Boy am I glad I've found this site.

Goldfinger - thanks for the link from your http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=195370 posting.

I've been in cold turkey for a few days now - but the fix feeeeels goooooood!!!

Double bonus DrBubb is on this thread as well

Keep up the good work guys :)

BTW - any comments on this article http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/gold_doll...dence_030320082

Do we really think gold can hit $5000?

The estimates are all over the place. However, if we refer back to history you will see that gold went from $35 to $850 in the 70s. That is what 22X. So, lets say we had a similar run from $250. $250 X 22 = $5,500.

Of course this time we could go 50X, depending on political events.

It really pains me to think that if I get that kind of gain I have to hand a substantial slice of it to the chancellor - what a con! My risk his gain - how does that work?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Boy am I glad I've found this site.

Goldfinger - thanks for the link from your http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=195370 posting.

I've been in cold turkey for a few days now - but the fix feeeeels goooooood!!!

Double bonus DrBubb is on this thread as well

Keep up the good work guys :)

BTW - any comments on this article http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/gold_doll...dence_030320082

Do we really think gold can hit $5000?

It really pains me to think that if I get that kind of gain I have to hand a substantial slice of it to the chancellor - what a con! My risk his gain - how does that work?

I can quite easily see $5,000. We are in uncharted waters with the possibility of systemic financial collapse - frankly I think anything can happen over the next 3-4 years.

Surely if you buy bullion from various dealers in tranches of less that £10,000, you can then sell whenever you like - why in hell should you pay any taxes at all? It's your fiat money, you take the rsik, why give your profit to that fat slob Cyclops Brown? With physical bullion there is no CGT. If it is stored in quasi ETFs then that's a different matter.

With stocks you pay taxes too, so if you are going to trade gold or silver, spread betting is the way to go.

Hi Dr Bubb and consa fizzlers.

I'm shorting 2 kruggers at the moment on Ebay, :)

and i also would like to start gently and get into some of these wonderfully cheap junior mining exploration companys,that axstone, Chapman,Sinclair are raving about, is there any way to do it in the U,k. i really know sweet f a about brokers, all these different letter meanings and chart stuff, apart from rockets going to the moon pictures.

Would it be too much to ask how to start a thread with Q&A doing this and explain it all in pure simpleton terms to the uneducated novices like myself and others that have join here recently before all you's chappies make a fortune in juniors while us other poor unfortunate lost souls are only holding lowly gold bullion coins and silver and so on, and (EtfS) i have already learnt that etfs means-not enough to go around in the case everyone demands theirs, like the banks on fractional reserves. :P

I think it would be good for this site to educate the complete novice's like me. And make us Rich

I can quite easily see $5,000. We are in uncharted waters with the possibility of systemic financial collapse - frankly I think anything can happen over the next 3-4 years.

Surely if you buy bullion from various dealers in tranches of less that £10,000, you can then sell whenever you like - why in hell should you pay any taxes at all? It's your fiat money, you take the rsik, why give your profit to that fat slob Cyclops Brown? With physical bullion there is no CGT. If it is stored in quasi ETFs then that's a different matter.

With stocks you pay taxes too, so if you are going to trade gold or silver, spread betting is the way to go.

In the 70s Gold went from $35 to $850 (22 times) If we use the same example $250 X 22 = $5,500.

Hi Dr Bubb and consa fizzlers.

I'm shorting 2 kruggers at the moment on Ebay, :)

and i also would like to start gently and get into some of these wonderfully cheap junior mining exploration companys,that axstone, Chapman,Sinclair are raving about, is there any way to do it in the U,k. i really know sweet f a about brokers, all these different letter meanings and chart stuff, apart from rockets going to the moon pictures.

Would it be too much to ask how to start a thread with Q&A doing this and explain it all in pure simpleton terms to the uneducated novices like myself and others that have join here recently before all you's chappies make a fortune in juniors while us other poor unfortunate lost souls are only holding lowly gold bullion coins and silver and so on, and (EtfS) i have already learnt that etfs means-not enough to go around in the case everyone demands theirs, like the banks on fractional reserves. :P

I think it would be good for this site to educate the complete novice's like me. And make us Rich

You got a link for your ebay auction? I just bought 15 and maybe I get some more.

You got a link for your ebay auction? I just bought 15 and maybe I get some more.

