CNBS is like a comedy today. The shock and horror at all this unjustified weakness in stocks.

And quote of the day which says it all (re Golden Sacks downgraded GM & Citi):

"And they did it just 3 days before the end of the quarter"

They appear nigh on incredulous that GS could even dream of hosing their rivals so they can buy up their stock nice and cheap ready for the next bounce :lol:

The Fed statement was so wishy-washy that, frankly, they'd've been better off hiking cos looking at the Dow's numbers off 230 points so far this morning, at least the dollar would be firmer against the euro. Brent Light Sweet is showing more expensive than WTI - I've not seen that before . . . has anyone else ?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The Fed statement was so wishy-washy that, frankly, they'd've been better off hiking cos looking at the Dow's numbers off 230 points so far this morning, at least the dollar would be firmer against the euro.

Interesting... they're wheeling out the technical analyists now talking about the S&P, FTSE-100 both being at or around trend and risking critical support. All good for gold although I haven't seen that chart pulled up yet!

Interesting... they're wheeling out the technical analyists now talking about the S&P, FTSE-100 both being at or around trend and risking critical support. All good for gold although I haven't seen that chart pulled up yet!

Very nice day for gold, yes and very encouraging to see the $910 resistance looking like becoming support.

Incidentally, has anyone heard from Dr.B ?

What happens at 6pm then?

EDIT: Bizarre, looks exactly like the daily consolidation of the last few weeks.

EDIT2: Broke to the downside

Mangaed to us ethis to rationalise my silver position for a better buy in hopefully later today or tomorrow.

The Biggest German news magazine reports on hidden US-inflation by smaller package sizes.

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,562320,00.html

This is something I have definitely noticed; super markets know how price-sensiive people are so they resist price increases by reducing portion sizes. I hardly ever eat at McD's, but I had a fillet-o-fish the other day and it's almost miniscule! M&S portions are smaller too; e.g. the puff-pastry salmon things - almost no salmon inside them.

The Biggest German news magazine reports on hidden US-inflation by smaller package sizes.

]

yeah well spotted, the trend is showing up in this country two im afraid, 1.5 litre coke now 1.25 litres and 25p more is just one example i have spotted (i have been aware of this trend from america from reading urbansurvival.com an excellent longwave economics site that im sure many of you know about)

the fed is truly trapped between fire and ice as they say, interesting to see how the oil situation plays out coming up to the election now that obama has given the nod to the israel lobby (regarding iran etc) any pressure from the elite to try to keep the republicans in power in november is lessend and the economic cat may well be allowed totally out of the bag now in particular in relation to oil etc.

does anybody knows what's wrong with silver? Gold going up, but silver stuck between 17.40 and 17.20, how is this possible? Gold/Silver ratio is now 53 ... and what happend to the average 51.74 we had just three months ago ????

weird...

does anybody knows what's wrong with silver? Gold going up, but silver stuck between 17.40 and 17.20, how is this possible? Gold/Silver ratio is now 53 ... and what happend to the average 51.74 we had just three months ago ????

weird...

Silver. Less liquid and much smaller market. More volatile. It will catch up. Maybe more massively than we can imagine at the moment.

Days like today feel good in gold. $30 in one day. How often has gold done that? Upwards I mean! Do we think that this is the start of the next move up or just another high in the current trading range? Seems a bit to early in the summer for Gold to be shooting up if sell in May and ago away is correct this year.

I don't see this rally as the big one to $1200 like Jim Sinclair sees. We're still in a consolidation period here imo. The real upside movement in gold will come as and when we break out past $1033 probably in September or October but who knows... ?

I don't see this rally as the big one to $1200 like Jim Sinclair sees. We're still in a consolidation period here imo. The real upside movement in gold will come as and when we break out past $1033 probably in September or October but who knows... ?

What we need now is a period of consolidation firmly above $900.

Jim predicted that gold would face one more battle to get through $1000 and fail on the first attempt and succeed on the second.

Check this guy out if you haven't seen him before. I watched these two episodes last night.... very interesting stuff.

Krassimir Petrov on Gold

Part 3 - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=976700141486118374

Part 4 - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1383332369012611726

Easier going than the credit derivatives lectures, great lecturer though IMHO.

50% physical, authorative confirmation of the imminent.

Top hole, thanks