Nice moves but if Citigroup fails or merges over the weekend, the CDS "market" will deem it a credit event. Lots of contracts to settle, hence a lot more forced-selling. Sadly, the US dollar party ain't over just yet

:( . . . Having said that, money's coming out of treasuries today . . .

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

:lol:

Gold Surges Amid Deflation Concern; Silver, Platinum Rebound

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...fer=commodities

Nov. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Gold rose, heading for the biggest weekly gain since September, as the global economic slump dragged down asset prices and boosted the appeal of the precious metal as a store of value. Silver and platinum also gained.

The degree of leverage in the system has ever increased since 1913. That's the fundamentals behind it.

djiagoldlongtermlh3.png

This is brilliant, it conveys a message that is so difficult to explain in words in a simple easy to see way.

The big question is will the current crash be so big it breaks the international monetary system altogether, cg thinks so and so do I.

The whole market is imploding. Commercial real estate is going to implode next then US treasuries - which are returning almost ZERO. According to Bernanke's testimony gold is only discussed in their meetings when central bankers talk about selling. I think Bernanke is lying, and right now they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Gold to keep it down in the rigged paper markets. Paper markets will implode god willing and bullion will shoot to 2,000 USD or Sterling (you pick your poison) lickety split.

Hold long and strong.

Do you have a link for this, Pluto?

Please play the whole clip. Bernanke specifically states they only ever discuss gold when central banks want to sell at 5:03. If you believe him I have an Island off the northern coast of France called UK I can sell you.

Enjoy!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NyAm4nzRoMU

yep

like i said before you dont have to be a body language expert to know the liar at the end

Morning all :D :D

Was just £541.90/oz, now £537.20/oz. Now that is nice to wake up to :D

Good morning to you Steve. Its sure is good to come home from work and see gold doing better. Hopefully it will close above $800 for the weekend.

Ker, what do the charts make of todays action and have you been wrong about the fall in gold price or do you still think its to come?

Good morning to you Steve. Its sure is good to come home from work and see gold doing better. Hopefully it will close above $800 for the weekend.

It's holding up well :D

I wonder how the news will cover that on Monday. They seem to mention the drops more than the rises.

Anyway, why do they cover Oil & gold on the business news (in NZ obviously).

Isn't gold some old relic :D :D

Just so many inconsistencies in the fiat money story :D

Edited to add:

Where are our resident gold skeptics today ? :P:lol::D

You gotta pull their legs on a day like this.

Nice to see the Schiffmeister getting more airtime.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=935047784&play=1

He is even on Bernard's site:

Video: How ‘Dr Doom’ Peter Schiff was right in 2006 and 2007

November 20th, 2008

http://www.interest.co.nz/ratesblog/index....-2006-and-2007/

What is funny is that most of the people who comment on his site already know all the sensible people like Peter :D