Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

HPC must hate this beautiful chart!

You can post it there if you like.

Please give us the link to the thread, since I would like to see the reaction

The log chart is less despairing; the slump in value looks only two thirds complete instead of near fully complete. A good example of the need for logarithmic scale.

http://gold.approxim...d_LOG_GUESS.png

After years of staring at linear, semi-log and log-log plots (not just financial charts) I can quite easily judge the proportional change you (and I) expect from here from just a linear chart.

(you are a semilog-nazi, RH!!!!!)

Plus, I can see on a linear chart that the actual change in Gold/Houses has moved well off it's extreme value, that much of the *magnitude* of the move is over.

After years of staring at linear, semi-log and log-log plots (not just financial charts) I can quite easily judge the proportional change you (and I) expect from here from just a linear chart.

(you are a semilog-nazi, RH!!!!!)

Plus, I can see on a linear chart that the actual change in Gold/Houses has moved well off it's extreme value, that much of the *magnitude* of the move is over.

Ha ha, but you'd have to agree that a glance at the linear would tell most that they have completely missed the train as far as houes/ gold, or for that matter, pound/ gold goes. A glance at the log chart tells quite a different story; there is still quite good gains to be made from buying gold even here at this stage of the game. No doubt redundant to say, this is because the log chart over the longer term shows the real comparative value in terms of percentages.

I am not completely averse to linear charts; they are fine for the short term.

Ha ha, but you'd have to agree that a glance at the linear would tell most that they have completely missed the train as far as houes/ gold, or for that matter, pound/ gold goes. A glance at the log chart tells quite a different story; there is still quite good gains to be made from buying gold even here at this stage of the game. No doubt redundant to say, this is because the log chart over the longer term shows the real comparative value in terms of percentages.

I am not completely averse to linear charts; they are fine for the short term.

I think I agree that it's easy to miss the relative values looking at a linear plot, but I do think that good 'data-interpreters' would still see it.

No offence intended, btw. - i was only being a bit tongue-in-cheek.

http://www.zerohedge...n-gold-holdings

German Court Demands Bundesbank Audit Sovereign Gold Holdings

Sounds like there may be some irregularities

http://www.rumormill...mes;read=257363

Germany’s court of Audit gets suspicious as Germans not getting access to check gold reserves abroad!

..... 66 percent of the inventory is stored in an underground depot of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 21 percent stored at Bank of England in London and eight percent at the Banque de France in Paris. Only five percent are located in Germany.

Reason enough to take the CDU deputies Philipp Missfelder and Marco Wanderwitz, to check the German gold reserves abroad. In February Mißfelder had visited the Federal Reserve Bank, now he wanted to arrange a meeting with his colleagues in Paris and London - and failed in all 3 attempts.

I could have told them that. Mind you, even if they manage to show those guys the gold bars, how can the auditors be sure that they are not filled with tungsten or perhaps temporarily 'borrowed' from other owners just for show while they are in town? If they get shown the bullion, they should insist on taking them back with them to Germany...... and then drilling a few holes in all the bars.

Humorous article here;

http://goldnews.bull...-rock-091120126

''. The Bank of England's Mervyn King stared into the abyss and declared himself very afraid, Hank Paulson held Congress to ransom – a trillion dollars right now or all your cash machines go offline. Wow, this is Bruce Willis territory. But okay, now you have my attention.

Bloomberg suddenly got interesting, it was like watching a soap. My wife told everyone I was going insane. I started shouting at the TV, at Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, that weird Californian woman eyeing up Hank's bazooka. Congress folded before the flop, and before you could say ABC we had TARP, TALF, ALF, everybody was dividing CDOs by SPVs and driving an SUV. The dust settled and Bear Stearns was no more, Lehman was handed to JPM. Northern Rock, RBS and half of Lloyds were toast. Game over. Problem solved. Right?''...

... I found out about ETFs, coins, bullion banks, gold leasing and GOFO rates, Roosevelt's confiscation, Kennedy's exec order, Nixon's gold window, the London Gold Pool, the Washington Agreement, unallocated accounts (their assets, your liability – Jeez, these banksters are something else). I read about allocated gold, privately held outside of the banking system. I made a decision. There's a full-on crisis that is not going away, what's the best way to protect myself?

I may not be George Soros, but I'm not an idiot. Hell, the Germans had got gold, the Spanish had done it, the Romans did it, the Egyptians did it, the Assyrians did it, the Chinese, Russians and Indians are still doing it – can't argue with that kind of history. The only wild card in 5,000 years of gold hoarding was Gordon Brown – but as we know, Gordon is a moron. So I bought gold and five years later, a 300% increase. Barbarous relic, pays no interest. But it's a better return than any deposit, CD or money-market account.''

Do they know something we don't? Germany insists on regular checks on gold held in foreign vaults

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2ACCAzGF3

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

article-0-0BA1ADB1000005DC-652_468x286.jpg

At a moment when many of its crisis-hit eurozone partners are left counting their pennies, Germany is seeking to count its gold bars.

The German Federal Court of Auditors have called on for the country’s central bank to carry out a physical inspection of the gold reserves it stores at foreign central banks because the precious metal holdings have never been fully checked.

Germany's Bundesbank owns nearly 3,400 tonnes of gold. Like many central banks, it stores part of its reserves in vaults at foreign central banks, including the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Banque de France and the Bank of England.

Who said this about Gold:

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect

savings from confiscation through inflation. ... This is the shabby

secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending

is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the

way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property

rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the

statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."

Answer:

Alan Greenspan... in 1966.

We could have just completed a $1700 double bottom.

I am watching the 8day MA on GLD - GLD-chart

A close above it would be a positive indication

Just spotted Mr Frisby chatting about gold on the keiser report.

Link?

If support holds (as I expect), it could shoot up to new highs, and beyond

http://www.zerohedge...its-london-gold

Why Did The Bundesbank Secretly Withdraw Two-Thirds Of Its London Gold?

..... Buba reclaimed 940 tons, reducing its BOE holdings from 1,440 in 2000 to 500 in 2001 allegedly "because storage costs were too high."

.... it also came as the Bank of England was selling off most of Britain's gold reserves – at market lows – on orders from Gordon Brown.....

..... the Bundesbank may have withdrawn its bullion in self-protection since it did not, apparently, have its own specifically allocated bars in London. "They may have decided that the Bank of England had lent out too much gold, and decided it was safer to bring theirs home.....