Hi all,

Never posted much on the other side, even after 3 years - Lurcio by name and nature. Almost felt like a panic attack seeing everyone leaving but was mighty relieved when I found G0ldfingers 1st post here and then see everyone else turn up.

I finally got into gold last year, which I put that down to Pluto. I have listened to G0ldfinger when deciding how much was needed for that house and Errol and CG every time I was worried - Hell I can almost feel a tear and hear Max Bygraves shuffling that deck of cards. Anyway just wanted to thank you all for the advice and starting my research going.

I'll try and get two more posts and break the record.

Welcome aboard. :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Pooof. There goes the money. That's what happens if you hold 'paper' in this environment.

Peloton ABS Fund Investors May Get Nothing Back (Update2)

By Tom Cahill and Katherine Burton

March 5 (Bloomberg) -- Peloton Partners LLP, the London- based firm that's liquidating its largest hedge fund after ``severe'' losses, probably will have no money left after creditors are paid, co-founder Ron Beller told investors on a conference call, two people who listened to his comments said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

I realise that should the silver market crash, it will seriously collapse. If that is the case then I'm keeping my silver as part of a long term retirement plan. I have no exit plan on silver at all. I'll probably offload half my gold at around $1650 to pay down some debt.

I have a stash of pre 1947, mostly half crowns. Not very nice to look at though, very worn, dirty and beaten up. :lol:

I can't wait to get my hands on those brand spanking philharmonikers I\ve just ordered. :lol::)

If Gold collapses central banks will buy, but they don't buy silver. However, for commodities to collapse, there has to be hikes in interest rates alla Volcker.

If anyone is looking for a sell signal that will be it - serious hiking of interest rates. It took 18% interest rates to kill the last Gold bull.

Narco, in your opinion what do you think would make the silver market crash?

Would it be as a result of a gold crash?

Or could something completely independent make silver crash while gold still carried on upwards?

And from your retirement comment, if the silver market collapsed, do you think it would take years to recover?

I look at the previous bull run (even though there were different circumstances surrounding silver back then) it went up like a rocket and came down like one as well.

I see a lot of investment demand will come flying into silver which would have normally gone into gold. If a reversal comes, I'd expect silver to tank again.If things get out of hand though (hyperinflation style) you'll be very happy to have kept hold of silver.

As far as the longterm goes, all I know is that silver is extremely cheap right now and I don't plan to sell it cheap.... :lol:

HI GUYS!

I FOUND YOU, I FOUND YOU. :lol::lol::)

I'm sooo happy i found you - I know I'm about 3 days behind everyone else, but I found you all at last! Things on housepricecrash.co.uk have decsended into a farce now - I only joined recently, but already I have discovered what a sad little bunch of bumrubbers the mods are. It's worth a look in to see how dead it is there now. - thank goodness some of the old schoool are hanging around long enough to get the word out to those who are desparate to leave.

Great to be here!

Yepp. And Jim Rogers beats the drum for it too.

BTW, RK from HPC, wasn't he the super-duper gold shorter? I bet he shorted the hell out of $965.

I hope he is doing OK. :lol:

I thought RK had some "Mystique" till he admitted that he made $100 Dollars!!!!!! shorting gold in a month!Could you be bothered!?

He's very bitter over there reading his posts now everyone has left seems like we all let him off his leash! :lol:

Haha remember this:

Goldfinger-- to RK------"And how are our gold shorts doing today?"

Hope everyone is clickin the ads in case we get booted off when Mr.Bubb returns. :)

If Gold collapses central banks will buy, but they don't buy silver. However, for commodities to collapse, there has to be hikes in interest rates alla Volcker.

If anyone is looking for a sell signal that will be it - serious hiking of interest rates. It took 18% interest rates to kill the last Gold bull.

I think it will take more than rate hikes. It will probably require a completely new currency (maybe something along the lines of jim sinclairs gold certificate idea)...

I really think all faith will eventually be lost in fiat paper this time around as people will realise it is the reason we're in this mess.

HI GUYS!

I'm sooo happy i found you - I know I'm about 3 days behind everyone else, but I found you all at last! Things on housepricecrash.co.uk have decsended into a farce now - I only joined recently, but already I have discovered what a sad little bunch of bumrubbers the mods are. It's worth a look in to see how dead it is there now. - thank goodness some of the old schoool are hanging around long enough to get the word out to those who are desparate to leave.

Great to be here!

Well done! And welcome to the new home of The Gold Thread :P

I think this one is pretty important - I greatly respect the person writing this Sinclair analysis ... I was wrong about Coporation X, it is Goldman Sachs, NOT Barrick...

This gets quite scary when you think that Blait is now on board with Sachs (he always was) and GS - didn't they advise on the Northern Wreck debacle???

Anyhoos...

My interpretations are as follows:

Jim stated that the dollar will fall to .52 and possibly to .50 where an immediate implimentaion of a new gold standard will occur. He only defined it as a new gold standard that will have partial gold backing.

Company X is Goldman Sachs. Jim told everyone to again study the Ashanti case. Ashanti's shares did not go to the bank overseeing the resolution, they went to Goldman Sachs. GS is indirectly positioning to control a large portion of the world's future gold production.

A major player in gold derivatives is the Carlyle group. Jim hinted that in his opinion both Goldman Sachs and the Carlyle group are at the top of the pyramid. Instead of mentioning names, he told everyone to use the internet to extensively search both corporations to learn who is running the show.

Nothing can prevent golds run to $1650. He said there are higher angels above that but, would not comment on them now. He stated that silver will outperform gold until gold hits $1650. then , he expects silver to have a significant fallback while gold will not.

