• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Closed @ $849.90

Mighty impressive ker, any chance you could do some TA and let me know what you think the six numbers will be for tomorrow nights lottery. ;)

Agreed, excellent call Ker & even the retracement down towards USD820 & then to bounce back at USD 850 support.

If you can call the market again post G7, Sunday night you deserve a beer voucher or two.

QUOTE (Compounded @ Oct 10 2008, 08:43 PM)

Volatility has been predicted to be massive as the system begins it's collapse - it makes sense if you think about it.

If someone is facing margin call or similar squeeze they sell the most liquid asset - gold IMO will be sold and prices affected.

Have to agree.

FWIW the spot price on 10th september was approximatley $750, so as far as I'm concerned I didn't sell any last month so I'm sure as feck not selling any this month.

Next week will be good fun if this week is anything to go by.

We just need to be like little fonzies.

Still is a nice large flag formation. I wonder how big the flag pole and flag will be in 2 or 3 years?

goldflag.jpg

GF you seem very calm about all of this. Doesn't the thread about making gold illegal concern you at all? I take you point of why they made it illegal before, i.e. so they could inflate, but does this remove all doubt?

I gave my arguments. One thing people should keep in mind as well is that it is not only us paupers who bet on gold. There are surely some very wealthy and influential people (with very good lawyers) who do the same. Not sure government would really like to start messing around with them.

I gave my arguments. One thing people should keep in mind as well is that it is not only us paupers who bet on gold. There are surely some very wealthy and influential people (with very good lawyers) who do the same. Not sure government would really like to start messing around with them.

There are some very wealthy people who enjoy cocaine, too. They don't get the law changed, they just avoid it.

Good point, WB is long gold I'm sure he wouldn't be an easy man to side swipe.

Oh MAN why don't I go with my instincts?!!?!?!?

I sold a lot of Gold and Silver at very good prices last night. That spike had "unsustainable" written all over it and we'd had a good week.

Then this morning I gave in to the uber-bull mentality and went and bloomin bought it all back (and more) ... What a complete and utter tool!! I feel like I've been skinned alive. :(

:blink:

Why oh why are you trading this market? If you think gold will go well long term... why not just average in on the dips where you can.

IMO, we may see some massive dips as the idiot market panics to cash from time to time. Good buying opp.

At a later date, when the idiot market panics out of cash, we will see POG go parabolic. Good selling opp.

It becomes patently clear to me that I don't understand any of this.

I thought I was starting to see patterns emerging, but none of it makes any sense.

And as for silver... It has the reputation of being volatile, but this isn't volatility... It'd have to go up sometimes for it to be volatility.

The various NS&I savings vehicles are looking more appealing all the time... :(

IMO, you need to keep your eyes on the horizon in this market.

Remaining focused on the day to day price could make you very seasick. :)

Gold is the strongest currency today. Period.

I feel like I've followed the white rabbit down the hole. Can anyone give me back some semblance of a grasp on 'reality' and tell me why we're having such a massive spike downwards in PMs? The only explanation I can summon up is massive manipulation.

looks like we are in for a period of massive liquidation across the board. Do not be surprised to see liquidation in gold positions also.

Not a time to expect plain sailing IMO, we are in a storm.

As for the hole, the market will be dragged down it also, kicking and screaming, soon enough. :)

Has anyone talked about the Bullionvault disconnect? As I type all visible bid depth in New York is above spot - highest bid $892 and 1.3kg so not nothing. And no one has hit this all day - its been there a while. $917 to buy in NY. I know there are shortages there right now, but no one is arbing this as far as I can see - what is going on?

Has anyone talked about the Bullionvault disconnect? As I type all visible bid depth in New York is above spot - highest bid $892 and 1.3kg so not nothing. And no one has hit this all day - its been there a while. $917 to buy in NY. I know there are shortages there right now, but no one is arbing this as far as I can see - what is going on?

HiMattyboy..

see:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=67269

or

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=67283

or

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=67317

I have never seen it before. I did notice BV were saying more stock arrives tuesday, so it seems their ability to

bound prices to spot within a few % has evasporated with all the buying going on.

I feel like I've followed the white rabbit down the hole. Can anyone give me back some semblance of a grasp on 'reality' and tell me why we're having such a massive spike downwards in PMs? The only explanation I can summon up is massive manipulation.

Medium term the price pressure is probably still upwards in spite of the general deflation, but no need to blame it on manipulation - there is a far simpler explanation:

Everything this week has been driven by a scramble for cash. If someone (or in many cases a fund) has a money in gold, then it is one of the sources of cash they can liquidate. They may believe gold will go up medium term, but hat makes no difference if they are desperate for the cash to bil out another failed asset. So gold falls.

There most certainly are.

yes, we are very close, next week maybe. the stocks should bottom next week, oil should confirm bottom next week, looks like it is almost over for the dollar

James Turk over at Goldmoney has been predicting a USD crisis. Well he would wouldn't he. But he is probably right. The tide's come rushing in and will receed. Probably next year, but given the pace of things....

There's a message on the BV ticker

Limited stocks & US holiday Monday. Lots more stock arrives Tuesday. Have a good weekend!

Let's lock in the current stock levels and see what "lots" is...

London: 2,179.461

New York: 188.210

Zurich: 7,383.574

and how will the liquidity affect the price? Comparison with Goldmoney...

Goldmoney: £497.30/oz

BV New York: 508.54 525.65

BV London: 508.57 517.22

BV Zurich: 508.54 519.43