Sure is down. That is THE reason to hold physical in your hands, IMO!

Hmmmm. OK, so the site was down for a bit, but my gold is still physically present in the vault. There is not the equivalent of a run on the bank with allocated gold.

I do like the idea of physically holding some gold (esp. for late-night "my precious" moments) but if I need to sell (which I will do when I find a house I want to live in) then BV is a lot more liquid than holding physical at home. I guess the physical at home argument will really come into play if it all goes completely pear-shaped, in which case I might have to go to plan B (escape to Switzerland).

The BV site is definitely slow this afternoon. I'm hoping its because it is swamped with buy orders...

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Sure is down. That is THE reason to hold physical in your hands, IMO!

Pop. Back up. Phew. That said, the market is pretty thin and any one wanting to trade large quantities is going to be disappointed. This happened a month or so ago either side of some big price movement - fall or rise, I can't remember which. Rise I think.

Hmmmm. OK, so the site was down for a bit, but my gold is still physically present in the vault. There is not the equivalent of a run on the bank with allocated gold.

I do like the idea of physically holding some gold (esp. for late-night "my precious" moments) but if I need to sell (which I will do when I find a house I want to live in) then BV is a lot more liquid than holding physical at home. I guess the physical at home argument will really come into play if it all goes completely pear-shaped, in which case I might have to go to plan B (escape to Switzerland).

The BV site is definitely slow this afternoon. I'm hoping its because it is swamped with buy orders...

Agreed. The liquidity issue is why I’m in BV rather than physical in my hands. I understand where people are coming from in terms of having your gold on you but if, as you say, it goes pear shaped I don’t think physical gold in your possession will be any more use (probably less in fact) than having cartons of ciggies and booze to trade.

I stumbled across this the other day. A copy of the original confiscation order. I thought it is quite historically interesting to look at. Thought you guys might like it if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.goldline.com/images/content/pre.../conf-order.pdf

Sorry, completely the wrong thread to post this :unsure:

And I was just starting to get excited about the price breaking out. :lol::lol:

Need to break out of this before getting too excited.

spotek0.jpg

The whole market is imploding. Commercial real estate is going to implode next then US treasuries - which are returning almost ZERO. According to Bernanke's testimony gold is only discussed in their meetings when central bankers talk about selling. I think Bernanke is lying, and right now they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Gold to keep it down in the rigged paper markets. Paper markets will implode god willing and bullion will shoot to 2,000 USD or Sterling (you pick your poison) lickety split.

Hold long and strong.

The whole market is imploding. Commercial real estate is going to implode next then US treasuries - which are returning almost ZERO. According to Bernanke's testimony gold is only discussed in their meetings when central bankers talk about selling. I think Bernanke is lying, and right now they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Gold to keep it down in the rigged paper markets. Paper markets will implode god willing and bullion will shoot to 2,000 USD or Sterling (you pick your poison) lickety split.

Hold long and strong.

Totally agree, im still a buyer and will be holding firm for a good few more years until something gets resolved with regards to currencies. Today looks like a bit of a squeeze going on but i'm not feeling overly bulish just yet. I think we'll see plenty of more smackdowns on this journey.

Just checked my BV account, it was already doing well in GBP this week but it’s taken a serious turn for the better within the last 20 mins.

I know how you feel. I went out to do a bit of shopping and when I came home I was <adopts Harry Enfield voice> considerably richer than when I'd left.

Totally agree, im still a buyer and will be holding firm for a good few more years until something gets resolved with regards to currencies. Today looks like a bit of a squeeze going on but i'm not feeling overly bulish just yet. I think we'll see plenty of more smackdowns on this journey.

The Comex warehouse, just like fort Knox, will soon be revealed for what it is - an empty shell. Sure right now you can get your bullion in large chunks from them, but that is only because very few folks actually collect on the paper. Once the masses smell a rat, like De Gaulle did in the late 60s, the comex will default. This will be a repeat of when Nixon closed the gold window in '71.