Will it be like new year as well? Is that the same for Ag and Au? When would delivery have to occur?

doesnt, if one reads the small print in the contracts they can settle in cash................................ :lol:

Silver market opens 5 mins after gold.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

In theory, those long on the COMEX are more likely to request delivery if the price is too low rather than the opposite. The old adage is, "there's only one cure for low prices and that's more low prices."

Therefore, should the price rise from these lows, the less likely that they'll be a default on the COMEX or at least that's what I've been told. To be honest, these big daily rises make me somewhat nervous as it could be a prelude to further manipulation once the heat is off the Cartel for a while i.e. until March 2009.

Or alternatively, we could be witnessing the collapse of the COMEX itself; though, at this stage, I very much doubt it, especially when you consider the identity of the bulls' adversaries which includes the major CBs of the developed nations right now.

However, I think it fair to say, that the manipulators are having their work cut out in attempting to keep the prices as low as possible without inducing a deluge of delivery requests which could easily lead to a default and potentially the break up of the COMEX itself; thus, the likelihood of criminal charges being laid upon them in the aftermath.

They're treading a fine line one could say. Which way it goes is anyone's guess as far as us mere mortals are concerned, as only the insiders will have a good grasp of the latest score as it were. Should the Cartel fail to hold current resistance levels, around $825/oz for gold and $10.40 to $10.80 for silver on a closing basis, then that could well mean that we've seen the bottom with the recent lows.

On the flip side, should they succeed in defending the above resistance levels, then Ker could well be right (except for his timing) in that the bottom has not been reached and we could well see the longer term support levels being re-tested at some future date. These lows would lie in the vicinity of $480-540/oz for gold and $6.80-7.50/oz for silver including even more horrific intra day lows should you happen to be long at the time.

That's what my research leads me to conclude anyway, and of course. I could be way off the mark. Nevertheless, I hope what I've written helps others to appreciate the current state of play more fully and to be aware that there's no one in this world who could honestly make the correct call at this point, either way. No matter how hard they try to convince you otherwise, and that applies to the long and shorts in equal measure.

Of course, we can all take an informed guess and have a punt; though, that's all it'll be whether you're right or wrong in the end, just a stab in the dark at this stage...

:o Someone is withdrawing 60kg of gold from BV. There’s a public notice on the BV website

http://www.bullionvault.com/audit/withdrawal_note.html

It may not be a private individual, it maybe company using it to make smaller bars or rounds to sell to private individuals. It is my hunch that these bars will never return to Bullion Vault again.

I think what we will see is more of this happening as long as the paper price stays low, and the premium stays high.

What will happen of course is that BV won't let its reserves get too low or they will be out of business. They will raise their premium and look to replace reserves from central bank sales or commodity exchanges. [And then when these pillars are exhausted, the paper price will really move]

This is possibly how the foodchain works.

:o Someone is withdrawing 60kg of gold from BV. There’s a public notice on the BV website

http://www.bullionvault.com/audit/withdrawal_note.html

That's the third time this year I remember, but I notice the "Reference" says 4, so maybe it's the fourth.

Nice to see the system operating. It demonstrates that the customers do own their metal and that the BV markets are not cut-off from the wider markets.

I think that is quite unfair.

Thanks Steve, glad everyone doesn't think I'm a troll. :lol:

I am not going to respond to childish cdswamp as I don't want to waste space on this thread, would prefer to keep it with interesting information.

That's the third time this year I remember, but I notice the "Reference" says 4, so maybe it's the fourth.

Nice to see the system operating. It demonstrates that the customers do own their metal and that the BV markets are not cut-off from the wider markets.

Were the others a large quantity [can you remember]?

I’ve only got a small amount of gold in BV, but it would be nice to think I could withdraw it in the form of coins / small bars

It's your netiquette that is in the spotlight, not your facts.

How do you think they are braking gold & silver? I am interested as to the methods that you think they would use to control price.

The above has been discussed ad nauseam here on the global edge, recently, as in, every other day... :rolleyes:

I have personally posted a dozen or more pieces from GATA and other sources precisely discussing how the PPT operates, their history and who they are, and in far more detail, the methods used by the CRIMEX and CBOT silver and gold price manipulators and their friends at the LBMA - vis a vis the banks and their short/longs, the small specs and large specs, the open interest movements and so on - I've posted articles by Ted Butler explaining how the crime continues week in and week out, articles by other commentators precisely complaining about how this thievery goes on and complaining that the overseers are toothless and do not want to do their jobs and prosecute.

I have just typed in something on google that Pixie apparently is incapable of doing, and guess what I got???

GOLD SILVER PRICE MANIPULATION

The Smoking Gun - SilverSeek.com

22 Aug 2008 ... Gold Seeker Closing Report: Gold and Silver Gain Over 3% and 8% As ... large COMEX traders have manipulated the price of silver and gold. ...

news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1219417468.php - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

The Disconnect Between Supply and Demand in Gold & Silver Markets ...

On Friday, as the COMEX gold price was collapsing, the U.S. Mint .... I've read ever on the absolutely criminal manipulation of the gold and silver markets ...

seekingalpha.com/article/91357-the-disconnect-between-supply-and-demand -in-gold-silver-markets - 478k - Cached - Similar pages

Gold and Silver Obvious Price Maniupulation :: The Market Oracle ...

