AJSOC totally! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps Warpig can help you out. :rolleyes: I'm outta here, a pint beckons at the Dog and Aardvark...

Quickie before I go...several relevant bits of intel from Bill Murphy/GATA...

Glad I have made you laugh.

The link you have provided seems to confirm what I was saying. The selling & leasing by CBs has soon got to come to an end, due to them not wanting to get rid of their supply any more. So you have confirmed my 'troll' post with comment from GATA. Well done.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Back to your padded room Seedy. I'll leave you off ignore for the time being to see your enlightening response, if you can tear yourself away from the lizards and left-handed browsing

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://news.goldseek.com/RickAckerman/1227596460.php

It’s by no means a done deal, although the reasons for gold’s burst of strength are so obvious as to require only minimal explanation. With last weekend’s furtive “rescue” of Citigroup, the U.S. raised the threshold of its willy-nilly guarantees to something approaching $4.6 trillion. Any imbecile (CNBC guests excepted) can smell a hyperinflation down the road and a day of reckoning for the dollar. However, for the time being, deflationary forces are far more powerful globally, having already destroyed an estimated $52 trillion worth of assets, including stocks, bonds and real estate. Moreover, deflation has caused a fundamentally worthless dollar to act strong simply because debtors, unable to keep rolling their loans, are being forced to settle up in cash.

The artificially strong dollar has kept a lid on bullion quotes, but if gold is indeed about to blow past $1000, it would suggest that investors are looking beyond debt deflation toward the inevitable destruction of the dollar. We still believe it will come too late to save debtors, who would of course benefit if their homes were to increase in value to, say, a quadrillion dollars. But if gold were to break decisively above $1000 even as deflation continues to crush nearly all other classes of assets, we’d infer that perhaps those $10,000-an-ounce estimates broached by some celebrated gold bugs are not so farfetched after all.

I check in each day or two and enjoy this site immensely ...until today, thanks to the bad tone set by various frictional posts.

cdswamp - you know your stuff, and are a very valuable poster. ...but I think you'd be doing yourself, and all of us, a favor if you just ignored those posts and didn't react so rudely.

If you're pis5ed off for some other reason, then have another beer (on me - I'll meet you down the Dog and AArdvark) and don't take it out on the rest of us.

Were the others a large quantity [can you remember]?

I’ve only got a small amount of gold in BV, but it would be nice to think I could withdraw it in the form of coins / small bars

I think one was about 13 kg and the other over 80 kg. The bars in the vaults are only LMBA bars (400 oz give or take). BV says if somebody wants to take delivery of smaller quantities it is in principle possible but would be more expensive because of the extra trouble of obtaining small bars especially.

G'day,

Several little point-ettes:

*** I wouldn't be too concerned about someone taking gold out from BV - even 60kg. This shows the system is working. If they are taking it out they are not selling it through the BV market. This would imply one of several possibilities:

*either, someone is concerned about the ViaMat vault and thinks that their own safe/mattress/hole in the garden is safer (unlikely);

*or, they want to take delivery of the bullion to sell to some dodgy geezer (money laundering?);

*or, they want to take delivery of the metal to melt it down into little rounds etc. (this seems somewhat unlikely as they would need to go through the assaying process to re-sell and most mints etc. would take delivery through COMEX where it is a bit cheaper;

*or, someone suspects there is a genuine shortage of good-delivery LBM bars (I doubt this) and wants to have the gold in-hand;

*finally, a rich conspiracy theorist (anyone on here?) has decided he wants his/her gold to disappear from the view of even the Swiss authorities.

Either which way, it's not a 'sale'. Presumably if someone wanted to sell, they'd sell through BV where they'd probably get a higher price. It is, presumably, someone who wants to use their gold for something else/hide it somewhere.

Gold comes in and out of BV through dealers. If the BV gold is significantly higher/lower than the market price then dealers can use the difference to arbitrage. I think this is the origin of that chunky c.22kg sale/buy that always seems to be lurking at the edges of the dealing screen if you clear away the 1g clutter (sorry, 1g owners).