No problem,but i'm hanging onto the other 3 or 4 in my procession buried in a forest hhmm i forgot where i put them now. :)

here's the link anyway azazel, don't worry the coin isn't sitting on used toilet-roll. :P

One guy is bidding on them at the moment , the other 1 just below it. starting at 400

I'm paying the 2 car insurance with these babys and saving my other paper money, to put into a wheel-borrow to go down to Tesco's for a loaf of bread in 6 months,if Cgnao is right. :)

I hope this does not break any rules here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Krugerrand-1oz-Gold-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Would it be too much to ask how to start a thread with Q&A doing this and explain it all in pure simpleton terms to the uneducated novices like myself and others that have join here recently before all you's chappies make a fortune in juniors while us other poor unfortunate lost souls are only holding lowly gold bullion coins and silver and so on, and (EtfS) i have already learnt that etfs means-not enough to go around in the case everyone demands theirs, like the banks on fractional reserves. :)

This sounds like an excellent idea.

I just saw this posted on HPC by a regular:

"ok we all know gold is different and it got moved, however when compared with an asset such as a house it was very very important to compare the two. why ? gold has over 3000 years been a store of wealth whereas fiat money has lost 98% of t's value in the last century and therefore cannot be judged as an accurate valauation of property. SO we need to keep a perspective of the Gold:Property ratio and value housing against gold in the general forum. Moderators trying to remove the connection based on a limited lifetime of 45 years as adults should be ashamed. . it is a sad day that moderators in thier ignorance make arbitory decisions to remove something just because it is labelled GOLD rather than PROPERTY. Unless gold is restored in the next 24 hours to the General form I'm afraid it is another member lost."

They want to stop posters talking about Gold but they can't.

No problem,but i'm hanging onto the other 3 or 4 in my procession buried in a forest hhmm i forgot where i put them now. :)

here's the link anyway azazel, don't worry the coin isn't sitting on used toilet-roll. :)

One guy is bidding on them at the moment , the other 1 just below it. starting at 400

I'm paying the 2 car insurance with these babys and saving my other paper money, to put into a wheel-borrow to go down to Tesco's for a loaf of bread in 6 months,if Cgnao is right. :)

I hope this does not break any rules here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Krugerrand-1oz-Gold-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Are you not pretty gutted to be exchanging your gold for an insurance policy? Don't think I could stomach that :)

There are lots of krugerrands going on Ebay for about £525 including P&P. Yet you can get them on coininvestdirect.com for £505 incl P&P. I guess its best to wait until near auction end and check the spot price out before bidding. I will keep an eye on your coins and hope you get a good price. (or I will bid on them :P)

http://coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=215

http://listings.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsocmdZList...earch&fgtp=

I just saw this posted on HPC by a regular:

"ok we all know gold is different and it got moved, however when compared with an asset such as a house it was very very important to compare the two. why ? gold has over 3000 years been a store of wealth whereas fiat money has lost 98% of t's value in the last century and therefore cannot be judged as an accurate valauation of property. SO we need to keep a perspective of the Gold:Property ratio and value housing against gold in the general forum. Moderators trying to remove the connection based on a limited lifetime of 45 years as adults should be ashamed. . it is a sad day that moderators in thier ignorance make arbitory decisions to remove something just because it is labelled GOLD rather than PROPERTY. Unless gold is restored in the next 24 hours to the General form I'm afraid it is another member lost."

Having made a note of HPC's Alexa ranking on Tuesday just as the gold thread got butchered, which happened to be at 30,700ish, I now see that since then, HPC's ranking has dropped some 10% in just two days, down to 33,300.

As they say, get rid of gold at your peril...

The heat is being turned up. Hedge fund investors are finding out their lolly is gone and the hedge fund itself is going poof!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/feedarticle?id=7363891

Amid the grim news, investors dumped mortgage securities and even stocks. The fears also led to weakness in corporate debt as money switched into safe-haven U.S. government bonds for fear of holding onto anything that might be contaminated by credit risk.

That wouldn't happen to be dollars would it?

In the last hours of the old gold thread, I made several posts trying to plead the case that that type of thread could serve as a starting point for people unfamiliar with modern fiat monetary systems and how very new they are: an essential education which could be priceless (I nearly wrote gold-dust :P ) for people who are unfamiliar with it - I reckon over half the population.

