• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

For those who do not read Dr Bubb's Diary (but visit this thread)

Gold - A large drop ... but still holding uptrend

Gold, broke the 252d / 1 year MA, and suffered a big drop

Stocks were also down, as the market did not like Yellen's remark

/ Gold - Back where it was 8 trading days ago /

Gold : $1,330 / 10.36 = $128.38

t24_au_en_usoz_6.gif

GLD / Gold etf ... chart-update :: GLD L阿阿: 128.09 -2.53 : -1.94%

AA_zps8fd1335a.gif

Interesting that Clif High spoke about coming big volatility in Gold.

But he was saying the volatility would lead to an Upside Break in Gold

=

There's another Key support level - at the 89d / 76d MA level

Painful to see this breaking down so easily, when the USD is still in stress-land

An interesting paper on including gold in a portfolio to improve the sharpe ratio: http://www.merkinvestments.com/downloads/2014-03-20-case-for-gold-optimal-portfolio-allocation.pdf

It's interesting, but I am slightly concerned that much of the analysis relies on timer periods when the price of gold appreciated significantly. I would like to see an analysis which included the gold bear market.

An interesting paper on including gold in a portfolio to improve the sharpe ratio: http://www.merkinvestments.com/downloads/2014-03-20-case-for-gold-optimal-portfolio-allocation.pdf

It's interesting, but I am slightly concerned that much of the analysis relies on timer periods when the price of gold appreciated significantly. I would like to see an analysis which included the gold bear market.

I'm pretty sure that if you put any two fairly well uncorrelated assets into a portfolio you'll get a lower Sharpe ratio.. that's the point of diversification :rolleyes:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/04/02/money-is-only-a-medium-of-exchange-wealth-productivity/

Money is only a Medium of Exchange & Wealth = Productivity

Gold is a hedge against government – PERIOD. Rhetoric is just sophistry – where is the evidence? In a Dark Age, not even gold has value – only food. You return back to square one. This is a great sales pitch that has hurt a lot of people. Gold is a viable hedge – but understand its purpose and survive. Believe the rhetoric and you will lose your shirt. Everything rises and falls – nothing is constant forever. There is a time to buy gold and a time to sell. It rises and falls with everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that so massive is the manipulation, Gold will not be allowed above 1400 dollars until there is not an ounce of gold left in the bullion bank system. What utter cretins we have in charge.

Edit: Another 15 dollar fall at 2.26pm British time within a few seconds just before Yellen's speech today

There should be support above GLD-$124. (76d-MA) ... GLD-chart

If that goes too, a slide towards $1300 is possible

BUY NOW ?

(A suggestion, not a recommendation. Recent low may be a good place for your stop)

=

14_04_16_Jim_Wyckoff_SS0.jpgtag_video.png

Bid For Gold In The Long Weekend, Limit Downside In Market: Jim Wyckoff

Apr 16, 2014

Bid For Gold In The Long Weekend, Limit Downside In Market: Jim Wyckoff

This moment could be one of the best Buying Opportunities I have seen for Gold in a long time.
(Having said that, if you do buy: Do not forget the stop ! )
Latest GOLD etf charts : GLD : HK-2840 : UK:GBS : PHYS : SLV
GLD_zps9aae722b.gif

=

Bad News ! Support Broke

t24_au_en_usoz_6.gif

Gold has slid below the MA support levels I have been watching

WE COULD SEE MORE DEFLATION / "from China"- says Charles Neneer

Chas. Neener's Predictions
====
"End of May 2014, we really get into trouble."
"Dow-5,000 by 2019"
"SPX 1850-1900, the Insiders get out of the market"
"New Bull Market in Gold starts July this year"
"Gold at $2,100 ... in a year or year and a half... may not stop there"

Today’s Guest : Pastor Mark Biltz and Charles Nenner

Topic : With Passover commencing and the first of four upcoming blood moons set to appear early Tuesday morning, Pastor Mark Biltz spends the first half of the program discussing his extensive study into the the significance of this celestial phenomenon as it relates to Bible prophecy. In the second half of the show, Charles Nenner, founder and president of the globally acclaimed Charles Nenner Research, discusses what he is forecasting for not only the financial markets but also in the realms of geopolitics and climate. As a former high-level analyst and consultant for major financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch and international and institutional clients managing hundreds of billions of dollars, Charles’ advice is highly sought after and not worth missing.

MP3 : http://www.trunews.com/Audio/4_14_14_monday_trunews2.mp3

• 2 weeks later...

