Went into the Jewelery quarter IN Birmingham - canvased the area - various places and they are BOOMING ..... gold has reached the masses ..... we are entering the crazy phase. Gold will go over $1k this week or next I reckon.

The Jewelers are melting down the Krugerrands - there is NOWHERE in Bham that has ANY to sell.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

HI GUYS!

I FOUND YOU, I FOUND YOU. :unsure::angry:;)

I'm sooo happy i found you - I know I'm about 3 days behind everyone else, but I found you all at last! Things on housepricecrash.co.uk have decsended into a farce now - I only joined recently, but already I have discovered what a sad little bunch of bumrubbers the mods are. It's worth a look in to see how dead it is there now. - thank goodness some of the old schoool are hanging around long enough to get the word out to those who are desparate to leave.

Great to be here!

Its great that the good spirit was not lost and continues here. And its good too see so many regulars have made it here. Silver is over 21 an ounce, nice work. I could do with a pull back as I have fake money to convert to real money.

Hehe-hello Pluto and Goldfinger, glad I found you both alive and well over here. Wow, bit of a blaze of glory there over on the HPC forum-Im impressed ;):unsure:

Edit to add something ON topic: Hope you're right whoever mentioned $100 silver!

Look who's there, STC! Hi there. Well, welcome. Every now and then we need someone to tell us that we are all wrong, deluded, and should get out of PMs asap. :angry:

Dollar index heading for the 72's. Not pretty.

Looks pretty bad. Gold strangely enough not yet attempting $1,000, but silver over $21. :P

Just thought I'd say hi to all the HPC gold thread crew. Glad to see everyone is in the same place again.

Like my new Silver Bull avatar?

Looks pretty bad. Gold strangely enough not yet attempting $1,000, but silver over $21. :unsure:

Hi Goldfinger,

I am interested to know what you think is going to happen with silver, when the gold/silver ratio gets to 35. I have a larger amount of silver in goldmoney than gold and plan on changing some to gold when the ratio hits around 35-40. Figured it was a good way to get more gold for my money, but am starting to wonder if continuing to hold might be a better idea.

Glad the HPC crew has found a new amicable home.

PiXeL8r...

Hi Goldfinger,

I am interested to know what you think is going to happen with silver, when the gold/silver ratio gets to 35. I have a larger amount of silver in goldmoney than gold and plan on changing some to gold when the ratio hits around 35-40. Figured it was a good way to get more gold for my money, but am starting to wonder if continuing to hold might be a better idea.

PiXeL8r...

I have pretty much the same thoughts as you. But maybe I would only replace something 50% silver by gold then. I( would not really expect the ratio to go below 35:1 this time. From the recent history, I would expect a spike soon, but there is no reason why there shouldn't be another, higher one a few years later.

Hi Goldfinger,

PiXeL8r...

Remember metal to metal transfers costs a premium, i thought about it but haven't bothered - there was an article on FSN about doing this as a strategy to gain more ounces for your money, but this was about exchanging gold for silver.

You could use some TA to decide when the ratio is ready to bounce off a trend line but it may shoot through it and the ratio drop further - I personally feel the best strategy is to just hold. A metal to metal transfer may be more relevant when the gold/silver ratio is high (basically silver is cheap compared to gold), remember silver is highly manipulated and if silver shorts are killed (they are wounded at the moment), the ratio could drop a LOT more than 35.

Hey guys, how to I set my avatar?

I've added a picture in my profile to Personal Photo, but I can't see a bit for the avatar...

click on 'my controls' top right menu and look for update avatar in the left hand menu pane.

Hi everyone.

I am new here. This is my first post and at the same time my first thread.

I am sort of looking for a new (internet) home after the environment over at HPC.co.uk got too annoying, with people moving the very popular gold thread around all the time. Maybe information on gold and related matters are more appreciated here.

Anyway, should the moderators here deem this thread inappropriate, I would be happy to be moved. The theme of this thread should be general information on gold, gold as a macro-economic variable, and its relationships with other investements/assets, like e.g. houses. Money/credit/debt issues are of course of interest as well.

