. Pluss tradeing dose take up more time than finding a share that you like and that you think if come good long tearm. This for most is works out a lot more easy and fits into there life better.

Both i belive have a place and both too can work side by side with each other.

Just depends on what you life plan is.