How Much Gold exists in the world ?

Official estimates are 150,000 - 170,000 tonnes,

or about 5 Billion Ounces.

PIIGS.jpg

====

The Top 40 Central Banks report: 29,700 Tons, that's 5.12 Billion oz. / about 18.6% of 160,000 tonnes

=== Country........... - Tons. : -Pct.- .Mn. oz

=== Official........... 160,000 : 100% ..5,120mn oz

no. 1 USA.............. 8,133.5 : 5.08% ....260

no. 2 Germany........ 3,396.3 : 2.12% ....109

no. 3 IMF............... 2,814.1 : 1.76% ......90

no. 4 Italy............... 2,451.8 : 1.53% ......78

no. 5 France........... 2,435.4 : 1.52% ......78

06-10 China-Neth.. 4,355.2 : 2.72% ....139

11-20 India-Austria 3,719.2 : 2.32% ....119

21-30 Belg.-BIS.... 1,536.3 : 0.96% ......49

31-40 Gre.- Den....... 875.0 : 0.55% ......28

======== ===== ===== ===

== 40 Centl Banks : 29,717 : 18.57% ...951mn oz x $1700 = $1.6 Trillion

==== Who owns the rest of the “official gold”?

The other 130,000 tonnes = 4.2 bn. oz.?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Scene 2. Int. Vogon Spaceship. Bridge.

VOGON CAPTAIN:

Is that definitely the ship?

VOGON GUARD ONE:

Affirmative Captain, we have confirmed positive identification.

VOGON CAPTAIN:

Dont answer back.

VOGON GUARD ONE:

What?

VOGON CAPTAIN:

I said dont answer -

VOGON GUARD ONE:

I- I was just answering you -

,,, continues ,,,

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/THHGTTG/THHGTTGradio9.htm

Best listened to rather than read, if anyone can find the audio for episode 9 that would be better.

I wouldn't blame you for banning certain parties Dr B, from the majority of comments its' been my misfortune to trawl through let's face it they don't seem to contribute much in the way of positive or constructive debate !

Yes.

That in fact is the problem.

I think some of the die-hard types really felt like the Gold thread was "their turf", and they didn't like me posting there, especially when I challenged the prevailing philosophy, which was to buy and hold gold through all the dips.

Some are convinced that either:

+ You cannot beat B&H through trading (& I challenged that), or

+ Any sort of asset which was not physical gold in storage was far too dangerous, or

+ Anyone who challenged this strategy was in favor of holding fiat currency

So they felt-duty bound to attack other points of view, especially on their "home turf."

They forgot the thread was part of a bigger website, run by someone who was keen to insist on respect for all points of view - and that includes theirs BTW!

My hope is... by moving the thread I will shake that "my turf" attitude, and allow a more balanced discussion going forward. We will probably lose some posters, and maybe many of them. But I think this will actually lead to a better discussion in the long run.

If there is a decent discussion on the new thread, then I will merge them eventually. That is the plan anyway.

oh well...

VOGON CAPTAIN:

I appear to have wiped out half my crew.

/ Which of the many halves might that be? /

Would you like to be a Moderator, Laura?

Perhaps you can take the site over, next time I go on holiday.

The actual reality here is that no one has been banned, or even suspended.

No threads destroyed. No crew members killed.

There are just a few who have run off somewhere to holiday, sulk, and maybe plot further mischief.

All in a days work, on the World Wide Web, I suppose.

I wouldn't blame you for banning certain parties Dr B, from the majority of comments its' been my misfortune to trawl through let's face it they don't seem to contribute much in the way of positive or constructive debate !

Yes.

I think some of the die-hard types really felt like the Gold thread was "their turf", and they didn't like me posting there, especially when I challenged the prevailing philosophy, which was to buy and hold gold through all the dips.

+ Any sort of asset which was not physical gold in storage was far too dangerous, or

So they felt-duty bound to attack other points of view, especially on their "home turf."

They forgot the thread was part of a bigger website, run by someone who was keen to insist on respect for all points of view - and that includes theirs BTW!

My hope is... by moving the thread I will shake that "my turf" attitude, and allow a more balanced discussion going forward. We will probably lose some posters, and maybe many of them. But I think this will actually lead to a better discussion in the long run.

If there is a decent discussion on the new thread, then I will merge them eventually. That is the plan anyway.

Yes.

WTF you have binned the gold thread??? 27 million views or something?? That's more than the rest of the site put together? Are you out of your mind?

WTF you have binned the gold thread??? 27 million views or something?? That's more than the rest of the site put together? Are you out of your mind?

