• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Fascinating article by Antal Fekete regarding recent PM volatility and using basis as a trading tool:

Prices, price ratios, volume and open interest statistics, COT reports can be, and probably are, manipulated and falsified in order to mislead market participants and scare them away from real gold. They can have paper gold as much as they want, provided that they are willing to settle in cash. They are offered a posh spot in fools' paradise. But no matter how all these signals are manipulated or falsified, the basis is a pristine market signal that never lies. It can be neither manipulated nor falsified because it shows the divergence between paper gold and real gold. It is a seizmographic signal that picks up rumblings in the bowels of the earth half way around the globe, foretelling the coming of earthquake. The basis will tell you well in advance when all the offers to sell real gold or silver are about to be withdrawn in all the markets of the world. Once that happens, infinite demand will confront zero supply. Don't say it can't happen here. It has happened locally in France in 1796, in Germany in 1923, in China in 1947, to mention but three episodes. This time it will happen globally. I shall tell you all about it in Canberra.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-11110.htm

A friend of mine was telling me how his 4 bed Victorian end of terrace house in Dorking , Surrey sold for £400 around 1900. That would be 400 sovereigns, or about 100 ounces of gold, which reminded me of Goldfingers historical average house price in gold thought. His house is reasonably average with some nice historical features. Much nicer than some of the houses built today. He recons its worth about £300,000 today or 2600 sovereigns, about 650 ounces of the real money.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...17050602AAsDgq0

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Will get much worse for at least two years. The elites who run the world economy are playing games with the economy, once it gets so bad they will buy business and banks and cheaper prices just like they did in the great depression. There is no shortage of oil or food, but that's what the government want you to believe so that you pay higher prices for them.

When asking Western school children about the significance of Waterloo, the answer will be something along the lines of ‘the decisive battle between Napoleon and an English lead European coalition’. In fact, the future of the European continent was perceived to depend upon the battle of Waterloo. If Napoleon won, France would have been confirmed as the undisputed master of Europe. If Napoleon was beaten, England would have become the leading power in Europe and greatly expand its sphere of influence.

What Western school children are not taught - for obvious reasons - is the much bigger story behind the official narrative, the story of one of the biggest frauds in human history. Nathan Rothschild, the head of the English branch of the Rothschild crime family, took advantage of his advance knowledge of the outcome of the battle by tricking the London Stock Exchange into believing that Napoleon had won. The resulting crash of the Exchange enabled Nathan Rothschild’s agents to buy the entire London stock market for a Penny in the Pound and seize control of the Bank of England.

This shameless fraud was ruthlessly repeated in 1929. The private owners of the U.S. Federal Reserve, Rothschild subsidiaries J.P. Morgan, City Bank and Chase Manhattan Bank were awash with money earned by financing World War I. Using their market power, Rothschild’s agents first engineered an artificial boom in the stock market, tricking smaller banks and private investors into putting huge amounts of money into the stock market and then deliberately crashed it, enabling the Rothschild agents to buy most of the U.S. stock market. The ripple effect of the New York crash also enabled Rothschild agents in other countries, such as Germany, to buy local corporations at a fraction of their actual value.

Eighty years later, it looks like our ruling psychopaths are at it again. They are systematically destroying trust in the U.S. dollar, causing holders of large amounts of green bags to sell them. At the same time, the Rothschild’s are preventing the European Central Bank from printing sufficient Euros for U.S. Dollar owners to exchange all of their holdings into Euros. That way Dollar owners are forced to buy gold instead, causing the gold price to explode.

Simultaneously, the Rothschild’s are using their influence on the media sector to spread rumours of an imminent crash of the U.S. Dollar and international stock markets. As per usual, in the day and age of infowar, those rumours first started in the alternative Internet based media, only to spread into the mainstream business media. Last week’s ‘global stock and credit market warning’ of the Rothschild owned Royal Bank of Scotland means that the next Waterloo must be imminent.

All it takes is a trigger such as a thwarted Israeli attack on Iran or the blocking of the Persian Gulf for oil transports, followed by a major stock sell-off by Rothschild agents. Once the world’s stock and credit markets have completely crashed, the price of an ounce of gold will be in the thousands, enabling the Rothschild’s and other owners of large gold holdings to buy the market for a fraction of their true value.

Quite a nice little article here:

Price Down, Demand Up

2008 american eagle coins By Debbie Bradley, Numismatic News

August 28, 2008

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Articl...;ArticleId=5202

Unfortunately, over time, Crane said he expects to see the price of gold and silver go up.

