I use a trading system called Multicharts, there's a tool called Andrews Pitchfork that allows you to examine markets using 'median line analysis'. I'm relatively new to it but its quite powerful since it allows you to look at price structure from a different and sometimes original perspective.

The midline may offer resistance since it provided compelling support on a number of occasions. If gold dismisses it by rising through with little or no resistance that could be interpreted as being very bullish for gold.

If the lower line is broken and it is not immediately recaptured then the trend may be broken but it depends on seeing more detail and doing more analysis if that scenario develops.

Cheers !

ML

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

OT

Please can anyone advise what the price of gold was in ZAR in 2000? Am trying to calculate how many oz to buy a house then vs now.. Thank you!

Nice charts !

Especially the COT charts - I added a few line markers

81901775.jpg

SSOL_zpsff58be6a.png

Notice how the lower graphic in percentage/ logarithmic terms puts the 2008 and 2013 declines on a parity. Yet the parity is distorted in the upper chart, where the decline looks to be of a larger magnitude thanks to that darn use of the linear. Anyway, no call for panic stations yet.

Notice how the lower graphic in percentage/ logarithmic terms puts the 2008 and 2013 declines on a parity. Yet the parity is distorted in the upper chart, where the decline looks to be of a larger magnitude thanks to that darn use of the linear. Anyway, no call for panic stations yet.

I am not panicking as I am still well up in gold and silver... as I am sure most on here are. When will be the best time to buy again is what I am worried about....

I want to see if we get a retest - and if so, on how much volume

There has been a huge increase in gold bullion coming in to Heathrow and going straight out. The same comment was reported to me back in 2009. Read into any way you like.

Well, I think I can take a guess at where it's going from LHR.

Are you able to divulge anything else about how you know this information?

http://www.zerohedge...satiable-demand

The jump in Chinese physical demand also prompted some banks to ship in more supplies from London and Swiss vaults, traders said.

HK%20imports%202012-2013.jpg

It's our perennial favourite the Gold Silver ratio;

Mid-February to present

Goldsilverratio_zps85f56044.png

Looks like a pennant formation may be coming to a close, assuming it does go higher.

2010 - present

Goldsilverratiolongerterm_zpsa8009a91.png

Potential resistance?

Goldsilverratiolongertermlines_zps492155f2.png

Gold down to $1457 right now and under a lot of pressure from a rising dollar, the dollar index at 82.84, up nearly a whole point on the day...

So where's all the gold coming from ? (to depress gold prices)

GATA may be on the same page with Joseph Farrell (and me!)

GATA have (finally!)* picked up on the "extra Gold Reserves" /Yamashita Gold story:

First, here's Joseph Farrell (jump to 5:30 mins in)

Farrell thinks the "extra" gold was used "to leverage a huge expansion in credit" after WW2,

and was behind a secret system of finance, which may have helped to finance Black Projects (Secret Space program, etc)

So where's all the gold coming from?

Submitted by cpowell / Sunday, April 28, 2013 / Link

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

Observing the recent smash in the paper gold market, our friend S.S. asks whether it may signify that Western government gold reserves, particularly U.S. gold reserves, are a lot larger than reported, or if world gold holdings generally are a lot larger than estimated, so much so that gold price suppression can continue for decades or centuries. He cites the famous story about the supposed hoard of looted Asian gold amassed by Japanese Army Gen. Tomoyuki Yamashita during World War II, a hoard some believe to have been spirited away by the U.S. government and used for secret operations around the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamashita%27s_gold

Of course the world must have far more gold than is reported to government agencies and the World Gold Council. Government gold reserve data is always disinformation, as central bank gold swaps and leases are not reported (http://www.gata.org/node/12016) and governments sometimes don't fully report gold in their possession (http://www.gata.org/node/9545). Nobody -- not peasants in India, the new middle class in China, coin collectors in the United States, and lordly old families in Europe -- files a public inventory of his gold possessions.

== ==

* Please Note: I raised this issue in a pretty aggressive way at a Gold conference in HK last year.

Chris Powell, was in attendance, and I also asked him some questions about the amount of Gold.

(Of course, I first heard about this in Ben Fulford's column, so he deserves full credit if it proves to be true.)

I have my doubts that there is so much Gold as Farrell speculates.

I have two more New interviews with him on the Farrell thread - in the General section:

xx

Institutions need to raise capital to cover sudden losses in what WAS a stable JGB market, this is what's driving the dollar higher, and by proxy gold lower.

Mass exodus from JGBs is potentially a HUGE black swan event.

That's my intuition.

Kyle Bass may well be proved right, with quite the style and panache.

Institutions need to raise capital to cover sudden losses in what WAS a stable JGB market, this is what's driving the dollar higher, and by proxy gold lower.

Mass exodus from JGBs is potentially a HUGE black swan event.

That's my intuition.

Kyle Bass may well be proved right, with quite the style and panache.

Replying to myself here, but there was an interesting "Bear Raid" at 01:00 GMT/02:00 BST last night. This is very unusual, and may lend weight to the thesis that the Japanese are involved.

jpygoldsmash-18-4-2013_zpsad193782.jpg

I'm with you PD. Don't subscribe to this 'Dragon' family hype at all, I'm afraid.

I think the 'fender' of the Japanese car has just made contact with the concrete block, but the car is travelling 100mph.

Hope the occupants have seatbelts and airbags.

HK%20imports%202012-2013.jpg

Gold buying in Hong Kong went really nuts in April, I reckon