As you probably know the last dozen or so pages were deleted and it is now closed and banished to the dungeon.

My ability to post there seems to have been disabled entirely. :)

Gold might prove to be a festering sore for them.

Top post by the regular; doubtless to be met with a 'get lost then' reposte by the hardly-moderate moderators. They are trying to 'make light' of the shotgun blast they gave themselves to the foot now, but reading between the lines they are papping themselves at the prospect of being left with a forum of 90% newbies on one side and RB on the other.

Edit: As I said, between the lines they are papping it - despite 'washing his hands' of the thread, Der Oldher will 'try re-opening it in a few days'. I'm not sure if Swarfega will remove Gold dust?

Edit 2: Sorry to whine on about this, but it gets my goat. CTT has just justified the banishment of the Gold thread because in a poll 'only a 144 votes cast and a membership of nearly 10,000' - the poll actually showed only 19% of these approved the de-facto censorship of Gold, considering the chain-of-consciousness pap that occupies the main forum.

He knows full well most of these members are inactive. Hell, most of them have probably been banned for whistling on a Tuesday, or other crimes.

Found this amazing currency converter it will convert ounces of gold,silver,platinum and aluminium into any world currency.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...;submit=Convert

Would it be too much to ask how to start a thread with Q&A doing this and explain it all in pure simpleton terms to the uneducated novices like myself and others that have join here recently before all you's chappies make a fortune in juniors while us other poor unfortunate lost souls are only holding lowly gold bullion coins and silver and so on, and (EtfS) i have already learnt that etfs means-not enough to go around in the case everyone demands theirs, like the banks on fractional reserves. ohmy.gif

This sounds like an excellent idea

There is a funds thread here might be good place to start a thread/questions ?.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....amp;s=&f=11

Today we saw what many, but especially Jim Sinclair, try to tell the more recent goldbugs: the swings will get more violent, downwards and upwards. Trading this will become next to impossible. The only people who will profit in this enviroment will be longterm holders and brokers. The Shorterz will not give up so easily. While I think they will get wiped out, the only way to avoid pain will be to totally ignore them, and maybe buy the dips.

Still haven't decided what I will do with the little cash I have leftover. Euros (will have bills in EUR soon), silver or mining stocks? Difficult. But from a more fundamental perspective, the stocks seem to be a screaming buy.

Are you not pretty gutted to be exchanging your gold for an insurance policy? Don't think I could stomach that :)

There are lots of krugerrands going on Ebay for about £525 including P&P. Yet you can get them on coininvestdirect.com for £505 incl P&P. I guess its best to wait until near auction end and check the spot price out before bidding. I will keep an eye on your coins and hope you get a good price. (or I will bid on them :P)

http://coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=215

http://listings.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsocmdZList...earch&fgtp=

Yes i am gutted, i have used all my paper money and bought real money coins. :)

Seriously i am going to use the paper money shorting the Kruggers on Ebay, for car insurance, because the other half won't let me into her bank account, in case i go and buy more gold and silver, with it,she wants to keep some in the credit union so she can queue outside in the rain like Northern crap bank, so she can gossip and smugly think that we're protected 100% owning gold.

Naw i don't mind selling them, i want to have them in my feedback to show buyers that i'm trustworty if the time comes to sell more in a hurry.

The kruggs will be replaced again as my small one man buissness will be near operational soon.

That coininvestdirect seems cheap.

I rung Bairds when they were selling Kruggs at 505 sterling and asked him what they would buy back for and he said 485. :)

I will stick to selling on Ebay if the need comes.

I've been exploring the investing Threads here investing etc, and saw the word derivatives,Etf, and so on,so i'm coming back here i am too scared to be investing in them.

I wonder have the people here like dr bubb etc, have got their certifcates in their procession, are do they leave them in the brokers office's safe. Paranoia creeping in after reading Jim Sinclair methinks. :lol:

Must be Deflation then. :lol: :lol:

This will be the first K-winter with globally fully fiat monetary systems. I guess the helicopters were primitive back in the '30s. I really wonder how this will play out.

Ive heard that the next big bubble will be in green energy, so hopefully I will learn a bit here when the time comes to invest.

Regarding the Krugerrands on Ebay, Ive noticed that things are hotting up on with more buyers to compete with. I plan to sell some of my PM on ebay but not for a while yet. Its quite a good gauge of public awareness.