"I say unfortunately because that means the American dollar is weak so the price of food goes up, gas goes up, cost of living goes up, so gold and silver will go up," Crane said.

Thomas agreed.

"The economy to me doesn't seem that it's getting any better. Real estate hasn't hit bottom. The economy is really not rebounding," Thomas said.

Gold and silver are hedges against economic downturns, Thomas said, not necessarily a get-rich investment.

"When house values go down 20 percent, chances are gold went up 20 percent," Thomas said. "If you don't own precious metals and gold, then you have stocks and a home that go down, but you don't have the gold that goes up."

It's a matter of strategic investing, he said.

"If the economy is going to get worse, increase your position in precious metals," he said. "When the economy goes up, then divest a bit and reallocate your money."

Think of it as part of an investment portfolio, he said.

"If they think of it as getting rich, they become speculators and are bound to lose," Thomas said.

People should look at it as a balancing act, he said.

"But people want to get rich quick," he said. "They need to take a more planned approach to it."

As for Crane, he's in it for the long haul.

"It's hard to predict, but my guess is that if you're looking five years out you'll be glad you bought gold whether it was at $800 or $1,000," he said.

This is a good read:

http://goldchat.blogspot.com/

Bron Suchecki, Perth, WA, Australia

eg

24 August 2008

"The" Gold Price

http://goldchat.blogspot.com/2008/08/gold-price.html

The recent US Mint coin production suspension has, unsurprisingly, resulted in a bit of a premium developing on small forms of gold and silver. A few people have interpreted this as an increase in the "real" price of gold compared to the "fake" price (ie COMEX) and proof of manipulation.

My view is that coin prices are not the real price of gold and should thus not be accorded too much weight in trying to analyse what is happening in the gold market, particularly as it is small compared to the overall market. There are various prices for gold:

1) Spot Price. This is the price for wholesale 400oz bars for immediate delivery (actually, the market works on 2 day settlement) usually ex-London as traded in the over the counter (OTC) market. This is the "real" physical price and is the basis on which all the other prices are set.

2) Futures Price (eg COMEX). This is the price for delivery in the future (ie whenever the next contract is). Americans love to quote this price like it is "the" price of physical gold. It is not, it is a future price. It is related to the spot price, with differences reflecting the relative costs of borrowing cash and gold. COMEX type prices are just an exchange traded version of the OTC forward price, which is a lot more flexible as you can set any date of maturity and amount.

etc etc

------------------

Quite an interesting little discussion follows that article.

GSR - Aug 30

Featured Guest: Robert Kiyosaki: Rich Dad, Poor Dad!

http://radio.goldseek.com/

Some people seem to think Kiyosaki is a crook. Not sure what the status of the public debate on this is. He claims in the show to have sold gold at $700 and that he has been in the oil business since 1966 (that's when he was 19). :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kiyosaki

There is also disagreement over how blurred the line is between fiction and anecdote in many of his works. Critics believe that Rich Dad is fictional and that Kiyosaki created him as an author surrogate (a literary device). In the past, Kiyosaki has maintained that Rich Dad actually existed, but that he died decades before the book was first published. However, he has never revealed his name or any other identifying information. Attempts by outsiders to determine Rich Dad's identity have not revealed a conclusive candidate, despite the prominence such a wealthy individual would likely have had in Hawaii in the 1950s. In the February 2003 issue of SmartMoney magazine, Kiyosaki appeared to back off his claim that his "rich dad" was a real person, instead stating "Is Harry Potter real? Why don't you let Rich Dad be a myth, like Harry Potter?".[14]. However, in page 25 of "Why we want you to be rich", the book he co-authored with Donald Trump, Kiyosaki positively asserts that Rich Dad really existed.

Former real estate investor and author of books on real estate investment John T. Reed has questioned much of what Kiyosaki has claimed to have achieved. According to Reed, much of Kiyosaki's advice is illegal, makes no sense or is the product of "a rather ignorant, not very bright, novice, investor wannabe". [15] He concludes his criticism, saying that "Rich Dad, Poor Dad is one of the dumbest financial advice books I have ever read. It contains many factual errors and numerous extremely unlikely accounts of events that supposedly occurred."

A friend of mine was telling me how his 4 bed Victorian end of terrace house in Dorking , Surrey sold for £400 around 1900. That would be 400 sovereigns, or about 100 ounces of gold, which reminded me of Goldfingers historical average house price in gold thought. His house is reasonably average with some nice historical features. Much nicer than some of the houses built today. He recons its worth about £300,000 today or 2600 sovereigns, about 650 ounces of the real money.

