• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

It’s not VAT free. CID can’t ship silver to Spain anymore.

This item is not available for shipment to the selected Ship To country Spain. We have reached the limit of VAT liable goods as per Article 34 of EC directive 2006/112/EC, VAT directive. Please chose a different Ship To country.

EDIT: That's not my typo. That’s direct copy & paste from CID

Ah I see. Well spotted! And I was scheming a cheap holiday to Spain with the added bonus of cheap silver. Good thing it was just an idle thought..

Now then, now then. Caaaaam down, caaaam down!

Could we just have a bit of a reasoned debate about BV for a moment.

Is there something in this allocated, insured physical gold holding in Zurich that I'm not getting?

If BV go bankrupt, I still own my gold (although it might take a little while to get hold of it). My gold is not an asset of BV.

If Viamat go bankrupt, I still own my gold (although it also might take a while to get hold of it). The gold in its vaults is not an asset of Viamat.

I'm noticing an increasing number of comments about "electronic gold" or "paper gold". Can anyone convincingly explain that the service BV offers falls into either of these categories? Or am I going to have to fly to Zurich and see the contents of the Viamat vault for myself? In short, does anyone have any evidence that BV does not do exactly what they say they do i.e. hold physical gold securely on behalf of the rightful and legal owners?

IMO, BillionVault and GoldMoney are the safest and best options for gold holdings that are outside your immediate environment for people who can not afford to have their own Swiss bank locker.

GM is a Company Registered in Jersey. It's maybe a little bit safer than BV. But I imagine GM will turn over the gold if they are labelled as a terrorist organisation and have all their bank accounts frozen.

You'd even have to turn over your wife, kids, and mistresses in that case.

I also believe that the Swiss would be loath to destroy an important part of their economy.

The Swiss will have no choice in the matter as UBS just found out when the US Federal Government came knocking on their door for information on US residents accounts.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Wealthy U.S. clients of UBS AG are offering to settle their tax liabilities with the Internal Revenue Service before the Swiss bank’s possible disclosure of their names to government authorities, lawyers said.

Clients fear a U.S. probe of whether UBS fostered tax evasion by 17,000 customers who the Justice Department said failed to report income to the IRS. Those coming forward include descendants of Holocaust survivors whose families opened accounts decades ago, hoping for a safe haven to stow their assets as they fled Europe, lawyers said.

“We’re starting to get phone calls from U.S. citizens who say, ‘When these names get handed over, I’m in trouble,’” said Lawrence Horn, a defense attorney who said he represents several UBS clients. “People are nervous.”

IMO, BillionVault and GoldMoney are the safest and best options for gold holdings that are outside your immediate environment for people who can not afford to have their own Swiss bank locker.

Like I've said before, I rate GM a little over BV cause:

• C.I. based,
  • 'simpler' process for physical collection (though my view on this has changed recently - re. silver bars collection constraints)
  • gg transfers. This facility might offer real potential... Someone commented on this over on the Letters of Credit thread.

Re. Viamat - a question... (I've asked them directly but, emails really aren't their strong point. Last reply I got from them didn't answer question and included a response to another clients storage query - along with item details! :huh:)

As Viamat are a member of the LBMA, does that mean that all Viamat storage locations are covered under the LBMA 'chain of integrity' or just some?

If bullion is moved, by Viamat, between Viamat's different storage locations (Viamat, Kloten to Viamat, Zurich Airport and back again), would the bullion remain within the LBMA members chain of integrity - and, therefore, would not require re-assaying at any point?

Thanks.

Mmm, it's quiet...too quiet. Calm before the storm?

I think they are building up to something big...

I get the sense that all the parts have now been set in motion and can only play themselves out. I just feel like a spectator now; what was before an intellectual exercise has now turned into a sense of foreboding.. or dare I say dread.

It is like watching a train crash.... in slow motion. All that remains is to see which side of the tracks the wreckage will go.

The Swiss will have no choice in the matter as UBS just found out when the US Federal Government came knocking on their door for information on US residents accounts.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Wealthy U.S. clients of UBS AG are offering to settle their tax liabilities with the Internal Revenue Service before the Swiss bank’s possible disclosure of their names to government authorities, lawyers said.