20 Nov 2008 ... Gold and Silver Bullish Fundamentals- Keep Your Eye on the Prize .... Gold Price Manipulation- Bear Stearns Murdered at the Golden Gates ...

www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article7397.html - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

Banker Manipulation Of Gold And Silver Prices Further Exposed

Visit Infowars.net for up-to-the-minute news, breaking news, video, audio and feature stories.

infowars.net/articles/november2008/181108gold.htm - 34k - Cached - Similar pages

CFTC denies silver price manipulation | Gold-Silver Blog

Releasing a second study in four years, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) denies that the major bullion houses are or have manipulated the ...

www.blog.cmi-gold-silver.com/wordpress/cftc-denies-silver-price- manipulation/ - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

Banker Manipulation Of Gold And Silver Prices Further Exposed ...

20 Nov 2008 ... Commodities experts are in agreement that the price of gold and silver is being manipulated by bankers and government officials in order to ...

eldib.wordpress.com/2008/11/20/banker-manipulation-of-gold-and-silver- prices-further-exposed/ - 54k - Cached - Similar pages

Gold price manipulation/control proof - iTulip.com Forums

20 posts - Last post: 19 Aug

i'm not a fan of gold price manipulation because gold prices move in lock step with silver during these supposed central bank manipulations. ...

www.itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4640 - 145k - Cached - Similar pages

Chris Powell: Gold and silver market manipulation update | Gold ...

14 Nov 2008 ... Chris Powell: Gold and silver market manipulation update .... Multiplied by 700 percent, that would mean a gold price of about $5000 per ...

www.gata.org/node/6873 - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

Banker Manipulation Of Gold And Silver Prices Further

www.prisonplanet.com/banker-manipulation-of-gold-and-silver-prices- further-exposed.html - Similar pages

Banker Manipulation Of Gold And Silver Prices Further Exposed , page 1

Discusion about Banker Manipulation Of Gold And Silver Prices Further Exposed in the AboveTopSecret.com website alternative topics discussion forum Breaking ...

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread412825/pg1 - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

:lol:

Were the others a large quantity [can you remember]?

I’ve only got a small amount of gold in BV, but it would be nice to think I could withdraw it in the form of coins / small bars

There's quite a lot of restrictions involved with withdrawing physical from BV - check website - inc' (I think) that it'd have to be in LBMA bars (@400oz gold).

You can, but the problem with withdrawing less than 400 t oz from BV, is they will charge you up to 7.5% for withdrawl plus shipping and then on top of this you will lose 4-6% of the value of the gold as it is no longer a Good Delivery Bar, see below. It is cheaper to sell your gold and then buy from a dealer.

You will have noticed the professional markets trade bullion on very competitive prices not usually available to private individuals. The settlement condition for a professional market bullion trade is that the seller makes available a Good Delivery Bar at the door of an accredited bullion vault. The Good Delivery Bar weighs 400 oz (this varies across markets) and it has been continually stored in these accredited vaults since it was manufactured by an accredited refiner. Unlisted manufacturers, under-sized bars, and also previous private possession of full size bars deny the gold 'good delivery' status. This prevents professional buyers accepting them when you sell because of the integrity rules of the bullion market. The result is that you will have to accept a discounted price from trader outside the main bullion market, so you will lose probably 4-6% of your gold's value the instant you take possession.

Also, just got a message from GM regarding collection of silver from London with this:

1% commission fee with a minimum of GBP500 from the agent in administration costs

(Would apply to gold too no doubt.)

Not happy about that! Pretty cheeky IMO and makes actual collection from GM more expensive/less appealing... Hmmm...

How do you think they are braking gold & silver? I am interested as to the methods that you think they would use to control price.

The above has been discussed ad nauseam here on the global edge, recently, as in, every other day... :rolleyes:

I have personally posted a dozen or more pieces from GATA and other sources precisely discussing how the PPT operates, their history and who they are, and in far more detail, the methods used by the CRIMEX and CBOT silver and gold price manipulators and their friends at the LBMA - vis a vis the banks and their short/longs, the small specs and large specs, the open interest movements and so on - I've posted articles by Ted Butler explaining how the crime continues week in and week out, articles by other commentators precisely complaining about how this thievery goes on and complaining that the overseers are toothless and do not want to do their jobs and prosecute.

I have just typed in something on google that Pixie apparently is incapable of doing, and guess what I got???

I have read a lot of the links you have provided. If we go back to my original question.

How do you think they are braking gold & silver? I am interested as to the methods that you think they would use to control price. I understand that they would create supply to rebalance demand, but surely they will be running out of supply soon.

I understand that the price of gold & silver have been controlled by various methods, including sale & leasing of central bank gold. My question was what happens when they start to run out. With other CBs starting to shift their reserves to gold, surely they will need to stop getting rid of their supply soon.

Do you really need to be so offensive in your replies to my posts, you are the only poster who takes that approach with me, or do you subscribe to the Alex Jones school of charm.

You really are a prize plonker aren't you

I have taken you off ignore because i had to read your drivel in Pix's replies

I have personally posted a dozen or more pieces from GATA Use the search facility provided by this site

and other sources precisely discussing how the PPT operates, their history and who they are Use the search facility provided by this site

, and in far more detail,

the methods used by the CRIMEX and CBOT silver and gold price manipulators and their friends at the LBMA -

vis a vis the banks and their short/longs,Use the search facility provided by this site

the small specs and large specs,

the open interest movements and so on -

I've posted articles by Ted Butler explaining how the crime continues week in and week out, Use the search facility provided by this site

Did you get the message here?

You seem to be under the illusion that you are educating us in your....ahem....research when if you did a little research you will find many of these topics have been discussed and indeed have their very own thread!

Back to your padded room Seedy. I'll leave you off ignore for the time being to see your enlightening response, if you can tear yourself away from the lizards and left-handed browsing