• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Yep, predictable as ever. And there'll be another one just before the London PM fix. Same old story.

Sooner or later the dummies will learn (although a even a lab rat would have picked it up by now).

Pretty ridiculous price management attempt. The EUR at 1.53. Yeah, good idea, let's sell some gold! :):lol:

:) Hi Pluto. It just got too ridiculous over there.

The thing is, the people most emotional about gold are those who hate it or don't have it.

And not having it is not a financial matter, since until recently gold was very cheap.

And even now almost anyone in the industrialized countries should be able to afford a few coins.

Interesting point, and very true (those who dont have any/much, dont see gold merits.)

The mainstream is not on board yet, but more and more are watching the steam come out of the funnels,

and eyeing the saling schedules (of the good-ship GOLD)

Jeez, I've been practically the only person commenting on gold on here for a while.

Poor DrBubb is going to get a huge shock when he next logs in :)

Steve

Steve,

There were regular comments by various posters on GEI's own Gold comments thread:

... 2008, First half

But they were nothing like as "fast and furious as these".

I think the historical gold calls here have been rather accurate, but we tend to comment

more on HUI, GDX, and the Junior miners (CDNX), because that is where many of GEI's

traditional posters are concentrated (speaking for myself anyway.0

As some may know, I am very close to 100% long, and plan to do some selling into the

current rally as it crosses $1,000.

I expect to sell down 30-50% of my position as we head into late March/ April, do to

"seasonal factors" which I have laid out elsewhere

= =

"DrBubb is going to get a huge shock when he next logs in"

AM I Surprised?? You bet.

But part of me wonders... what took you so long to get here?? LOL

Steve,

There were regular comments by various posters on GEI's own Gold comments thread:

... 2008, First half

But they were nothing like as "fast and furious as these".

I think the historical gold calls here have been rather accurate, but we tend to comment

more on HUI, GDX, and the Junior miners (CDNX), because that is where many of GEI's

traditional posters are concentrated (speaking for myself anyway.0

As some may know, I am very close to 100% long, and plan to do some selling into the

current rally as it crosses $1,000.

I expect to sell down 30-50% of my position as we head into late March/ April, do to

"seasonal factors" which I have laid out elsewhere

How far do you think the rally will cross over $1K and where might it drop back to ?

Yep, predictable as ever. And there'll be another one just before the London PM fix. Same old story.

Sooner or later the dummies will learn (although a even a lab rat would have picked it up by now).

The 1,000 barrier will be interesting to see breached. The media coverage will be huge, one thing is for sure it isn't going to bobble around 1,000 for too long. It is going to be another major leg up, or as oil did, a 10-20% correction.

Interesting times for sure.

Hi everyone.

Thanks GF for giving me the push to come here. Hopefully I can learn as much here as I did on HPC in 2006/2007. I haven't really learned much over there since I started posting in spring '07.

Alternative energy, rather than Gold is the real reason I'm glad to be here though. Can a helpfull person point me in the direction of a good thread for a newbie, who thinks they are are going to throw a shed load of (additional!) incentives at that sector?

There is plenty of rich content here, and fewer "Master threads".

You may need to poke around a bit to find what you like, and I encourage that kind of exploration.

You may find it rewarding.

Please post on threads you like, since that will encourage their development

If you're wondering what your crime is, you could refer to the HPC Forum Rules:

"Any posts questioning a moderators decision, or the forum rules, will be deleted." :)

Such RULES do not exist on GEI.

I am interested (so far) to learn what people would do differently

Fubra owns HPC. Don't be misguided, forum's are not an easy street to riches and they take time and resources and if there was enough in it - sure mods would be paid, don't get excited magpie :)

THat is true.

The ad revenues here pay for the hosting, and I havent made a single pence from GEI yet.

But there has been a wealth of ideas exchanged here- which is the real point of it.

THat is true.

The ad revenues here pay for the hosting, and I havent made a single pence from GEI yet.

But there has been a wealth of ideas exchanged here- which is the real point of it.

Like all good seeds they take a while to flourish. This site is positioning itself well for when the masses realise that ALT energy and commodities are the world's future.

THat is true.

Yep, mine covers the hosting and some beer/do money but every month is different, I am quite content with that

Point # 8: Gold Shares, especially Juniors

Someone asked Jim if he had $100,000 to spend right now and the choices were physical metal, top tier producers, or junior mining companies, which would he chose. He said he would go with the juniors, providing that the junior is a company with both good property, and good management. He said it is unbelievable the number of depressed investors who write to him daily regarding the poor porformance of the gold stocks relative to the price of gold.

I agree with this.

Newcomers to GEI may want to look at the "Tracking Juniors" thread ,

to see how we assess the value of Juniors/ CDNX in relation to Gold, and Majors/ HUI

Link: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=2717

Without a doubt what we are witnessing at HPC is pure hate. Many of these folks have lost a shedload of paper money, and they are lucky to earn 5% in funny money from high street banks. They fail to realise that this is FAR LESS than the real rate of inflation. What little equity they may have left after bad decision after bad decision is being decimated now if they are not in a true currency i.e. gold.

They wander onto a 9,000 page gold thread and realise (wrongly!!!) that they've missed the boat! They see folks making over 50% in metals in a year or 18 months.

Money is still being made:

+ In gold and gold shares, and

+ In Hong Kong property, where prices are now rising about 1% a week !

That rise should be no surprise when you consider what happens when you take a strong HK property

market and throw those US rate cuts at it

I re-registered.

They won't let me post, so i lurk on gold threads so my new name 'gold_thread_in_GEI' can be seen.

LOL. How creative

I was wondering if anyone was holding gold stocks?

I hold a few on AIM and have owned for over 6 months now.

LOL.

I have about 60 positions. Almost all trade in canada.

At the moment, they are like a self-replenishing piggy bank.

I take money out to buy property in Hong Kong, as the value of the account rises.

Money management and diversification at the same time !

Marc Faber on the economy and commodities. He's right up there with the Peter Schiffs of this world imo. :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?clipS...5g.9Aykh2hA.asf

Marc Faber always has an interesting "big picture" perspective.

But i dont think he is a brilliant trader- For example, he was friendly to the dollar, and cautious about

gold as we went into 2008.

Listen to the 2008 Forecasts from these folk:

"Our all-star line-up of experts make their predictions in a Special New Year’s Commodity Watch Radio:

Dr Marc Faber

James Turk

Michael Hampton

Zapata George

Campbell Smyth

Dave Skarica

Jim Rogers "

Where? / Here: http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/

And see who you think hit the most bullseyes. It wasnt Faber IMHO. But I always listen to him anyway.

How far do you think the rally will cross over $1K and where might it drop back to ?

My best guess* is that gold runs up to $1050-1100 before falling back to maybe $930

= =

But in the meantime, I would guess* that Gold may need to make a double bottom below $970,

before running up throw $1,000

*"Guess" is the right word for these forecasts of mine

LOL.

I have about 60 positions. Almost all trade in canada.

At the moment, they are like a self-replenishing piggy bank.

I take money out to buy property in Hong Kong, as the value of the account rises.

Money management and diversification at the same time !

Bubb, I have no mining shares yet, only physical. I was thinking about opening an ISA and buying mining shares through it. How restricted would I be because of it being an ISA? I don't know much about it, any links on GEI on this topic? I mean, I listen to FSN/CWR etc. and hear about all these good stocks (with good potential), but could I actually buy them here in the UK through an ISA? Cheers, GF.