• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

http://www.zerohedge...ld-new-york-fed

It Begins: Bundesbank To Commence Repatriating Gold From New York Fed

....... this is a momentous development, one which may signify that the regime of mutual assured and very much telegraphed - because if the central banks don't have faith in one another, why should anyone else? - trust in central banks by other central banks is ending.

Much more importantly, it is being telegraphed as such, with Buba fully aware of just what the consequences of this .... repatriation will be in a global monetary arena....

or 'Buy Gold and Keep Calm'

?

I think I did mean that. But it could also go 'Buy Calm and Keep Gold' or how about, Calmly Carry On Buying Gold or Keep Buying Gold and Calmly Carry On. The latter would be my favorite and closest to the original of 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. ;) For international travellers you could have 'Dont Leave Gold in your Carry -On'.

This could run and run.

Copper is also going nowhere

copperg.png

LINK to Mining Stocks?

It could be that we will need to see some improvement in Copper and Gold prices before mining stocks will move much

A question for those more knowledgable about precious metals than I am. Given the underlying commercial usage and the greater potential for supply disruption, would platinum be a better choice than gold in the longer run?

A question for those more knowledgable about precious metals than I am. Given the underlying commercial usage and the greater potential for supply disruption, would platinum be a better choice than gold in the longer run?

I don't think I am necessarily more experienced than you, but I thought of buying platinum and playing the plat/gld ratio when it fell below 1.0. I note yesterday was one of the rare moments in the past few years when the ratio went above 1.0.

20130115_PLATGOLD.jpg

However, my experience is that demand in much more industrial driven. Think Auto catalytic converters.

Also fashion to some extent with people selecting platinum jewellery.

BUT at the end of the day, platinum is not money. You don't see any platinum/peso exchange rates here in this video talking about Argentinian capital controls.....!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RSKDFkONPQM

When you look at the long-term charts, it could be a very long time indeed that you would have to hold your platinum. I had similar thoughts in the past, but like chris_ct said: too much industrial interference in this market. What if the global auto industry slumps big time after this paper money flood induced bull trap (if it is one)? However, very long term, platinum below gold seems to always have been a fairly good deal. Now that we're back above the price of gold, maybe there will be a breakout? Personally, I hold none, but I do hold some palladium (see corresponding thread), which quite a while ago seemed even cheaper than platinum.

Thread: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=3169&st=120

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-21055206

Funny old world. At first I thought this looked like a duck. But then I realized that if you lay it on its flat edge it looks just like the inflation adjusted gold chart from the late 70's to present day.

_65340550_goldnugget.jpg

chart-gold-1.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1347481979815

LIfe immitating Art perhaps?

Felix Zulauf reckons we're at the end of Gold's consolidation phase...

Excerpt from Marketwatch;

"Gold will be ‘up and running’ soon says Felix Zulauf

Contributors to Barron’s recent Roundtable 2013 had high expectations for gold despite its somewhat lackluster performance last year, with Felix Zulauf, president of Zulauf Asset Management AG in Switzerland recommending gold again and talking about its prospects for record prices above $2,000 an ounce.

“Gold is at the very end of a cyclical correction and the gold price will be up and running again soon,” said Zulauf. “Once gold surpasses $1,800 an ounce, it will run to the low- to mid-$2,000s.”

On
Tuesday, gold for February
delivery
GCG3
traded at a high above $1,695 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. Prices finished last year with a 7% gain, its smallest yearly increase since 2008.

Gold has been “great for 12 years, but it doesn’t always go up,” said Fred Hickey, editor of The High-Tech Strategist in Nashua, N.H., pointing out that in the latest 12-year period, there have been five corrections in the gold price."

6 days between posts on the Gold thread....

It's time for tumbleweed

tumbleweed-bonneville-utah_37585_990x742.jpg

The tumbleweed indicator came out out on August 15th last year for Gold;

Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

Here's what happened;

GLDTWdoi_zpse1caa317.jpg

(For those that don't get it - I post tumbleweed during large gaps in posts. Large gaps = Lack of interest AND/OR very poor sentiment)

If you read both articles, then you discover:

Platinum for April delivery settled with a loss of $32.70 to $1,662.20...

A U.S. trader and HSBC precious metals analyst James Steel both tied weakness to news reports that Amplats has agreed to consultations with unions and the government before proceeding with its plans. Sister metal palladium has held up better than platinum, falling only slightly after hitting a 16-month high earlier. The cuts would have affected platinum more heavily. The planned restructuring stirred emotions in South African since 14,000 jobs were at stake.

Platinum had run ahead of Gold, and a correction was due... Some analysts see its strengrth relative to Gold continuing

6 days between posts on the Gold thread....

It's time for tumbleweed

tumbleweed-bonneville-utah_37585_990x742.jpg

Large gaps = Lack of interest AND/OR very poor sentiment)

Could be bullish

the charts suggest a possible LOW if the 480d MA holds:

xx

still needs to get above $1700 to signal a change in the short/medium term. Silver needs to close above its last pivot point of $32.50.

Gold:Dow ratio is at a 18 month low. It really needs to make a move up here, otherwise the idea of a long term bull market falls into doubt.

Gold is now moving up nicely, off the important 480d-MA that I have identified:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=17354