Do you want to start a Blog / Thread here, CJ ?

You could post every 2nd or 3rd projection you post on your website.
And maybe get some good discussion going too

20140503_Lamoureux_zps4bd3deb1.png

Did he catch the Low in late Dec. 2013?

Gold stocks could be setting up for a Big Rally - Below from DrB's Diary:

I disagree with Yves, that Gold sentiment is "too bullish"-

I think the fall with sentiment holding higher may prove "a good thing" for Gold and Gold shares

GDM / Arca Gold Miners Index ... GDM-4yrs : all-data // GDX-4yrs : all-data // HUI-4yrs : all-data // Gdxj-4yrs

big_zpsd1542c12.gif

--3yrs->A_zpsa6eef2f6.png

HUI - all data : 4 yrs // GLD-all-data : 4yrs // DBA-all-data : 4 yrs

big2_zps9897e80c.gif

Hi Dr Bubb. Happy to post in the Gold thread some projections and thoughts on Gold in particular.

Its looking very sick today.

Do you still think its sick?

Gold is holding DESPITE a strong dollar

Maybe the "sickness" needed to be purged

I think we will see an important Low before the end of July 2014

But we may be seeing it SOONER, maybe much sooner than that !

GDX could bottom (at a higher low) very near where it is now

big_zpse08de45d.gif

TWO GOLD CHARTS

Long term versus Debt ... image : source

debtvsgold2_zpsae32be8b.png

Gold versus Gardening

GLD-3yr_zps976f2f43.gif

> thread : http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=16127

It's TIME !: For Gold and GoldEdge

It's TIME... To start preparing for a Major Low in Gold Prices.

I plan to promote GEI more, and to help do that I have launched a new Blog on Wordpress :

http://GoldEdge.Wordpress.com

This will carry a few Highlights every week from DrBubb's Diary.

Any links to it will be appreciated !

GEI will remain the Main place to read and post comments.

As the Gold price rises, I think we will see Hits and Posting activity pick up on GEI>

Header:

GoldEdge4_zps70b0afa2.jpg

(First Blog post)

Get Set for the next Major Low in Gold prices, and more…

May 11, 2014- by drbubb5 Leave a comment

I reckon we will see an important LOW in Gold and Gold shares prior to the end of July 2014.

Indeed, that Low may already be in place. So isn’t it a good idea to get onboard near the beginning of the rally?; Rather than waiting months, or years for the next big rally in Gold to be widely perceived.

Most people wait for confirmation by the press and general sentiment, to participate. If you do wait, you may miss out on the big early profits, and lower risk investments that are captured by those who spot a new trend early.

At the same time, there are many changes happening in the world. The global economy, and the way we thing is likely to go through chaotic change. On GEI, we believe that Truth and Change with become the watchwords of a new era which is starting in 2014, and there is plenty to discuss – to get ready for life-disrupting (change)

I already have an active website, at: http://GreenEnergyInvestors.com

On that site, you can find my GEI Blog, called: “DrBubb’s Diary”

And there are usually several posts each day. On this Blog, here on GoldEdge, I will plan to post the best 2-3 entries each week. So this is a great place to catch the highlights, if you do not have time to dive into the detail on the main website. There you can find not only the comments from myself, Dr Bubb the founder of GEI. But also posts and Investment Blogs of many of our active members.

And if you want to Comment on my posts, you can do so here, or on GEI. It is not hard to become a member. It is free. You just need an invitation, or to know a certain key word or phrase to join up on your own. More will be revealed on that later.

There's also a new "Favorite Gold Stock" thread : http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=19047

A NEW SERIES of short videos discussing Gold and Gold share Charts is planned

These will be carried on the new Green Energy Channel :: ( Link )

Here is the first:

"Gold Low before end of July... $500 of easy upside"

GoldEdge-14May14_zps4ccf1fd7.png

Listen to the explanation of the recent Gold vs Debt chart, here:

Comment:

"Gold Low before the End of July 2014..."
"With $500 of Easy upside."

And that's only if Gold climbs back to the level suggested by outstanding US$ debt. As the debts climb, the upside increases. And if the Gold price moves back to the Top of the Channel, there is $1,000 -1,200 of upside. Or in other words: Gold could rise to $2,300-2,500, perhaps within the next year. Experts like Jim Sinclair and Eric Sprott have predicted gold will hit $2,000 within 2014, so a huge price move may arrive quickly, once the Low is in place."