Very interesting anecdotal IMO. And not really surprising either.

Some people seem to think Kiyosaki is a crook. Not sure what the status of the public debate on this is. He claims in the show to have sold gold at $700 and that he has been in the oil business since 1966 (that's when he was 19). :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kiyosaki

I was quite surprised to see this guy interviewed on F Radio. Something strikes me as quite odd about him. Perhaps it is the incongruity of his gleeful grin [someone marketing themself] and his almost sociopathic views.

I was quite surprised to see this guy interviewed on F Radio. Something strikes me as quite odd about him. Perhaps it is the incongruity of his gleeful grin [someone marketing themself] and his almost sociopathic views.

Yes. Some people provide a lot of evidence that he doesn't seem to take details & truth too important. He also seems to have achieved nothing besides his career selling 'advice' on how to get rich, i.e. he was not exactly successful before that.

Robert Kiyosaki crook or not, he will really kick the precious metals into touch.

He has a huge audience with his books, internet sites and TV appearances over in the US. He was probably one of the main people hyping up the housing market.... in phase 3 of that bull run.

I d watch this space, he has a new book coming out with Mike Maloney about investing in Gold and Silver - I believe this will be the start of phase 3 very soon.

Old article but worthy of reading if you follow the Rothschild story

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Vaughn/apr232004.html

Rothschild & Gold

By David Vaughn

Apr 23, 2004

The following comments are dedicated to the announcement that N. M. Rothschild announced this last week concerning their exiting the gold market.

Is this good news or bad news?

I suppose it is really in how you interpret it. Personally, I believe they smell a scandal coming & higher gold prices around the corner & the Rothschild family will participate in no scandal.

Anyway, myself & others, also, believe the news to be bullish for gold! Read the following comments below.

“LONDON, April 14 (Reuters) - NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd., the London-based unit of investment bank Rothschild [ROT.UL], will withdraw from trading commodities, including gold, in London as it reviews its operations, it said on Wednesday.”

“Why is Rothschild leaving the gold business at this time my colleagues and I conjectured today? Just a guess on my part, but suspect:”

*SOMETHING IS AMISS. THEY KNOW A BIG GOLD SCANDAL IS COMING AND THEY WANT NO PART OF IT. …”*…the gold swaps/loans used to rig the price have about run their course – which means the gold market is going to blow up in the years to come.”

*The days of making money on the short side via lucrative hedging programs for producers, etc., is over.” LeMetrople, 4-14-2004

The following comments below are from a commodities & gold trader.

“Approximately 10 years ago Merrill Lynch decided to get out of the commodity markets. At that time I told our other brokers that this marked the BOTTOM of commodities.”

“That prediction was spot-on.”

“Now comes word that the World Gold Council is closing half of its global offices and laying off most of its important analysts. Not only that, but the venerable N.M. Rothschild, an old name in the world of gold dealing, was closing its gold trading operations.”

“As Gartman (Gartman Report) said in response to this news... "THIS IS THE STUFF OF MARKET BOTTOMS, NOT OF MARKET TOPS... or at least that is what we have learned from the past when one 'cartel' after another ended operations after sustained periods of weakness in the commodity they were trying to defend and/or sponsor." Baird Montgomery, Commodities Broker, 4-15-2004

And from the Desk of Nick Nicolaas.

The Macroeconomic Newsletter, Warren Pollock, April 15, 2004

“This move could mean the following; The political confidence of large wealth holders in the US fiduciary responsibility to global banking and governance through mutual interest may have been exhausted.”

“LARGE MONEY MAY BE INSISTING THAT POLITICAL CHANGE OCCUR IN THE US.”

“Significant derivative problems could exist causing Rothschild to have exposures on lent gold that cannot be returned to central banks.”

“Rothschild may be acting upon intelligence it has via its political contacts regarding pending geopolitical threats which could include a wider war in the Middle East or the further isolation of the US.”

“1. Rothschild may be consolidating and accumulating positions in gold in

advance of a global financial collapse, or a US financial collapse.”

Yes, I believe the venerable Rothschild’s are making an exit to make sure they are no where around when the gold scandal comes. In the past they have switched sides on issues when it was to their advantage. And now this move is most appropriate for them.

I have to hand it to Bill Murphy for explaining it best the exit of N. M. Rothschild from the gold market:

“ROTHSCHILD WANTS OUT BEFORE THE PROVERBIAL "S" HITS THE FAN.” BILL MURPHY, LEMETROPOLE, 4-18-2004

Continues from the link