You're right of course. As you say if LEH passes without too much of a fuss we still have the WaMu CDS auction which was suggested in one article I read for this Friday (24th). It's not that I want any of this to happen, it's just I want to be proved right about gold, I think you probably feel the same.

WaMu and the Icelandic Three are just the tip of the iceberg. The CDS market is the main course while the CDOs were a starter. I read this today on Bloomberg and it served as a reminder of just how right I was to buy gold and silver.

Oct. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Investors are taking losses of up to 90 percent in the $1.2 trillion market for collateralized debt obligations tied to corporate credit as the failures of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and Icelandic banks send shockwaves through the global financial system.

The losses among banks, insurers and money managers may spark the next round of writedowns on CDOs after $660 billion in subprime-related losses. They may force lenders to post more reserves against losses after governments worldwide announced $3 trillion in financial-industry rescue packages since last month, according to Barclays Capital.

These fires are going to burn for years to come and the global central banks are going to be printing heavily for years to come. Let gold sink because there are untold buyers out there. Forced-selling is back today in preparation for WaMu's CDS auction on Friday. Gold is at $750, the Asian exchanges fell sharply. Sooner or later there'll be nothing left to liquidate and on that day - before Crimbo, I think - the goldies' party will start again. :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

guys, just got this reply from CID:

"Thank you for your email and for confirming your payment. As soon as we acknowledge your payment at our bank account we will send you an automatic email confirming it.Normally we are able to ship our customers' orders within the following 48h.Unfortunately, due to some delays from one of our suppliers the 3 x 1oz Maple Leaf you ordered will only be available by early to mid November. Therefore your order will only be shipped by then. Please be assured your order is being followed, the stock is reserved for you and will be shipped as soon as we have the coins available at our warehouse. We apologise for any inconvenience this situation may cause. Should you have any further queries please feel free to contact us at anytime. Kind regards,Your CoinInvestDirect Team Sara Espírito Santo"

I have made a chaps transfer earlier & am very unhappy about this. What can I do in this situation ?

Also, is that person's name a windup ? :unsure:

guys, just got this reply from CID:

"Thank you for your email and for confirming your payment. As soon as we acknowledge your payment at our bank account we will send you an automatic email confirming it.Normally we are able to ship our customers' orders within the following 48h.Unfortunately, due to some delays from one of our suppliers the 3 x 1oz Maple Leaf you ordered will only be available by early to mid November. Therefore your order will only be shipped by then. Please be assured your order is being followed, the stock is reserved for you and will be shipped as soon as we have the coins available at our warehouse. We apologise for any inconvenience this situation may cause. Should you have any further queries please feel free to contact us at anytime. Kind regards,Your CoinInvestDirect Team Sara Espírito Santo"

I have made a chaps transfer earlier & am very unhappy about this. What can I do in this situation ?

Also, is that person's name a windup ? :unsure:

No Sara is a real person! Hi Sara!!!

Unfortunate about the delay, but what can you do? Just think of them being securely stored for you...they will turn up eventually.

If you want some immediate gratification give ATS a bell and see what they have in stock for collection and the price. It might make you feel better...

Unfortunate about the delay, but what can you do? Just think of them being securely stored for you...they will turn up eventually.

If you want some immediate gratification give ATS a bell and see what they have in stock for collection and the price. It might make you feel better...

Seconded.

Coninvest have always been trouble free, I have used them 2/3 times now. I think they value their good reputation, without it they couldn't get any customers.

I'd be more worried about the price of gold tanking like a very heavy thing. Fears of a hyperinflationary holocaust over thanks to G Brown nationalizing the banks and saving the day ?

Ohhh thanks for that, you topped up my wereallgonnadie-ometer. Blimey that is exceptionally dismal news for the markets and for anyone who doesn't own gold. :D

BTW -WaMu is tomorrow not Friday according to an article I read yesterday.

WaMu and the Icelandic Three are just the tip of the iceberg. The CDS market is the main course while the CDOs were a starter. I read this today on Bloomberg and it served as a reminder of just how right I was to buy gold and silver.

These fires are going to burn for years to come and the global central banks are going to be printing heavily for years to come. Let gold sink because there are untold buyers out there. Forced-selling is back today in preparation for WaMu's CDS auction on Friday. Gold is at $750, the Asian exchanges fell sharply. Sooner or later there'll be nothing left to liquidate and on that day - before Crimbo, I think - the goldies' party will start again. :lol:

Anyone interested in a thread on the mining and refining industry as well dissecting individual company financial reports? I for one could do with more hard facts than all the TA stuff, and would also like to learn from any seasoned mining investors we have here.

Isn't that what this entire section of GEI is all about?

this is much more deeper than you think, but it is very simple explained, could you build a house without drawing an exact plan? no? well, how can you build a portfolio if you don't have a plan on a chart? that's it

I'm interested in how it's deeper than I think or if anything in my statements about TA can be invalidated, but I can't go with the analogy. I could add an element of numerology to my portfolio planning and use the same comparison. I love TA charts, because I love data, but if my first statement about TA holds

1. TA is like paper scissors stone (rochambeau), if you invest at a random time, then you're as likely to profit as lose from market timing, hence the average use of market timing must be zero and if there is merit to market timing strategies then it must be to the detriment of other market timing strategies.

how can I know if my TA is good TA or bad TA?

I will sit tight then.

It's just with it being an online only company, I don't like the thought of waiting for my coins for too long.

I have spoken with Sara again & she is very helpful isn't she.

Ohhh thanks for that, you topped up my wereallgonnadie-ometer. Blimey that is exceptionally dismal news for the markets and for anyone who doesn't own gold. :D

You're welcome. Like many, I expected gold to be a lot higher than it is now but it turns out we've waited a bit longer than the goldbulls told us we'd have to but these banks can't keep the all plates spinning forever and that'll become obvious to the world in the price of gold come the corporate defaults . . .

We're right, they're wrong . . . simple as that !

I find my confidence slipping when we have a few quite days/weeks on the trot. Thanks for the pep talk.

You're welcome. Like many, I expected gold to be a lot higher than it is now but it turns out we've waited a bit longer than the goldbulls told us we'd have to but these banks can't keep the all plates spinning forever and that'll become obvious to the world in the price of gold come the corporate defaults . . .

We're right, they're wrong . . . simple as that !

Just to reitterate, there is absolutely nothing to worry about with CID, I have supreme confidence in them, I have used them too many times to count now.

I will sit tight then.

It's just with it being an online only company, I don't like the thought of waiting for my coins for too long.

I will sit tight then.

Nevertheless, it is mildly misleading to advertise

a product as available, only to give delayed delivery

once the customer has committed to an order...

ABB

ABB

I would like to have this kind of information BEFORE I pay. Other than that, CID has been excellent so far IMO.

ABB

yes, she did apologise. She said they had been let down by their delivery people.

In this climate, you don't want to be hearing things like this imo, especially as a first time buyer with the company.

no I don't think so, she asked me where I got the recommend from earlier. She didn't seem to recognise the name, could have been my dodgy north east accent though. :P

I have emailed her the link to this thread where we were discussing her earlier.

In that case, let me add;

Hi Sara!!!