in may 1972 (pog 52$) consolidated gold field wrote in there yearly report that there is the possibilty that pog can go to 60$and if C banks hold on neutral and there would be average inflation of 4% THEN the pog could reach 85$ by(bye)(buy)in 1980 ----------well they got that wrong !!---i dont know where the price for paper gonna end but if you listen to JIM ROGERS he talking 50k all i know is that its dirt cheap STILL

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

What happened to the 100oz house?

But fair enough, would not want to part with all of my metal for a house.

Was impressed with Peter Schiff's standard; DOW/Gold 1:1.

100oz was in the US in 1980. UK was 82oz, or so. :) Double-whammy: Sterling down AND houses down. No problem.

EDIT: Here is more on the topic:

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=195370

in may 1972 (pog 52$) consolidated gold field wrote in there yearly report that there is the possibilty that pog can go to 60$and if C banks hold on neutral and there would be average inflation of 4% THEN the pog could reach 85$ by(bye)(buy)in 1980 ----------well they got that wrong !!---i dont know where the price for paper gonna end but if you listen to JIM ROGERS he talking 50k all i know is that its dirt cheap STILL

Totally agree with you. Every opportunity I get to buy a coin or bar, I will be buying faster than I can check the price of it.

Am not sure how much longer this cat will be able to stay in the game, hoping it just goes sideways for the summer.... year. :rolleyes:

Investment Funds seen moving from oil to gold.

Coming just as the price of oil fell sharply, the word here in London has it that several large investment funds – keen to maintain an inflation hedge but concerned by political and regulatory meddling in the energy markets – are switching out of traded commodities and moving into gold.

"There's [still] a lot of worry about inflation," as Mario Innecco, a broker in Gold futures at MF Global in London to Bloomberg today. So with politicians and media accusing commodity traders of "hoarding" necessities, the switch into non-essential hard assets – such as Gold Bullion – becomes ever-more attractive.

"The Gold Market has to be prepared for a reaction to a possible puncturing of the oil price bubble," writes Lawrence Williams for MineWeb. Ajay Kedia, head of Kedia Commodities in Mumbai agrees, telling Myiris.com today that demand for gold "as a hedge against inflation" may be affected by a drop in the price of oil.

http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/node/2473

Gold goes up as oil goes down?

100oz was in the US in 1980. UK was 82oz, or so. :) Double-whammy: Sterling down AND houses down. No problem.

this could get even cheaper the picture on the wall hasnt turned up yet there is something out there we havnt seen yet and most will be chucked off this bull run get silver for daliy life ---20-1 cos the baker will heat his oven with your paper--- can go in this remodelling of our banking system 1oz gold 3 to 5 of silver time will tell

this could get even cheaper the picture on the wall hasnt turned up yet there is something out there we havnt seen yet and most will be chucked off this bull run get silver for daliy life ---20-1 cos the baker will heat his oven with your paper--- can go in this remodelling of our banking system 1oz gold 3 to 5 of silver time will tell

by the way 24 oz gold germany 1923 not a house but a bloody hole block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree with you. Every opportunity I get to buy a coin or bar, I will be buying faster than I can check the price of it.

Am not sure how much longer this cat will be able to stay in the game, hoping it just goes sideways for the summer.... year. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

What does it all mean? :D

post-1176-1213973051_thumb.jpg

Price has broken out of it's downward trend, is above the 50dma, upper bolinger band and a penannt (triangular shape)or continuation pattern is present. Could indicate a reversal of trend if accompanied by large volume and exits the range less than or equal to 2/3rds of the way along the formation "which it is". One caveat, the top of the spike on (March 17th Bear Stearns day)is being used for the upper trend line so this may affect the validity of the break out. Is that correct?

Gold should be breaking out right now given the sorry state of the dollar today. I'm adding to positions now, just because it's a friday doesn't mean gold can't rise. If we pop through $910, the rally should give us another $10-20. I'm willing to risk a bit to get part of that action.

I'll hold as long as we hold $898.

look at the ratio we are at a all time low oil can do what it wants if you look at the ratio high then take the middle gold is dirt cheap bingo :blink::o so im on a weeks holiday hope ive given you lot something to think about up the spurs

You had a beer? :lol:

And a merry mid-summer to everybody.

(Plenty of beers going down here in Northern Europe tonight, what with it being mid-summer :) .)

Gold May Rise to $5,000 on Inflation, Schroder Says (Update1)

By Bei Hu

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...fer=commodities

June 19 (Bloomberg) -- Gold prices may rise to $5,000 an ounce as investors seek to protect themselves against accelerating inflation, said Schroder Investment Management Ltd., which oversees $277 billion of assets globally.

``You could easily see for the next several years that prices rise not to $1,000 an ounce, but prices rise to $5,000 an ounce or beyond as inflation psychology becomes more and more embedded and people become desperate to have a source of value,'' said Christopher Wyke, London-based emerging market debt and commodities product manager at Schroder, which oversees about $10 billion of commodity assets.

Only $5,000 :unsure::D

Investment Funds Seen Moving from Oil to Gold for "Inflation Defense" as Political Witch-Hunt Jumps Borders

-- Posted Friday, 20 June 2008

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1213966940.php

"There's [still] a lot of worry about inflation," as Mario Innecco, a broker in Gold futures at MF Global in London to Bloomberg today. So with politicians and media accusing commodity traders of "hoarding" necessities, the switch into non-essential hard assets – such as Gold Bullion – becomes ever-more attractive.

"The Gold Market has to be prepared for a reaction to a possible puncturing of the oil price bubble," writes Lawrence Williams for MineWeb. Ajay Kedia, head of Kedia Commodities in Mumbai agrees, telling Myiris.com today that demand for gold "as a hedge against inflation" may be affected by a drop in the price of oil.