Well the world's 97th sexiest man alive, according to last year's womans magazine, is at it again with his George Orwell wanna be quotes.

Here is his latest statement which reminded me of Orwell's 1984, when the Chocolate rations were raised from 4.8 to 3.4 grams.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...vk&refer=uk

``We will maintain a policy that will keep inflation low and keep interest rates down,'' Brown told reporters in Stevenage, England.

Can anyone spot the similarities?

I find myself getting very wound up anytime this man speaks now. A few weeks ago he was questioned by an interviewer (BBC i think) regarding the recent increases in basic staples, oil prices, you name it - and how the inflation measures were still low. He replied along the lines that it was remarkable how well they had managed to keep inflation under control and interest rates low blah blah blah given all these increases! wtf?? He wasnt challenged any further.

I'm getting fed up with this country. It should not be this difficult. I should be able to go to work, save up for my house and not worry that my fund might be inflated away to nothing. Yes I've bought some gold but I'm struggling to convince my partner and myself that going 100% precious metals is a wise move.

I see that a few days ago even you were urging some caution on the inflationary outcome everyone here is expecting. Argh!! I need some CGNAO medicine.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I also think it is possible that the UK government could charge VAT on gold like that do with silver. That would put an extra £87 on the price of a £500Krugerrand.

The VAT exemption of gold bullion is an EU law. I doubt whether the UK could change it unilaterally.

I find myself getting very wound up anytime this man speaks now. A few weeks ago he was questioned by an interviewer (BBC i think) regarding the recent increases in basic staples, oil prices, you name it - and how the inflation measures were still low. He replied along the lines that it was remarkable how well they had managed to keep inflation under control and interest rates low blah blah blah given all these increases! wtf?? He wasnt challenged any further.

It's amazing how low inflation is, considering how much prices have been going up!

And a great example of Newspeak from Pluto.

Welcome to the site, bjm81. :)

The only answer I can give is for you to exercise extreme caution at the moment if you are thinking about trading. The market is punch drunk from the battering it has taken and is going to start throwing up all kinds of weird and extreme moves, many of which may appear contrary to news or fundamentals.

Profiting from this turmoil can be done via the simplest method in my opinion. Buy the dips in gold and hold. Trying to time this market could be financial suicide.

Edit: I'm going to follow my own advice here and stop frequent trading entirely while this all plays out. Core positions only, will add to them on dips.

I definitely try to buy the dips, but I get too tempted to sell back for a small profit!

EDIT: do IMF gold sales begin in April? Must remember to put that extra spare cash into BV...

S Korea pension fund shuns US debt

Last updated: March 26 2008 19:39

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/6dcf5f86-fb67-11dc...;nclick_check=1

The world’s fifth-largest pension fund will no longer buy US Treasuries because yields are too low. The move signals what could be a big shift by financial institutions away from US government debt into higher-yielding assets.

South Korea’s National Pension Service, which has $220bn in assets, said on Wednesday it wanted to broaden its range of overseas investments.

It's amazing how low inflation is, considering how much prices have been going up!

And a great example of Newspeak from Pluto.

Welcome to the site, bjm81. :)

The worrying thing is that Broon gets away with saying this. The majority of the population cant see through him. Also they are all up to their eyes in debt and so the 'low interest rates' waffle he keeps trotting out is what they want to hear.

Yeah joined the exodus here a few weeks ago following the infamous HPC gold thread incident! Could not afford to miss the input from quality posters like pluto, Whoops', goldfinger et al.

Cant say I have a great deal to offer the site in terms of valuable input. Just here to absorb the info.

The worrying thing is that Broon gets away with saying this. The majority of the population cant see through him. Also they are all up to their eyes in debt and so the 'low interest rates' waffle he keeps trotting out is what they want to hear.

Yeah joined the exodus here a few weeks ago following the infamous HPC gold thread incident! Could not afford to miss the input from quality posters like pluto, Whoops', goldfinger et al.

Cant say I have a great deal to offer the site in terms of valuable input. Just here to absorb the info.

The cost of living has increased and standard of living decreased since B squared came to power (B^2 = Blair * Brown). It is well known that our little island has become known as rip-off Britain, with its own website which popped up around 1998 to celebrate this joyous phenomenon. http://www.rip-off.co.uk/

Off course in true Orwellian style we are treated to daily bulletins of terror, low inflation, low interest rates, and footprints made of carbon that keep us all on our toes.

Enjoy!

Snap. I too dont have much to offer but love the input here (previously there) from everyone, but especially gf and pluto.

I do miss the 'technical analysis' from RK though, but I dont think GF likes his gold shorting :)

I'll go back to reading until I have something useful to add

Same here, amazingly I was something like the 8th most prolific poster on the old thread.

Nearly all my posts were very basic explanations of why its a good time to buy gold now to people who knew nothing about gold.

