• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Narco they removed your post on HosePriceCensorship all you said was "secret location" didn't even mention any names or websites! :lol:

Yep. Any mention of goldfinger or pluto and posts are being removed....

We need to try getting more of the good people on board. I'm not sure they are seeing this blatant censorship.

Just because it's only been in recent weeks that I've felt I have enough spare cash to consider buying some gold and/or silver, I don't have any so far, which of course means that, if I were to choose to buy some today (for example) all of my holding would be at today's prices.

It feels as though buying into gold when it's had several months of good, solid bullishness is the behaviour of the herd, and I'm trying to avoid that, especially when (a ) I don't feel sufficiently well-informed to work out the odds of continued short-term bullishness, or (b ) it seems that a number of commentators for a while now have been suggesting a correction in gold's price in fairly short order (not least of which are Frizzers' own thoughts as in today's Money Morning).

Given that I'm looking towards at least medium-term investment (say no less than a year, and possibly quite a bit longer), would you consider it best just to buy some gold in light of its slight correction in the last day and to weather the possibility of greater short-term corrections soon, or perhaps await a greater correction in the coming days and weeks, then jump in, again for a medium-term period?

I accept that any replies won't count as investment advice, but I'm aware that many of you may speak from the stand-point of already having significant holdings (which, of course, were purchased at a cheaper price), rather than considering the position of currently having no holding at all.

Thanks, as ever, for any thoughts!

How much are you planning to convert to gold & silver?

Yep. Any mention of goldfinger or pluto and posts are being removed....

We need to try getting more of the good people on board. I'm not sure they are seeing this blatant censorship.

yes its out of order. Cant see any way of letting others know about it. How about we buy a big flashing advert on HPC directing ppl here?

yes its out of order. Cant see any way of letting others know about it. How about we buy a big flashing advert on HPC directing ppl here?

I been barred too LOL.

I'm gonna register with the 5 or so free email addresses i have and do not use.

and post as many links as possible here.

Strange thing is I was only praising the mods a couple of days ago, and I never insulted or said anything to them directly or indirectly. All I said is I was going to leave and they got all bent out of shape.

The owner of HPC is one Brendan McLoughlin.

Financial Planner is a very active poster on this board. he's recently turned relatively bullish on the US banking sector and if not bearish then certainly less bullish on gold. His opinions are his own but i don't think he'd change his opinions for a "bung" . . .

Something has changed his mind. He was only a short while ago saying transfer pensions out of stocks and into cash in advance of a big crash. Now he's bullish. I can't see what has changed. Go figure.

I been barred too LOL.

I suspect it's a bit trickier than that...

You'll need another IP address (preferably another ISP), one that doesn't look anything like your previous address and another PC probably... :lol:

Strange thing is I was only praising the mods a couple of days ago, and I never insulted or said anything to them directly or indirectly. All I said is I was going to leave and they got all bent out of shape.

If it's any consolation, I still don't know why I got banned at the time...

I been barred too LOL.

i been banned twice by olfart

ya gotta be crafty

there are good folks at hpc that we need to help or at least give them the info so they can make an informed decision

pm folks one by one?

Never mind those losers. It reminds me of Charlie Brooker's TVGoHome entry for 'Planet Littlejohn':

11.30 Planet Littlejohn Computer simulation show in which Richard Littlejohn is given a virtual planet of his own to run as he sees fit. Day 34. Having seen all human life wiped out by six consecutive world wars, Richard starts trying to get the vegetation to fight among itself.

Planet Oldie is rather similar - doubtless once it is only RB posting 800 times per hour he will be in complete and utter control, and blissfully happy.

Back to biz - do I see another growth spurt building in our young Gold bull?

Never mind those losers. It reminds me of Charlie Brooker's TVGoHome entry for 'Planet Littlejohn':

Planet Oldie is rather similar - doubtless once it is only RB posting 800 times per hour he will be in complete and utter control, and blissfully happy.

Back to biz - do I see another growth spurt building in our young Gold bull?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rimmer World

Dear GoldThreadII members.....

I’m another HPC convert.

I’ve learned so much from the old thread (and enjoyed reading it), so I should start by saying thanks to everyone for the education and entertainment.

I’m a hard working young brit who got interested in gold about a year ago as a non-paper means of saving money (for a deposit once the property market gets sensible). I now keep about 40% of my savings in gold, having raised the amount slowly.

I’m not an expert on gold markets like some learned individuals on here but I understand the fundamentals.

I do however have a job that puts me in touch with an excellent spectrum of ‘UK Joe Public’, be it rich or poor, educated or not. I shall try and contribute with any info on the sentiment of the UK public towards investing in gold. I believe the drivers of the market will change as ‘global Joe Public’ starts getting in on the action in the post $1000 media spotlight.

At the moment, the UK population seem pretty oblivious IMHO, even amongst the business-minded, those with money to invest, and those that read the financial sections of the press.

Diet Cola Addict

Dear GoldThreadII members.....

I’m another HPC convert.

I’ve learned so much from the old thread (and enjoyed reading it), so I should start by saying thanks to everyone for the education and entertainment.

I’m a hard working young brit who got interested in gold about a year ago as a non-paper means of saving money (for a deposit once the property market gets sensible). I now keep about 40% of my savings in gold, having raised the amount slowly.

I’m not an expert on gold markets like some learned individuals on here but I understand the fundamentals.

I do however have a job that puts me in touch with an excellent spectrum of ‘UK Joe Public’, be it rich or poor, educated or not. I shall try and contribute with any info on the sentiment of the UK public towards investing in gold. I believe the drivers of the market will change as ‘global Joe Public’ starts getting in on the action in the post $1000 media spotlight.

At the moment, the UK population seem pretty oblivious IMHO, even amongst the business-minded, those with money to invest, and those that read the financial sections of the press.

Diet Cola Addict

welcome!

anecdotal sentiment is always useful!

yes cgnao errol etc i/put wd be cool, i'm sure there are 100s pf lurkers at hpc who wd come here if they knew the url...

LOL That is so funny, thanks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gold really wants to close at an all time high today. That will be bullish for tomorrow. It seems the market didn't like the ambac deal, it seems there are only two banks as backstop. Don't laugh - Barclays and Citi. I kid you not, some of this stuff you can't make up. The same turd names crop up all over the place. Silver taking no prisoners today and what about that yuckie black stuff - oil. 5% today. The masses are going to have to MEW to fill up soon.