• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

100oz was in the US in 1980. UK was 82oz, or so. :) Double-whammy: Sterling down AND houses down. No problem.

EDIT: Here is more on the topic:

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=195370

Thanks GF for that link. Was a good read with some interesting strategies on how to value gold in the long run. Yet I wonder if further practical considerations need to be considered within the larger theory. What I mean here is that say hypothetically oil "blew off" in a couple of months time and a lot of money went to gold and say gold went to $2000 or $3000, would you sell a percentage of your gold at that time? And if so what kind of percentage? I am not so much thinking here of playing the market, that is, selling the bullhorn and buying the fishing line [which by the way I am sure will work for many in the interim] but exiting the market altogether when the bull is in its last stages. After all, all good things must come to an end.

I guess I am thinking here of reverse dollar cost averaging. As a safe way to get into the early stages of a bull market is to dollar cost average - buy in at regular intervals, the dips etc- so also, the safe way to exit a bull market is to sell at regular intervals at certain spikes. Tactics, besides a long term strategy, are also important.

Just a few thoughts,

God I am glad I am not in financials.

"Right now, the rare-coin market can't get any lower... Dealers are hardly making anything on these coins as it is. And the price of gold has sneaked above $900 again. In my newsletter, I'm returning our gold coins to a "buy.""

http://www.dailywealth.com/archive/2008/jun/2008_jun_20.asp

coins indeed very cheap, almost spot price, I am buying silver coins next week since bullion may be falsified but coins are too cheap to mess with this. it is better to hold the less possible fractionable form of metal when we deal with physical.

MP calls for mass squirrel cull

Are you worried they will start trading in dead squirrels, that the squirrel market will collapse as the government confiscates all the squirrels it can find or that the squirrels are actually the evil oil speculators that have been making the black stuff so expensive?

Maybe they'll just grab their nuts... :blink:

Are you worried they will start trading in dead squirrels, that the squirrel market will collapse as the government confiscates all the squirrels it can find or that the squirrels are actually the evil oil speculators that have been making the black stuff so expensive?

Maybe they'll just grab their nuts... :blink:

Precisely. But when it comes to such squirrel skin inflation the Scandinavians, Finns and Russians have no compare. Just need a decent shotgun (tricky with a hunting rifle, they being small and mobile, little chaps). I wonder what the grey/red ratio is these days?

After that they could become so rare that there might be a, horror of horrors, deflation.

Cue, our mate, Magpie.

(And it's all very well with crows, but just don't stone the wrens.)

:)

Precisely. But when it comes to such squirrel skin inflation the Scandinavians, Finns and Russians have no compare. Just need a decent shotgun (tricky with a hunting rifle, they being small and mobile, little chaps). I wonder what the grey/red ratio is these days?

After that they could become so rare that there might be a, horror of horrors, deflation.

Cue, our mate, Magpie.

(And it's all very well with crows, but just don't stone the wrens.)

:)

Far easier to catch with a trap, than shoot; the meat is a bit greasy but perfectly edible.