Nope.

Just making a point. The thread is alive and well and living on the Fringe - taking a holiday.

From there:

oh well...

The actual reality here is that no one has been banned, or even suspended.

No threads destroyed. No crew members killed.

There are just a few who have run off somewhere to holiday, sulk, and maybe plot further mischief.

All in a days work, on the World Wide Web, I suppose.

Actual TRAFFIC, as of last count:

28,922 Replies

That's quite a boost to the humble little Fringe section. haha

Please tell me you you didn't just delete the old gold thread ...

I didn't just delete the old gold thread

Would you prefer that I had done that?

If there's any chance of getting this site working as a team, then some folks are going to have to take a breath, a little walk, and maybe even a holiday.

Everyhting's cool now. I was thoroughly... well, non-plussed. But I think a new thread to look at here is no great problem. And if anyone knows the value of holding onto an Archive, it is the guy who saw a fee hundred thou posts go wap over at the old HPC.

Scene 2. Int. Vogon Spaceship. Bridge.

VOGON CAPTAIN:

Is that definitely the ship?

VOGON GUARD ONE:

Affirmative Captain, we have confirmed positive identification.

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/THHGTTG/THHGTTGradio9.htm

Best listened to rather than read, if anyone can find the audio for episode 9 that would be better.

I prefer to watch it.

I remember the TV series from ever so long ago.

No CGI then and the two-headed guy had such an obviously false 2nd head.

Liked Marvin a lot (it was called Marvin, wasn't it?)

I will be posting any news/updates ONLY in this thread moving forward. I can't keep track of two threads and this one is where I go to keep uptodate with news and discussion/mood etc.

If every one stays cool, then the two threads will be merged into one after a brief holiday period

Nope.

Just making a point. The thread is alive and well and living on the Fringe - taking a holiday.

From there:

Actual TRAFFIC, as of last count:

28,922 Replies

That's quite a boost to the humble little Fringe section. haha

I've always found this advice incredibly useful, especially as I get older:

When you are in a hole, stop digging. For weeks now, months actually, you have been at odds with everyone else not vice versa. You have a personal thing about Jim Sinclair, (whether you see it or not) which is fair enough. He's not exactly David Morgan or even Doug Casey. But you say you have 'information' but you can't go into 'detail'. That's like fighting a man that doesnt have a weapon.

If you think the posters on the old thread are a bunch of losers then so what? You dont have to wind them all up. I think you do yourself a great disservice. I also think the majority think so to.

Come on, loosen up!

I've always found this advice incredibly useful, especially as I get older:

When you are in a hole, stop digging. For weeks now, months actually, you have been at odds with everyone else not vice versa. You have a personal thing about Jim Sinclair, (whether you see it or not) which is fair enough. He's not exactly David Morgan or even Doug Casey. But you say you have 'information' but you can't go into 'detail'. That's like fighting a man that doesnt have a weapon.

If you think the posters on the old thread are a bunch of losers then so what? You dont have to wind them all up. I think you do yourself a great disservice. I also think the majority think so to.

Come on, loosen up!

I don't agree with that.

There are many people here who think "the purists" are unbalanced. Not just RH.

But few of them are interested enough, to join the fray on the Gold thread, but you can see them posting elsewhere.

In the end, it is my site, and I have to stand up for the balance and the free-discussion that I believe in.

Without mentioning names, I can think of two or three posters who were very aggressively Anti-Trader, and they have now left some time ago, do you really think the site has suffered as all from their absence?

I don't know GF's exact thoughts, but I think he got a bit miffed on being transferred from Mod to Member. I plan to do that one-by-one with all the Mods. He was just the second one to be transferred. I will then build a new Mod team, if I need to. If he wants to continue as Mod, then I would ask him what his goals are for the site. If we agree on that, I would be happy to have him return to that capacity. But I will probably slim down first and build up later.

I prefer to watch it.

I remember the TV series from ever so long ago.

Sorry Joe but the badly done TV series was tripe after the 12 episode radio series.

Buy them, steal them, & listen with the lights out on a good system.

What I quoted was beyond the TV travesty anyway.

All the Mods are going, one by one.

Then I will add new ones later.

Your PM box is full.

I think a changeover of moderators would be positive for the site.

May I suggest that future moderators only hold the post for a 4-6 month period and therefore remember what it is like to be a poster here.

I think other members would be interested in returning also if there was a changeover of moderators. Maybe G0ldfinger would also return when he see’s there has been a misunderstanding and all the mods have been changed.

Your PM box is full.

I think a changeover of moderators would be positive for the site.

