'Dying soon' negative? No, just fact.

Control freak not accurate? But can you not see your issues with other peoples freedom of expression comes across as controlling. You seem to be the only person here who wants to 'stop', 'frighten' or 'chase' posters for their points of view.

14 over par today.

If you want to keep improving your Golf score, you need discipline.

Unfortunately, it falls to me to maintain discipline on this website.

That means coping with people who want to abuse people who trade (successfully or unsuccessfuly), and who abuse those who criticise certain Gold gurus.

So far, I have managed to instill some discipline without suspending or banning many people. I know the purists do not like it, and whine about it, but they seem to forget sometimes whose site this is, and who pays for hosting etc to keep the lights on here. I am very tired of the pushback I get on this thread. But I do realise it is almost entirely limited to the Gold thread, where the B&H mafia has lived for a long time. And they consider this their exclusive territory, and regard me (and any other traders) as outsiders. That's the long and short of it.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

...Suggesting someone's investment strategy is akin to a cult, is insulting. Suggesting someone is only capable of repeating an industry leader in parrot fashion, is belittling. These aren't one off comments either, there's been a barrage of them for months and they all come from you.

It isn't the investment philosophy, it is the "cultish behaviour", which was described by another, not by me, and which unfortunately fits the reality of what is often posted on this thread.

Perhaps I should change the name of this thread to "the B&H-ers Room", and just stop visiting this thread. I think that might make some folks here very happy.

Sorry to hear that... but still 14 over par sounds like a good round of gold to me. I hope you were lucky with the weather.

'Dying soon' negative? No, just fact.

Control freak not accurate? But can you not see your issues with other peoples freedom of expression comes across as controlling. You seem to be the only person here who wants to 'stop', 'frighten' or 'chase' posters for their points of view.

14 over par today.

It may not have been coined by you, but it's certainly been over used by you. To be blunt, that's not a bad idea.

It isn't the investment philosophy, it is the "cultish behaviour", which was described by another, not by me, and which unfortunately fits the reality of what is often posted on this thread.

Perhaps I should change the name of this thread to "the B&H-ers Room", and just stop visiting this thread. I think that might make some folks here very happy.

Received this email:

Dear Sovereign Man Reader,

This is going to sound like a clever marketing gimmick, but I promise it's not...

There's a way to own physical gold bullion for as much as 75% below the current world market price of $1,750 an ounce.

I've considered just about every way of buying gold...from antique coins to lost property auctions to mining companies...

...but before I saw the below report, this technique had never occurred to me (and probably you neither).

Click the link below to see this story for yourself:

http://www.absolutewealth.com/goldformula

I'm certain this is the only way to get gold (far) below the spot market price without actually having to prospect for it yourself.

The video below tells the story of a man in Texas who consistently buys gold for as low as $421 per ounce using this technique.

To Your Success!

James R. Gorrie

Editorial Director, Absolute Wealth

To save you the trouble of listening to that sales spiel - the narrator was spinning such a looong story - the secret is buying scrap gold.

Received this email:

To save you the trouble of listening to that sales spiel - the narrator was spinning such a looong story - the secret is buying scrap gold.

How do you know that it is actual gOld, of suitable fineness?

How do you know that it is actual gOld, of suitable fineness?

Erm.. hallmarks, scales, Archimedes... ?

Ok, so I am not going to be frightened off either. I bought (to hold) some silver over the weekend.

I will continue to sink worth-less paper into metal, art, collectibles as I see fit.

I noticed that the prices of silver and gold especially at auction over the weekend were very robust. People were generally paying £37-40 /gram for gold 'scrap', after fees.

Mostly...

+ Yes 100%.

+ Not necessarily... We need charts on this thread to help forecast future prices, but your objection to the "gold gurus" seems personal and it's certainly overbearing. I object to `argumentum ad hominem.`

+ Yes for the moment. Your voice is the loudest on this forum and you're drowning everyone out.

Thanks for the honest response.

I think you are admitting that:

+ You consider the Gold thread as a space colonised by those with a strong B&H orientation

+ You would prefer that I not post Timing ideas here, and are especially unhappy with posts that attack Gold gurus who support those with a B&H philosophy

+ You would prefer I not post at all on this thread

Have I got that right? If enough others agree, I might be prepared to give this thread a posting holiday for at least a few days, and see what develops.

If you want to keep improving your Golf score, you need discipline.

Unfortunately, it falls to me to maintain discipline on this website.

That means coping with people who want to abuse people who trade (successfully or unsuccessfuly), and who abuse those who criticise certain Gold gurus.

