gold at $980 and rising to pre-cartel smack down level :(:lol:

I take it Mr P that USofA has suddenly discovered that the gasoline tank is in the red, and the nearest gas station is in the middle east. Peak oil anyone. :lol:

Off course now it is ovious, the smackdown yesterday was to butter the markets up for todays report on oil. Also, OPEC overnight saying the price of oil is due to the falling dollar - first time they have said that as far as I am aware.

Week longs got shaken out yesterday for our next assault on 1K.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

lol.

Back in business it seems. :(

The dollar is unstable. The markets don't like instability. The VIX is a measurement on volatility in the equity markets, it is going wild, when in reality it isn't a volatile stock market, but a volatile unit of currency (dollar and all its bastard children) that is the problem.

lol.

Back in business it seems. :D

That's some recovery! Miss-timed that completely and ended up dropping a few Oz of silver.... Note to self; Buy and hold, Buy and hold.

I should have known I was to much of a novice to trade this rattle snake!

That's some recovery! Miss-timed that completely and ended up dropping a few Oz of silver.... Note to self; Buy and hold, Buy and hold.

Take some advice from me (the worlds worst stock market timer) it is futile trying the trade in and out. That is what's so nice about physical - you are less likely to go running down the coin shop every other day to buy and sell. Sure, you can have a punt with a small amount, but don't gamble with your life's savings.

from our freind CGNAO..

THEY WANT TO SAVE THE DOLLAR BUT THEY CAN'T

THEY WANT TO KEEP OIL DOWN BUT THEY CAN'T

THEY WANT TO KEEP GOLD BELOW 1,000 BUT THEY WON'T

HPC MODS WANTS THE SHEEPLE TO STOP DISCUSSING GOLD BUT THEY CAN'T

I posted on the "Phantom Silver Thread" earlier suggesting posting on here. Been deleted. I don't know whats been going on over there but you precious metal worshippers seem to have been upsetting the hierarchy :D

The losers are all the posters that could have been protected, but now have to listen to crap like, "shall I go to Euros or yen or dollars?" should i take out an account with some Icelandic bank that no-ones ever seen or heard of.

Shame really..

The daily trading ranges in the silver market right now are truly a sight to behold and touted to become even more volatile as the current upleg gathers further momentum. Taking today's range for example, we see that it's in excess of a $1 (5%) which is not the sort of market one should go day trading in IMO.

Still, if you manage crack the formula than no doubt the rewards will be astronomical, but if you get it wrong, then the danger of getting left behind is all too real.

Personally, I'm looking for a sub 40 gold:silver ratio before exchanging much of my silver holdings back into gold. This way I never have to trade out of my core position and nominal prices are more for interest rather than guidance.

NB. Silver just blipped up another 20 cents whilst typing this post. How anyone's capable of trading that is beyond me and those that can do it consistently have my full admiration...

UPDATE: Make that 30 cents... :D No, I tell a lie, make that 40 cents. Jeez this market's red hot I tell yer!

I stuck to my guns yesterday and didn't sell a thing, in fact I would have added if I'd had cash to hand. Gold investors seem to be the nerviest lot I've ever encountered, permanently bricking it every time there is a rise (even a highly ordered and steady one like the rise since Christmas), and turning excessively gloomy at the slightest fall.

It's enough to make me think that they have never owned any equities before, as the 'one step back, two steps forward' stuff we've seen in gold is nothing unusual in bull market terms and we have barely had any of the infamous 'rubber underpants' volatility which PMs often produce.

The big help with gold at the moment is that buying the dips has been made so easy by the cartel. The blatant signals given by their clumsy attempts to orchestrate price drops are giving plenty of clear opportunities. God bless them, I say!

I like to follow the old adages:

1. Let your winners run.

2. Let the bull market make you a genius!

I stuck to my guns yesterday and didn't sell a thing, in fact I would have added if I'd had cash to hand. Gold investors seem to be the nerviest lot I've ever encountered, permanently bricking it every time there is a rise (even a highly ordered and steady one like the rise since Christmas), and turning excessively gloomy at the slightest fall.

It's enough to make me think that they have never owned any equities before, as the 'one step back, two steps forward' stuff we've seen in gold is nothing unusual in bull market terms and we have barely had any of the infamous 'rubber underpants' volatility which PMs often produce.

The big help with gold at the moment is that buying the dips has been made so easy by the cartel. The blatant signals given by their clumsy attempts to orchestrate price drops are giving plenty of clear opportunities. God bless them, I say!

I like to follow the old adages:

1. Let your winners run.

2. Let the bull market make you a genius!

These corrections are what is required to the PMs into orbit. The short sellers that pile in for the "big one" and nervous nellies all end up buying back in at higher prices - adding rocket fuel at 1000 octane.

Take some advice from me (the worlds worst stock market timer) it is futile trying the trade in and out. That is what's so nice about physical - you are less likely to go running down the coin shop every other day to buy and sell. Sure, you can have a punt with a small amount, but don't gamble with your life's savings.

I agree. I cursed myself a few weeks ago at ditching some Silver positions only to watch the price rise and rise.

It just so happens that this time I was lucky .... I had some funds to invest and kinda went a bit silly this morning seeing the huge dips in Silver, Gold and Plat.

Paying off BIG TIME now. :D

I love going into long meetings at work, popping back to my desk and going WTF?!!! :D :D :D

These corrections are what is required to the PMs into orbit. The short sellers that pile in for the "big one" and nervous nellies all end up buying back in at higher prices - adding rocket fuel at 1000 octane.

Absolutely. In fact I think yesterday's drop will allow gold to overshoot $1000 by a considerable margin. Thank you weak hands!

Without a doubt now is the time to buy the miners. Many have not woken up to today's recovery and are looking ludicrously cheap. Time to shop around methinks.

Yeah, I own some. A major and a Junior. The major GG has been doing great - just busted out to new highs, but the juniors are miserable. I got burnt buy one and the other I own has been sideways for over a year.

The miners are still companies and have the same problems all other companies face.

OMG

OIL is on TEAR today. Soon they will giving cars away at petrol stations.

OIL +3.9%

LOL the commodities slump didn't last long and OPEC has just told everyone to go fook themselves.

Silver/gold looking great, glad I bought a some yesterday.

Bernanke Rumour of 0.75% cut AGAIN on March 18th, UK Food inflation over 4%, minimum wage to rise 3.8%

You just can't make this sh!t up.