May I suggest that future moderators only hold the post for a 4-6 month period and therefore remember what it is like to be a poster here.

I think other members would be interested in returning also if there was a changeover of moderators. Maybe G0ldfinger would also return when he see’s there has been a misunderstanding and all the mods have been changed.

Howdy, Zik.

How are you doing.

Actually, I am moving now to the next step, on slimming Mods

I don't agree with that.

There are many people here who think "the purists" are unbalanced. Not just RH.

But few of them are interested enough, to join the fray on the Gold thread, but you can see them posting elsewhere.

In the end, it is my site, and I have to stand up for the balance and the free-discussion that I believe in.

Without mentioning names, I can think of two or three posters who were very aggressively Anti-Trader, and they have now left some time ago, do you really think the site has suffered as all from their absence?

I don't know GF's exact thoughts, but I think he got a bit miffed on being transferred from Mod to Member. I plan to do that one-by-one with all the Mods. He was just the second one to be transferred. I will then build a new Mod team, if I need to. If he wants to continue as Mod, then I would ask him what his goals are for the site. If we agree on that, I would be happy to have him return to that capacity. But I will probably slim down first and build up later.

It's probably too late to say this but BE CAREFUL. This is how Hitler behaved and then he lost all his best Generals who realized he was insane. Hitler ended his days defeated in his bunker...or was it Argentina?

Re. GF he has always given good advice and opinion. Your silly comments brought out his sharp tongue. You will feel the loss, i feel. You have a load of rumour, unexpanded on 'detail' and hearsay. He only ever produced the facts in the pure light of logic and reason: the German tradition. You have been seduced by a load of conspiracy clap and it has clouded your good judgement, which used to be razor sharp. All IMHO from one friend to another. :)

It's probably too late to say this but BE CAREFUL. This is how Hitler behaved and then he lost all his best Generals who realized he was insane. Hitler ended his days defeated in his bunker...or was it Argentina?

Re. GF he has always given good advice and opinion. Your silly comments brought out his sharp tongue.

Okay. Point Taken, but did you notice THIS:

You win some and lose some, I suppose

GF has decided to take a break - Not for long, I hope.

Meantime, Ziknik is back. Now posting as Ziknew.

It is a strange old world.

"You have been seduced by a load of conspiracy clap and it has clouded your good judgement, which used to be razor sharp."

Won't you be surprised if it turns out to still be razor-sharp !

(No promises, of course. But I am disappointed I don't get more of a break.)

Howdy, Zik.

How are you doing.

Actually, I am moving now to the next step, on slimming Mods

I'm smiling now :) It's good to see the moderator list slimmed down (no disrespect to those who have helped you in the last few years, I am sure they've always done what they thought was right).

I've seen some of the action here in the last few days but I have missed the build up and therefore I am not really in a position to comment...

...but I'm going to comment anyway. In my mind, GEI is a forum where people discuss and share. And on that forum there are gold, silver, hyperinflation and Major Derivative... threads on the first page. Romans Holiday, G0ldfinger and DrBubb are three of the heavy weights.

Is GEI the same in your head without the Gold forum on the first page and G0ldfinger away?

Obviously you can’t make G0ldfinger come back but you can control the where the Gold thread sits. It's probably been a really long day for you today so take a break and think about it tomorrow.

Any chance all the comments about the bickering could be moved to the original gold thread and keep this one for what it says on the tin?

Gold and currency news....

LOL

Good point. We have gone off topic.

=====================================

Gold prices rise on Greek bond swap deal

Economic Times - 9 hours ago

Holdings in the gold-backed exchange-traded funds hit a record high, and gained 269000 ounces since last Wednesday, when gold prices collapsed 6 per cent ...

In-Depth: PRECIOUS-Gold rises but easing euro dampens rally‎ Reuters

Personally,

I think there is a fair chance this optimism may be short-lived.

I don't think those Greek bond acceptances will get to 90%

Or possessed? :lol:

RH,

Your box was full, so I have been able to tell you...

Is GEI the same in your head without the Gold forum on the first page and G0ldfinger away?

Obviously you can’t make G0ldfinger come back but you can control the where the Gold thread sits. It's probably been a really long day for you today so take a break and think about it tomorrow.

There's a New "Gold and Currency Thread" there.

And there's an excellent chance that oen will get merged with this one.

Soon. Maybe even as soon as tomorrow.

It depends what the posts look like here and there.

Welcome back, BTW

(We now have 3 fewer Mods, and I will slim down further very soon.)

Why not start a new thread on some subject that really interests you, to show folks you are back.