So far, I have managed to instill some discipline without suspending or banning many people. I know the purists do not like it, and whine about it, but they seem to forget sometimes whose site this is, and who pays for hosting etc to keep the lights on here. I am very tired of the pushback I get on this thread. But I do realise it is almost entirely limited to the Gold thread, where the B&H mafia has lived for a long time. And they consider this their exclusive territory, and regard me (and any other traders) as outsiders. That's the long and short of it.

If you want to keep improving your Golf score, you need tuition. Unfortunately, it falls to you to provide tuition on this website. That means coping with people who don't agree with you.

So far, you've managed to indoctrinate some without suspending or banning many people. You know the purists do not listen, and exercise freedom of speech, but they seem to forget sometimes that your the boss here. Your tired of repeating your beliefs. But you do realise it is almost entirely limited to the gold discussion thread, where the B&H believers are very vocal. And they consider this their best place to air their views, and regard you (and any other traders) as people who don't get it.

I'm happy hacking my way round.

That's the long and short of it.

OK, the 2 cents worth of someone who counts himself a gold bull but not a gold bug. First of, it's your site so you can do what you want. If you want to continue building a vibrant forum though then you'll have to allow people some elbow room.

The idea of having distinct threads allows people to focus on distinct topics. There is nothing wrong with 'The Gold Thread' thread having a Buy and Hold bias seeing gold has performed so well these past ten years. I'd say most people frequenting the thread have the long term/ investment in mind.

The Trading of Gold [i prefer Silver here], which is also a suitable topic should also have its own focus and thread. Of course these two topics over-lap to a certain extent, and there is nothing wrong with making short term calls, whether bearish or bullish on long term gold. These may help people with entry points.

If you are bearish long term on gold, a separate thread should be opened for this as it is a distinct topic to the Bull and Trading threads. I'm sure a Gold Bear thread will get just as many readers.

...14 over par sounds like a good round of gold to me. I hope you were lucky with the weather.

haha... "gold"

You wouldn't want me to get the idea you were obsessed with one topic, would you?

Gold stocks are cheapest they have been in 3 years.

http://postimage.org/image/z62xbxveb/

huigold.gif

Indeed.

It is a great time to be researching trading ideas in the Gold stock sector IMHO.

That's why I have started a new thread on Gold Juniors:

http://tinyurl.com/GEI-GDXJ

Probably an uncomfortable truth that we're all a bit obsessed with money on this forum. :P

I was more obsessed when I held currency.

That was a good post, It has given me a few things to think about while at work today.

Bubb's questions seemed ratheer naive to me and have been discussed a 1000 times before (and then the conspiracy thing again...).

By the way, how do I have to interpret that I am no moderator anymore?

Have my times at GEI come to an end?

EDIT: Oops, sorry, I saw your private message. I also see that the hyper-deflationist RH still IS a moderator. OK, so, that is the end then. Bye everyone. I had a good time on here. You know where to find me.

--- POST 11,440: GF OUT. ---

Oh dear! It'll become very lonely here but it that's probably in the interest of the site owner. He can then swap conspiracy theories with CMJ all day long (which, to be honest, is already making up the bulk of the site anyway).

What a sorry decline to what was once a really great website!

Bye GF! Many thanks for a lot of great insights over the years!

Thanks for the idea.

I am moving this thread to the Fringe section

Bubb what have you done? Jeez...GF was the prolific poster on here. Just because RH tows your line does not make him any suitable to be a mod over GF. IMHO GF is a far better poster than RH also RH uses way too much jargon to confuse posters. You have killed the forum BUBB. You are the biggest looser here.

All the Mods are going, one by one.

Then I will add new ones later.

GF feels like he is being pcked on, but that was not the intent. He should have realised that if he read my message carefully.

I have asked those who want to continue as a Mod to let me know. That door was open, and remains open to GF. But if he has decided to leave (for however long), I will not beg him to stay.

goldso.jpg: Gold and Currency News / http://Goldstock.co.uk

============================================================================================================

The Gold Discussion : "Long Term theme"

t24_au_en_usoz_6.gif:exr24_eu_en_2.gif:24hr-gbp-small.gif:idx24_usd_en_2.gif:

t24_ag_en_usoz_2.gif:copper-d.gif:spot-copper-6m.gif:idx24_russell_en_2.gif

Weekly Gold ... update

gld.png

LINKS

------

"Gold" on Google :: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&q=gold+price&oq=gold+price&aq=f&aqi=d1g5d1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=2388l5967l0l7385l10l10l0l4l4l0l80l302l6l6l0

Historical Prices- :: http://www.kitco.com/charts/historicalgold.html