***Secondly, I'm now 'all-in' gold, silver and mining stocks and won't be increasing my exposure following my latest purchase (today). Given my investment history, shrewder readers may read this as a sell signal. You have been warned.

***Thirdly, this site is getting popular. I was at a far-flung airport today and was surprised, when logging on to a public terminal to check GEI, to be 'welcomed back' 'your last visit was at 05.13'.

***Fourthly, please keep up the tone. One of the things that has been so great about this site is that the vast majority of people come constructively to share and learn from those with a wide variety of opinions. There are no 'trolls' in that sense because this site has not, thankfully, established a 'group think' yet. Lets keep it that way.

Bigt there is some history here with pixe and warpig and one or two others (the mad norn weejizzie, classy comments about seedy and right hands etc, wonderful!), (the conspiracy thread for example). I have been called a troll/plagiarist/plank/nutter/lizard and so on for quite some time by several posters. I apologise to the board, but I am not going to take further BS from these people. If they drop it I'll drop it. Fact is these same posters hardly ever post anything new or relevant. Lazy lazy lazy.

Thanks! I am not aware of all that history, and can see why you're peeved! Then again, I suspect each of you will have your own versions of that history.

...I'm just asking everyone to chill out, and enjoy a good debate (colorful yes, insulting no)

BTW: The Dog and Aardvark doesn't exist does it - at least not according to the web - so I can't buy you a drink unless you choose another venue :)

Glad I have made you laugh.

The link you have provided seems to confirm what I was saying. The selling & leasing by CBs has soon got to come to an end, due to them not wanting to get rid of their supply any more. So you have confirmed my 'troll' post with comment from GATA. Well done.

Thanks for that, it was something I was curious about but have n't got around to investigating. It is nice when another member who knows the answer is willing to be helpful and share. Despite the answer being in one simple sentence requiring a small amount of time it has not only enlightened me but I'm sure many others not only here but on the www.

Gold taking off again 827.

Mr market is getting nervous with all the inflationary implications of the mega bailouts coming. :rolleyes:

PPT smackdown at 830 precisely ...just like yesterday!

Seems to me the PPT have reset their 'automated reactionary smackdown' (ARS) system to 830, from the value of 740 that it was set to until last Thursday.

This would make sense if they want gold to start scaring people a little, so as to weaken the dollar to a more comfortable level.

PPT smackdown at 830 precisely!

Seems to me the PPT have reset their 'automated reactionary smackdown' (ARS) system to 830, from the value of 740 that it was set to until last Thursday.

This would make sense if they want gold to start scaring people a little, so as to weaken the dollar to a more comfortable level.

It may work for a few nervous fillies... but once the herd gets a real fright and stampedes, TPTB will get squashed.

Paulson's speaking now! :lol:

Bigt there is some history here with pixe and warpig and one or two others (the mad norn weejizzie, classy comments about seedy and right hands etc, wonderful!), (the conspiracy thread for example). I have been called a troll/plagiarist/plank/nutter/lizard and so on for quite some time by several posters. I apologise to the board, but I am not going to take further BS from these people. If they drop it I'll drop it. Fact is these same posters hardly ever post anything new or relevant. Lazy lazy lazy.

I do not have a history with you. I once have asked you to keep your conspiracy/illuminati posts to the right thread, that is all. I have been posting on this forum for over a year now and don't seem to of upset anyone else.

Are you saying that I never post anything of relevance?

Thanks for that, it was something I was curious about but have n't got around to investigating. It is nice when another member who knows the answer is willing to be helpful and share. Despite the answer being in one simple sentence requiring a small amount of time it has not only enlightened me but I'm sure many others not only here but on the www.

Someone obviously thinks I have my uses. :lol:

PPT smackdown at 830 precisely ...just like yesterday!

Isn't the PPT system called "Automated Reactionary Smackdown Engine" ? :rolleyes: