Do you think the Gold seasonal August low is now in?

Makes alot of sense that this could be the right level.

Several lows have been called by me (and others) previously, so we shall see

Lit NOW!!!

Does anyone recall the exact level of the mid-March high??

Remember this?:

aa2pf7.gif

High Closing Gold was $1,022 (??)

x SQRT (Fibo.6812): 0.8257

= Adj.Number .......:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Makes alot of sense that this could be the right level.

Several lows have been called by me (and others) previously, so we shall see

Lit NOW!!!

On 08/08/08 at 8:08:08am the chinese lucky number meaning wealth & prosper.

Numbers in Chinese culture

Eight

The word for "eight" (八,捌) in Mandarin (Pinyin: bā) sounds similar to the word which means "prosper" or "wealth" (发 - short for "发财", Pinyin: fā). In regional dialects the words for "eight" and "fortune" are also similar, eg Cantonese "baat" and "faat".

There is also a resemblance between two digits, "88", and the shuang xi ('double joy'), a popular decorative design composed of two stylized characters 喜 (xi, 'joy', 'happiness').

Telephone number 8888-8888 was sold for USD$270,723 in Chengdu, China.

The Summer Olympics in Beijing are scheduled to open on 8/8/08 at 8:08:08pm[2]

A man in Hangzhou offered to sell his license plate reading A88888 for RMB 1.12 million.[2]

Dragon Fish Industry in Singapore, a breeder of rare Asian Arowanas (which are "lucky fish" themselves, and, being a rare species, are required to be microchipped), makes sure to use numbers with plenty of eights in their microchip tag numbers, and appears to reserve particular numbers especially rich in eights and sixes (e.g. 702088880006688) for particularly valuable specimens.[3][4]

From the Watch the Silver Turd thread :lol:

The last 2 times the daily RSI indicator for silver has hit below 30 like this there has been a significant rally.

Let the buying begin... COME ON, EMPTY YOUR POCKETS.

ps. I've used blue circles because I hate red at the moment.

silverlow.jpg

From the Watch the Silver Turd thread :lol:

The last 2 times the daily RSI indicator for silver has hit below 30 like this there has been a significant rally.

Looks as if $25 in the not too long distance is in the cards.

On 08/08/08 at 8:08:08am the chinese lucky number meaning wealth & prosper.

NOW that the moment has come, look for the Chinese to start buying gold / Selling dollars.

They want to celebrate the arrival of their Gr-8 Nation

No offence, but I think the problem with this is how can anyone trust the seller ?

You do have to be careful out there :D

Can't he just sell them back to coininvestdirect at a reasonable price below spot ?

He could ebay it or sell it back to CID but I thought my friends here might be able to get a bargain from a fellow member considering the mark up they make and save me the ebaying hassle as he does not have an ebay account. Id buy it but Im fresh out of BS money! I will have some though.

Temporary (?) bid drop in the Euro (FXE) ... update

It has also come to the 252d.MA

I think exact intra-day high was 1032

sorry but could you spell out the above?

Sure, how's this :

=============== $1,032 TOP

x SQRT (Fibo.6812): x 0.8257 (that's a meaningful number, SQRT of 68.18%

TARGET ======== $ 852 RETRACEMENT LOW

Howzat ??

Sure, how's this :

=============== $1,032 TOP

x SQRT (Fibo.6812): x 0.8257 (that's a meaningful number, SQRT of 68.18%

TARGET ======== $ 852 RETRACEMENT LOW

Howzat ??

$850 region looks to have lots of support based on MAs, previous bottoms and retracements, but for it to hold are we predicting the end of the correlation with Euro/Dollar and Dollar Index, or are we prediciting a change of direction for the dollar too?

$850 region looks to have lots of support based on MAs, previous bottoms and retracements, but for it to hold are we predicting the end of the correlation with Euro/Dollar and Dollar Index, or are we prediciting a change of direction for the dollar too?

I could see several turns from today's extremes:

Gold, Euro, other currencies, ...

So with GLD touching my $84 target (Gold-$850) I am buying GLD calls in a size that I have never done before. I wanted some gold exposure, and this looks a good time to get it.

I am buy in-the-money GLD calls of various maturities

this silver at 15.25 looked to me an absolute bargain and I took some

Well done! That's about £7.95 right?

My next buying target is £7.50 if it gets there ($14.5 at current exchange rate), whereupon I'll double up my investment. My existing wadge averages out at £8.56, so that'll bring my overall average down to todays price range. If it doesn't drop that far (and I don't actually think its likely to) then I'm still very comfortable with my existing holdings.

But I'm planning to invest a lot more in oil if/when it falls to 110, then double up at 100, then again at 90, and then again at 80. I have reserved the funds accordingly. If all those buys happen, I'll be in big time with a break-even of below 90 ...and I'm damn sure oil is going a long way above 90 in future years - so a 'risk free' investment! (and possibly a way to make a lot of money)

But I'm planning to invest a lot more in oil if/when it falls to 110, then double up at 100, then again at 90, and then again at 80. I have reserved the funds accordingly. If all those buys happen, I'll be in big time with a break-even of below 90 ...and I'm damn sure oil is going a long way above 90 in future years - so a 'risk free' investment! (and possibly a way to make a lot of money)

What vehicle for the oil if you don't mind me asking?

OK, so my package with coins that I ordered from CoinInvestDirect Monday afternoon has arrived. I ordered gold and silver coins. The silver coins (1oz Maples/Eagles/Philharmonikers, all from 2008) have all arrived, no problem. They are very beautiful - I had no idea. Silver is good stuff, not only gold, I have to say. Man, I feel rich now. Forget $15 or $20 for silver. This stuff is worth much more. You can tell from just looking at it.

I have ordered some silver philharmonicas from coininvestdirect. The price is sooo good even though I cannot avoid UK Vat.

They are now selling polythene tubes for 20 which is good although you have to order and pay for the tubes separately.

The Philharmonica packaging was absolutely terrible the last time I received some - some had even come out of the packets in transit.

I agree they really are beautiful and so incredibly reflective of light they are dazzling, however, they quite rapidly tarnish if exposed to air so decent packaging is essential IMO.

I have ordered some silver philharmonicas from coininvestdirect. The price is sooo good even though I cannot avoid UK Vat.

They are now selling polythene tubes for 20 which is good although you have to order and pay for the tubes separately.

The Philharmonica packaging was absolutely terrible the last time I received some - some had even come out of the packets in transit.

I agree they really are beautiful and so incredibly reflective of light they are dazzling, however, they quite rapidly tarnish if exposed to air so decent packaging is essential IMO.

hmm last time i ordered some coins - not a great amount, 10 phillies and 10 maples - they both came in tubes. I suspect it depends if they have some spare knocking around or not.

And yeah mine are going a bit brown now, though they have been in the tube. Saying that, I do keep taking them out and admiring them...

2 years ago I knew we were in for a very rough ride and a year ago I did not quite get it (I was hoping for a standard crash with the accompanying deflation and stock market collapse and general asset reset) but in the last 6 months I finally got it (that this mess is too big for deflation to be allowed to take control) and bought into PM’s. I have chosen to buy 2 out the 3 times where I felt the need for gold most, each of those times gold rather coincidently then took a spanking. This recent time I even waited for a correction expecting them to take it down but have still managed to make a significant paper loss.

It is remarkable that the stock markets have only had one day of true panic (27th Feb 07 when the DOW fell 600 points before the PPT stepped in) from then on the stock market has been heavily managed, initially up on take over and warren buffet rumours to gain as much ground as possible before the inevitable sh!t hit the fan and then down without any big falls and crucial days being heavily protected with them often ending up. The commodities were starting to put too much pressure on the DOW and have now temporarily been dealt with.

I have now read enough to know what the outcome is likely to be and articles like this just confirm it http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JH08Dj02.html. But their control over the markets is making me doubt there is anything an individual can do to protect themselves from their master plan to resolve this mess.

It is such a strange world that they monetize F&F debt and gold falls over 10%. With this control and with the general public very unlikely to realise they are being brought to the boil on the pot is there really scope for PM’s to be our saviour?

:(

...I even waited ...but have still managed to make a significant paper loss.

...their control over the markets is making me doubt there is anything an individual can do to protect themselves from their master plan to resolve this mess.

First - yes, a paper loss, so don't loose any sleep :)

Second - it would be interesting to discuss (or on a related thread) with the very well informed posters whtehr what they are doing is actually a good or a bad thing. ...my views might surprise you :)

2 years ago I knew we were in for a very rough ride and a year ago I did not quite get it (I was hoping for a standard crash with the accompanying deflation and stock market collapse and general asset reset) but in the last 6 months I finally got it (that this mess is too big for deflation to be allowed to take control) and bought into PM’s. I have chosen to buy 2 out the 3 times where I felt the need for gold most, each of those times gold rather coincidently then took a spanking. This recent time I even waited for a correction expecting them to take it down but have still managed to make a significant paper loss.

It is remarkable that the stock markets have only had one day of true panic (27th Feb 07 when the DOW fell 600 points before the PPT stepped in) from then on the stock market has been heavily managed, initially up on take over and warren buffet rumours to gain as much ground as possible before the inevitable sh!t hit the fan and then down without any big falls and crucial days being heavily protected with them often ending up. The commodities were starting to put too much pressure on the DOW and have now temporarily been dealt with.

I have now read enough to know what the outcome is likely to be and articles like this just confirm it http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JH08Dj02.html. But their control over the markets is making me doubt there is anything an individual can do to protect themselves from their master plan to resolve this mess.

It is such a strange world that they monetize F&F debt and gold falls over 10%. With this control and with the general public very unlikely to realise they are being brought to the boil on the pot is there really scope for PM’s to be our saviour?

:(

Welcome, Dr bubb used to welcome everyone personally but I think such a large number of posters from HPC are arriving here now he does not always manage it.

As for PM's a year or so ago i felt they might make me lots of money, now i think that is still possible but it's more likely they will preserve some wealth when all about are losing most if not all theirs.

First - yes, a paper loss, so don't loose any sleep :)

Second - it would be interesting to discuss (or on a related thread) with the very well informed posters whtehr what they are doing is actually a good or a bad thing. ...my views might surprise you :)

Start that thread, as you suggest it is likely to generate some interesting discussions. Can we really want a completely apocalyptic outcomes so our gold does well?

I am reading The Final Crash by Hugo Bouleau for a second time (because my understanding, as described in the earlier post, has moved on and I am getting more out of it and also because things have moved on with the crisis since I read it last year). There seems very little they can do to get out of this mess other than inflate. It should not be possible because it should crash the bond market and drive up general interest rates but we live in funny times, they seem to have a fiddle for everything.

Welcome, Dr bubb used to welcome everyone personally but I think such a large number of posters from HPC are arriving here now he does not always manage it.

Thanks, I have been following the site for a while and noticed more and more of the people I visited HPC for turn up here so have finally made the jump. There is little that needs to be discussed on the HPC issues now.

As for PM's a year or so ago i felt they might make me lots of money, now i think that is still possible but it's more likely they will preserve some wealth when all about are losing most if not all theirs.

Well, my wealth has not been preserved particularly well going down the route of PM's (But that is more to do with my terrible timing, for which I slowly learning to improve!) The thing is I understand the arguments, I know what challenges they face and there only route out but they have bouncers on the fire exits!

Well, my wealth has not been preserved particularly well going down the route of PM's (But that is more to do with my terrible timing, for which I slowly learning to improve!) The thing is I understand the arguments, I know what challenges they face and there only route out but they have bouncers on the fire exits!

Volatility in everything including the gold price should increase as high finance becomes more overstreched and unstable.

Also like the Ottoman Empire the untenable can exist for much longer than you expect just through sheer inertia, though surely it cannot last that long!!!