Such people do not visit this thread, this is a shame as we are no longer spreading the word about gold.

However, the move here has come at about the right time for me.

I have my worries as well. Bullion vault is great all the time the system stays reasonably stable. What if things go very badly wrong? Thats where gold is king but not if you don't actually have it. Saying that I'm heavily exposed to BV. Ideally I'd like to sell at a peak and then buy back physical in a dip. A good opportunity has just been missed, dooh. Could do with some Britannia's to see off CGT.

You think theres any chance that they might change the cgt rules on gold when it booms big time?

of course they wil

l robot broooon would tax the fleas on his mother's corpse

i study the REAL history of the world big time

it is 'funny' that vat on gold was abolished a little while back

but not silver?

why not?

someone know something???

lol

:)

theres allot of stuff about 2012

NN

lol

yes there is

i am somewhat of an expert in it, but save that for other forums

funny that old jim s has his nexus point as 2011

and the rigged (i.e. london never won it, but t HAD to be won, geddit?) london olympics are 2012???

lol

the elite are numerolgists, follow the numbers...

Well the world's 97th sexiest man alive, according to last year's womans magazine, is at it again with his George Orwell wanna be quotes.

Here is his latest statement which reminded me of Orwell's 1984, when the Chocolate rations were raised from 4.8 to 3.4 grams.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...vk&refer=uk

``We will maintain a policy that will keep inflation low and keep interest rates down,'' Brown told reporters in Stevenage, England.

Can anyone spot the similarities?

yes

the man is a humonculus

The cost of living has increased and standard of living decreased since B squared came to power (B^2 = Blair * Brown). It is well known that our little island has become known as rip-off Britain, with its own website which popped up around 1998 to celebrate this joyous phenomenon. http://www.rip-off.co.uk/

Off course in true Orwellian style we are treated to daily bulletins of terror, low inflation, low interest rates, and footprints made of carbon that keep us all on our toes.

Enjoy!

carbon = global warming = fictitious al kida

EVERYTHING now it seems in all the controlled rags, ESPECIALLY ADDITIONAL TAXES, stem from the myth or non-myth of 'global warming'

i think it is all another means of stamping control by the back door

lol

yes there is

i am somewhat of an expert in it, but save that for other forums

funny that old jim s has his nexus point as 2011

and the rigged (i.e. london never won it, but t HAD to be won, geddit?) london olympics are 2012???

lol

the elite are numerolgists, follow the numbers...

ats by any chance, not the gold site though ?

I have read some of the mayan stuff on the 2012 'change', at least we get to see a major prediciton in the next few years.

I reckon it has to be true as the UK got the olympics so bound to be a major disaster. :lol: :lol:

I would hope that if there was changes to CGT it would only apply to new purchases.

What kind of change did you have in mind -- just that CGT could be made to apply to Sovereigns and Britannias as well?

HappyBirthdayJimS.jpg

Surely, that's the wrong number of candles! He's never five! He doesn't look a day over, er, four... :)

I assume yesterday must've been a weak dollar day as the price of gold in dollars made strident moves through its 50-day moving average, whereas the GBP view is entirely more dithery:

post-1176-1206690024_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when NY begins trading today.

Brown, probably the biggest fool/criminal in British history. Selling the nations wealth built up over hundreds of years for pennies, whilst leading his people a merry dance into massive debt. At the time I was ignorant of gold and it's significance. Now it just makes me angry that he was allowed to get away it.

Brown should hung, drawn and quartered.

Sorry, rant over.

What kind of change did you have in mind -- just that CGT could be made to apply to Sovereigns and Britannias as well?

thats what I'm worried about. Sovereigns and Britannia's cost a premium due to their cgt exemption.

ats by any chance, not the gold site though ?

I have read some of the mayan stuff on the 2012 'change', at least we get to see a major prediciton in the next few years.

I reckon it has to be true as the UK got the olympics so bound to be a major disaster. :lol: :lol:

You and most east enders will be lucky to see any olympics in 2012.

Brown, probably the biggest fool/criminal in British history. Selling the nations wealth built up over hundreds of years for pennies, whilst leading his people a merry dance into massive debt. At the time I was ignorant of gold and it's significance. Now it just makes me angry that he was allowed to get away it.

Sorry, rant over.

The monetary wealth he stole is not as important as the liberties and freedoms he and his masters thieved. How quick we are to forget the freedoms we enjoy due to the blood spilled by our grandparents in WWII. Did you know the reason the Post Offices must shut is because of Europe and the signing of the Lisbon treaty? While the masses were drunk on credit they had their pockets picked, just like a drunk would have had his pockets picked by a 10 pound whore on a Friday night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/ro...rdon_brown.html

"To be fair to them, they weren’t alone in reducing their gold holdings. The Swiss, the Belgians and the Dutch also sold very significant amounts."

Sorry, rant over.