• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Just because market rates rise web qe is withdrawn does not automatically mean bank rates will rise. I've elected not to fix my massive mortgage but have linked to BoE base rate which I am gambling will stay low.

Thing is, fixed rates are generally as cheap as variable discounted rates mortgage rates now.

According to

http://www.money.co.uk/mortgages

best 2yr tracker mortgage is 1.94%

best 2yr fixed rate is 1.64%

doesn't make any sense to go with the tracker - none at all.

Thing is, fixed rates are generally as cheap as variable discounted rates mortgage rates now.

According to

http://www.money.co.uk/mortgages

best 2yr tracker mortgage is 1.94%

best 2yr fixed rate is 1.64%

doesn't make any sense to go with the tracker - none at all.

At my LTV and income multiples and for the size of mortgage the BoE was by far the best deal.

These Charts make a clear BULLISH CASE imho:

+ GDX normally leads a big move, and it is doing that now

+ GLD now needs to confirm the bull case, by blasting through $130

GAP FILLED, What Next ?

Here's my forecast :

GDX / Gold Miners etf ... update

a4c9.png

GLD / Gold etf ... update

9xdy.png

As a CONFIRMATION of my Bullish forecast, I want to see GLD blast thru $130 with more than 10 million volume

A Rocket !

I think this may be a good omen this time.

GLD blasted through resistance on Thursday, and we are starting the strtong season for gold

Is it time to sell stocks and buy gold? By: Dominic Frisby

The other major difference between the 70's and now is the fact that there has been a gold suppression scheme in operation since the 80's and the western banks have leased a load of their gold. Why is it that those reporting in the media don't acknowledge the proof that GATA have accumulated, or take it into account? Come on Dominic naughty.gif

Now the Hedgie Bears are capitulating on their shorts, Pixel:

- And the "Manipulators" covered their shorts long ago. The Mind-of-Market was wonderfully controlled:

Survey Participants Expect Higher Gold Prices Next Week - Kitco News, Aug 16 2013 12:14PM

I would say the "gold suppression plan" worked brilliantly.'

The Bullion Banks shorted near the top, and covered those shorts near the bottom,

buying Gold from folks like John Paulsen, who were eventually driven to sell down when the losses got too big.

See you up thereeee!

shuttle_hi.jpg

Where's "There", GF?

I think we could see $1500-1600 by October, perhaps sooner

Now the Hedgie Bears are capitulating on their shorts, Pixel:

- And the "Manipulators" covered their shorts long ago. The Mind-of-Market was wonderfully controlled:

Survey Participants Expect Higher Gold Prices Next Week - Kitco News, Aug 16 2013 12:14PM

I would say the "gold suppression plan" worked brilliantly.'

The Bullion Banks shorted near the top, and covered those shorts near the bottom,

buying Gold from folks like John Paulsen, who were eventually driven to sell down when the losses got too big.

The suppression scheme may appear to have worked but in effect the central banks now just have IOU's from bankrupt banks rather than physical sat in their vaults. Doesn't seem that great a plan to me, especially as most of that metal ended going East at discount rates.

The "sale" of GLD by Paulson was actually only picked up from his 13F report. This report shows the holdings of certain securities but doesn't need to show things like physical metal holdings. I expect that rather than selling Gold at the low of the correction it will come out eventually that he actually took delivery of gold from the GLD, which can be done in batches of 100,000 shares, which would show as a sale in the 13F report.

Saturday 17 August 2013

How does one start a new paragraph?

I press enter, [v limited computer skills, as this little issue acknowledges], but nothing happens, not even "shit and simultaneous enter," a somewhat sophisticated move on my part.

Depressing the space key only produces depressing results.

Here is my latest article, presented only because I do not see much posting on the timing element for gold, and silver as well, to "launch" higher.

Prior to gold reaching $3,000, $5,000, even $10,000 as some [savvy] are suggesting, or even $1,800, it must first overcome the current resistance hurdles found in graphic resistance areas. This has been the biggest problem, that I can see, within the PM community and gold followers. Almost all cite unending fundamental examples, and v valid ones, but for too many months, even a few years, as price as been in a decline, they have been dead wrong as to timing and fodder for detractors. While I do not pretend to have the franchise on market timing. even I can recognize a quality set-up, as the markets frequently serve up for the patient who choose to deal in quality only.

The markets have a high degree of logic, and that logic can readily be found in charts.

Just another POV. http://edgetraderplu...-pays-to-listen Cheers...

Where's "There", GF?

I think we could see $1500-1600 by October, perhaps sooner

Well, despite being made to sound a fool-especially in a time where house prices are rising and gold has been falling-I'll have a crack at the definition of 'there' for GF according to his Gold to UK house prices chart. He is rather good at charts.

So... he sees on the charts a number between 55 and 80 ounces of gold will buy you the average UK house. The average UK house is now 163k. Let's say 165k. 165k divided by 85 is 1,941. And 165 divided by 55 is 3000.

So 'there' could be anywhere between GBP1900 and GBP3000/oz = USD2,971and USD4,692. Gold at present is GBP 875/oz or USD1,360. Seems crazy unless you remember Gold started at USD252/oz or GBP157 about 13 years ago..(around 1.60 to GBP)...thus Multiple of 5.5. Gold only needs to double here to make GF's chart start to look realisticaly mouthwatering. eg gold at GBP1750x80 ounces=140,000.

With all the damage and debt, printing and trouble we are seeing-yet papering over-it is not beyond the realm of reason to imagine that gold will go far higher than these numbers. And/Or it may not. House prices and stocks may well simply fall-although you'd be seen a fool to suggest so right now...all the more reason to think it, IMHO.

100 years ago, 23 December 1913, just two days before Christmas, when many members of Congress were home for the holidays, [horse and carriage, train, not an era of speedy travel], the ones remaining were hand-picked to stay so the Federal Reserve Act could be passed...with no opposition. Traditionally, NO legislation was passed during this holiday period, which did not end until almost mid-January. Yet, the most impactful game-changer ever was passed under such circumstances. The Federal Reserve was modeled after the infamous Weimar bank system. In fact, the first head of the Federal Reserve was brought in directly from Germany. Did not even speak English, at the time. The deviant deceivers, aka central bankers, have sucked the financial life, and all of the gold, out of the United States. Fort Knox is said to house only nerve gas, these days.

Der Gold ist gone! Now all the tricks taught by the Germans have come back to bite them in their goldenless ass. Their gold is in China, most likely. The biggest financial scam ever is unraveling on the world stage.

As an aside, Deutsche Bank is likely to go belly up, soon. Already under heavy investigation, and severely undercapitalized, their money-laundering may be the proverbial straw that hangs them out to dry. Anyone who keeps money in any bank, including retirement accounts, is a fool for not having heeded the ample warning signs. If you do not [personally] hold it, you do not own it.

Paper "assets", in any form, are useless. Great, now I cannot turn off the italics.

Good cheers, all. Buy them physicals!

I am still expecting $1500-1600, perhaps more

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/08/24/yes-in-a-mad-max-dark-age-not-even-gold-has-value/

Yes in a Mad Max Dark Age Not Even Gold Has Value

....... The only thing in a dark age that retains value is food – PERIOD! In Japan all money vanished for 600 years and rice became money. The government taxed in rice and didn’t bother issuing coins because nobody would accept them. After the fall of Rome, gold vanished from the money supply as well and did not reappear until the 1200s....

Keep your gold – it will do you no good. Food will be worth far more. You eat or you die. Assuming gold will ALWAYS have some value is absurd....