Billy - my view/hunch too, I am leveraging silver right now and do not intend to get greedy. I will jump ship back to all gold circa 1500-1600+++ ish or whane the ratio drops to 35 or less...

He stated that the junior shares will take off when multiple new discoveries are made. New discoveries will attract the volume needed to overwhelm all the short positions. This implies that the junior shares are not a short term play for most investors. Those who can stay put over the next three years will be greatly rewarded.

Billy - I don't trust the system in 2011-2012 to pay up - for that and other reasons I am totally out of paper gold/silver in any form

HI GUYS!

Great to be here!

welcom sbn!

i have NOOOOO sympathy for those facist rude blinkered 'moderators'

they will need to get new jobs flipping burgers at mickey Ds.... :P

HI GUYS!

Great to be here!

Hi SBN - you little terror.

Please tell - which covert technique helped you find us?

Nothing can prevent golds run to $1650. He said there are higher angels above that but, would not comment on them now. He stated that silver will outperform gold until gold hits $1650. then , he expects silver to have a significant fallback while gold will not.

I am all ears to Jim Sinclair's thinking.

$1650 will probably be too low though before the powers that be finally decide to get a grip on the situation. I just don't see why they would want to stop there when so much more debt in the system can be purged through further currency debasement.

Billy - I don't trust the system in 2011-2012 to pay up - for that and other reasons I am totally out of paper gold/silver in any form

There are two sides to every paper/digital transaction. Presently paper fiat sits on one side of every trade. As Gold/Silver climbs above 1500 bullion will be harder and harder to obtain resulting in real gold trading at a premium to paper gold. The situation is already true today. You can buy 1M or more in silver from an ETF, try and buy the same in physical. The warning bells are going off everywhere, soon the sub is going to dive, you don't want to be stuck on deck when it does.

There are two sides to every paper/digital transaction. Presently paper fiat sits on one side of every trade. As Gold/Silver climbs above 1500 bullion will be harder and harder to obtain resulting in real gold trading at a premium to paper gold. The situation is already true today. You can buy 1M or more in silver from an ETF, try and buy the same in physical. The warning bells are going off everywhere, soon the sub is going to dive, you don't want to be stuck on deck when it does.

well said - as for 1650 i think it is way too low, and i'm sure Jim will set new Angels as we approach 1650 - for mine, i'm expecting at least 2000/2500, but exponentially higher too would not surprise me...

Hi SBN - you little terror.

Please tell - which covert technique helped you find us?

It was one of the posts that was there for about a minute before they managed to delete it. You'll just have to be quicker HPC mods!!! - I suggest you stay up all night to catch anyone who happens to broadcast this location at 4:00 in the morning - Is my account deleted yet?

BTW housepricecrash.co.uk - deleting threads that make you look stupid just makes you look like a sad bunch of insecure F**ktards.

I was wondering if anyone was holding gold stocks?

I hold a few on AIM and have owned for over 6 months now.

They are:

HMB - a small time producer looking to ramp up production just started pouring, growing production but recent boiler explosion - an unfortunate fatal accident may have caused a sell of which has undervalued this stock - production halted whilst explosion is investigated, may be a good buying opportunity - i used it to top up. Using the shutown to build infrastructure so production can be increased when they reopen.

CEY - multi million ounce gold resource in egypt (pre production) with some phenominal drill results, the long term chart of this stock is a rising trend and IMO has some way to go yet. one of my best performing stocks - i got in under 60p, lots of potential still exists in this one IMO.

MCR/MML - small time producers hoping to increase production - their long term charts are rising trends, but not done to well recently, hopefully increase in production this year will help the SP.

LRL - good management, based in china with a couple of million discovered under their belt - recently tippped by frizzers (moneyweek)

OVG - major multi million ounce silver play, recently completed BFS - production possible Q1 2009.

GDP - extract gold and have poured some, they extract from the waste of others - i have a very small position with these as i cannot value the company on proven underground resource - i think they are also exploring.

I also own a coal to liquids play - ANR.L, bought at average 3.5p, this company has massive potential and is a very long term hold. Based in Australia and backed by AUS government, relatively risk free, excellent rail and logistics around them, billions of tonnes of coal in the ground, financial backing from China/Hong Kong in progress, major shareholders include large institutions - this could become a multi multi bagger - they expect to start production 2012/2013 but may get taken out before that - significant upside potential.

I am looking at some US/CAN based stocks, but to be honest with you, my current AIM stocks only represent about 15% of my portfolio - the rest is bullion, i have had excellent returns in the physical and it is less stressful just holding the stuff rather than the equities- it is fun and a good ride though playing stocks and my portfolio is up, just not as much as the physical . . . . .?yet?

Brace yourselves. Investors are finding it harder if not impossible to get their lolly back:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/00efeb82-eb00-11...00779fd2ac.html

Highland, which manages $40bn, made its name by investing in the leveraged loans that private equity firms use for acquisitions – and then driving hard bargains with borrowers. Its tactics have included demanding big fees before agreeing to concessions for companies that had difficulty paying back debts.

Like other investors, it has been hammered by the falling prices of leveraged loans. Highland’s main hedge funds, investing in distressed debt and other credits, were down 11.5 per cent to 14 per cent in January. While it is not clear how it fared in February, Highland’s recent performance contrasts with gains of 30-40 per cent in 2006 and 2007.

As a result, Highland executives, led by co-founder Mark Okada, are engaged in an intense dialogue with investors to discourage them from withdrawing their money[/b].