• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

http://www.businessi...collapse-2012-7

"Technical Chart Shows Major Opportunity Betting On A Gold Price Collapse" !

That made me think of Ker Nulov;

This next piece is from his blog on Seekingalpha.com;

"Gold for Bears: Weekly trading ranges

Bear case481054-132596108284463-ker-nulov-gmail-com_origin.png

and Bull case481054-132596111717414-ker-nulov-gmail-com_origin.png

It is a tricky situation, it may be bullish or bearish, you don't know until it breaks in either direction. Since the monthly trend is down, downside is more probable.

My target for the down move this month is 1180 because it stands in the middle of the range. Will allow gold to retrace to 1300 before selling more

Note: I use closing price for all lines except the highest one, median lines (dashed) are allowed to traspass closing price"

Thanks.

My chart skills still prefer the Bull Case

48673707.png

'Urban mining' of precious metals now a rich prospect: study

PARIS — "Deposits" of gold in electronic waste are around 50 times richer than ore mined from the ground, according to figures put forward by recycling experts on Friday.

More than 320 tonnes of gold, worth more than $16 billion (13 billion euros), and 7,500 tonnes of silver, worth $5 billion, are used annually in electronic products, the report by the United Nations University and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) said.

It suggested there are around 200 grammes (seven ounces) of gold in a tonne of circuit boards and 300 grammes (10.5 ounces) in a tonne of cellphones, compared with 5 grammes (0.17 ounces) in a tonne of ore.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iZrZhergUFKEJpMjPwPwzuy9_y6g?docId=CNG.22f10d8bd159526c2b745a99cf7426f8.51

'Urban mining' of precious metals now a rich prospect: study

PARIS — "Deposits" of gold in electronic waste are around 50 times richer than ore mined from the ground, according to figures put forward by recycling experts on Friday.

More than 320 tonnes of gold, worth more than $16 billion (13 billion euros), and 7,500 tonnes of silver, worth $5 billion, are used annually in electronic products, the report by the United Nations University and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) said.

It suggested there are around 200 grammes (seven ounces) of gold in a tonne of circuit boards and 300 grammes (10.5 ounces) in a tonne of cellphones, compared with 5 grammes (0.17 ounces) in a tonne of ore.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iZrZhergUFKEJpMjPwPwzuy9_y6g?docId=CNG.22f10d8bd159526c2b745a99cf7426f8.51

That may be right. But it costs a fortune to seperate the wheat from the chaff...unless the price of gold and silver rise to make it worthwhile...or the technology improves re extraction.

Goldfinger bows out of precious metals

The gold market has just lost one of its most senior figures.

Jeremy Charles, the veteran head of precious metals at HSBC, retires on Friday after a career of nearly four decades at the heart of the bullion industry. In that time, he helped to revolutionize the market.

Under Mr Charles, HSBC’s precious metals division has become one of the largest and most profitable franchises in the industry. With just 27 front office staff, competitors estimate that the bank’s precious metals division makes annual revenues of $200m-$300m a year, rivalled only by ScotiaMocatta, UBS, and JPMorgan. Along with JPMorgan, HSBC trades more gold in the London market than any other bank, traders say.

Mr Charles, who started his career in 1975 as a 19-year-old “tea boy” at NM Rothschild and went on to become chairman of the London Bullion Market Association

=== ===

Speak of which, I wonder where "our own" GF is these days ?

Didn't somebody chase him away??

Like several others, he was moved from Moderator to Member

The others are still posting here.

Ah, yes...Kristallnacht.

Nevermind. I am sure he is alive and well.

No one was killed. He was not banned.

The only thing that happened was a thread was moved from one section to another for two weeks or so.

That's hardly a "night of long knives" - more like a tea break.

No one was killed. He was not banned.

The only thing that happened was a thread was moved from one section to another for two weeks or so.

That's hardly a "night of long knives" - more like a tea break.

I, too, regret not having him around these days. I will bet an ounce of gold that he'll never grace these boards again.

Some 'tea break'. He was shown the door and walked right through it. After he left their were murmerings of jubilation that the 'circus' had gone.

Just as well gold has gone sideways since.

2nd article in 2 weeks on the Telegraph website on manipulation in the gold market. Are we being 'prepared'?

The price of gold has been manipulated. This is more scandalous than Libor

Gold price manipulation may well be the next big scandal to break – if it does, this time nobody can say that they were not warned.

I, too, regret not having him around these days. I will bet an ounce of gold that he'll never grace these boards again.