Clients fear a U.S. probe of whether UBS fostered tax evasion by 17,000 customers who the Justice Department said failed to report income to the IRS. Those coming forward include descendants of Holocaust survivors whose families opened accounts decades ago, hoping for a safe haven to stow their assets as they fled Europe, lawyers said.

“We’re starting to get phone calls from U.S. citizens who say, ‘When these names get handed over, I’m in trouble,’” said Lawrence Horn, a defense attorney who said he represents several UBS clients. “People are nervous.”

Presumably they are nervous because they are tax evaders.

Again, to get to this stage with the gold holdings that people on this board possess (assuming you're not tax evaders, of course! :ph34r: ) , the government would have to criminalize the private holding of gold. They would also have to dismantle or neutralize the judicial system, as I'm sure people considerably richer than moi would take the matter of private gold seizure to the House of Lords.

Also, that quote referred to handing over records, not the gold holding itself. The UK government can get the records from BV anyway and will have records if you have exceeded the £5,000 and £10,000 limits for gold purchases from a dealer.

Taking this a bit further, the only way I can see that you could disappear from the radar completely is to have bought your gold in chunks of less than £5,000 per dealer for cash and then store it out of the banking system (which does increase the risk of robbery). eBay would leave a trail. However, if gold holding is declared illegal in this country, you would then have to leave and take your gold holding with you. In which case, you'd better not be one of those people who sweat a lot when you're under pressure ;)

cheers Pluto.

he seemed to say it very firmly though & didn't appear to act as though something had slipped out.

very strange. <_<

With so much dis-information going around it really is difficult to understand what they are trying to achieve with comments like that.

I managed to get a possible default answer from a gata member -

op-ex has already happened. You mean futures, right.

I posted this on another thread on 11-21.

Next Friday is 1st notice day and Dec 3rd is 1st delivery day. Delivery extends throughout the month. We may see a quick price rise if delivery demand is high. Even COMEX does not want to deliver at these low prices. We may very well see Comex default before the end of this year.

Tommorrow is 1st notice day.

yes, cg's gold backwardation points to the default actually happening....this IS a real possibility now isn't it ?

so the only partial save would be new legislation to try to counteract this event ? , although I have no idea on the practical ramifications of this or what they would implement ?? :unsure:

I don't really understand the finite details of COMEX, just that it represents all future contracts in metals in it's basic form. It was established in 1933, perhaps it will cease to exist in 2009. <_<:o surely it's just to big to fail, but what if something HUGE happened that overtook that issue, you know something to focus on, an unexpected EVENT of sorts. :unsure::(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...d-unravels.html

Citigroup says gold could rise above $2,000 next year as world unravels

Gold is poised for a dramatic surge and could blast through $2,000 an ounce by the end of next year as central banks flood the world's monetary system with liquidity, according to an internal client note from the US bank Citigroup.

It could still happen, but my hunch is that the cartel have something up their apron to forestall it...

well, at least we gte to find out very soon.

On a totally seperate note, it will also be very interesting to see what happens around 2012. pole shift ala mayan style, although perhaps it really is just a new age tsunami rather than a physical shift, more a shift of consciousness, a new beginning perhaps ?? we get to find out if a major prediction happens anyway.

a lot of religion all appears to be merging at 2012ish with the same result, and it's NOT looking good. Loosely speaking of course, just in case the pedant police come after me. :unsure::P

... all future contracts in metals in it's basic form...

All gold future contracts, US and most Western I would assume but does anyone know if there are other exchanges that the Western world does not normally use, China, India, Middle East?

I must admit that I am HIGHLY suspicious of the Olympics being held here in Blighty in 2012 - it was pretty obvious that we pulled out all the stops ref. bribery to get the vote over the French, some connected folks desperately wanted to do their NWO black rituals here in London on this date.

One vote could have swung it the other way. I heard that a few days before, some French politician remarked that only Finnish food is worse than British food. :lol:

One of the voters was Finnish. He voted for London, but claimed that he was unaffected by the politician's comment. Not that we believe that.