• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Wot, more manipulation? ;)

A question about Goldmoney & BV if I may.

Banks feed the accounts.....LloydsTSB for BV.......all sorts for their customers (inc. me)

Am I being paranoid seeing a problem if/when total meltdown occurs?

If their or indeed your own bank were to go bankrupt this might cause some temporary problems. Maybe even cash deposits could be lost.

If all banks go bankrupt, well, the metal is legally your own property and it becomes a question of how to take delivery. We might then have other, more pressing concerns, though. :blink:

If their or indeed your own bank were to go bankrupt this might cause some temporary problems. Maybe even cash deposits could be lost.

If all banks go bankrupt, well, the metal is legally your own property and it becomes a question of how to take delivery. We might then have other, more pressing concerns, though. :blink:

Thxs Wren :)

At the present rate BV's bank will go down before the ones partner & I use to feed the gold habit

Oh well, Cgnao did say .................. :(

Don't know but Krugs are now £525.37 on CID. :DB)

It's nice to be 'Back in Black'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXaZmY52gHM

Sorry to follow the mighty DC with this...i have been humming this since yesterday and only realised why :lol:

I make the next milestone 922.75

as i speak........smack!!!!!!!!!!!!

platinum has yet to do anything this week (relatively speaking)

is this now a good buy?

I was wondering the same, but also wondering how would be a good way to buy.

Had to share this one................

Watching Bloomberg TV just now - they were commenting on the rise of Gold and the 'fear trade'

A comment from some guy in the industry said 'I wouldn't be surprised to see Gold pushing through $1000 as soon as tomorrow'

Well, THAT caught my ear so to speak.

An interesting thought........

Still, it great to see PMs moving again.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080918/wall_street.html?.v=44

Stocks surge on report of entity for bad debt

Thursday September 18, 3:17 pm ET

By Tim Paradis, AP Business Writer

Wall Street soars on report that federal govenment will create entity to hold banks' debt

NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks are surging with the Dow Jones industrials up more than 300 points following a report that the federal government is considering creation of a repository for banks' bad debt.

CNBC said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is considering creation of an entity like the Resolution Trust Corp. that was formed after the failure of savings and loan banks in the 1980s.

The Dow, which had been showing modest moves in the final hour of trading, jumped nearly 330 points to the 10,939 level following the report.

WTF!!! who farted in the gold exchange????????

I think the drop is related the UK ban on short selling of financials.

I wonder where the panic changes to the the capitalist system will leave us? The theory that installing confidence in the system by not interfering and allowing the free market to determine the outcome seems a long way behind us now. What will it take for people to believe in capitalism the same way they did in the 90s?

It's pretty clear that the long held premise that 'capitalism has won' is on very shaky gound, even David Cameron thinks so!

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a1248668-84d8-11...00779fd18c.html

JFC, volatility doesn't even begin to describe this... $840.... To be honest I'm glad until my STR fund is in my account I was starting to think I'd missed the boat. Still it's not nice to see.

I use Kitco Kcast and I just had to look twice at the movement. Silver lost a dollar in a few minutes, it seems.

You're a brave man indeed if you're putting your STR fund in PMs (I know, cue people telling me that fiat is the biggest risk of all).

I use Kitco Kcast and I just had to look twice at the movement. Silver lost a dollar in a few minutes, it seems.

You're a brave man indeed if you're putting your STR fund in PMs (I know, cue people telling me that fiat is the biggest risk of all).

Prefer cash instead?

British Bulls have a daily Buy confirmed today.

BUY-IF is confirmed by a white candlestick with a higher open. The buying price is taken as today's open ( 8,591.0 ) according to the Rules of Confirmation.

The recent bullish formation leading to the BUY-IF signal is confirmed today. The market seems ready for a new bullish move. It opened today with a gap-up and the day’s activity resulted in a close higher than the open. This is one of our valid confirmation criteria.

The significant failure of the previous SELL signal is unfortunately confirmed too. Our shot went away this time. It is a fact that such signal failures are more unlikely for higher rated stocks, but it is not possible to deal with all the vagaries of the stock market. The signal system, however, continues to do an excellent job in the overall, despite such failures. This can be seen easily with a quick glance to the signal history table.

fiat is the biggest risk of all

Have you ever switched from USD to GBP on bullion vault chart and the graph thinks that the price in USD is GBP making the chart look eyepoppingly tasty?

I just looked at gold in GBP and it was on £840 an ounce! Now that would be volatile!!

fiat is the biggest risk of all

I posted this a while ago, but I'm going to post it again to highlight the volatility of the gold price.

Personally I'd say that if you're risk adverse, at the moment, cash is the place to put your money.

If you can handle volatility of a factor of 10 and greater and like to take the time to predict markets, then precious metals could be a lot of fun, but whatever you do, don't see them as "safe".