Ditto, but he was back just a week ago and I bet he'll be back whenever he feels vindicated, probably with a comment along the lines of......... Mwuahahahaha!

After he left their were murmerings of jubilation that the 'circus' had gone.

Just as well gold has gone sideways since.

Goldfinger was never the problem.

But some of his followers were very rowdy and disturbed the main "research" task of this chatboard.

Since those disruptive followers departed, GEI has been more harmonious, and the task of our

few remaining Mods has been easier

GF has posted his charts a few times in the last few months, but seems to have stopped visting on a regular basis.

GEI has been more harmonious, and the task of our

few remaining Mods has been easier

That may be true but 90% of posts here now seem to be posted by conspiracy theorists. The content on activity in and the outlook for gold and silver markets is almost non-existent.

Those last two posts were very interesting because they mirror some of my own thoughts. Earlier today, when the stocks were all ridiculously in the red once again , I nearly posted about how I coouldnt remember the last time I'd seen any green ink on my balance sheet how relentless the selling seems to be and about how non-existant was the dialog regarding the miserable performance of precious metals stocks.

I am beginning to think that the reason no one is posting is because no one has any skin in the game at this time. Majority are exhausted and sold out. That is indeed a very good sign. Especially considering that members of this forum are more likely than the general public to be in precious metals in the first place.

From John Rubino - A good discussion about...

WHERE WE ARE IN THE GLOBAL CURRENCY CRISIS

"A coordinated effort stimulus effort by the Central Banks may not be far away."

"Gold up by $200-300 and Silver by $10 in a single day" (is possible)

"All the Nobel prizes seem to go to Keynesians who say: We have done enough (printing)"

• 2 weeks later...

There's usually not such a large gap between posts on this thread. Maybe it's time for some upside action for Gold.

From Zerohedge;

"Oil And Gold Seasonals Suggest BTFD

The long-term seasonal data for gold and oil has not just remained relatively highly correlated over time but, as Barclays points out today, has very clear periods of bearishness, consolidation, and bullishness. While Gold may have another month of treading water, the period from September to mid-October is empirically bullish while Brent's August to mid-October period is the most bullish segment of the year. Given gold's stability in the past month or so since the EU Summit, and oil's surge (and modest pull-back very recently), seasonals certainly provide some technical support for BTFD here in these QE-sensitive, real assets.

Brent Crude's two major bullish seasonals...

20120723_seas1.png

and Gold's three periods of bullish seasonality...

20120723_seas2.png

"

(new thread):

Why I am against a Gold-backed currency

Why protect the profits of Wealthy Gold Bugs?

=================================

I thought this argument deserved a thread of its own.

Some folks may unknowingly be supporting a huge wealth transfer for the rich-and-powerful.

2mm-tank-made-from-gold.jpg

They already have too much power, why should we hand them even more wealth ?

I own a fair amount of gold, and have protected a decent share of my own wealth, but I do not want to see an even greater concentration of wealth and power in the hands of a few. And a new stronger currency linked to gold may play right into the hands of powerful elites.

What is important is ...preserving Freedom,

...and the need to avoid turning all power over to a single over-weaning state (that a Hitler would enjoy running.) If a gold standard becomes the policy of an all-powerful state, and particularly a global state, then the price of stable money will be very high indeed : a complete loss of personal freedom and sovereignty.

Sometimes I fear some of the Gold bugs might welcome this, provided they made enough money on their gold holdings, and were able to transform it into other forms of wealth at a favorable price. I would be dead set against this method of restoring monetary discipline, for reasons that may be obvious. (If not, just ask me to explain.)

. . .

Ron Paul has the idea of re-monetizing gold, but not returning to the Gold standard. This way, people can denominate private contracts in gold, but Gold would not be the only store of wealth - Gold would be set free to compete with other forms of money.

I would favor a Gold-backed-optional currency over a rigid gold standard. And here's one important reason, that I mentioned brief in the GoldMoney 3-way that I did with Dominic and Adam Parkin:

+ If we FIX our future currency to Gold, then all those who have piled up huge amounts of gold will be able to transform their gold into the new stronger currency at a fixed price. The wealth transfer that some very big guys have been planning for a decade or more will be complete.

+ If a future currency is not fixed to gold, and they start to unload their gold all at once, then the gold price will fall back as they sell. That is much more fair to the masses, and the most of us, who may not have accumulated vast amounts of gold when the price was lower.

Why should rich-and-power Gold Bugs be allowed to unload at a protected price?

/see: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=16609