• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/weekly-view-of-gold.html

Trader Dan's view:

Clearly gold has lost long term trendline support on the monthly chart confirming the current bear. It is however finding some support in the confluence of the zone I have noted. The Fibonacci retracement level of the rally from the 2008 to the 2011 top is $1152. It fell through that level but was able to recover. That is a positive sign.
However it still remains below both trend line and has yet to exceed the previous month high of $1255.60. To give some bullish credence to this otherwise dour looking chart, the metal would at a bare minimum need to exceed that point to get technicians a bit more upbeat on its prospects.
A monthly close above $1340 would be necessary to give even more confidence that something more important is afoot.

The Surprising Victory of the Paper Bugs

=

BONDS UBER ALLES this year -- whodathunkit?

TLT (Bonds) vs. other assets ... 2014-update

TLT-etc2_zps1717be96.gif

So many people, like the Jim Willies of the world, were talking about what a bust binds would be.

(Someone should send the Jackass this chart - with a note: "Hey, what happened, Jim?)

=

Elliott Wave Charts Point to Shocking Countertrend for Gold: Steven Hochberg

SH: I think a reasonable target price is in the $1,440–1,525/oz range. We'll be able to refine that as we see the wave structure unfold and do our internal calculations. Based on what the Elliott Waves are showing, I think this is a countertrend rally.

Gold etf: HK-2840 ... update

Gold-hk2840_zps0aace245.gif

Ukraine Central Bank Conned Into Swapping Its Gold For Lead Bricks

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-22/ukraine-central-bank-conned-swapping-its-gold-lead-bricks

$300,000 in gold missing from Ukraine Central Bank after swapped for lead bricks

http://rt.com/business/216687-gold-missing-ukraine-bank/

• 4 weeks later...

Just restructured one of my partner's ISA. Bought 100K shareS in HGM. Also bought Blackrock Gold. This ISA is with the Alliance Trust Savings so I was restricted to the UK market.

Why HGM Joe? Has done a double since December...seems to be moving up nicely now.

Strange, I thought I replied but my comment has disappeared.

Bought another 25K shares today but this is in my partner's dealing a/c so no exemption from CGT on gains.

Once the gold price is free of the suppression, gold will soar.

This will be reflected in HGM's SP not only because of the rising gold price, but also because many more people will be looking to invest in gold miners.

There ain't many of those in the London markets.

Look at the yield - 11%

That is one fat juicy yield.

Look at the yields on gold miners in Canada, say.

If HGM's yield moves nearer to that of producing gold miners, what yield would you expect?

This stock is in AIM.

If they follow what that Hambro guy did, the company'll seek a listing in the main market

Again, that can only be good for the share price.

So overall, I think this is a nice little punt on gold.

Can't think of a producing gold miner off the top of my head but there's Franco Nevada which I understand is a gold royalty company.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=FNV&insttype=Stock

Yield is 1.48%

When everyone is clamouring to own gold, what do you think HGM will be worth?

Don't forget, when that happens, the gold price will be substantially more than its current ridiculously low level.

Damned if I don't hit 7 figures on what I've bought.

At the very least, it will be many hundreds of thousands.

Already warned my partner that I shall be claiming 50% of this should we divorce.

Just restructured one of my partner's ISA. Bought 100K shareS in HGM. Also bought Blackrock Gold. This ISA is with the Alliance Trust Savings so I was restricted to the UK market.

AFAIK, much of their mining operations are in Russia... does the political risk bother you, or have you worked out why it is irrelevant?

Not to put the cat among the pigeons, but what if Putin decided to nationalise gold output?

I like the MASSIVE yield, though!!!!

EPS 17p, share price 42p.

Invested another £5+K for partner yesterday and just bought 56+K shares for 2nd daughter today.

Can't tote up totals but maybe just under 250K shares in HGM for partner and children.

I have none myself.

Don't want to be too greedy but might get some more tomorrow for the children.

Might be fun to own 0.1% of this company

It absolutely isn't reflected in the price and you should be concerned.

Nah, not in the least bit worried about the political risk.

And it's already reflected in the price so that's even better for investors like myself who regard that risk as being negligible.