My idea was to put it in the main forum because I like broad discussions. And my main reason for coming here is that the HPC-gold thread was moved from the main forum which reduced the number of posts/posters on it, and just made things much more inconvenient.

I hope that is OK with the philosophy on this forum here.

Regards,

GF

PS: I chose the name 'G0ldfinger' since I am/was 'Goldfinger' on HPC. No offense to the holder of the name 'Goldfinger' on this forum here, who seems to exist as well.

No problem.

I havent had time to read through it yet. But in principle, it should be very welcome here.

I made a minor change in the title, pinned it, and may try to find a way to add Chart links

for easy access

= =

For those who wondered, WHERE IS BUBB?

I have been in Toronto for the PDAC mining conference, and arrived back in HK a few hours ago

Remember metal to metal transfers costs a premium, i thought about it but haven't bothered - there was an article on FSN about doing this as a strategy to gain more ounces for your money, but this was about exchanging gold for silver.

You could use some TA to decide when the ratio is ready to bounce off a trend line but it may shoot through it and the ratio drop further - I personally feel the best strategy is to just hold. A metal to metal transfer may be more relevant when the gold/silver ratio is high (basically silver is cheap compared to gold), remember silver is highly manipulated and if silver shorts are killed (they are wounded at the moment), the ratio could drop a LOT more than 35.

The exchange fee is 2%. When I started buying silver it was 56 to 1, I will exchange at around 35 to 1 which easily makes up for the 2% commission charge.

Currently I am 75/25 silver to gold will change to maybe 50/50, Maybe a bit more till the ratio changes back.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Carlyle Fund Gets Default Notice After Margin Calls (Update4)

By Joseph Galante and Edward Evans

March 6 (Bloomberg) -- Carlyle Capital Corp., the publicly traded credit fund private-equity firm Carlyle Group started last year to invest in AAA rated mortgage securities, failed to meet margin calls and said it received a notice of default.

Is this a different Carlyle? Or is it the bad guys?

The exchange fee is 2%. When I started buying silver it was 56 to 1, I will exchange at around 35 to 1 which easily makes up for the 2% commission charge.

Currently I am 75/25 silver to gold will change to maybe 50/50, Maybe a bit more till the ratio changes back.

That's IF the ratio changes back - that's a very big IF.

A new trend channel may be born or silver may bounce around without any significant ratio changes to the upside, I am not saying don't do it - just be careful and make sure you reasearch well before you do it - this thread may be of help when you decide.

I am just buying more of one or the other than exchanging metal to metal.

If you look at the long term gold/silver ratio this may be a contining trend all the was down to 16:1, silver:gold.

Gold_Silv_0403.gif

No problem.

I havent had time to read through it yet. But in principle, it should be very welcome here.

I made a minor change in the title, pinned it, and may try to find a way to add Chart links

for easy access

Hi Bubb. Many thanks for granting us asylum. Must feel a little like the parents coming home and the teenage-son's party is in full swing, but he had not asked his parents if a party in their house would be OK. :)

Hi Bubb. Many thanks for granting us asylum. Must feel a little like the parents coming home and the teenage-son's party is in full swing, but he had not asked his parents if a party in their house would be OK. :)

LOL. An interesting way to put it. (wink)

Thank goodness, no furniture has been broken yet (as far as I can see).

That's IF the ratio changes back - that's a very big IF.

A new trend channel may be born or silver may bounce around without any significant ratio changes to the upside, I am not saying don't do it - just be careful and make sure you reasearch well before you do it - this thread may be of help when you decide.

I am just buying more of one or the other than exchanging metal to metal.

If you look at the long term gold/silver ratio this may be a contining trend all the was down to 16:1, silver:gold.

Thanks for your great reply and that great chart, I hadn't seen that one before. Maybe will keep more silver after seeing that one. Didn't realise that the ratio had been 17x as recently as 1968.